No more ordering out!

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: No more ordering out!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:45 am:

I just saw on tv, one of the vilest,most disgusting behaviors imaginable. It was one of those hidden tape at the workplace shows.We all know that there are a few nuts out there, working in resturants, but assume it is a small number, but I'm having to rethink this. I only watched for a few minuets, but am truley repulsed. They showed a guy jerking off in a bottle of sauce, he was making burritos, orgasm was evident on the video, and then he finished making and wrapping the burrito, and no, he didn't forget to add the sauce. It showed another guy jacking off on what looked like maybe where they keep the hamburger buns.There was this hidious waitress, who was digging in her nose, then taking her finger and rubbing it into a cup of coffee, and we're not talking a "quick pick" here, this bitch was mining for gold. Her excuse for this behavior, when she was confronted, was======"this guys been coming in here for years, never buys anything but coffee, never leaves me a tip, and I've got a really bad cold right now and was hoping to make him sick with it"
    I'm beginning to wonder if these type of incidents are more frequent that I'd imagined, I eat out alot, because I'm always on the go, and this has always been one of my favorite pleasures, but I think maybe I'll just bring a salad from home from now on.

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:53 pm:

I saw that too,it was disgusting all those sick bastards!! But I use to work at Shoneys,and if anyone sent their food back to be re-cooked,they would get it back with spit.My husband tells me of a guy he knew in Chicago who worked at a Hardys,who use to piss in the pickle barrel.

By Mike on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:58 pm:

Mmmm! More buggers please!

The more I hear of this kind of thing, the more I just hate people in general. What is wrong with people?

By ML on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

Thanks ladies....you just ruined my lunch.

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:47 pm:

Sorry.But I was just so repulsed,that I felt I wanted to pass this along so we,[the consumers]don't step right into their disgusting misuse of bodily fluids,as we sit in our cars at the drive thru,with big grins on our faces, as we eagerly anticipate the arrival of our snacks.I think I'll change my name to "Brown Bag Girl".

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:53 pm:

Not necessary....use Czarina....I like it.
    Just warn me next time. OK?

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:00 pm:

Czarina,I posted it here a while ago,but just for you I,ll mention it again.A few years ago this kid that worked at Jack-in-the-Box,blew his nose in a cop,s hamburger,the cop discovered the "secret sauce"and the kid was busted.After that happened,I use to go to the drive through order those 2 for 99cents Tacoes,then say "I just got to have it,throw in a couple of those snotburgers".

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:11 pm:

Well, I try to treat the staff well, and it does make a difference in whether or not they get mad at you.

Maybe the cop was rude.
    I know people tend to be pretty rude to fast food employees, and how much job satisfaction do they really get to compensate for it?

If I were getting $4.75 an hour to get snapped at by hundreds of people, I wouldn't be too friendly either.

And I'm not saying it's justified, but it is kind of unsurprising.

So here's what I do, and my advice to fast-food purchasers:
    Sometimes saying "Thank you and have a nice day" (a habit acqured through the warping effect of years of CS work) to the person taking your order can make a world of difference. A little respect goes a long way. (I'm actually very polite to people who haven't done anything to me)

By Oops Lucy on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:13 pm:

oops.. tried to delete that last line, but Netscape wasn't having any of it.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:15 pm:

i agree with that, i highly respect people who take pride in their jobs regardless of pay, and when ever i see a particular employee of say a fast food joint, gas station, liquor store what have you, i try and be as friendly as possible. I know when i worked at Little Cesars for 2 years and later as a bagger for 2 months, I was very very appreciative of those who looked me in the face and said "thanks" or "have a good one" or whatever. That kind of feeling helped me chug through the remaining shift....

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:17 pm:

oooooooooh-------you were taking a chance!

Sorry ML, I'll try not to post something this disgusting around mealtime!

But I do have a question maybe you could help me with: I just sent a letter,[ regular size and weight], to Ontario. I put a $.33 stamp on it, it was returned to my mail box, with that annoying red stamp of the finger pointing,saying they needed $.15 more, so I stuck another $.33 stamp on it, and sent it off.How much do stamps cost up there? I'm assuming you live in Canada----you know
    Mapleleaf-----I hope I'm not being presumptious.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:25 pm:

the cost of stamp in canada is irrelavent. It's what the US Postal service charges......i send alot of shit to canada all the time, it's a pian in the ass. I have to put this decalration on anything over 1lb, it's costs extra money, presumably to cover the customs labor...if anything a US stamp is worth like 3 canadian stamps....as far as dollar amounts go

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:27 pm:

I meant J, ordering the snotburgers

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:34 pm:

Czarina...you are very perceptive....Yes I live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

To send a letter to USA it costs us a 54 cent stamp....but to purchase one it cost 60 cents as we have to pay a Goods and Services tax on it.

The cost of mailing something to Canada from US is the cost as set by the US Postal Service. US Postal is the one who put that sticker on your envelope as it would not have gotten to Canada.

And thanks for any future consideration around mealtime. Do you live in Louisiana? If so, where?

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:35 pm:

oh --er--yes, but, its probably best not to go to the post office and raise a "fuss", you know those postal workers can be "testy" at times, and well with the X-mas rush and all, this may not be the best time to annoy them.

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:38 pm:

Patrick...it is no different going the other way...when we send something to the States we must also 'declare' what is in the package. I often wonder if they realize there is an excessive amount of "Printed Material" going back and forth.

And leave our dollar alone....it has been bashed enough. :)

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:54 pm:

I,m always nice to everyone anywhere,even if possible more,when I have the misfortune of being in a hospital,God I kiss ass,cause I want to live.I always tip big,they remember you then,unless I get really bad service,I,ve done my share of dining and dashing too.Czarina lives in gator land,and all the residents supplement their meals with Road Kill Helper,but she,s from Arizona so she,s a stranger in a strange land.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

yeah leaf, we sure do have alot of "promotional material $0" going to canada as well

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:00 pm:

ML, yes I live in Lousiana, around a city called Lafayette, I'm about 2 hours from New Orleans, an hour from Baton Rouge and about 4 hours from Houston,Tex. I live in the heart of Cajun country. The Cajuns have a strong French influence,[but unfortunatly, a very small gene pool].But these suckers love to party, young and old alike, there is a festival every week-end,basically a big street dance, and everyone goes.Believe it or not,we actually have drive thru bars here!And if your'e in a resturant,[which I won't be for awhile!], and your'e not finished with your drink, you just ask for a go cup-------damnest thing I ever saw.I used to live in Oregon, and would take the ferry from Seattle, to Victoria, BC--------what a beautiful place. They had those guards, the ones with the big, furry black,hats, and they would march around all over the place, never showing emotion-----amazing, because I would try some pretty baazar antics, trying to get them to show some reaction, and they never did.

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

Cajuns are really misplaced Canadians...origins are in Quebec and Nova Scotia.

I go to New Orleans virtually every year to attend a conference....stay at the Marriott on Canal Street.....walk to Bourbon Street in 2 minutes... the French Quarter is something else...24 hour party....not much conferring gets done :)

Victoria is a beautiful city....did you see a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer in a turban?

By Crimson on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:34 pm:

more nifty fast-food stories:

when i worked at KFC (kentucky fucked chicken), some of the employees would hang around throwing the chicken nuggets on the floor to see who could make them bounce the farthest. it was a casual diversion. when a customer would come through & order some kentucky nuggets, guess what? they got 'em, all right--floor sweepings & all.

at another place i worked as a waitress, this guy would work up a nice sweat & then put hamburger patties under his armpits. the pit-burgers would get served to rude-ass customers.

you'd be surprised what sufficiently bored employees can drop into the french fry grease. fried semen. fried snot. fried toys from the kiddie meal packs. fried styrofoam. crispy, crunchy deep-fried vomit. tender, flaky southern-fried insects.

actually, MOST places i worked at actually were concerned w/ quality & cleanliness. but, as always, there are exceptions to everything. mom & pop joints can be kind of spooky sometimes. & the night crew is almost always more prone to gross behavior than the day shift.

i used to live near a pickle factory. there were frequent stories of workers who'd spit into the pickle brine. they also used to piss into it.

the advice to treat fast-food (or any) wait staff nicely is pretty wise. when i was working in fast food joints, i was cursed at, screamed at, threatened w/ assault, belittled & patronized--all very needlessly. at whatever job i do, even if it's menial, i bust my ass. i work hard. i'm efficient as hell, in fact, & i'm also extremely polite. i don't deserve that kind of hell & sure as fuck not for minimum wage.

i'll never forget this redneck who placed an order w/ me once. he had a cowering woman & child w/ him. he kept hitting them. he addressed her as "woman" & boasted to me that the bitch didn't speak, because he did all the speaking for her. he was nasty as hell. he was also a bit mush-mouthed. when i politely asked him to repeat his order, he yelled at me & called me a stupid whore. he said that no bitch would ever talk back to him. he said he was going to punch me & made a sudden, threatening move toward me. well, fuck the job. i took off my apron, jumped over the counter & told the motherfucker to come on. if he wanted a fight, i'd take him on right there in the store. i had no qualms about kicking his ass in front of his wife & kid.

but i didn't have to.

he immediately backed down. in fact, he was apologizing all over the place & walking away from me. but i didn't relent. i didn't stop until i'd thrown him out of the restaurant.

oh, yeah...one more thing. i waited on this redheaded woman once. she was totally filthy & had approximately four teeth in her head. she showed up topless in the drive-through. she had huge, huge tits. unforgettable tits that often resurface in my nightmares. a boy who was somewhere between 10 & 12 years old was blissfully sucking on one of her bare breasts the whole time she was in the drive-through. i took the order, calmly pretending that none of this was happening.

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:37 pm:

I do remember seeing mounted police, but was so intent on trying to get a reaction from the big, hairy, hat guys, I didn't notice what the others were wearing----do they have a name for those furry hats? { I must confess, my antics were somewhat Lucyesque, but damn, I couldn't help myself] They probably go home at the end of their shifts, and tell their wives about all the idiot tourists doing stupid stuff to get their attention.
    And your'e right, New Orleans defies description.Its something you just have to experience.And its like that 24 hours a day-----its an interesting lot that live there.

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

Oh Crimson, what baazar tales-------you should have dropped that
    foul mouthed bastard in the deep fryer, instead of just kicking him out.
    And I'm utterly speechless,[something that rarely happens to me], about the big busted redhead and her child/date/associate/john/driving partner?
    That must have been a strange day.

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

I waited on a man and wife once, the man told me I looked good enough to eat and then the asshole bit my arm,hard too,I threw a fit and got them kicked out.I was a good waitress too,people would wait to sit in my station,when they could have sat in another and not have to wait,but that,s why I,m glad I don,t have to put up with that crap anymore.Crimson...Jesus Christ,that woman and the kid,you should have got her license # and called the cops.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

Crimson, I do believe you will have given me nightmares tonight. Or something.

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:54 pm:

Those hats are called busbys....and they are made of bearskin.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 04:46 pm:

cajuns have a french influence cause the french "owned" that region until the third presidency..."voodo-ism" or whatever the proper term for that kind of practice is also prevalent because on the way to the new america the french colonized islands in the carribean and took slaves with them to land in the now gulf of mexico, that culture spilled over and now you hgave a weird fusion of american redneck, carribean and french....

crimson....you like living in arkansas? holy shit!

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 05:39 pm:

The Cajuns did migrate down from Nova Scotia, Quebec was involved, but also France, origanally they were the Acadians------which was shortened to Cajuns, it seems no one wanted this group and kept driving them out so they moved south, untill they had nowhere else to go,and settled on this swampland that no one wanted.-------Then one day they were out looking for food, and up from the ground came a bubbling crude!Sounds rather "Jed Clampettish", doesn't it, but its true. Now all the cities and towns around here are "twinning" with cities and towns from Canada and France, finding all sorts of long lost relatives.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 05:48 pm:

Nova Scotia? i could be wrong but it seems the orginal settlers to north america hit florida and central america first thery came straight from Portugal, france, Italy, Britain.............Lousiana Purchase?

By IrritatedLucy on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:13 pm:

"{ I must confess, my antics
    were somewhat Lucyesque, but damn, I couldn't
    help myself]"
    wtf?
    Why must you snipe at me?
    Have I ever done anything to you?
    Have I not just said that I am consistently polite to people who don't harass me?
    I simply don't tolerate being fucked with (and I did tolerate it the first time)
    I would never pull anything like your "antics".

JESUSHFUCKINGCHRISTDOESITNEVEREND???!!!

J- Holy shit! You should have had the fucker arrested for assault. (I probably would have decked him... it's self-defense, easy... then had him arrested)
    Did you at least make him pay for your Tetanus shot?

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:23 pm:

I was just thinking about the man that Crimson kicked out of her restaurant....do you think he might have felt the need to take out his bruised-male-ego-rage on his wife and kid? Those poor people.

I remember years ago seeing some talk show (Maury?) about a young man (last name of Janes, I remember) who killed his abusive step-father and was sent to prison with some long sentence...and then I think I heard recently that his appeals were successful and he was released. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Patrick: I think they're right. Further evidence is Acadia National Park in Maine...indirect evidence for the northern origin of the migration south.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:26 pm:

Crimson: was that your story w/the asshole smacking around his wife & kid.
    My mom's a social worker and I remember one time, some *bitch* was smacking the living shit out of her kid in the bathroom stall at a rest stop when we were on a long trip & my mom called Child Protective Services & the police, & they probably caught her.
    I'm not saying I expect you to do shit like that w/ no prior knowledge, my mom spent 6 yrs. in college being trained in what to do in situations like that.
    Hell, you could probably even get a conviction on the domestic violence thing, since you witnessed it (it's hard to get a victim to come forward) Anyway, it was probably a long time ago.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

alas, but did the kid suckling have his seat belt on, "maam i am gonna have to ask you to remove your son from your teat and step outta of the car..."

By heather on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

lucy phurre

i think she meant lucille ball

By Crimson on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:09 pm:

actually, both of those incidents--the redneck & the topless woman--are ancient history. the redneck thing happened over 15 years ago. the whole fast food discussion just brought it back up in my memory, that's all.

the titsuck kid wasn't wearing a seat belt. he was kinda craned over in some bizarre contortion across the seat. the woman was lovingly running her fingers through his hair.

i used to have drunks cruise through KFC & try to buy my clothing (i DID sell my snazzy little KFC hat to some weird mofo in the drive-through who offered me twenty bucks for it).

back when i worked for the clown (i.e., when i was employed at mcDonald's), we used to have stoned people come in all the time. one guy was on enough acid to fry an entire town. he kept staring at the happy meal display. he finally thrust his finger toward a tiny toy figure--the hamburgler--that came w/ the happy meals. "i want THAT one, man! i want the McFuckin' JAIL DUDE!" he was jumping up and down & flapping his arms, yelling about the McFuckin' jail dude. we almost never got him to leave. but i managed to sell him a styrofoam container simply because it was yellow.

patrick--arkansas is actually one of the more sane places i've lived. i've traveled the US fairly extensively...there are definitely weirdos here (including yrs truly). but there are a lot of very articulate, educated people here, too. there's also a fairly quirky underground scene (which seems to disappear at times & then re-emerge...right now, it's in a state of serious hibernation). it seems that in some other areas i've lived in, nobody was willing to get weird. they were offended by the slightest things. so boring. anyway, i actually freaked out a bit when i moved east for a while & found out that there are serious dipshits in new england & down the eastern seaboard. i mean, people out there were all hot to give me shit about being from AR, but i saw people in other states who scared the living crap out of me. the rednecks & morons are everywhere. they're not just southerners anymore.

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:26 pm:

Sorry Patrick......Czarina has the story on Cajuns right.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 08:26 pm:

"But it's yellow"
    LOL
    What a selling point.
    What a salesperson.

By Gee on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 03:14 am:

woohoo! I used to work at McDonald's too. Which makes me wonder, where the HECK are your people's managers?!?? My managers never would have let us pull crap like that. I hated that job and people treated me like dog poop, but I never did anything obscene to anyone's food. The worst I'd do was give someone fries when I knew they'd been sitting there longer than five minutes.

I can't think of any really bad customers (except for the Nugget Lady, but she was just rude) I actually had this one really nice customer. He would order a Flurry every time he came in. A coffee crisp flurry with hot fudge in it. My sister worked there too and he was her customer at first, but she showed me how to make his flurry perfectly and when she quit he became my customer. I still remember one time he was standing in my line and the girl next to me (who I didn't like) had no one in her line. She said to him "Can I help you?" and he said "No, I'm going to wait for her. She'll be mad at me if I don't." and I said "That's right!" He was a good guy.

I recently went back to the McDonald's I used to work at (it's across the street from my vet's office. our dog had a sparerib stuck on his tooth.) and it was weird. I was sad when I left.

I think my backache is lightening. It's been over five hours now. Singing seems to help!

By Czarina on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 05:51 pm:

Lucy Phurre, I mosy certainly didn't mean to offend you, I was talking about Lucille Ball, you see I have red hair, and somewhat of a wacky anything goes, type of personality, and just assumed,[wrongly], that all would know I was speaking of the wacky Lucy--------my apologies, CZ

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:58 am:

You are far more wacky than Lucy,Czarina,that,s why I love you.I heard Pumpkin called you,did she mention being "official white trash"? She,s fucking crazy,did she ever tell you about her beating up her poor mother in law after she had open heart surgery? I couldn,t belive it when she called me bragging about it.

By Czarina on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 11:17 am:

"J", I was gonna call you this am,[gotta run to my office real quick, and drop off some notes,then I'll call] It was the phone call from HELL!!!! I was on my way out the door to work, had just gotten a call from a client that couldn't control a dog I had sold her,so needed to go to Tex. and pick up said dog, S/O tells me he's got to go out of town for 2 weeks, my work schedule is VERY heavy during this said 2 weeks, its getting down in the 30's, I've got thousands of dollars worth of parrots outside,[tropical birds], and my babysitter is out of town. I was not in the best of moods!!!!!! She calls and tells me how much "better" she is since she started taking medications,"Remember how caustic I used to be?", she says to me, so I gently respond,"Well, kinda", knowing better than to antagonize her.Then I hear her YELL in the background,"I'M FUCKING LONG DISTANCE, SO SHUT UP AND WAIT TILL I GET THE FUCK OFF THE PHONE,ASSHOLE", so I could readily see how much better she is with her medications. So I ask her,[knowing full well that she is still mean as hell,cause I had just spoken to Brucifer in the last week or two],"Well,Punkin, how long have you been taking meds?" [I'm thinking like maybe a week or two], and she responds, " seven years now", so all I could say was ,"I'm glad they seem to be helping". I'm still afraid of her big old Frankenstein boots, and I'll just bet she's still got them! I'm gonna run to my office now, and I'll call when I get back.

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 11:32 am:

She,s afraid of me,Janny don,t put up with that shit.Yea call me ,or post when you are back,and I,ll call you,been meaning to anyway.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:21 pm:

Sorry I jumped on you, CZ... I'm feeling a bit hunted lately.

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:19 pm:

CZ,it soundslike you are ready to stress out,I,d offer you some meds,but I know you can get your hands on better stuff than I have:)

By Czarina on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 09:05 pm:

"J", its 8:00pm here now, so its 6:00pm your time, let me get my monsters settled down, so i can have some peace of mind, and then we can really chat. I'll check back here, to see if you've posted, and will plan to call you around 8:30pm your time.Looking forward to hearing your endearing chuckle,CZ

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact