grocery lists

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: grocery lists
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 03:29 am:

sunday night shopping:

eggs
    yeast
    cat food
    sprouts
    aluminum foil
    perrier
    butter

By Hal on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 10:15 am:

I just had sprouts for dinner last night...

The only thing I bought to day was a Mt. Dew...

...but it was good.

By Jusmiceelf on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 10:22 am:

I just want to know...is the butter for the cat food or the aluminum foil?

By agatha on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:20 am:

last night i purchased, fake canadian bacon, two kaiser rolls, sharp cheddar cheese, two packages of strawberries, and an orange. this morning i made cleo a smoothie for breakfast.

By TBone on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:48 am:

last week's shopping list:

Butane
    Milk
    Bricks
    Dish Towels
    Potholders
    Parrafin Wax
    Cheese

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:07 pm:

uh

dope
    soy delicious icecream cookie things
    beer

oh yeah, tonight is WCW. so:
    porterhouse steaks
    sourdough bread
    mushrooms

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 01:32 am:

roses

cobalt blue votive candle holders

eight hour votives

shrimp platter for six from Red Lobster

sandalwood creme

dragon's blood

four blue feathers from a heron

tickets for Hawaii at Christmas

By Nate on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 11:04 am:

also got new red potatoes last night.

oh, and didn't watch WCW. but the playboy with the chyna spread came.

chyna has man-ass.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 11:06 am:

Did you know that the Playboy Bunny outfit is the only service uniform to have recieved a patent from the US Patent Office?

By drooopy on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

one bourbon

one scotch

one beer

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

pears
    vegan chocolate
    pasta
    garlic

that's todays list. I have a lot of groceries right now. I don't want to buy more, in case I get the house. I find out tommorrow. Sorabjiites, now and in the hour of my sin, pray for me.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 02:08 pm:

You didn't miss much on WCW, although the bit where Beetlejuice (from Howard Stern) grabbed Jeff Jarrett's balls was superb.

Pretty crappy night for wrasslin' all around.
    The Dudleys didn't even bring out a table.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:16 pm:

pasta often times is made with eggs and/or milk.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

chinatown:

chicken livers
    red bell peppers
    green onion
    daichon
    green tea
    dried mushrooms
    canned squid

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 04:50 pm:

Um...thank you? Except I have nothing to thank you for, because I took that as kind of an insult. I'm not a bloody idiot for chrissakes.

By cyst on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 09:53 pm:

today I bought a pound of jamon serrano ($19.99) and two boxes of italian breadsticks ($2.19 each)

I also bought half a pound of green beans (75 cents), which I ate raw. I also had most of a disappointing tomato that cost way too much ($2.99 a pound). and a good fresh roll for 70 cents.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

polished mahogany

slender tapers

hair all tangled

two dozen children yelling mommy

slow jazz

butterfly slabs of purpleheart

a feather file for my dozuki

someone to make dust with

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

Three quarters of a ton of tumbled bluestone

two yards of stone dust

White Teeth

The new Armistead Maupin

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:52 pm:

Wanting the new house, so I can buy the accesories to make my hole as sterile as possible. I hate the dust in this dump.

By Danielsssstone on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 01:04 am:

if you find a source for holy bluestone, let me know. thanks. I can send plenty of dust to anyone who asks. I need about 24 tons of limestone boulders for new walls. Don't send UPS Collect.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

balloons
    party hats
    party horns
    streamers
    gin
    vodka
    vermouth
    cranberry juice
    lime juice
    triple sec
    bags of ice
    meats for bbq

By Nate on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 04:51 pm:

"so I can buy the accesories to make my hole as sterile as possible"

please send before/after photos of your hole.

thanks.

By Cat on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 05:35 pm:

I thought you'd already seen at least one of J's holes, Nate? You are such a greedy boy.

By J on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 06:43 pm:

No holes,just ass.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 08:17 pm:

i want some ass

By Nate on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 08:31 pm:

$320/oz

By Cat on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 08:39 pm:

Is that for the good quality imported shit?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 09:25 pm:

the best is 100% USA domestic mountain grown ass. i only deal in the best.

By Isolde on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 09:37 pm:

I"m mountain grown. But I don't think my grade is 100%.

By sarah on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 05:00 am:

i met a boy in the grocery store tonight. Shawn. he said something about my ass in the first 2 minutes of conversation. i don't even have a good ass. trust me, it's not even nice to look at naked. i have a big detroit booty. it's not a wide ass, but it's definitely Out There. we're talking *major* back. i was in my sweaty work-out gear, shivering in the cold section, having just come from the gym. he said, "you're either down with the buns of steel tape or it's the soul food." both, i replied, laughing, blushing, covering my face with my hands. "don't be shy," he said.

i'm ready to accept that my butt is a force of nature to be reckoned with, which is why i wasn't even put off by his silly fixation. i thought it was funny and i just couldn't stop laughing. if i had a dollar for every time someone has said something about my ass, i'd be retired and sipping rum drinks in the carribean.

my big fat ugly booty. probably the least attractive thing about my physique. hrm.

i don't think he's actually going to call, though he did get my number, and yes, i did give it to him, because why not. getting picked up in the grocery store is just too obvious.

he left and i was still lingering in the vegetable section, and a guy in clean surgeon's scrubs started hitting on me too. fuckin' weird. i go to the grocery store all the time looking like Maghar the Moth Ball Queen and typically i can move through the ailes with little or no attention at all.

should check my horrorscope.

i bought:

steak
    pork tenderloins
    2 carrots
    big island sprouts
    gin
    raspberry stolis
    extra dry vermouth
    a bottle of really good champagne
    a bottle of really good red zin
    cranberry juice
    cranberry sauce
    soda water
    tofu poke
    cottage cheese
    sliced deli turkey
    milk
    buttermilk (for droopy's cake recipe)
    guiness (ditto)
    blackberries (ditto)

By grandpa dolemite on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 11:33 am:

short chicks with big butts.

right on.

By semillama on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:39 pm:

* in a voice reminiscent of "Macho Man" Randy Savage*

Ain't nothing wrong with some fine big Detroit booty, oh yeah!

By Nate on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

i find that the chicks with the greatest asses think they have big ugly butts.

maybe it's my taste in ass.

i touched one this morning.

not my own either.

it was nice.

nice ass.

By Kalli on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

I always hated my ass. I mean really. My family seems to have an inherent bubble butt syndrome. In high school, some of the girls I hung out with, (who were also black) told me I had a black ass.

I was never able to take it as a compliment til recently. Only in the past two years have I started to wear clothes that cling. Before I used to wear clothes 2 sizes to big for me just so I could hide my body.

I rubbed my own booty this morning.

Doubt it was as nice tho.

By sarah on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

who you callin' short?

you better watch out... being lower to the ground means a more advantageous center of gravity, anchored by the big fat butt. AND i can do the triangle push-ups now.

a LOT of them.

so step back. beware the short chicks.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

RAH!
    Beware the short! I love being two inches over the height of a legal midget!

By Czarina on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 03:11 pm:

Well,I'm short,too.But a force to be reckoned with.Never under estimate petite women.

and I think the bubble butt syndrome stems from the Hotentot tribe.[Sem could probably help me here,with the genetics]

By grandpa dolemite on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

i can do 40 diamonds, pick your li'l bubble-butt six feet off the ground, then drop-kick your ass into the endzone without even breaking a sweat.

bring the noise, puss-dumpling.

you ain't ready for this.

By pez on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

i wish i had more butt. then i could sit comfortably on bleachers without a cushion.

i'll be happy with what i have, instead.

By Kalli on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 04:43 pm:

whats the legal height of a midget?

and can i just tell you how happy i am that it's socially acceptable to wear platform shoes again?

By sarah on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

trust me, my podling, i'm ready. you've seen the photos. that's all i got to say about that.

btw, nate? it's definitely your taste in ass.

By Nate on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 05:05 pm:

maybe so.

but find me a chick who thinks she has a great ass.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 05:08 pm:

4'10"

My ass is perfectly acceptable to me. It's everyone else who has a problem with it.
    I got more Smints today, anyone who didn't get any the last time around, type me again!

By Kaliiiiisto on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 06:30 pm:

i like my ass now.

i even went and bought meself a lil leathah skirt so i can scare the freshmen tonight.

By TBone on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 06:42 pm:

Hmm. I'm too tall. I must be an illegal midget.

Why is there a "legal" midget cutoff? Are there tax benefits?

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 06:57 pm:

disability benefits.

By TBone on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

oh, right.
    Forgot about that. Oops.

I have a friend who's pretty close.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 07:32 pm:

Yup. It would be pretty cool.
    Of course, it would be lame to waste money on someone who was four foot ten when there are people with actual medical problems who need disabilty money. But I would love to be able to know that I _could_ get disability for being short.

By TBone on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

Short people got no reason...
    Short people got no reason...
    Short people got no reason to live...
    They got... little hands, little eyes.
    They walk around tellin' great big lies...

By sarah on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 08:34 pm:

i swear to god what the fuck is going on.

one hour ago: i'm standing on the corner in front of Heidi's Downtown Bistro waiting for my friend to meet me for lunch. three guys are walking down the street. one local poi dog, one haole guy, one black guy - a wandering benetton ad. you know which one i notice. he makes eye contact with me. we smile. they keep walking. he looks back. more smiles. keep walking, farther away. one more smile. then i get embarrassed and turn the other way. a few moments later i hear "hello" in my ear. and he's standing next to me.

i turn around, and the two guys he was with are all the way down at the end of block sitting on a bench, waiting for him and watching. the talk is small and to the point. his name is Ron, he works behind the building where i'm about to have lunch.

yes, i gave him my business card. and yes, we agreed it was totally cheesy.

he did not say anything about my butt, but he did look at it, openly.

anyone got the libra horoscope this week? shit like this never happens to me. but twice in two days? preposterous.

it must be because i'm turning 30 in less than a week. that's the only thing i can think of.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 08:36 pm:

Yay Sarah!
    Good luck?
    Ron, hunh? I've never met anyone in real life who's named Ron. I thought Ron was kind of a fictional name, you know, the kind of name you hear about but never actually encounter...

By Isolde on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 08:38 pm:

Oh, and...
    Libra: (Sept. 23--Oct. 23)
    Your plan to commit the perfect crime is flawed in one important aspect: Sitting on the couch watching football all weekend is not illegal.
    Courtesy of The Onion.

By moonit on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

My cousin goes out with a Ron. He looks like
    Charles Manson.

He's in his 30's, shes 20.

Coming up to Christmas last year my aunt is
    doing the count on who is coming to lunch. I
    pipe up and ask if Ron will be sitting at the
    kids table or with the grown-ups.

She tried to be angry but ended up laughing

By pez on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 03:08 am:

aquarius: (jan. 20--feb. 18)
    you will score a ton of free advertising when your prostitution bust is exposed on the local community channel.

i'm probably around a foot and a half taller than you, isolde, when i'm wearing my boykiller shoes.

one of the disadvantages of being so very tall. short skirts end up being extremely short. as in you have to be careful in what undies you wear...sigh.

someday, just someday, i'd love to be able to walk into an ordinary store, and be able to buy an ordinary pair of pants, and have them cover my ankles without any mishaps.

it's a pipe dream.

By sarah on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 04:40 pm:

this morning before going to the office i baked a chocolate fudge walnut brownie cake with blackberry creamcheese frosting. it's for a girl at my office, it's her birthday today.

i'm not going to eat any though. i'm rocking this weekend and gotta save up for the sloth and gluttony coming up all next week.

By sarah on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 04:42 pm:

i told lavernis last night that he was shit out of luck, that i had two beautiful black men hit on me in less than 24 hours.

you know why? he asked me.

no, why.

because you have a black butt, he informed me.

that will be one dollar, please.

By Nate on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 05:13 pm:

you sexy bitch. may you never lack beautiful black men.

By sarah on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

oh nate. i love you. you've made my day.

By sarah on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 09:00 pm:

Ron just called. i thought it was going to be Kevin, so i didn't answer.

Ron! what a weird name.

i'm going to Indigo for a martini. maybe he will come with me.

By Kalli on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

sarah, you have to be one of my favorites on here.

(Nate sucks, and I've already seen pictures of Patrick's weenie)

I was talking to someone (don't remember who) about dating people "outside-your-race". I realized I've never dated anyone black before. I've dated a guy who came over from Germany, and a guy who came over from Italy...but most of my boyfriends have been total white-bread.

So I was trying to figure out why. Because it's not like I don't find black men attractive. I've seen many good looking black guys.

Maybe it's just that I haven't found enough emotionally in common with the ones I find attractive physically. Then that gets me into the whole "I'm in the South" thing where everyone is seperated. I mean, growing up in New England, I had lots of friends with different colored skin than me. It didn't matter. We were all pretty much on the same level. We were all middle class, educated...blah blah blah.

And then I move to South Carolina, and then to Virginia, and I find that there's so much seperation. Economically, most of the blacks around here are in the lower class category. A lot of them don't get out of high school. I'm not saying all of them. My college has a very high black student population. There's just a hell of a lot more seperation between races down here than I experienced up north.

God, this is such a hard topic to write about because you're always afraid you're going to offend someone. It really shouldn't be so hard to talk/write about. That's how we work through racial issues right? And yet, even as I'm writing this, I'm trying to be completely careful what words I use....but I know someone's probably gonna get pissed at me anyway.

It just shouldn't be like this.

Anyway, soapbox. But my point is, I'd date a black guy if I met one I clicked with. So far tho, on the romance base, it hasn't happened yet.

By Kalli on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

You realize that whole rant stemmed from me talking about my behind right?

By Nate on Saturday, October 7, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

and you realize that on a topic titled "Grocery lists" the discussion is about ass and black men?

By pez on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 03:08 am:

this is the way it goes.

By Kalli on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 09:11 pm:

i wouldn't expect any less from the likes of you people.

By Tired on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 09:40 pm:

another week of hell, this time with an audience, starting in t minus 5 hours, 13 minutes, 20 seconds. . .

By moonit on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 10:26 pm:

ha. i find that so funny. 'outside your race'.

I always tick 'other' on forms and write New
    Zealander.

Cause surely if you've emigrated or grown up
    somewhere that makes you a wherever-er, or
    a whereever-ise.

By Isolde on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 11:09 pm:

I tick "other," also. Once they called me and asked me about it. I hung up.

By sarah on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 11:15 pm:

thanks Kalliope :) you rock the boards, girl.

so here's the deal. every sentence below should be prefaced with the phrase "in sarah's experience", so that nobody thinks that i'm generalizing to the entire population.

this is a really difficult thing to articulate, but i find that men of ethnicity, whether it's black or local guys, have a deeper level of what i'll call soulfulness in their existence than most of the caucasian men i've ever known and/or dated, or as i fondly refer to them as Stiff White Guys. IN MY EXPERIENCE, i've found that men of ethnicity are more loyal, more grounded, more respectful, more interesting, more varied; they understand family, the importance and soulfulness of family; their friendships are deeper; they are more emotive, passionate, artistic, open minded.

it's not that i haven't met white guys like this as well, they are just fewer and farther between. and if they do have all of those qualities, i find that, in spite of that, they still tend to be flakier overall. that might be because for a long time i was sucked into the whole neo hippie thing. it was good for me, for a while. lots of white kids who had a sense of spirit, spirituality, meaning, connectedness, some who even had a lot of soulfulness.

also, a lot of flakes.

the reason i'm attracted to local guys and black guys *generally speaking* is because, in a sense, i think i'm trying to make up for everything that i lacked in my own family, in my own experience growing up. i grew up in a white family in a lower middle class neighborhood in detroit. i saw big, strong families all around me, but didn't have one of my own. my parents were both several times married and divorced. people who said that they loved me or said that i was family to them came and went and came and went again. there was no groundedness, no loyalty, no such thing as Family Tradition. no markings of any of the binds of the families around me.

many of my childhood memories are of television commercials, babysitters, frozen dinners.

no more of that, man! no more, never again. i want my life to be a soulful experience. i want my relationships to be a soulful experience.

i live in a very local poi dog mixed neighborhood in honolulu. on sunday evenings (they'll be coming around any minute now...) my neighbors and i all visit each other, share food from our gardens, we all know each others' pets names. the kids and grandkids of the folks across the street live only a few houses away, and the kids come over and swing in the hammock that hangs from the mango tree in my front yard; they chase my cats around and i make them muffins. when they come around selling huli huli chicken and candy and girl scout cookies to raise money for school programs and whatnot, i always buy. the elderly japanese man down the street calls me Mrs. Haole and sometimes makes small bonzai arrangements and brings them over. the local chinese lady up the street comes over every once in a while to pick the plumerias from my tree to make leis, because her daughter takes hula.

i have a feeling if i lived in the richer, whiter neighborhoods out in hawaii kai where there are walls around most people's homes and they drive mercedes and bmw's, sundays wouldn't be as much fun. maybe they would, but i doubt it.

so what i'm saying is that, no matter what the *color of the skin* or brand of ethnicity i am attracted to anything that exudes that kind of soulfulness.

the stiff white guys can keep their golf clubs and country clubs and their girlfriends with acryllic nails and hairdos and tennis bracelets or whatever else they think is important.

to me there is more to wealth than money. we all need money, but even if you're not wealthy you can still live a life rich in soulfulness. of course, both would be ideal, but again... if i had to choose, i'd choose soul.

i could only be so lucky someday to deserve to make a family with someone who gets that and wants to cultivate that soulfulness with me.

i hope i don't sound prejudiced, but maybe i do, and maybe i am. i hope i'm not. i give everyone a fair chance, at least i'd like to believe that. i hope i haven't made any Stiff White Guys angry. i love you all, i really do. i just don't want to date you. k? mmmmwah.

By sarah on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 11:24 pm:

today on my way home from the gym i bought at the farmers market:

two red bell peppers $.75
    chinese parsley $.25
    a bag of purple japanese eggplants $1.00
    a tomato $.25
    a red onion $.69/pound
    a bag of yellow onions $1.00
    two oranges $.75
    romain lettuce $.75
    four lemons $1.00
    four limes $.80

By sarah on Sunday, October 8, 2000 - 11:30 pm:

btw, the milk drinker was a very nice person and we are still friends, but in the end he really was a stiff white guy.

By pez on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 02:50 am:

today, for lunch i bought sea eel sushi. it's good stuff. my coworkers thought i was crazy, but i think the novelty was better than the food itself. didn't taste too exotic to me. on the other hand, i fully enjoyed the dab of wasabi and the pickled ginger that was included.

By Kalliope on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 10:46 am:

See, now that's what I want someday. I want to be able to stop moving, to curl up in a little house, and have a community around me. That sounds so absolutely perfect Sarah.

I sort of have it now. Sort of. I live in this apartment complex that takes up the entire block of the street we're on. It isn't actually a whole building...it's divided into sections. There's four teeensy little apartments per section. And we're all friends. (Well most of us--I have rednecks directly next door to me.) We go out to dinner together....6-10 of us at a time. We sit on the back porches drinking beer and laughing at everything. When something's wrong, I know I always have someone's shoulder I can go cry on. We take care of eachother's animals. Pretty neat for being in an apartment--just a sign of transit.

I even have this 80 year old neighbor who sings me Johnny Cash songs and sticks my name into it whenever he possibly can.

But I'm nowhere near ready to settle yet. I'm trying to talk Clinton to follow his juggling partner to San Francisco in January. So I can tag along. Or Las Vegas. Or Boulder.

I just wanna go somewhere.

I think when I finally settle down though--when I finally become that person who is content to be away from the city (and I know it'll happen some day) I wanna go to Vermont again. Own a farm, have a huge Great Dane, go skiing after work.

Fantasies, even if they're just little things, have this incredible ability to make me smile when I think about them.

I'm not gonna talk about the racial issue anymore because I'm a coward and can't. Because I know if I missuse my words...they get jumped on. Like above in moonit and isolde's posts. Not saying there's anything personal there..but that was exactly the point I was trying to make. It's so hard to talk about subjects like that, because someone will always read something into the language you use.

But I guess that point was missed in favor of commenting on the language.

I see your point about wanting men with soul. I have such a hard time not getting tired of the white-bread boys I've sometimes dated. For the past couple of years I've been on this artistic kick- i.e. (in most cases--there have been exceptions--and those are the ones that end up in my head instead) emotional boys who are easy to stomp. They're real interesting in the beggining. Deep. Into life. Whatnot. But then there's this pattern...a depression..a bad history. And I think that's why so many young'uns become artists. To release pain from something before. I know it's why I went into writing. Thing is, and this is the kick, there's so few who are actually able to use their talent for that. The ones who actually can take their emotion and give it a solid form--so that when you look at it, read it, touch it, you can feel that.....well that's what makes an artist good in my opinion.

But again, I digress.

I have this habit of wanting to dominate the person I'm with--so maybe that's why I date white-bread-wussies. Clinton is the first one I've dated that I've never actually had the desire to change--even subconciously. (Although I reaaaaaalllly wish he'd shave those muttonchops off again) Actually, yesterday, he had a show at the Children's Festival. (He juggles, eats fire...etc. etc.) And I was watching him and I was thinking...

God damn.
    I'm proud that I love that man and he loves me.

When normally I might be like, "Oh, yea I love him, but shhhhhh.

Soul isn't just a skin color thing I don't think. I think it's being in touch with one another and the world around you and the things you hold important. It's true. Not fake.

I laughed when you mentioned the hippy kids. I used to live with this 40-something year old woman who practiced Reiki and lived in "perfect harmony" with the world around her. The whole town was flooded with patchouli. It made me sick.
    In trying to be so open minded--that whole metaphysical scene sometimes tends to be just as cheese. But I've seen it go the other way too.

My god. I just rambled.

Sorry.

By Kall on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 10:47 am:

but it was kinda like a mental grocery list....

uherm

By Isolde on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 11:02 am:

I have a little community starting here. We're like a family, six or seven of us, and we do a lot together, eat at each other's houses, watch movies, etc.

By moonit on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 02:43 pm:

kalli - I didnt think I jumped. And I must of
    rewritten that post about four times till I got it to
    sound non-offensive.

stupid huh.

By agatha on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 03:22 pm:

i don't think you jumped, either, moonie. people take things how they take them, regardless.

By Isolde on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 04:04 pm:

Yea, I didn't think I jumped either. In fact, if anything, it was a digression from the conversation, since I was discussing how I don't agree with the constant need to put people in racial boxes...
    You _so_ didn't jump, moonie.

By moonit on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

*wiping brow*

yay.

Isolde any kiwi candy yet?

I don't like to argue or be involved in
    confrontation things.

By Kalli on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 05:12 pm:

I wasn't being confronational in the slightest. So really, there's no need to get too offended about it.....but out of that entire little ramble..that's what gets picked up on...and the fact that you rewrote it four times, sort of proves my point.

Whatever my point was...

I've forgotten it now.

It's fall and cold outside and I

couldn't

be

happier.

By Nate on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 05:56 pm:

you all fucking suck.

By patrick on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 06:10 pm:

you bet pal!

yeah i suck, i suck real hard, real good.

im the suckiest suck to ever walk this suckland with you suckfaces.

i suck so good, peeps want to pay me to suck.

considering im such a sucker i never take em up on it

complimentary sucks

but yeah

your right

i suck real bad

By Isolde on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 06:47 pm:

I suck better than all of you.
    No, no kiwi candy...There were icicles outside my door this morning! I was tempted to put them in housemate's bed.

By Kalliope on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 09:43 pm:

I have to agree with Nate's assement of the situation.

You are all a bunch of suckmonkeys sucking the suck right out of suck. You suck so bad that you can't even suck. I suck so much that I can't even write anything witty about suck and it sucks.

Hey Nate, didja direct that at me?

Well fuck you baby.

By moonit on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 11:09 pm:

I don't like to argue or be involved in
    confrontation things.*

This was a general statement about me and
    not directed at anyone or saying anything
    about any comment being this way.

man. tough crowd.

suckwits

By J on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 01:55 am:

I've noticed that about you Moonit,one of the things I like about you.Sometimes we just read things wrong,I've done it too,huh Swine:)Peace and Love.

By pez on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 02:15 am:

a comment made to a trumpet player at a jazz camp in hawaii: "my, you play with a powerful vacumn."

and the reply: "thanks."

ever proving the superiority of flutes over trumpets.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 11:27 am:

Nah. Flutes and trumpets are equal, in my mind. I'm not much of a wind person.
    Everyone misreads things.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 11:57 am:

not being a wind person, how could we possible credit you with being able to suck and suck well?

every good sucker knows the value of wind in the suck

By sarah on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 02:09 pm:

i had lunch with the Ron yesterday. he brought me a flower. it was fun, he is a really sweet guy. but he lives way on the other side of the island. maybe he will call again, i'd like to get to know him better. he makes me a little nervous, but not in a bad way.

he kisses good though. that's a plus.

the booty guy called, but he was too creepy.

tomorrow is a big day. i'm sure there will be a big grocery list coming up.

i definitely don't suck. well, at least not lately. but i'm seeing someone about it, so it'll be all right.

By pez on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

a trumpet has valves, so the air only comes out through the bell. it is nearly impossible to create any suction while playing the flute. (1) it has keys where air exits, and (2) playing the flute is similar to blowing a bottle.

naaa...i'll post my full explanation of the flute some other time...it'll be fun.

By TBone on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 06:52 pm:

I played the trumpet years ago. Then I found out I was MUCH better at hitting things.

Not to say I'm GOOD at hitting things, just better.

My mother was talked into playing the Trombone when she was young, but all she wanted to play was the flute.

By moonit on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 08:38 pm:

everytime i see the name ron i get

'a do ron ron ron a do ron ron'

stuck in my head.

thanks j ; )
    comes from growing up with mrs
    pick-a-fight-over-anything, and various men
    she's shacked up with over the years

By pez on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 01:07 am:

hitting things?

how do you get a drummer off your doorstep?

By patrick on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 11:26 am:

get some bongos and play really really badly

By pez on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 12:56 pm:

pay for the pizza!

By sarah on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

ice
    bananas
    nuts
    strawberries
    whipped cream
    beer
    triple sec
    film
    sushi platter
    beef ribs

ROCK N ROLL HOOCHIE COOOOOOOOOOO

By Nate on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

beef ribs?

man.

pork ribs. pork ribs.

that's where it is at.

By J on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 05:17 pm:

Has anybody ever ate dry ribs?Where they use alot of spices instead of sauce?Those are sooo good.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 05:28 pm:

i have issues with eating ribs!

By Nate on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 05:56 pm:

what are your issues with eating ribs!

By Cat on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

I had some yummy scrummy pigs bummy ribs ages ago that had a marinade containing Coca Cola.

Has anybody heard of that recipe or am I just making it up in my pretty little head?

By patrick on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 06:49 pm:

i just don't like eating food off a bone.....if i don't have too. it seems terribly barbaric.

now before you open pandora's box on my processed ass, just accept that i have an issue....thats all...

put alongside my girl fart issues too....

i have heard of recipes that use cock..er coke...

i'm not surprised. beer, whisky, sherry, these are all used to make marinades.

one of my most favorite oddball marinade/sauces is mole' which has a chocolate base....you would never know it...but damn if its not good on some chicken enchiladas

By Nate on Wednesday, October 11, 2000 - 07:57 pm:

when we went camping in highschool we'd always eat ribs like animals. ripping the flesh and tossing the bones over our shoulders.

good times.

we'd also summon drunk bikers to our camp site by tossing stolen chem-lab chemicals into the camp fire.

By sarah on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

when my friend took me out for prime rib lunch a couple days ago he called me Saber Tooth Girl. i had meat juice dripping down my chin. how's that for barbaric. yeah. eating meat off the bone...

ahem.

By Nate on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

if you said the phrases "meat juice down my chin" and "eating meat off the bone" to me in person i'd probably gain an erection.

By sarah on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

duly noted.

By patrick on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

i'd probably vomit

issue #437

references to genitalia as meat products

By Nate on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 07:21 pm:

pussysteak.

NO YOU ARE.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 12, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

I'd give you an odd look and clutch my bag of baby carrots closer.

By pez on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 01:28 am:

all praise the baby carrot! (i went to red robin with my sister, parents, grandparents and for a second considered ordering a steak. but then i thought, "naaaah...i won't enjoy it very much and then i'll worry about what i'd done"...so i ordered a gardenburger instead.)

By Gee on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 01:39 pm:

I am instantly attracted to anyone named Ron.

they're manipulative. sometimes in a good way, and sometimes not.

I stereotype based on names.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

I do it too. I feel terrible doing it, though. When I think of Patrick, I think of a tall skinny guy with lots of ends sticking out who somehow manages to look good in drag.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 03:16 pm:

i've never been in drag, and im not sure what you mean by "ends sticking out" ...i suppose im pretty penis-centric, body langauge anyway.....and i do have knuckles that drag the concrete...so....

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

Exactly. Just like all the parts of the Patrick don't fit together.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

they don't isolde

my cock belongs to a Clydesdale

my arms belong to an orangutan (spell?)

my legs belong on a gazelle

and my head belongs in a jar, on top of the washington monument, ruling all of you fucks

By sarah on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

i sorta miss the whiny, defensive patrick who wrote using a lot of ellipses. what have you done with him?

By patrick on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 06:29 pm:

he left with Lucy....

i've gotten more relaxed and have attempted be less judgemental over the last year.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 06:38 pm:

*smile*
    Well, Patrick...you see what I mean. Disporportion is everything.

By Gee on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 03:11 pm:

"ellipses"is a cool word.

By Isolde... on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

It is...people should use them...more often.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 05:54 pm:

fuck you... you ass.

By pez on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:13 am:

at the bookstore:
    1 scantron
    1 3.5" disc case

at freddy's:
    1 hawaiian ken
    1 pkg ken shoes
    2 pkgs mini egg rolls
    1 cherry coke
    1 cosmo

at safeway:
    1 squirt gun
    1 box kitten chow
    1 welch's grape soda
    1 pint chocolate mint ice cream
    1 pkg of small matchboxes

By semillama on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 12:41 pm:

I recently bottle a bottle of catnip-scented bubble liquid. Only one cat seems to get it, the others are afraid of the bubbles.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:04 pm:

half-and-half
    skim milk
    eggs
    kosher soup tubes ($0.89 each and they're good for 2 meals)
    tea biscuits
    tea (earl grey, decaf)
    cocoa
    marshmallows (why do we say "marshmellows"? or is it just me?)
    flowers
    peaches
    edy's frozen strawberry popsicles (where oh where are the jello pudding pops? have they been discontinued?)
    napkins

an alarm clock that doesn't scare me to death when it buzzes
    a long screw that can fit into the hole in the vacuum cleaner
    a floor-length mirror
    tea candles

By patrick on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

did you move out Rhiannon? you are in DC now right? what are doing, whats new?
    I was always under the impression you lived with your folks, wait, you graduated this past June right?

what are you up to?

By Kalliope on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

i had a bagel and cream cheese and some nasty ass caramel coffee for breakfast.

i always forget to have lunch and then wonder why im imbalanced later in the day...

stresssssssssssssssss

By Isolde on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:03 pm:

Orange inhaler!
    Orange.
    New. Flovent. Very excting.
    Orange.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:34 pm:

Whoa.

Yeah, I moved out at the end of August. I live outside of DC (Greenbelt). I work outside of DC (Bethesda).

My job is new. My apartment's new. My bed is new. My desk is new. Some of my clothes are new, but not my shoes. My life is new.

My job position is new. Because of this, I frequently find myself with nothing to do here. Like right now. But when I am working, I like it. I really like the people I work with.

I've decided I don't want to go into library science, though. I'm thinking of an MS/MA in pastoral counseling. Loyola U. in upper Maryland has one of the best pastoral counseling programs in the country. I was checking out their courses during one of my free moments...one class' final paper is a spiritual autobiography. Is that not cool?

My dad's coming to visit me this weekend. He seems excited to see me. When I gave him suggestions for things for us to do, he told me he didn't want to do too much because he wanted to save things for the next time he came to see me. **The next time he came to see me.** This from the man who, when I first moved out, claimed he wasn't going to visit me at all. I'm so happy about this.

What's new with you, Patrick?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:35 pm:

Is something wrong with the clock on this thing? My computer clock *and* my desk clock say it's 2:45.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

The clock on this thing is set up to drive anyone who tries to understand it insane. I've just given up. My clock at the moment says 2:58.

By Kalli on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

Heh. Sem you're not to far from me. (I'm in Richmond) Happy there's other east-costy types here. Yay.

By Tired on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

I had chocolahate graham crahackers.

it's easy to make jello pudding pops.

they make plastic thingamabobs into which you pour the pudding. these then go in the freezer.

run them under warm water to take the plastic thing off.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

You mean me, Kalli?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

And where's Patrick? I want to hear from him!

By semillama on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 04:33 pm:

I'm far from everybody.

Patrick around, don't worry. There are a few missing but we're mostly all here.

By Cat on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

Quit your bitchin' Dirt Boy. I have to go 7,000 miles to the closest Barnes and Noble.

Now that's a knife!

(p.s. Give Mavis a big wet one for me, I miss her zappy posts)

By patrick on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

here i am, since the buses and subways are free, we ventured down to the tommy burger for lunch

let see rhi....

i've been super friggin busy

im in the middle of shooting a local rag cover, a couple and their newborn, they are tattooed and pierced, naturally she has boobies of amazing proportions and they want some au naturel "family" shots with the baby...

...im also putting together a series for a gallery show in Jan.

Im going to NYC next week for business

my parents are coming in the day after i get back, it will be my birthday, they have never been to LA before....then im going to Vegas Dec 1st to meet up with her folks...life is busy...

nico and i are well, she's desperate for a new job, she has an offer from Dillards, but we would have to move to Little Rock which is far from our cup of tea.

we need new furniture and a new place to live, we are about over flow..and my evil cats have destroyed my couch..still working out of my studio which i thoroughly love...it's my getaway....

i thinks thats about it....

i hope DC is serving you well, I always had fun there, one of my favorite places to go there is Politics and Prose coffee, samich shop off Connecticut Ave. near the zoo, if i recall...

have you been up to Silver Springs to Vinyl Ink Records? It's one of the best record shops in town, they have a lot of collectables, priced for the dork collectors, but its still a great place to go.

you can exit the Silver Springs station and walk to it....

By Isolde on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 05:51 pm:

That sounds neat...what rag? Little Rock? Not a goodness.

By patrick on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

i dunno a friend of mine is starting some little rag she's doing called Red Hot Mama or somethign like that....the first issue is some sort of Valley of the Dolls-esq edition....i dunno, i just some weird distorted close ups of this drugged out chick with pills comin out her mouth...it's cool, cause I'm gettin paid and i get ad space

By Isolde on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 06:05 pm:

That's always a good thing...

By sarah on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 08:43 pm:

i ate another bag of brach's chocolate trail mix and a JUMBO COFFEE for breakfast.

oh, and two chicken breasts, three pork ribs, a cup of bean soup, and an orange.

for lunch i had beef, broccoli and salmon salad, green salad, and roasted vegetables.

i am stuffed.

By Nate on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 09:28 pm:

i had maguro, unagi and something called "santa clara roll".

that being kani and spicy sauce rolled with the rice outside and then deep fried.

goddamn, if that doesn't beat the trousers off the bee's knees.

for breakfast i had two cups of coffee and a baby ruth.

By J on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 10:44 pm:

I was going to hit on that little cup of Ben and Jerry"s with the Reece Cups,but some bastard beat me to it.It was mine mother$#%&*#!!

By semillama on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 08:51 am:

I just brewed up some Trader Joe's coffee in my new french press. Yum!

Cat, I will convey your message to Mavis, although I think the "big wet one" will not occur, as she doesn't like kissing.

She used to, but not anymore, it seems.

By Nate on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 10:44 am:

i just ground and brewed some jamacia blue mountain beans!

fuck her in the ass!

By Dougie on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 10:50 am:

I'm having the generic Bunn coffee they have in the department. It's a non-stop pot going from 7 am to 9 pm. Stuff is like drinking brewed dirt, but at least it's got caffeine.

By patrick on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 12:33 pm:

how could one not like kissing, thats a shame...kissing, when doen well and right is such a damn sexy thing....

far sexier than ass fucking....

despite what that guy says..

hmmm

we went from grocery lists to meal descripts.

last night, i ate , i ate, i ate

shit what did i eat?

oh yeah, some rice in a box shit and some vegetarian baked beans....with some fat free yogurt on the side...

and 5th of jack,

and a gram or two of super the dope...

and FEEL GREAT TODAY

right now it's coffee coffee coffee

By Isolde on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

I used to not like kissing. But it was because I was kissing the wrong people.
    Food: Today:
    Breakfast, 9:00am: bengal spice tea
    Lunch, 12:00pm: rice, kiwi tea
    Dinner, (proposed, 5:00pm: crap.
    I need to start finding real food. This is not healthy for me.

By agatha on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

isn't bengal spice tea the best? there was a point in time where i couldn't find any in the grocery stores, it was a low point in my life.

By sarah on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

tazo chai kicks ass. bigelow makes the best teas though.

By Kalli on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

i dunno patrick. i might be with nate on this one....

kissing is great and all....but if i had to choose between that and a big fat hairy weenie in my ass well....

the choice is certanly clear.

By Kalli on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:01 pm:

yea rhi i meant you.

woops bout that.

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

I'm with Patrick on the kissing issue.With the right lips---------heavy erotica.

By sarah on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

i feel like shit. i can't sleep, no matter what. ran out of valium, which sucks. went to bed at midnight, sat straight up out of bed 5:30 a.m. this morning.

fuck fuck fuck.

how do you people eat nothing? and then drink? or smoke pot? and feel fine? how is that possible?

teach me that trick.

i kinda want my sex drive back. fuckin shit dammit.

By Czarina on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

Oooh,poor Sarah.That is definately not something one wants to loose[the sex drive,I mean].

By J on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:11 pm:

I liked to get kissed all over,in all kinds of ways,and I like the love muscle anywhere it fits,but that's just me.Sarah,you just have to build up to it,sometimes I feel like shit,so I drink to feel better.If I'm lucky I go to a very speacial place called Oblivion,it's nice there.

By sarah on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:29 pm:

it's been somewhat liberating not having any sex drive at all. you don't realize sometimes how controlled by or obsessed with your desires you can become. not wanting or needing or even thinking about sex with myself or with other people, and not wanting even to be touched - it's powerful, enlightening.

but then i hear kalliope talk about big weenies in her ass and J talk about kissing all over and then i'm like, oh shit, i used to want stuff like that. what's wrong?

something is always wrong.

i think i just need more chocolate. dark, dark chocolate.

speaking of dark chocolate, i'm having lunch with Ron today. indian food in chinatown.

By patrick on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

yeah kalli got me wth that comment too

By Nate on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

she got me with that comment too.

oo.

i'd trade my sex drive for anything. sex is stupid.

i mean, i like it. a lot. but in the end, it really is just stupid. a waste of time.

By Kalliope on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 05:11 pm:

ok ok. so I don't really want a fat hairy weenie in my ass. A little skinny one maybe. My bum tends to stay off limits most of the time....

Actually, I'm a huge fan of kisses. The right kind of kisses. The ones where there's so much anticipation leading up to it and it doesn't let you down.

I've been scared to kiss boys before because I was afraid they'd let me down. It's thrilling when they don't.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't have a huge sex drive. Ask Clinton. We're down to two maybe three times a week and that's a good week. I'm just very frank about sex. Sometimes I wish I had a larger sex drive than I do...

I mean..I always do at first....

but then it goes away.

By Isolde on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

Bengal spice is so excellent...I liked it better a few years ago, they added some new flavour I"m not sure about.

By pez on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

kisses...they're seemingly innocent. the last time i kissed anyone it started with a long chat, forehead to forehead, him nervous, me worried.

kisses are good for forgetting.

By sarah on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 07:32 pm:

i get to kiss Ron almost every week day, usually after lunch. kissing someone every day makes life a little more interesting. stil, no desire for sex. the kissing is a nice intimacy, but i like just hanging out with him too. we walk through the city in the afternoons. we don't have much to talk about.

By Notwolf on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 01:25 am:

what was the question?

By Kalliope on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 10:24 am:

how to make love stay.

By Pilate on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 12:28 pm:

I don't know anything about making love stay. I just hope to Christ that it does.

I've been really getting into the whole kissing thing. I like to take a really long time with it. I've been getting my lover in bed and just endlessly kissing him all over his body. Pure adoration. It doesn't even have to turn sexual (but of course, it's fun when it heats up). Slow, loving kisses placed all over his body. It feels almost holy. Just slowly taking in the perfection. I'm blown away by how handsome Trace is. Wondering what the hell I ever did to deserve him. I give him massages and nonstop kisses. I do little things for him whenever I can (but always find myself wishing I could do so much more). Sometimes I give myself an hour or so to just kiss, touch and hold him. Sometimes, an hour affords some extra time to discover aspects of a lover you never really paid attention to before. There's so much hidden perfection to be discovered. I hope that I can continue discovering him for the rest of my life.

By Kalliope on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

I agree. There really isn't anything quite so sexy as the kiss...and the way one is kissed. (Of course, personally i think kisses on my peachclam are pretty damn sexy)

I love the first kiss. That's always my favorite. Because it's so new...because it's so either anticipated or so unexpected....

I'm repeating myself.

I'd like to find that Pilate. Someone I can keep discovering. I'm envious.

By sarah on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

chocolate.

it's the answer to all questions.

By Isolde on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

Shooping list today. I went to the Brattleburo co-op with Zoe of the green hair, saw a sign that said "come sleep with us."
    -One bag sea salt and vinegar kettle chips
    -One parcel dolmadas
    -One bar Tropical Source roasted hazelnut crunch
    -One bar tropical source sundried banana crunch
    -One bar tropical source wild rice crisp
    -two packages couscous
    -Two packages noodles
    -Two packages wild rice
    -One container of burt's beeswax lip balm
    -One package Madarin Orange Spice tea
    -One package Hob-Nob cookies.
    Yum.

By pez on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 10:09 pm:

today:

1 black cherry personal choice soda
    1 bag salt and fresh ground pepper kettle chips
    1 strawberry soda
    1 pint 1/2 and 1/2
    1 pkg reduced fat oreo
    1 copy of jane

yesterday i spent $33 on a book and a print, both signed by marvin bell.

By Isolde on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 10:25 pm:

I'm thinking of going to stewardess training school this winter.
    What do y'all think?

By pez on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 03:09 am:

somehow that made me think of one of the nuns in sister act: "my mother said that i was always so cheerful that i would be either a stewardess or a nun. what do you think? coffee?"

has anyone ever really used the seat cushions as flotation devices? that's something i need to know. will you find out for me?

By Isolde on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 12:22 pm:

If indeed I decide to go, yes I will. I though I have a suspicion if you enquire they may be obliged to answer.

By Notwolf on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 12:15 am:

1 bananna soy smoothie (Breakfast)
    2 chai latte (1 while shopping)
    1 oat fudge bar
    2 boxes of couscous
    3lbs of spinach pasta
    4 pk Guiness
    6pk Woodchuck Colonial
    lb of Land-o-lakes unsalted sweet cream butter
    rye bread & potato break
    peanut butter
    red raspberry preserves
    grape jam in a scooby-doo jar
    cans of black beans
    4 bags of white corn tortilla chips
    5 jars of salsa
    cat food (dry)
    whole roasted chicken

man, my grocery list is more exciting on paper than it is in real life... especially fer 80 bucks!
    ...shoulda eaten at 7-11 again and hit the pub tonight instead....
    ..except the cat woulda killed me...

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:31 am:

Ow!!

By Dougie on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 08:33 am:

I hear at steward/stewardess training school they take you on the jet roller coaster ride of your life to see if you can handle it. Dives and climbs and banks and whatever else a 747 can do. (If you get a really good pilot, they may take you through outside loops, barnstorming, and death spirals.)

Not to burst your bubble Isolde, but do you really want to serve a bunch of arrogant, needy, whiny, greedy fucks at 20000 feet? People turn weird when they get on planes.

By Kalliope on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 11:06 am:

Notwolf, come cook dinner for me.

We can light the remaining firecrackers.

I played tetherball again and lost.

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

I use to play tetherball in elementary school so often,my knucles were bloody,I beat everyone,except sometime Ira Newman would beat me,but not often.

By J on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

knuckles

By Isolde on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:42 pm:

Iknow about the training flight--it sounds like fun.
    I don't think I actually want to be a stewardess. I just want the training for the hell of it.

By pattypatboomboom on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

can we talked peachclams?

sometimes, a kiss, it's a dance, do it long enough, your lips tingle, numb...rub coke on your lips and gums, then kiss, same sensation....

when it's right, electric charges, shockwaves reverberate through my body, it's to the point of almost being indescribable....

when it works, man does it work so well

sometimes during sex, we'll agree to NOT take our lips apart....

now THAT's fun, feeling your lover orgams in such away.....there's plenty of material there for a good erotica story, but alas i HAVE NO TIME!!!

business prep business prep, the pressure's on

By sarah on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

peanut butter! fuck!!

By Notwolf on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

i've always got at least one bottle rocket hidden away fer an emergency.

----------
    and as fer the peachclamkiss... guys who don't are fools. i could do it for days. mebbe its subconsciously a power thing, to feel the center of another human being shift and come to focus at my mouth, to hold her and feel the power rolling in her hips ( the most powerful part of a woman, physically speaking) and lose yerself like a wave singing into a hurricane...like becoming only your lips (..tounge, teeth, nose, chin...) and swimming upstream...
    ..heh... got a bit carried away. sorry. it's been a while.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

if i got the two of you together to write an erotica i'd be in heaven.

and i have to disagree sugahbritches......

all my power is in my dimple.

you know, i still have one of my pineapple firecrackers. i set most all of em off in july...cept one. it's being saved for when i need to hear a booomdallaboom.

By Gee on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:18 pm:

yesterday I was late for school and thought maybe I'll just not brush my teeth so I can make it on time. then I thought but what if someone wants to kiss me today, and I have smelly breath? so I brushed my teeth afterall.

By Notwolf on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 10:18 pm:

i do that. even if i don't shower.
    ...it's that hoping for a kiss...one day...
    *sigh*

y'know? i hate stupid boys that break girls.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

Me too. They make me very angry.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 11:28 pm:

you know, that time we came back to fliporeikiheadfreakbasket in her little sarong flipping out because she heard the neighbor screaming...

i was afraid you were gonna try and kiss me that night.

but that was forever ago...and i'd probably kiss you first now. just because.

cuz you know what a case i am.

By Notwolf on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 03:36 am:

i wanted to. but i'm equal parts stoopid boy ( who fell in love with you), hopeless romantic(who know's it's better this way, even tho the thought of you under my mouth for an hour or two is distracting to the point of destruction...), and the guy i want to be (who knew that it wasn't the time, and if it ever were, i'd know).

but that was forever ago.

and you know what a case i am.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 08:33 am:

we're doing it again.

sudsy bubbles sudsy bubbles.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 08:35 am:

I'm going grocery shopping today. Finally.

pasta
    alfredo sauce
    chef boyardee
    pop tarts
    pre-made salad
    mollases cookies
    popcorn
    orange juice (with the pulp)
    english muffins
    cream cheese
    tortias
    balsamic rice
    melty cheddar cheese
    chocolate milk
    cat food
    cat litter

By Notwolf on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 05:20 pm:

so what. it just shows that ours is better than theirs, and that's something, at least. s'why i put a journal section on my site.

..we'll see how long it lasts...

By patrick on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

with pulp?

damn woman!

go back to russia you commie!!!!

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 09:44 pm:

hah.

drink it from concentrate?

how gay is that?

a notwolf journal? yaaay. now i wont be the only one blabbering nonsense. (ayeluveeweyewknow)

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 06:50 am:

yeah. angels re-did my site.
    hey, i'm an angel...

... i've fallen and i can't get up...

By Notwolf on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 06:59 am:

(cos ive got company for the weekend, and she works at NASA...)

Snow Plum tea
    Chai Latte
    almond biscuits
    mexican chocolate bricks (for hot shocolate)
    beet & garlic penne pasta
    sun-dried tomato bread
    water chestnuts
    whole garlic
    canned buttered mushrooms
    broccoli
    romano cheese from the NY deli
    5 cheese pasta sauce
    leggo toaster waffles
    black pepper, thick cut bacon
    real maple syrup
    blueberry syrup
    frozen strawberries
    2% milk
    OJ (w/ pulp!)
    whipped cream (inna can)
    Godiva Raspberry truffle ice cream
    more Guinness
    more cider
    a bottle of Rainwater Madiera

...and i'm not even trying to get laid...

dammit.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 11:17 am:

I remember Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream...that stuff's good shit. Mexican Chocolate, too. What's up with the 2% milk, though? If you're going to make cocoa, why not go all out?
    I opened a bar of toasted hazelnut chocolate this morning and it had gone bad. I am so bitterly unhappy.

By Muaaahhha on Sunday, May 8, 2005 - 12:11 am:

umm I bought some Cocaine from some random guy in an ally ......then I got two hookers...... then some beer and allloooottt of weeed...oh and some Pepto-Bismol

later that night I smoked most of the weed with the hookers and had them take a bath full of Pepto-Bismol and then I cliped their to nails

By D on Sunday, May 8, 2005 - 11:16 pm:

Muaaahhha, are you Jeffery Dahmer or ....What?

By sarah on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

apple juice
    corn tortillas
    strawberries
    romaine
    Os

By droopy on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 12:51 am:

masa for handmade corn tortillas
    sweet peppers: red, orange, yellow
    onion
    garlic
    cilantro
    mint from "the forest" in my tiny back yard

"it'll cure what ails ya."

By The Watcher on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 03:35 am:

7 eleven hotdogs.

McDonald's hamburgers.

Bananas.

Blue Berries.

Strawberries.

Dr. Pepper & Caffeine Free Coke & Ginger Ale.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact