Dijon Chicken, that is my gift to Sorabji.com

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Dijon Chicken, that is my gift to Sorabji.com
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Christopher on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 12:53 am:
    The trick with this is to buy the more expensive chicken breasts. The cheaper ones are cheaper for a reason. Oh, and as far as the Dijon mustard is concerned, try this with the kind that has the seeds in it, not the usual grey Poupon, although that works too.

4 half chicken breasts
    flour
    4 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp oil
    1 cup dijon mustard
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
    2 tbsp chopped (FRESH) parsley
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp lemon juice

dust the chicken breasts lightly with flour, and saute in the butter and oil, until nicely browned on all sides. Remove and cool a little bit, then spread liberally with mustard (You have a whole cup there. USE IT). Put in a shallow baking dish.

cook the onion in the fat remaining from the chicken until golden, add the mushrooms and cook with the onions until soft. add the parsley, salt and pepper to taste - you won't need too much seasoning because of the mustard. Blend in the cream and let it heat through (Don't BOIL it! it only needs a minute or so). Pour this mixture over the chicken and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is tender when you poke it with a fork. Taste to see if it needs any more salt and pepper, and then sprinkle it with lemon juice. Serve this with plain rice.

This is the dish to make if your trying to impress someone, without busting your ass. They'll probably even want to have sex with you. It's that good!

By Markus on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 10:09 am:
    Now THAT's a topic we need here: Seductive Cooking. Talk about news you can use....

I've got both recipes printed out, and I'll be trying the meatballs this weekend. I'd post something in return, but unfortunately, I cook entirely by instinct and have no written recipes. Besides, I'm primarily a baker, and I'm only an adequate cook.

By Pete on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 10:58 am:
    Ya know I can't even print out the recipes...it doesn't work on this lousy system -- I get the titles and the names but none of the text. I had to write the meatballs recipe down by hand...*sigh* And now this one too.

By Markus on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 01:16 pm:
    Yeah, same here, so I did a copy and paste to Word or the clipboard and printed from there.

Laziness is the mother of invention, whereas necessity is just a mother.....

By Pete on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 01:27 pm:
    *smacks forehead* ughhh...I never thought of that. Cut and paste -- of course. Duh -- Am I stupid or is it just the weather in here?

By Christopher on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 03:30 pm:
    I just have a computer in my kitchen. It's an old MacIIci that I ethernetted to my main computer in the living room. Oh shit. I really am a geek, aren't I? I probably shouldn't mention the ethernet jack in my bathroom...

By Christopher on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 03:39 pm:
    Markus,
    The best cooks cook by instinct. I hope you like the meatballs, just make sure to have a BIG pot to cook it in. Low heat is important,as this is going to be on the stove for a while. I love that recipe, it reminds me of my childhood. My family is huge (8 kids), and my Dad had to learn to cook big. One of my fondest childhood memories is when we would go up to our vacation house in Spofford, New Hampshire for the summer. My dad had a frying pan made that is about 3 feet across, and he would make breakfast on an outdoor grill. 2 dozen eggs, bacon, sausage and blueberry pancakes (blueberries picked right off the bushes). If there is any way to post pictures in here, I would love to upload it. It's kind of surreal to see my Dad cooking on this thing.

By Christopher on Friday, February 20, 1998 - 03:39 pm:
    Markus,
    The best cooks cook by instinct. I hope you like the meatballs, just make sure to have a BIG pot to cook it in. Low heat is important,as this is going to be on the stove for a while. I love that recipe, it reminds me of my childhood. My family is huge (8 kids), and my Dad had to learn to cook big. One of my fondest childhood memories is when we would go up to our vacation house in Spofford, New Hampshire for the summer. My dad had a frying pan made that is about 3 feet across, and he would make breakfast on an outdoor grill. 2 dozen eggs, bacon, sausage and blueberry pancakes (blueberries picked right off the bushes). If there is any way to post pictures in here, I would love to upload it. It's kind of surreal to see my Dad cooking on this thing.

By Some dumb nigger on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

i want fucking bacon pictures.Understand?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact