My fingernails

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: My fingernails
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 01:03 am:

I must break the habit! I must, I must!!

I used to bite all my fingernails. For some reason, now I only bite the thumb and babyfinger nails, because I feel like they Don't Count.

How can I break this vile habit??

By Elvi on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 02:31 am:

Wow...I've been biting my fingernails for 21 years and finally stopped this summer...sorta. I still chew my thumbs...the best way is to grow a couple and then when they get long you kinda see how silly the other's look. And then you won't want to chew the others off to make it look even again so you'll just let the rest grow. And hopefully it works.

By Nate on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 05:24 pm:

scratch your ass more.

i mean, really dig in.

By Fetidbeaver on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

That's how she got hooked on eating them to begin with. DON'T ENCOURAGE HER!

By Semillama on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 09:29 pm:

here's the best way: The urge is not to chew on them but to trim them. So carry around a pair of nail clippers or at least keep them handy, like ona n end table and use them when the urge strke. Just don't cut 'em too short.

I find I get a lot of pleasure out of coming home with a lot of dirt under my nails and cleanign themout.

By Gee on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 02:51 am:

Thanks Sem. I thought I was the only one who activly enjoyed cleaning under my fingernails.

By Cyst on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 12:59 pm:

my roommate bites her nails too.

the only time that I mind is when I forget and ask her if she has a nail clipper.

"no.

how do you keep your nails short?

I bite them."

maybe next time I should ask her to bite mine off for me too.

By J on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 01:24 pm:

Thats a good one Cyst.

By Swine on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 05:09 pm:

damn.

that's disgusting.

i'm going back to sleep.

By Perfidy on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 07:57 pm:

Cleaning and trimming nails can sure be fun but nothing beats cleaning ones ears. I have the cleanest ears for miles around. I bite my nails occasionaly but there is no real pleasure in that. All other bodily pleasures, save only a few, pale in comparison to a good ear cleaning. I'm going back to sleep too right after I clean my ears.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 10:59 pm:

Have you ever stuck your finger in your ear and then bitten that fingernail?

It only happens once.

By J on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 02:02 am:

I still do all of them,but not as bad as I use to.

By Gee on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 03:14 am:

I wonder exactly which part of this our Pig find disgusting. There's so Much to choose from.

By Jinafishes on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

Gag, you can start off with the title.

By J on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 03:22 pm:

Then think of where they were,you can take it from there.

By Wavydave on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 06:11 pm:

the fingernails on my left hand are bitten down as far as they go, but the nails on my righ hand are growing out.
    That's because I broke that wrist and it hurts really bad to twist it, so it's not worth biting those nails.

ergo - break both wrists and you'll have beautiful, long nails

By Gee on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 01:41 am:

Biting your fingernails is considered gross? Really? I never thought that. I mean it's not like I sit and chow down on my body parts. I don't pour ketchup on my fingers and make a meal out of it. (I use mayo)

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 11:31 am:

Maybe you should claw at some dog shit, THEN you wouldn't chew on your nails. See, that's why it's gross, stuff grows underneath, have you ever smelled that stuff under your toenails? Ye gods that's some stank stuff. My habbit is picking the fingernail polish off my nails when I get bored, but if you put hard as nails clear liquid on, it's harder to do, so it's helping. I knew a girl who would bite her nails and even around it so it was bloody when she was stressed out and it grossed me out SO bad.

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 11:46 am:

i like to speard elmers on my palm and then peel it when it drys..........i passed 8th grade chemistry because of that

By Wavydave on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 03:27 pm:

off of Jinafishes...

my 9th grade science teacher (a female body builder - don't mess with Mrs. Mendez) told us, in excruciating detail, how a person ingests dirt, bacteria and loads of dead skin cells when giving a hickey. I wasn't much into them before, but I don't think I've given one since...

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 04:08 pm:

Ugh, did she program the word fnord into you too?

By Wavydave on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 05:03 pm:

nope, no fnords here. but you should see how many we stick in the newspaper I work at :P

I just finished the Illuminatus Trilogy myself. Still working through the appendices at the end though...

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 05:31 pm:

Oh really?? That's cool. I loved it, I got grossed out though when uh... George Dorn was initiated and that hung dead guy that looked like him jizzed all over. I got just as freaked out as he did. He was probly my favorite character.. and Malik.

Right now I'm reading Out of Control, by that guy that does Wired magazine, Kelsey? About hive intelligence, hive communities, and incorporating that into machines. Then it's Shrodinger's Cat, the sequel to illuminatus.

By Wavydave on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 05:44 pm:

Hmmm

I just started "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis - i'm not very far into it, but it seems to be a pseudo sci-fi about a dead person's journey from the grey city (hell) into heaven.

Lewis is a very good writer and puts a very unique spin on the concept.

By Semillama on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 08:07 pm:

if yuo read Illuminatus! thenyou are absolutely required to read the Cosmic Trigger trilogy or you won't know what you're really missing from Illuminatus!, such as some of the stuff that happens in the book actually happened to RAW in real life.

You have to find out for yourselves which parts are true.

RAw is an official SUbGenius Pope. This iste, as I have mentioned previously, is on the links page on his official web site under the collection of best sites to visit while stoned

By Jinafishes on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 03:24 pm:

There really is a list for the stoned? Alamout black is real? I just read it in an article on there, was a good idea anyhow. STuff really happened? Like what?? Did he jizz all over everybody? If you have one of the books I'd really love it if you shared the wealth! *winkwinknudgenudge*

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact