words, chicken and rice, fair maidens

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: words, chicken and rice, fair maidens
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lughs friend Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

Okay I lied about the last. Time we talked FOOD again folks.

Breakfast: vanilla iced chocolate brownies and ginger peach tea.

Lunch: wild rice, char grilled chicken (leftovers), szechwan sauce, and garlic cheese biscuits and lots of butter, diet caffiene free coke.

There needs to be more fair maidens in my diet.

By Daniel sssss friend Lugh on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 02:23 pm:

So what's lacking in your diet? WHat are you REaaally HUNGRY for????

By eri on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 10:32 pm:

Fair might be doable but maidens are hard to come by now, unless they are under age.

By Dairy Queen on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 11:17 pm:

Heath Blizzard and jalapeno bagel dog.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 11:23 pm:

Throw in a fair maiden, a doable fair, or a doable maiden, and you got a three course unstable combination side dish with that. Where is everybody tonight? out fair -maiden -ing probably?

Did you used to live in the fair midwest eri? I read that somewhere.

By eri on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 12:05 am:

Yeahm, I used to live in Kansas City. Hated the midwest. Maybe it was just the circumstances there, and the fact that I was too close to family. A lot a bad memories in the midwest and the fun isn't over there yet. Missouri was truly Misery.

I was born in Holllywood and grew up in L.A. Maybe I am just not cut out to be a farmer's daughter.

I slept through breakfast, skipped lunch, snacked on some cheese sticks from the bowling alley and had El Pollo Loco for dinner. Not very interesting or very healthy.

I have been working on building a dollhouse for my daughters tonight. Watching horror movies. Again, not very interesting. Still fun. But my back hurts now.

By moonit on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 01:06 am:

I had toast with vegemite for brekky.

Berry Berry Nice Breaky Cereal for lunch.

Dinner was chicken with a chunky tomato sauce thing with extra peppers and spring onions chucked in and potatoes. My flatmate still isn't home so I guess that can be my lunch tomorrow at work.

I want chocolate.

By droopy on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 02:09 am:

dinner was a half dozen pork tamales (very spicy), refried beans, corn tortillas, and beer. (seis tamales de puerco [muy picante], frijoles refritos, tortillas de maiz, y cerveza.)

i want antacids. (quiero medicina para problemas de digestión.)

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:42 am:

Making bread. Thawing last summer's tomato sauce for tortellini this evening. Eating brownies. Going to work the system so that I get off with little or no consequences (salsa es muy picante).

Hey look! the sun is shining and it's above freezing. Ditto on Kansas City. For some reason I like St. Louis.

By agatha on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

field roast and cheese sandwich on wheat bread with mayo and mustard. it's food.

By agatha on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 03:55 pm:

what i really want is fish and chips. and a chocolate shake.

By eri on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

BBQ'ed steak, homemade salsa, homemade quacamole, chips, beans. Just sounded good.

By Playpus on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

i had a "north coast panini," which consists (in its modified state) of focaccia, avocado, and onion. And garlic waffle fries. Yum.

By semillama on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 07:03 pm:

chicken burgeruette frm Trader Joe's, 4 bean
    salad, then later a "better'n peanut butter"
    sandwich.

By droopy on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 07:17 pm:

i couldn't possibly admit to you what i had for breakfast.

i'm thinking about fixing myself a vegetable plate for dinner.

there is nothing "better" than peanut butter.

By Vegemite on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 10:22 pm:

come on droopy! pleeease!

By Daniel ssss on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 12:17 am:

Vanilla yogurt, homemade gazpacho from the freezer, homemade tomato sauce from the freezer over cheese tortellini, more brownies, sour cream and onion Lays with french onion dip, but what I really wanted was triscuits and brie.

Alas alack. Worked in the woods clearing undergrowth all afternoon and ya can't see where I even made a dent. I did make two brush piles for the bunnies (see other thread).

Ricky the Racoon startled my evening guests...in the dark and with all the bushiness of winter fur, he looked four feet long and two feet high, and running quite away and fast. Even so, no maidens appeared.

By Spider on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:54 am:

Hmmm...yesterday I had French Toast Crunch (like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but...not) for breakfast (around 11 am). I had carrot sticks with hummus around 3 pm. I had pasta with diced tomatoes and sausage, and a cucumber salad for dinner around 7 pm.

This morning I had no breakfast.

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:34 am:

I had coffee and cigarrettes for breakfast. Who knows about lunch or dinner yet.

By Dougie on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:49 am:

Oh God, don't taunt me like that Eri. That used to be my favorite breakfast. Now it's just coffee.

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:44 am:

Sorry Dougie.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

This morning I wandered restless through half-deserted streets, recounting tasteless breakfasts in muttering retreats in one night cheap hotels, and found three muffin, apple butter, strong ca phe... and dully look to strong ca phe in cheesy hillbilly restaurants with oyster shells that scatter the floor in a tedious argument, as if to have, per chance, some insidious intent of yellow foglike smoke to rub its sorabjiback against my window pane.

Prufrock's Breakfast of Champions. Cigarettes, strong ca phe, and despair.

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

Hillbilly restraunts? Do they have a Rocky Mountain Oyster lunch special?

By spunky on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 03:44 pm:

Honey, you know they did not have any of those at the "Right Smancy Country Kitchen"

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 04:16 pm:

Of course not. It was a right schmancy restraunt in a hillbilly area. There is a difference. Excuse me while I remember that and laugh.

Also, remember that Mom likes to go to hillbilly restraunts in nice areas and order Rocky Mountain Oysters and brag on what a delicacy they are.

By droopy on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

picked up a jar of nopalitos at the store today - pickled cactus. they kind of taste like a pickled tomato. i'm not quite sure what to do with them, but i'm thinking of mixing them with corn for a salad.

By Dougie on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 06:09 pm:

Just discovered Saranac beer. It's probably just an upstate NY thing, but by all means if you can find it, try it. I like the English Pale Ale, but they've also got Belgian White, Pilsener, etc. www.saranac.com

Had Wellfleet oysters over the weekend -- sometimes my friend and I splurge and have them shipped down from a fish market in Orleans. Nothing like Wellfleets.

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 07:54 pm:

Ate lemon pepper pork steaks, pasta with brocolli in chicken sauce and wilted lettuce salad (old family recipe). Want more salad. Miss grandma's salad.

I noticed no one else commented on the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Does anyone else out there know what they are? I can guarantee they aren't oysters.

By droopy on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

in texas we calls 'em calf fries, miss eri.

By spunky on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:28 pm:

so, are they sheep balls or bull balls?

By droop on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:19 pm:

bull. a friend of mine once wondered if it would be ok for vegetarians to eat them, since the animal you are eating is still walking around somewhere. talk amongst yourselves.

By eri on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:13 pm:

That's funny droop. I am afraid that even past my vegetarian phase of life, I still won't eat them, because it sounds just plain gross. If I really want to taste some, well, I am a married woman.

By Spiracle on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:21 pm:

lets see...stayed home from work today and i ate...

for breakfast..leftover betty crocker cheesy potatoes au grautin...

for lunch..a baked potato w/ cheese and partially hydrogenated oil topped off with krispy kreme lemon filled and custard filled do-nuts..

then a turkey hot dog (w/ bun) with some more cheese..

and every so often i would cough up some phlegm and accidently swallow....

By Daniel ssss on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:57 pm:

Um Sounds Great.

And napolitos...yup...I tried sauteing them with garlic once; not bad. I ate em raw once, not exciting; added to stuff probably is better. I have some Mole in the pantry, and no idea what to do with it either.

I like the idea of pickled cactus, but they don't taste like cactus at all. And RMO don't taste like oysters either.

By droopy on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 12:44 am:

i'm really digging the nopalitos - the brand is la costeña and it's from laredo. they're in slivers and pickled with onions, coriander, and serrano peppers, but not hot at all. i've had a few "pears" from a prickly pear cactus, they grow wild here, but for the life of me i can't remember what they taste like, and i've never sauteed or in way cooked a cactus in my life. if i were given those pickled nopalitos in a blind taste test, i would probably guess they were pickled green tomatoes. at the store, in the mexican aisle, there is every form of preserved cactus: relish, diced, slivered, and whole - like a stack of green pancakes in a jar of formaldehyde.

eri - if you were given riscky's calf fries in a blind taste test, you wouldn't even think they were meat. they're so light and airy they taste like dumplings.

By Nate on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 02:14 am:

where the fuck has spiracle been? am i just retarded, or have we been in absence? where's my frickin painting?

i've had the saranac, dougie. it's not bad. friend of mine went to cornell and that's what he came back with.

yi ki yippe bo bippie.

By pez on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 02:32 am:

in reverse order.

rye toast with dijon nasoya and ketchup.
    pasta salad.
    french fries.
    ramen.
    beans.
    vegan herman sandwich with tabbouleh.
    orange.

a little bit here, a little bit there.... nosh nosh. yo nate.

By Spider on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:38 am:

I didn't eat all day yesterday, so when I got home I was hungray. I had:

a slice of left-over pizza
    a bowl of leftover pasta
    a bowl of broccoli
    2 blood oranges
    and later...two brownies

By Spider on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:48 am:

PS. My diet is usually better than that, but I was crazed.

By dave. on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:57 am:

today is eggs bennie day at the cafeteria. i have the cook trained to cook the eggs so the yolk is still runny but the whites are solid. i will lose my appetite over a runny white.

By eri on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:04 am:

Rocky mountain oysters are NOT light and airy! EWWWWW. My mom eats them all of the time. Tries to trick me into trying them. EWWWWW. They are tougher than chicken gizzards and shit like that! EWWWWW I refuse to eat RMO and Vennison. The thought of one grossed me out and the taste of the other grosses me out.

For the sake of Dougie, I had a cup of coffee for breakfast.

By droopy on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:27 am:

calf fries are. deep-frying hides many sins. i have venison every sunday - venison sausage made with jalapeños and cheese. i have it with eggs, toast, and maybe fried tomatoes. i love disgusting food. like menudo - spicy tripe soup. tripe is cow stomach and tastes slightly less delicious than congealed phlegm.

i've only just now put the coffee on. later on i'm going to have a tuna sandwich with cacti.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:31 am:

Thanks Eri.

Speaking of venison, I just got the Simpsons Road Rage Xbox game, and as you're driving along trying to destroy everything in sight, there's a billboard you pass that says, "Eat Deer". Cracked me up.

By Spider on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:32 am:

Dave, right on with your egg specifications.

By Spider on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:51 am:

Dougie! Have you seen the commercial for that game? (I assume you have.) Do the characters really make random comments throughout the game?

Moe's muttered "I hope that was a cat" kills me.

By Nate on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 11:08 am:

so easily killed, spider.

menudo forgives you for tequila sins.

and vice versa.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 11:11 am:

Yeah, they make comments all throughout the game. Sometimes they don't totally jibe, because after you drop someone off, say Otto, he'll still be thanking you for the ride even though Homer's gotten in the car and been riding for 10 seconds, or the drive will ask the passenger where he wants to go after the passenger has told him where to go. My favorites are when you pick up Ralph Wiggum and he says, "Let's go to the fox factory. Yay foxes!" or when Chief Wiggum is the driver and he hits somebody and he says, "Oh well, he was probably a criminal anyway" or Groundskeeper Willy saying, "Sorry about the stink. I was cleanin' out the puke buckets."

By Antigone on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

God, I love fried chicken livers.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 12:15 pm:

cut in half, a water chestnut sliver inserted in the center, wrapped with bacon, put back together with a toothpick, and broiled. Is how I like them.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 02:03 pm:

thus far...a fistful of sourdough with a sliver of butter and coffee.

By spunky on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

mmm fried chicken livers

By patrick on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

a cup of trader joe minestrone and a slice of sourdough

By eri on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

chicken nuggets and french fries.

By pez on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:39 pm:

punkhouse gourmet:

rye toast spread with dijon nayonaise and lemon pepper. "oriental style" top ramen with rosemary, dill, basil and marjoram on top. hot sauce and ketchup for garnish.

yum yum.

listening to kraftwerk. me and cassandra and selma are starting a girl gang called the trisexuals.

By droopy on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:46 pm:

tengo hambre para la pez.

By pez on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:00 pm:

if you enter that in babel fish it comes back "i am hungry for the fish." weird.

By droop on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

i know - "el pez" means fish in spanish. but only living ones. a dead one for eating is el pescado.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

oh pez im so proud of you.

By Spiracle on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:50 pm:

nate: memory of an elephant..i've forgotten what the original 'deal' was..

usually bbs have such high turnover..what warp hole did sorabji land in that all the same people are still around..amazing

By patr..... on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:52 pm:

we kinda don't have a choi......

By Antigone on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 05:28 pm:

codependency

By eri on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 05:36 pm:

masochism

By Platypus on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 06:44 pm:

fruit.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

I stick around for the free blowjobs and cheese sandwiches.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

There's cheese sandwichs?

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

Sadly, no. I just made that part up.

By eri on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 07:39 pm:

There are plenty of fruits, though! :)

By pez on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:04 pm:

getting ready to make burritos and then selma and i (cassandra's comin over later) are going to jam in the basement. electronics bikes and bamboo, oh yeah.

plenty of cheeze, do you want fruits or nuts?

By Platypus on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:05 pm:

I just had a burrito with a cute asian boy. lots of extra guacamole. yum.

By eri on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:38 pm:

I happen to be related to both fruits and nuts! And we are all really cheezy!

We went swimming and then got Jack in the Box for dinner!

By droopy on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:35 am:

i've got the wok heating right now. i think i'm going to stir fry some onions and brocolli, then throw in some rice, then some egg, and top it with sriracha HOT sauce.

and drink coffee.

By eri on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:37 am:

coffee again!

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:45 am:

Coffee and a shrinkwrapped buttered roll from the Dairy Barn (my local drive-thru convenience store). Coffee's great, the roll was ok.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:17 pm:

coffee.

type now, food later.

anyone have any original thought on the role of libraries in our society?

ANYONE? PLEASE?

By Nate on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:22 pm:

to provide a meeting place for NAMBLA.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

to give old ladies, spinsters, and single gay men over 60 something to do?

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:50 pm:

This isn't original, but maybe it will help you think:

Well, with all of the electronic resources available to libraries (like, *ahem*, my employer), lots more people have lots more access to almost any kind of information they could want. Most library school programs are called "Library and Information Science" precisely because of the move from hard-copy sources/books to electronic sources.

For example, our history service just acquired a whole bunch of primary sources written by a particular president (I would be more explicit but I'm afraid of competitor spies). Before, someone interested in his speeches/manuscripts would have to travel to that president's personal library, or search the National Archives, or comb through microfilm after locating a library that had such a thing. Now, if you're in a library that subscribes to the history service, you've got all the sources right there. Easy access to obscure material.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:56 pm:

the north american man/boy love association?

"there ought to have been a law against loving little boys, because their future is uncertain; they may turn out good or bad, either in body or soul, and much noble enthusiasm may be thrown away upon them; in this matter the good are a law to themselves, and the coarser sort of lovers ought to be restrained by force."

- Plato, "Symposium". a book in the library.

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

What's Plato got against little boys? That shit's true of all love.

Silly Plato.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:38 pm:

Antigone I fed your question into the Compu-BOT 3001 and came up with the following results.

Other similar test results may vary.

"TRUTH IS THE BURDEN I CARRY" - ARISTOTLE : "LYING GIT" - PLATO

10 % OF THE WORK TAKES 90% OF THE TIME.

10,000 MEXICANS

8 OUT OF 10 CATS PREFER OTHER CATS

A STITCH IN TIME SAVES BLOODLOSS

A1 DUKE OF NEW YORK

ABSOLUTE ZERO IS COOL.

ALL GOOD BOYS DESERVE SVENSKAS!!!

ALMODOVAR - YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!

AMERICAN GRAFITTI

ANARCHY IN THE U.K. - AND WHY NOT?

ANIMAZING - MORE BLEEPS PER BUCK!

ANNIES ARE COOL

ANYONE FANCY THE SUCHI?

ARNIES ARE COOL

ATOMIC SWING

AYE AYE, SKIPPER.

BE ALERT - THE COUNTRY NEEDS MORE LERTS

BEAVIS IS COOL - BUTTHEAD. HUH-HUH, HUH-HUH - BEAVIS

BIG MAK, FRIES TO GO

BILL & TED - DO THEY SHARE A BED?

BILL CLINTON = "LILL' BINT CON"

BILL CLINTON DOESN'T INHALE

BISON ARE GO!

BODACIOUS!

BONNI BRIMSTONE IS LARGER THAN LIFE

BOOM SHAGGA SHAGGA BOOM BOOM!

BOYS FROM THE DWARF

CATS LIKE PLAIN CRISPS

CHRISTMAS COMES BUT ONCE A YEAR - THANK GOD I'M
    NOT CHRISTMAS!!!

CIGARETTES ARE THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF STATISTICS

COMPLETELY OUT TO LUNCH, DUDE.

COOL HAND LUKE

DARWIN WAS WRONG

DEATH BY BOO-BOO

DIDACTIC PROLETARIANISM SUCKS.

DON'T EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

DON'T EAT CABBAGE

DURAN DURAN - NO. K. NO K.

EAT AT FRED'S

EAT LARD

EAT MY SHORTS

EL CIIIID!!!

ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR WATPERSON

ELVIS IS IN THE BUILDING.

EMMANUEL KANT BUT GENGHIS KHAN.

EXTERMINATED

FAITH NO MORE

FEELIN TWITCHY

FLOWER POWER RULES, BOUQUET?

FRANKIE SAYS :- "RELAX"
    FRANKIE SAYS :- "BEESWAX"
    FRANKIE SAYS :- "EXLAX"

FREE THE INDIANAPOLIS 500

GET ON THAT GROOVY TRAIN!!!

GIGANTIC!

GIVE ME TOAST OR GIVE ME DEATH!

GOOD SHOT, KURT!

GRAFITTI IS COOL

GROOVY!

GUIDANCE FAILURE ON LOVE MISSILE F1-11

HANGIN' AROUND.

HE WHO USES 'QUICKEN' LEAVES THE OFFICE LAST...

HEAD TRIP

HEY DUDE, WHAT'S 'APPNIN?

HI TO THE CLASS OF 82 - L.S.E

HIPPY GROOVESTERS REIGN

HISTA LA VASTA, BYBA

HISTORY IS BUNK - FORD ... MY BUNK IS HISTORY - BART

HOPE IS A WAKING DREAM.

I FEEL LIKE CHICKEN TONITE

I LIKE IT

I LOVE LUCY

I SAY WE NUKE THE SITE FROM ORBIT - IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE...

I WANT TO BE... A TREE.

I WANT TO BE... ALONE

I WANT TO BE... HAPPY

I'LL BE BACK...

I'LL BE DARNED - IF I WAS A SOCK

I'M PINK THEREFORE I'M HAM.

IAN HAS 2 SHEDS

ICE IS COOL

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS 'AARDVARK'

INSANE IN THE BUS LANE

INTENSE

IS A CASTRATED PIG 'DISGRUNTLED'?

IS IT TIME TO GO HOME YET?

IS VIC THERE?

IT'S SHOWTIME!

JACKO'S FAVORITE SONG? 'I'M FOR EVER BLOWING
    BUBBLES'...

JAZZMAG FRENZY

JIM MORISSON LIED WHEN HE SAID HIS PARENTS WERE DEAD.

NOW HIS PARENTS SAY HE'S DEAD. MAYBE THEY'RE LYING TOO...

JOHN WAYNE IS BIG LEGGY

JUICE!!!

KAMIKAZE SQUIRREL BIT MY NUTS

KANSAS CITY DREAMERS

KATY LIED

KEMOZABHE = "HORSE'S ASS"

KEYNES WAS RIGHT

KILROY WAS HERE

KRYTEN NEVER SHAVES

L7

LAGER FRENZY!

LAMP THE SUCKER!

LATER

LENINGRAD COWBOYS GO AMERICA!

LET THERE BE TOAST

LET'S TAKE A HOLIDAY IN PANICBURGH CITY

LETTIN' OFF STEAM

LIFE'S A BEACH AND THEN YOU FRY.

LISTEN UP!

LOVE & KISSES - MOM

LUMPFISH

MARIA FOR PRESIDENT!

MICKEY MOUSE IS A RAT

MOON RIVER, WIDER THAN A MILE; WHEN'S THE NEXT SODDING FERRY?

MORE FUN THAN FLYING TOASTERS, EH?

MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIUM OF THE MOOSES

MY DAD WENT TO LONDON AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY SCREEN SAVER...

MY DOG, YES; MY OL' LADY, MAYBE; MY HARLEY, NEVER!

NADA

NEVER

NEVER CARRY A PARCEL BY THE STRING

NEW YORK DOLLS

NIRVANA WAS A BAND, NOT A PLACE

NOBODY MESSES WITH ... COLUMBO

NOSTALGIA RULES, HOKEY COKEY.

NOT.

NUFF GRAFITTI, INNIT?

OEDIPUS WAS A NERVOUS REX!

OH NO! IT'S THE FAT SL*GS!

OH YES

ON THE LINE

OR*L S*X SUCKS

OUT TO LUNCH

PC PLOD HIDES HIS HELMET

PEACE LOVE AND HARMONY - THAT'LL DO NICELY

PEACE, LOVE AND MOVIE RIGHTS

PLUMPER THERAPY!

POT NOODLES - THE DEVIL'S OWN CONFECTIONARY.

PRETENTIOUS? MOI???

PROFESSIONAL TENNIS IS A RAQUET

PUBERTY CAN BE A HAIRY TIME...

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINISTS - TAKE THOSE SOCKS
    BACK!

RIDE A BIG HERRING INTO THE BLUE

RIP IT UP AND START AGAIN

SCHWING!!!

SCOTS RULE, OCH AYE!

SCREEN SAVERS ARE COOL

SEX IS ALL RIGHT, BUT IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE
    REAL THING...

SHAVEN YAKS ARE COOL

SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT TO ME.

SMOKER'S PHLEGM - POUND FOR POUND THE MOST
    DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE ON EARTH

SPAM! SPAM ! SPAM!

STONE ME INTO THE GROOVE

STONE THE CROWS - GO SPLIFF UP A TREE!

SVENSKLINGS RULE! JO HO!!!

SWEDE IS GOOD

SWEDENESS AND LIGHT - THAT'S RIGHT!

TAGS 'R' US ONLY COSTS US$25

THAT'S LOW, MAN.

THE BABY BOOMERS GOT ALL THE GOOD ROMPER SUITS

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE DUTY FREE

THE CHICKENS ARE RESTLESS...

THE FATMAN WAS HERE.

THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL IS LYING IN A HOLE

THE MAN FROM DEL MONTE HE SAY YOWSER!

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

THERE ARE MANY BARGAINS IN THE SHOPPING MALL OF
    LIFE.

THERE IS NO GRAVITY, THE EARTH SUCKS.

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE

THEY LIVE!

THINK! (OR THWIM)

TIME TO BOOGIE

TO BE OR NOT TO BE - SORRY, WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?

TOO LATE, BRAD DISCOVERED 'SQUID BE GONE'

TOPSHELF CONFUSION

TRIPLE-MIND BYPASS.

TRUST NO-ONE. BELIEVE NOTHING.

TRY 'PLATO', THE NEW GREEK WASHING UP LIQUID.

U.S. TROOPS OUT OF U.S!

UTAH SAINTS

UZI BOOGIE

VIDEO NASTY ATE MY PASTY

VOTE DEMOCRAT (FROM ORBIT) - IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO
    BE SURE.

VOTE REPUBLICAN - OR WE SHOOT YOUR DOG

WALLPAPER = VISUAL MUSAK

WE'RE CANNON-FODDER IN THE COGS OF CORPORATE CULTURE.

WELL BASTE MY STEAMING PUDDINGS!

WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU MA'AM!

WHAT'S UP, DOC?

WHEN IN DOUBT, GIVE IT A CLOUT.

WHEN THE BUS IS FULL, THE PUBLIC SHALL WALK THE EARTH...

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

WHEREVER YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE!

WHO PROGRAMMED THIS JAZZ?

WHOOPY F**KIN' DOO!

WOULD THE LAST PERSON TO LEAVE BRITAIN PLEASE TURN OFF THE LIGHTS?

YABBA DABBA DON'T

YO MOMMA WEARS OPEN TOED COMBAT SANDALS

YO!

YOKO ONO CAN'T PAINT FOR TOFU

YOU CAN COUNT ON THE DECIMAL SYSTEM

YOU CAN WITH A HARRIDAN!

YOU MAY EXPERIENCE RECEPTION DIFFICULTIES -DO NOT ADJUST YOUR WALL

YOU ONLY KNOW WHAT IS 'ENOUGH' AFTER YOU'VE HAD TOO MUCH.

YOU WOULDN'T LET IT LIE...

YOU'RE NEVER ALONE WITH A CLONE!

ZIP ZIP UNDO ME

ZORBA THE GREEK - BEFORE HE ZORBAS YOU.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

actually it was eryximachos. the argument was: there are two kinds of love - common love and heavenly love. common love is sexual attraction by an inferior man and is a waste. he chooses women or little boys because they are stupid and he only "cares to get something done, and care not whether well or not." heavenly love is something a man can only feel toward another man who is wise and experienced and has lubricant.

don't ask me. i just got a kick out the image of a bunch of guys in togas lazing around on couches discussing whether it's better to schtup boys or men.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

Hey Patrick. I got something for you:

LITTLE KNOWLEDGE CAN GO A LONG WAY

A LOT OF PROFESSIONALS ARE CRACKPOTS

A SINGLE EVENT CAN HAVE INFINITELY MANY INTERPRETATIONS

ABSOLUTE SUBMISSION CAN BE A FORM OF FREEDOM

ABUSE OF POWER COMES AS NO SURPRISE

ACTION CAUSES MORE TROUBLE THAN THOUGHT

ALIENATION PRODUCES ECCENTRICS OR REVOLUTIONARIES

ALL THINGS ARE DELICATELY INTERCONNECTED

AT TIMES INACTIVITY IS PREFERABLE TO MINDLESS FUNCTIONING

BOREDOM MAKES YOU DO CRAZY THINGS

CONFUSING YOURSELF IS A WAY TO STAY HONEST

DEVIANTS ARE SACRIFICED TO INCREASE GROUP SOLIDARITY

DREAMING WHILE AWAKE IS A FRIGHTENING CONTRADICTION

EATING TOO MUCH IS CRIMINAL

EVEN YOUR FAMILY CAN BETRAY YOU

EVERYONE'S WORK IS EQUALLY IMPORTANT

EXPIRING FOR LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT STUPID

FAKE OR REAL INDIFFERENCE IS A POWERFUL PERSONAL WEAPON

FATHERS OFTEN USE TOO MUCH FORCE

GRASS ROOTS AGITATION IS THE ONLY HOPE

HIDING YOUR MOTIVES IS DESPICABLE

HUMANISM IS OBSOLETE

HUMOR IS A RELEASE

IF YOU AREN'T POLITICAL YOUR PERSONAL LIFE SHOULD BE EXEMPLARY

IT IS MAN'S FATE TO OUTSMART HIMSELF

IT'S IMPORTANT TO STAY CLEAN ON ALL LEVELS

KILLING IS UNAVOIDABLE BUT IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF

LACK OF CHARISMA CAN BE FATAL

LOVING ANIMALS IS A SUBSTITUTE ACTIVITY

MEN ARE NOT MONOGAMOUS BY NATURE

MOTHERS SHOULDN'T MAKE TOO MANY SACRIFICES

MUCH WAS DECIDED BEFORE YOU WERE BORN

MURDER HAS ITS SEXUAL SIDE

OFTEN YOU SHOULD ACT LIKE YOU ARE SEXLESS

PEOPLE WHO DON'T WORK WITH THEIR HANDS ARE PARASITES

RAISE BOYS AND GIRLS THE SAME WAY

REVOLUTION BEGINS WITH CHANGES IN THE INDIVIDUAL

ROMANTIC LOVE WAS INVENTED TO MANIPULATE WOMEN

SLIPPING INTO MADNESS IS GOOD FOR THE SAKE OF COMPARISON

SLOPPY THINKING GETS WORSE OVER TIME

TAKING A STRONG STAND PUBLICIZES THE OPPOSITE POSITION

THE IDEA OF REVOLUTION IS ADOLESCENT FANTASY

THE IDEA OF TRANSCENDENCE IS USED TO OBSCURE OPPRESSION

THE MOST PROFOUND THINGS ARE INEXPRESSIBLE

TIMIDITY IS LAUGHABLE

TORTURE IS BARBARIC

WHEN SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS PEOPLE WAKE UP

WISHING THINGS AWAY IS NOT EFFECTIVE

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THE RULES YOU LIVE BY

YOUR OLDEST FEARS ARE THE WORST ONES

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

AWESOME!!!!

did the compu-BOT 3001 generate that report for you as well??

By agatha on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

you guys suck. except for spider.

anyone interested in proofing can email me.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

DIE FAST AND QUIET WHEN THEY INTERROGATE YOU OR LIVE SO LONG THAT THEY ARE ASHAMED TO HURT YOU ANYMORE.

YOU ARE SO COMPLEX THAT YOU DON'T ALWAYS RESPOND TO DANGER.

THE BEGINNING OF THE WAR WILL BE SECRET.

YOU ARE CAUGHT THINKING ABOUT KILLING ANYONE YOU WANT.

IN A DREAM YOU SAW A WAY TO SURVIVE AND YOU WERE FULL OF JOY.

IT IS IN YOUR SELF-INTEREST TO FIND A WAY TO BE VERY TENDER.

BODIES LIE IN THE BRIGHT GRASS AND SOME ARE MURDERED AND SOME ARE PICNICKING.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

i read a quote by george orwell last week that went something like:

SOME IDEAS ARE SO OUTRAGEOUS ONLY AN INTELLECTUAL COULD BELIEVE THEM.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

SHE NEVER TALKS TO ME LIKE THAT.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

YOU CAN'T PICK UP YOUR ASHES ONCE THEY'VE FALLEN.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

GO THE DISTANCE AND THE EARTH WILL LEAVE YOU.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

INTERMITTENT POLITICAL AQUIESCENCE IS NECESSARY TO BETTER UNDERSTAND YOUR ADVERSARIES.

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

WHAT THE FUCK?

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:13 pm:

WHO THE HEYNOW?

By spunky on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

HEY THERE HO THERE HI THERE

By Spider on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:27 pm:

CURIOSITY IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF MORAL DECAY.

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:35 pm:

INQUITIVENESS IS THE BLEEDING CLAWS OF AUTO-DA-FE.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

WASHES THAT REVERSE AND "HEAL" EARLY DECAY ARE UNDER DEVELOPMENT.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:01 pm:

nobody emailed me. i piss on your little compubot thing.

i'm incoherent.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

i don't feel im qualified to proof anything of such seriousness.

By Bubbles on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 08:19 pm:

You aren't qualified to proof much of anything

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 12:25 am:

Trade your lil verbose compubot for a quiet, omniscient, smiling, fair maiden anyday.

By patrick on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 11:41 am:

awwwwww bubbles.

would this demonstration of class on your part be considered "heat" ?

if so, im warmed

By Bubbles on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

heat, no not heat, just a statement of fact.

I never claimed to have any class.

If you're warmed take a cold shower.

By pez on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 03:50 pm:

a cold shower....

of blood! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

i'm hungry make me a political sandwich of a monkey's uncke on rye.

By agatha on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 11:29 am:

i finished my application, in case anyone was wondering. it turned out pretty good, if i do say so myself.

our post office got remodeled, and now it looks like kinko's. it's bizarre.

By Spider on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

Yay, Agatha!

So, did U of W ever get back to you regarding the GREs? (Or did I miss that post?)

By Dougie on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

Good luck, agatha. Hope everything turns out well for you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact