Krispy Kreme Krazyness....

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Krispy Kreme Krazyness....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 02:54 am:

The sig and i are about to make the drive to my parents house for the x-mas visit, and i call home to tell them we're about to leave, and my father instructs me to: "Be sure to stop by the Krispy Kreme on your way!"
    "What the hell is Krispy Kreme? I recognize hearing that name from movies...."
    "It's the BEST donuts in the world, and it's right near YOU!"

So Krispy Kreme Donuts put their first location in Canada not too far from my place, and i was charged by daddy to come home with 2 dozen original glazed, or not come home at all.
    It turns out that i live in a cave, because this store is apparently a *big* fucking deal in the Greater Toronto Area. In fact, opening week they made (get this) HALF A MILLION DOLLARS. In 7 days. In donuts. So we just had to see this.

It wasn't hard to find. There were cars going into the parking lot like a mall on christmas eve. And this was 12:30 at night. People came out of it carrying bags and bags of boxes. I had never seen anything like this before. "I'm scared" i said. "Do they cover them in heroin or something?" We got to the building just as it closed, but the drive through is 24 hours. Attached to the side of the place was a big white party tent covering one of those rope line dividers like they have in banks and theme park lines. I shit you not.

"okay, where's the drive through line?....oh.....fuck."
    It went back past the actual planned drive thru area, across the street and down a dead-end undeveloped road. It was 6 or 7 city blocks long, easy. Let me stress that this was past midnight now. Sure, others may have turned back at this point, but not your buddy wisper. I'm all about the baked goods. And this was too interesting. They had two guys traffic copping the drive thru line, plus a plaza security guard in his car.
    At one point a fight nearly broke out when some guy tried to sneak past the guard.
    All this, all for donuts.

We were in that line for an hour and a half.
    Since the line only moved once every 10 min, i just kept the car off most of the time. Had to resist the urdge to get out and start interviewing people in other cars. "so, what the hell are you doing here? Do the donuts give head?"
    Sometimes the absurdity of the whole thing got us to yelling, but i figure there are a lot worse ways to spend an hour. Like watching Survivour or something. I don't know.

We got to the window about 1:45am. And next time i'm taking a camera with me, because someone needs to show the world what people will do for donuts.
    "You folks been to Krispy Kreme before?"
    "no..."
    "Well, can to tell me what the HOT light above the sign means?"
    "uhm....that they're....hot.....?"
    "THAT'S RIGHT!! Here's your complimentary donut!!"
    "This thing better taste like god..."

I forgot to say about the woman in the car in front of us, her total came to $75.

We pull into a parking space and tried them. The sig was impressed. "My GOD, this is what donuts are SUPPOSED to tase like!" My first bite was good, but after that....ugh
    Too much sugar. The thing was swimming in that elusive sugar grease, and I felt sick for the rest of the night. It made me want to eat a salad, as some sort of appology to my body.

Once a Tim Horton's girl, always a Tim Horton's girl, i guess.

But what a ride.

By Cat on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 05:41 am:

Oh that reminds me...in Bangkok I went to a place called sumpin like Cinnabon, which apparently is a franchise out of Seattle. It was like heaven with blow jobs by angels.

If I lived anywhere near one of those, I would be the size of ...big anyway.

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 11:55 am:

in high school my buddy worked at a Cinnabon. I use to just eat the frosting with a spoon when he was closing.

Krispy Kreme is legendary wisper.

We used to live a block away from one, and man, around 4am, when the morning batch was coming out of the oven,you could smell it. Drunks and cops alike pilgrimaged.

By J on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

I know I sure got excited when they opened a Krispy Kreme here,that was one thing I did miss about the south.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 04:51 pm:

I'm drooling just thinking about them.

Krispy Kreme and Cinnabon together yum!!!

Although I think I can resist.

By wisper on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 04:59 pm:

Cinnabon good.
    Krisp Kreme bring pain

By Dougie on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

The only cinnabon places I've seen are at airports. I can only eat 1/2 of one and have to wash it down with coffee it's so fricking sweet.

By Hal on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 06:26 pm:

Never had Krisp Kreme here in Montana, but we've had Cinnabon.

Hell there was one in the mall in billings, its still there as far as I know. Their frosting is the best, get a cinnimon roll with the frosting... jesus...

That and they gave me free Mt.Dew because I worked in the mall, it was heaven... And I did gain weight, good thing I got out of the mall huh.

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 07:00 pm:

jesus christ, a a big assed cinnamon roll with frosting AND a mountain dew? fuck man why didnt you just go for Jolt? or hell just get a 5lb bag of sugar and have at it?

By Hal on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

No yellow 5 in the sugar...

And hell most of it was free...

So...

Fuck you, you ass.

By Dr Kellogg on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

I made over $16000 profit by investing in Krispy Kreme for less than 3 months. I kid you not.

By Nate on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 07:09 pm:

i made $25.04 profit by investing in your mom for the past 8 months.

By Dr Kellogg on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 12:57 am:

My Mother said to thank you again. At 84, She never thought she'd get her arthritic old claws on a hotty like you. She wanted to let you know that she appreciated your rolling back your rates to 1920's prices. if you are available this next weekend...She's got a shiny new nickel for you!

By dave. on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 01:13 am:

that's the spirit!

By Co Coa Puff on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

Hey Doc K.. . .
    Here here with the investment in KKD.
    I made a few hundred. There _is_ an . . outlet for them in the south. In Metairie.

By Brfrhrrr on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 02:08 pm:

Metairie is godforsaken cement with no trees.
    . . most of it.

Dr. K, how bout that ASW scandal. ?

By Dr Kellogg on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 03:00 pm:

ASW Scandal? Australian Surfing World? Aboriginal Single Widow? Aluminum Siding & Windows? Alternative Sex Whirligig?

Maybe you mean those DAMNED SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISTS? Meddling do-gooders...I KNOW they were behind the torching of my Sanitarium. Filthy two-faced vegetarians....

http://www.ex-sda.com/john.htm

By Rantn n Raven on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 05:29 pm:

And which sanitarium was yours?
    hmmmm, ASW formerly known as A.C.L.N.

Supposedly imported used trucks of the Mercedes variety to North Africa and the Middle East.
    Now they are being sued by many.

Including Abbey Gardy LLP.
    What did the 7th day Adventists do to or for you? Is that your site? ?
    Saw the R. Crumb movie for the second time.
    This time on tee vee on IFC.
    I read that after viewing it, Mr. Crumb went for a quiet walk and then threw his favorite hat off of a mountain because he didn't want to be Robert Crumb anymore.
    One of his brothers saw the movie and killed himself soon after that.

Movies. MOVE-eees

On anothe note,
    heard Eric Burdon (The Animals) on 'fresh air' yesterday. What a great interview. It is available here:
    http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/fa/20020103.fa.02.ram
    He got to meet Louis Armstrong in London when he was eleven! (the show fresh air, is not a favorite . . . they should give previews of the cool segments, don't you think so . . )

By The Watcher on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

I'm envious Dr. K.

My wife called our broker about Krispy Kreme. His assistant said, the broker was out, they were not going to buy it for their clients because it would go down right away.

So much for listening to my brokers assistant.

And as Daffy would say, Dr. K. you're Dispicable.

By PNRA on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 04:50 pm:

KKD split 2:1 in March and in June. Don't think Dr. K was touting the stock for now.

The money has been made.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

That's why I'm pissed.

My wife and I wanted it when it was an IPO. And, our Broker's assistant convinced her not to buy it.

Ouch. we could have used that money.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact