cherry garcia

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: cherry garcia
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:20 am:

i almost decided to drive to eugene tonight just for the hell of it, after seeing squeaky (my faith in him shaken), but instead i bought some juice and ice cream at the store and came home.

two new messages on the answering machine. one i've completely forgotten about, the other from hal.

so now, three hours later, i'm eating my ice cream. and i've got a headache because i wish i were anywhere but here. just about.

why does life have to be so complicated?

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:05 am:

and painful?

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:32 am:

its not.

you are a teen.

the melodramatic comes with the territory.

not that that sentiment allieves any of your frustration and hurt.

try stepping back. you have your whole life ahead of you. these boys, you speak of, are probably just as screwed.

drive to san francisco. kick it on haight street. smoke some pot with strangers, wake up on north beach. sit in golden gate and eat strawberries and write. walk across the bridge. small town portland suburb can go by by bybybybybybyby

montana would just make you crazier.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:42 am:

She's 19, not 14.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:44 am:

Hang in there, pez. Muddle on through like the rest of us do. Just remember:

1) Be good to yourself.
    2) Be good to others.
    3) If there's a piece of shit in the middle of the street, don't walk over and sniff it.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:44 am:

19 is still a teenager spider.

By Spider on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:51 am:

Barely.

Pain is pain.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:06 pm:

barely? i dont think so. shes still at home "grounded".

wtf.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

yah, i need to live a little.

a lot.

i don't know how i can stand it. being good little girl pez all the time.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

don't come down on yourself for what you are. come up on yourself for what you can be and can do.

the world is your oyster, as silly as it sounds, but its true.

you have freedom in your back pocket, use it.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:18 pm:

Pez, please don't act out the cliche of the good little girl who busts out wild after she leaves home.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

cliches aren't my lifestyle, dahhhhhhlink.

and now freedom sounds like a comb. freedom keeps hair parted nicely and tangle-free.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

why rhiannon. does the darkside scare you?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

Oooh...the dark side of the party girl. Hold me.

Thank you, Pez. I didn't think you would do anything so disgustingly typical, but then I got worried all of a sudden.

By Hal on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

I resent that Montana remark. Montana won't make you any crazier then California, Oregon, Idaho, Navada, Virgina, New York, Texas, or any other state for that matter. Patrick 19 is barely teenage, I'm 19, no I don't live with my parents or even in the same city for that matter, but its right on that thin line of being teenage and looking back and wondering how stupid you could be. Pez, has problems with the wrong boys liking her, its not her fault. This recent person, well fuck him, the ass doesn't deserve her. What she needs is to get her own app. (which from what I understand if she gets the new job she will) she needs to join us all in NO for Sorabjifest (Which also depends on the job) and she just needs to get away from the little things that are making her life hell right now. If its only for 3-4 days fine then, but she needs to get away none the less. And if she can move out and see life from a new perspective then awsome, if not she just needs to be able to skip off to her own corner of the world till
    she can get the hell out of her parents place, its the only alternative I can she her having. Whether she moves to California, Montana, or just some place in Oregon she'll be better off but until then things will continue to be the way they have been.

As for this boy, Pez, drop him he isn't worth any of the shit that will end up coming from being aroudn him.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

he's been dropped.

i cried myself to sleep last night, but he's been dropped.

i wish people had those light up signs on their foreheads so you can tell exactly what's going on in a relationship in their head and not let yourself be fooled with words and wanting.

By TBone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

Montana would make her crazy. She needs to get out of her her home, but there's not much here except Hal, myself, some mountains, some really nifty parks, and nuclear missile silos. She'd definately go crazy trying to make enough money to live on.

By Hal on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Ok the money thing can be fixed, but TBone you know as well as I do- Nifty Mountains, Nifty Parks, You, App, Myself, Missle Silos, and the lakes are most definatly counter-crazy.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

i'm not going to live in montana, just visit.

which remnds me, i need to buy more phonecards.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

"Oooh...the dark side of the party girl. Hold me."

I didnt say party girl.

Your comment just seemed facetious, as to say, don't be the stereotypical person im not.

There is a life converse to yours that isnt shallow.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

your 19 too hal?

damn.

ok.

i really, and honestly said montana would make her crazy, because its obvious you have a thing for her, and im pretty sure you'd try and put your hand on in her pants. And maybe thats asshole of me to say, but its a gut feeling of mine that you are so instistant she come to see you for your own 19 year old male reasons.

do the math.

you've made it clear you are hard up. as most 19 year old boys are. nothing wrong with that, but you come across as needy.

you are insistant a female peer travel across states to visit you.

where would she stay?

shes too young to get a hotel.

of course montana would make her crazy.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

Really? I thought everyone was shallow except Rhiannon.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

i'm crazy alreays. see? i an''t even type today.

i think it wou;d be interesting to visti montana partly for curiosities sake. and it would be nice to get away for a little while.

that doesn't mean crash and burn.

By Hal on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

Actually the topic of discussion was made last night, and as for where she would stay, it would not be with me. I have several female friends who would have no problem letting her couch surf, or if it was Ok with TBone, she could stay with him. Also while I'm on the topic Patrick, the only reason your getting this "gut Feeling" that I have something for Pez is because I've been in her shoes. If you haven't payed attentnion I don't care where she moves just as long as she up and does it. As for liking her, there is someone here in Missoula that I'm particularly interested in and although I may be male I don't share that problem that circulates among our species like wildfire, when I'm interested in one person I stay interested in "one" person. Pez is a nice person, just as you are capable of being a nice person Patrick. In all honesty, I want to meet all the sorabjites, I've just made a point about mentioning Pez because she's the only one who has POSTED a desire to visit TBone, App, And myself here in the
    great state of Montana. I have no interest in getting my hands down her pants. She knows that, I know that, I hope that you could at least give me some credit beyond that of me being 19 and hormonal.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

i fell like i should say something.

but now how.

By Spider on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:44 pm:

What the fuck? Show me where I've used the word 'shallow' anywhere on these boards in reference to anyone here. I'm talking about lame-assed Hollywood cliches that a lot of people think are edgy and thrilling. I'm not talking about you or me. Give me a break.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

sorry pez if i made you uncomfortable.

i was just saying, your comment didnt seem any more releavent than saying "please spider dont become a nun".

im sorry im being a hard ass today.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

s'ok.

ui know how the board goes. my comlaining about hurting doesn't help.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

You're also projecting your condescending attitude onto me, and your analogy doesn't make sense.

I wrote what I wrote to discourage the trite teenaged-boy comments I thought would follow. So they didn't. My apologies for underestimating the lot of you.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

pez is no more poised to be the "hollywood example of rebel girl from sheltered home" than you are to become the flying nun.

im sorry for my condescending attitude today.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

Geez, Pez you weren't kidding when you said you couldn't type today.

Unless that's shallow of me.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:20 pm:

I think you could learn alot from teenage boys, Rhiannon.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

Antigone, I am a teenaged boy. Semillama will deny this, but he's not privy to the whole truth.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

I stand by my original statement.

By Ponky on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

I was a teenaged boy until my mid-twenties, when I became an aging rock star. I am not kidding.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

teenage boy MY ASS.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

pez all your grief over this boy. should really go out and buy some Smiths, old Cure, some Coedine, the band.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

Teenage boys are about more than sex and bull shit all the time.Its not funny that folks think you hurt less if your a teen like it is all just a big game. Like no mater how bad shit gets ppl will just say you are a teenager get over it. You get hurt and you cry and folks will say you are just cryen cause you are young. I met adults who act worse than me and I seen guys over 30 be drama queens and cry in there beer over nothing at all. In othar news I got a toy today (o.k. so I am not so mature and grown up cause I got a toy) it is a cool wind up robot made of tin. From Japan. Dorian give him to me. Crimsons dog is trippin over it. Dog v.s. robot! a fight to the death.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:14 pm:

Ye-HaW!

What are you up to these days, Oswald? Whatcha listening to?

By Hal on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

Thank you Oswald, I think that said it better then I ever could without tripping over my own words.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:34 pm:

I am listening to butt loads of Gospel but some old rock too and I am still on a Jeferson Airplane kick and a bunch of 60's stuff. A friend give me a C.D. of some techno its from France or some place. I am beter at playing bass and I want to write some music. I am supose to go sing Gospel at a church in a few weeks.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

Still have that band going?

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

Yes and we kick so much ass. Ha. I got every thing it takes to be a rock star but knowing how to play real good music. I love my band tho we do not get to play much as we should and we need more guys that can play. Dorian and Violet are best. Keota sing real nice back ups and I play the bass and the B flat teenage atitude. This guy I know is gonna show me some time how to use a 4 track.

By bell_jar on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

you can get a hotel when you're 19.

By Hal on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:38 pm:

Yes of course you can.

By Nate on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

but try to rent a car.

By bell_jar on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

how old do you have to be to rent a car?

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

25, usually.

By bell_jar on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

fuckers

By bell_jar on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

you have to be 25 to run for senate too.

By Nate on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:03 pm:

yea, senators pretty much have to be able to rent cars.

By cyst on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

30 to run for senate. 25 for house of reps. 35 for prez.

By Nate on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

nate to run for emperor el capitan of the universe

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

ahh i was thinking of the rental car bit

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

pez for prez in 16 years.

i'll have to get a sex change first though. and go to church. presbyterian or lutheran.

i'd either take a bus or train, i think. that's a long way to drive alone.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

Don't worry about the sex change. A woman will be president, as will a black person, and other minorities too.

They'll all be Republicans, though.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

dangit!

i knew going n.a.v. was a mistake!

By C on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

Does anyone happen to know when Ben & Jerry's started sucking?

I expected it to go to shit after Unilever bought it in 2000. But it stayed good through last summer at least.

But last night I bought a pint of Mint Chocolate Cookie without looking at the ingredients list first. (Why would I? It was Ben & Jerry's)

Yuck. The different style of the security plastic didn't tip me off. No, not at all.

It wasn't until I started scooping into the ice cream--WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE AT ALL--that things seemed funny. I sort of just brushed it off, though, thinking maybe I needed to turn up the freezer or something. In the past, I've really had to work to get the ice cream out of the container. More than once I've taken a knife (heated up under hot tap water) and just sliced the pint in half.

I never minded having to do this. Worth it, worth it, worth it.

But last night, as I put the spoon in the birthday ice cream (actually, it's today, thank you), it just slid right in there. I had the pint dished out in like three seconds. It was sort of bubbly and whipped and airy and weird, like the generic brand ice cream you buy in the rectangular boxes.

And of course it turned out to be shit. Just like cheap mint ice cream, except without the artificial green color. I looked at the ingredients list, and I found crap like "liquid sugar" (it used to be plain old "sugar"), partially hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, guar gum, soya lecithin, and carrageenan.

I could not believe it. You know, I didn't really give a fuck when Unilever bought Ben & Jerry's. OK, I worried a little. But I don't care whether 401K participants get to profit from my purchases of B&J--as long as the ice cream stayed good. And, really, I thought there would be no way that Unilever would throw away the carefully cultivated brand identity they paid for.

We were going to be watching them! A multinational couldn't just wreck America's darling of ice creams. And why would they? Who's gonna pay $4 a pint for crap?

Not me, not anymore.

Today I went to the company's Web site to see what the fuck was up. I didn't have the container with me (it has since been fished out of the trash) and wanted to verify what I remembered from the ingredient list. I thought maybe it had just been a bad dream.

No ingredients listed anywhere on the site. Wow.

So I went to the FAQ section and tried to find what they had to say about the change in recipes. No luck there, either.

OK, so I was finally willing to resort to filling out a Web form to register my complaint. Drag.

But even though I didn't have a problem with the particular pint of ice cream I bought but the ice cream in general, I had to give the following information:

* Plant number
    * Item number
    * Expiration date
    * Production line
    * Manufacture code
    * Manufacture time

* And, get this, date of birth--month, day, and year.

There was no other way to ask a question or make a comment. Those were all required fucking fields.

This is why I fished the container out of the garbage.

Goddamnit. I'm just so angry. Why do things have to suck?

By Lapis on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:15 pm:

So, C, I'm sorry but this isn't an ice-cream complaint page, but thank you for posting on this thread and making me reread things I've said nearly two years ago.

Better luck next time.

Things to do to avoid nasty ice-cream in the future:
    (1) Make your own.
    (2) Stop eating ice cream.

By c on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:18 pm:

Oops, sorry. The subject "Cherry Garcia" made me think that posts about Ben & Jerry's ice cream might be appropriate here.

By kazoo on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

I, on the other hand, am impressed with your passion for quality frozen dairy goodness.

Happy Birthday

By c on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

Thanks, kazoo! Soon I will go out and have some quality tequila goodness.

By Nate on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 10:36 pm:

and a good trip up the anal canal, i hopes.

and pez, you didn't listen to spider. bad girl.

By Lapis on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 11:20 am:

Oh, I missed the fact it was your birthday, C, forgive me and happy birthday.

I'm confused.

By Platypus on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:35 am:

happy bifday!

By patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:58 am:

that has cyst written all over.

up yours girl!

nice to see ya

By Spider on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 09:48 am:

Cyst, I had some B&J ice cream (Caramel Sutra) this weekend, and it didn't have an airy texture -- I had to thaw it out on the counter before I could pierce it with a spoon. It tasted pretty good too. Maybe it's just Mint Chocolate Cookie that's gone to the dogs?

And happy birthday!

By Spider on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 09:50 am:

Hehe, I was really irritated up there.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:41 am:

Ben & Jerry's started sucking when they decided to "blend" their flavors. now there are more bits in all the ice cream than ice cream. the effect is that in trying to make it taste like everything, it actually tastes like nothing.

the only one they hit with that formula was Monkey Wrench, which was Chunky Monkey + Peanut Butter Cup. the rest of them suck really bad.

best to stick with Godiva from now on.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 12:58 pm:

actually a brand of ice cream that i bought for a pregnant wife with her last vice in tact was Dreyers Lite French Silk. choco and vanilla swirled with bits of chocolate mixed in. damn good, but since i never eat sweets im easily impressed.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

i won't eat anything that has the word "lite" or "light" on the label.

but yeah, otherwise the other Dreyers specialty ice cream pints are damn delicious.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:47 pm:

i cant possibly see how you could tell the difference. it just has a little less sugar otherwise there isnt anything lite about it. to me its no less sweet than any other ice cream.

seriously....maybe im under estimating the female chocolate sensitivity but if did blind taste test, i bet you could tell which one was lite.

By Nate on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

a good reason not to eat 'lite' or 'light' foods is because they are totally fucked additions to the human diet.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

how is having less sugar a "fucked addition"?

no sugar substitutes, just less.

By Spider on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

This is apropos of nothing, but I let myself eat whatever I wanted at my Easter meal and my blood sugar dropped so low I had to lie down for two hours before I got my strength back.

I was revived with a shot of grappa. Ah, grappa...the white lightning of the gods.

By Spider on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

"Lite" foods usually do add stuff to replace the fat that's missing. Usually sugars and empty fillers.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

"lite" and "light" only means "we've processed the fuck out of what was probably a perfectly delicious and nutritious food".

any food is "lite" if you just eat less of it.

By eri on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:45 pm:

Happy Belated birthday to C and to Ophelia!!!! Sorry I forgot. A lot on my mind with the move. I spent my birthday recovering from the two days before!

By J on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

I Hope Cyst still checks her mailcity e-mail.

By spunky on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

Eri's bday was sunday.
    I forget to mention that

By eri on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

I had already mentioned it, cuz mine is the 20th and Ophelias is the 21st? I think that is what she said, or maybe hers is the 20th, too. My brain isn't working right now. I am supressing rage.

By c on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 11:04 pm:

Hey, J, I don't. I've given that account up for dead. Let me know what yours is, though.

Nate, last time I checked in, you were on Atkins. How did that work for you?

By Lapis on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 11:30 pm:

When I came back in January they (or maybe just Patrick) thought I was you.

I haven't seen Ophelia in awhile.... I need to send her that mix tape I made.........

By kazoo on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 09:59 am:

Happy Birthday Eri!!!

(Though I was about a week early with that last week....pbtthhhhht)

By Spider on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 10:18 am:

I wish much felicity to Eri and Ophelia on this the anniversary of their births.

By Spider on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 10:19 am:

(I read part of "Hamlet" last night, and now my brain is looped on Ophelia's line, "My honored lord, you know right well you did." I will be indirectly thinking of Ophelia all day.)

By dave. on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 11:57 am:

happy birthday, eri.

man, i've been stinking up the crib this morning. chilidogs and beer.

By Nate on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

c, atkins worked well. i made my target in about 3 months. a little over 30 lbs. it also yielded large, well definined muscles, added an inch and a half to my cock, and granted me the power to communicate telepathically with animals.

i'm completely off it now, though. you really don't want to know what animals are thinking.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

added to you wang or removed fromt he rest of you thereby making the appearance of wang growth.

By sarah on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

well, i didn't know what to call these until just now. i baked them last friday and they were astounding. rich, but not too dense. great texture.

Big Wong Brownies

4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
    1 stick butter
    2 eggs
    scant 1 cup sugar
    1 tea vanilla
    1 tea almond extract
    1/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/4 cup hazelnut meal
    1 tablespoon cinammon
    1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)

melt the chocolate and butter together and mix until smooth. let cool. add sugar and eggs, one at a time, mixing well. dump the rest of the ingredients in, mix, and pour into greased 9x9" pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

for a low-carb version, subsititue 1 cup sugar with 1 cup splenda (baking splenda, not splenda packets) and subsitute 1/4 cup flour with an additional 1/4 cup hazelnut meal, or 2 tbs soy flour and 2 tbs hazelnut meal.

By wisper on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

sweet.

hi cyst! i miss your creepy pics of you in mirrors, in strange countries, with a camera for a face and very little clothes.
    This is how i will remember you.

By wisper on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

sweet.

hi cyst! i miss your creepy pics of you in mirrors, in strange countries, with a camera for a face and very little clothes.
    This is how i will remember you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact