grilled cheese and a dill pickle

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: grilled cheese and a dill pickle
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Holly on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 01:29 am:

6 mos pregnant 1 am cant sleep. if i ever catch up with the clod that impregnated me ill slice his pud off. nite

By semillama on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 08:49 am:

What the fuck.

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 08:57 am:

Ooh, grilled sharp cheddar cheese sandwiches fried in a 1/2 stick of butter, with salt on top after grilling, with many dill pickles, and possibly a nice soup. My favorite lunch.

By J on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 12:01 am:

Amee.s going to pop anytime,like in days,she is already 3 centimeters dialated,she is miserable and even took castor oil to speed things along,all she got was the dumps.

By Hal on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 01:32 am:

I can't help but wonder how the title of this topic has anything to do with the first post?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 09:28 am:

Cravings.

By sarah on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

green tea and mint ice cream with dill pickles and peanut butter.

here's a salad i made last night that i ate for lunch today, and it rocks:

Black Bean Salad

Ingredients:

1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 mango or 1/2 red apple, diced
    1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
    3/4 cup shredded plain broccoli slaw (or cabbage slaw if you must)
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    2 green onions, sliced thinly
    1 tbs mango butter or honey
    1 tbs olive oil
    2 tbs lime juice
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
    Dump all that crap in a big bowl. Stir up really good and chill for at least an hour before serving.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 08:05 pm:

Sounds good Sarah. Where does one find mango butter?

I had 3 fried eggs, 8 slices of bacon, and beets for dinner.

By sarah on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 08:35 pm:

email me your address Dougie and i'll send you a jar.

By TBone on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 08:47 pm:

Ever had Green Tea icecream?

By sarah on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 09:02 pm:

yes, that's what i was talking about. Dave's brand is the best green tea ice cream ever.

By TBone on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 10:44 pm:

oh. I thought you were talking about two different products.

I can't seem to find any in town, except from Sushi Hana. They serve Green Tea Icecream Tempura.

By Cat on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 10:48 pm:

Green tea icecream is just wrong. It's an abomination. Why...why..it's the reason the japanese lost the war.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:03 am:

pickle slicer jokes. green tea cream and poke. sounds like a sorabji sausage with sorbet. they of the bound feet and bowing stomach lost the war because of a certain misunderstanding about nuclear reactions.

Paul Ebertsall committed suicide over it. many pickles got fried because of it. and all the green tea ice cream melted.

end of story.

By Antigone on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:03 am:

Green tea ice cream is excellent!

Of course, this is coming from someone who has
    always wanted to try garlic ice cream...

By Dougie on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 10:52 am:

Thanks for the offer Sarah, but no need to put yourself out. Was just curious.

By sarah on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 11:32 am:

well, it's no trouble at all, but if you don't want to give me your mailing address i would understand, seeing as how i'm a psycho and all.

alternatively you could give me your grandmother's mailing address...

actually, i stopped on my way home last night and picked up a 2 more jars (they're small, like 3-5 oz in volume or so), so if you really don't want it, i can send it to the, uh, next highest bidder. the stuff has the consistency of honey, maybe a little less viscous, but it's made from mangoes, obviously. it's very sweet.

By sarah on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 11:32 am:

garlic ice cream sounds divine.

By patrick on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 11:39 am:

green tea ice cream.....exactly what is there to hate? its like green vanilla ice cream. and im willing to bet im the pickiest bitch around here...

if no one takes you up on it sarah, i'll dip into some mango butter

By patrick on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 11:39 am:

right...email

By Dougie on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:05 pm:

I appreciate it Sarah, and not that I don't trust you, I just don't want to put you out. And Patrick looks like he's taking you up on it anyways.

By sarah on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

no no, dear. the drill is, you email me your mailing address. k?

By Dougie on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

Righto, if you insist...

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

marianne's in santa cruz makes very good green tea icecream.

makes very good anykind of ice cream.

By Antigone on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

Woo hoo! My only question is how the hell do you "cook in an ice bath?"

By Dougie on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

That's just gotta be nasty. I love garlic as much as the next guy, I'll smash up 2-3 cloves and put it all on a lamb chop before broiling it, or crush 5 cloves, put it in butter, then spread it on italian bread and bake it to make garlic bread, but garlic ice cream is just wrong.

By Cat on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

Amen Dougie.

I will not help you to foist this evil confection on the World, Dr Frankengone.

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

a pile of crushed garlic bathed in balsamic vinegar and fine olive oil. for dipping your sourdough in.

m.

mm.

raise your hand if you can get good sourdough where you live.

hm?

By Antigone on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

I just ordered a pile of products from the Stinking Rose website. Sadly, no garlic ice cream. :-( But I'm sure a little vanilla with some garlic juice mixed in would make a dandy milkshake...

By sarah on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:57 pm:

you better believe that i am making garlic ice cream this weekend. that rocks.

i should also make chocolate strawberry ice cream, seeing as how i still have a fuckload of chocolate and a gargantuan costco size bag of frozen strawberries.

no good sourdough here, but i can't eat it anyway, stuff makes me sick. i thought the only good sourdough on the planet was made in SF.

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

certainly in the SF bay area.

By patrick on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 04:01 pm:

we get it here. if there is better i haven't had it.

By dave. on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

there are a couple of amazing bakeries in seattle. the sourdough is probably not better but definitely as good as the best sourdough from sf. now, will you kindly shut up about sourdough while i'm going lo-carb?

By patrick on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

mmmmmmmm potato cakes

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

speaking of lo-carb, i'm thinking about a bloody, seared porterhouse for dinner tonight.

and gin. lots of gin.

By Antigone on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

Drinking gin (and any alcohol, beer especially) is like taking carbos from an IV drip, d00d....

By patrick on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 07:39 pm:

i havent had gin since the xmas party, and before that, it was years. it was one of my first teenage alcohol lusts.

the shot of Bombay at the xmas party was more for my homey than me.

well if he goes for the gin and steak only, technically that is low, based on an average diet that might consist of steak, a potato, veggies, maybe a roll, cake for desert etc.

he's just on two extremes....perhaps...

you buy that?

the more i think of it the less i do.

By dave. on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 08:19 pm:

i got the george foreman. that thing kicks ass!

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 08:26 pm:

gin has no carbs.

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 08:28 pm:

and only 73 calories per oz.

i've heard good things about the george foreman.

By dave. on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 08:45 pm:

there's a deluxe, indoor/outdoor version for about $130. i was coveting it but i opted for the $70 jobby. it makes quick work of a tri-tip.

By dave. on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 08:47 pm:

i think part of the process of metabolising alcohol is your body turns it into sugar. that's the carbs.

By Nate on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

hmm. same deal as cholestoral free potato chips.

By pez on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

i ate too many carbs yesterday and could hardly stay awake at work.

all in all, i had about five meals. i had two donuts and a cherry coke for brekkast, a roasted chicken sub and a dr. p after ballet, jojos and poppers for a snacky-snack, fries chicken sandwich and a coke before work, another coke to stay awake at work, and then chicken thai noodles and brocci when i got home and before i did an hour of zine work.

i love food. i don't think i'll ever have to worry about being anorexic.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

baking high fat chocolate chip whole wheat brown sugar vanilla bar cookies.... sending them to my numero uno son in college.... but eating a few before they go.... may be thai tonight with my special goatfriend.

she's vacumming the dalmation as we speak. the spots never seem to come off...

goats and vacuums...oughta be a law

By Hal on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 06:49 pm:

Damn I've missed alot in my sebatical to Missoula... I hope my trip ends up being worth missing Sorabji for 3 days....

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 08:10 am:

So did anybody actually make garlic ice cream over the weekend, and if so, how long did you keep it down for after eating it before you worshipped at the porcelain alter?

By Hal on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

Dude... Garlic Ice Cream doesn't sound that bad...

By Nate on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

i have a tub of marianne's irish coffee chocolate chip in the freezer.

unopened. untouched. pristine. holy.

go now, to santa cruz. all of you.

marianne's.
    on ocean street.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 08:44 pm:

This thread prompted me to have a hankerin' for lamb chops broiled with garlic. So I bought 2 beautiful round bone lamb chops, 3 cloves of garlic crushed over them, and broiled 5 minutes a side. On the 9th minute, I hear an explosion. My fucking Pyrex baking dish which I have used to broil meat in for probably 10 years blew up. I use that instead of the broiler pan in the bottom of the oven because it's easier to clean. Glass everywhere. Had to make due with a salami sandwich. Nothing like having your hopes dashed. Well, at least I have Starbuck's Java chip for dessert.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 09:08 pm:

OH Dougie...

Thats horrible, and whats even worse about it is the fact that because of the glass you can't even touch the meat. Dude that sucks.

By sarah on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

unfortunately i did not get around to making garlic ice cream last weekend. i was distracted instead by overripe bananas and papayas. i baked papaya muffins and banana molasses breads and a chocolate banana coconut tropical fruit pound cake with chocolate and spiced rum hot syrup on top. also, a big meaty batch of texas style chili and thai spicy seafood soup. oh and a walnut cream sauce for the opakapaka my neighbor caught while fishing on saturday. i think that was all... hard to say.

i can't make the garlic ice cream this weekend because i'm going off island, but perhaps i'll give it a swing the weekend after. by that time i'll be almost out of vicodin and i'm already almost out of brandy, so i'll need something to soothe the nerves.

By sarah on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 09:51 pm:

i just answered an ad in our free weekly that read: Literate Lesbians - Thirty to forty-something year old lesbians trying to organize a fun, light social group around various activies, including reading, hiking, dinners, etc. If interested, send email with name and contact info to ****@aol.com.

but that is neither here nor there. garlic ice cream may have to be put on hold until late march. currently i am obsessed with raw foods. i ate nearly all raw foods this past weekend and everything was so incredibly delicious, flavorful... lentil soup, "chocolate" zipote, "fudge", bliss balls (PEANUT BUTTER!), hummus, pizza, eggplant and avacado salad, oatmeal, more salads, fruit pies, you name it. this weekend i'm having a raw foods luncheon with jenn and ashby. i'm going to make sea vegetable slaw with a tahini dressing, and carob halva for dessert. then we're going to see hideous kinky at the movie museum, where they have about 30 seats in the theater, faux leather recliners.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact