Food-eating battle monkeys!

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Food-eating battle monkeys!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

I don't get it, but it makes me laugh.

Fight me!

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

kazoo
    the Coconut-Eating Spider Monkey
    Battle Rating : 7.9

vs.

spider
    the Crumpet-Eating Kung-Fu Monkey
    Battle Rating : 7.6

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

forgot this part:

kazoo wins!

By Spider on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

Hee! Crumpets!

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

(I really couldn't help myself)

Spunky
    the Caviar-Eating Skeleton Monkey
    Battle Rating : 4.1

vs.

Patrick
    the Toast-Eating Paladin Monkey
    Battle Rating : 7.0

Patrick wins!

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:25 pm:

It's better like this

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

By Spider on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:34 pm:

Oh, man, type in George and see what you get. BWAHAHAHA!

I'm not going to get any work done today...

By semillama on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 03:37 pm:

I'm a gruel-eating flying monkey with a battle-ratign of 4.0.

By Spider on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

Kazoo, what's your email address?

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

By eri on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

I am a haggis eating fez monkey rated 7.1

By Antigone on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

At least you're not the 5 of cups...

By Spider on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

Kazoo, I sent you a little sumthin sumthin....

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

why 5?

5 of cups would be bad, if it's what i am thinking. on the oblongs, there is a character who might be called the ace of cups.

By Antigone on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 05:23 pm:

5 of cups is the most depressing card in the deck.

By kazoo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

I see...that's not the deck I read from. The 7 & 8 are the most depressing.

By Hehehe on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

trace
    the
    Chip-Eating Spider Monkey

Battle Rating : 4.2
    vs
    patrick
    the
    Toast-Eating Paladin Monkey

Battle Rating : 7.0

patrick wins!

By wisper on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

dude.
    5 of cups is my fav card.
    that and 2 of swords.

(the images on them. I'm not that found of loss and conformity.)

i'm making my own deck. i have 6 cards done. I decided just to aim for the major arcanna first. This may take the rest of my life.

By eri on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:26 pm:

In my naive insanity I am guessing we are talking about tarot cards. I don't know a thing about them, but wouldn't mind learning.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 08:37 am:

I love that picture! When I was in 8th grade and into that sort of thing, I painted the 5 of cups on a big wooden panel for my final art project...it looked really good by my 13-y-o standards.

This was my favorite card, though I bet you could have guessed that. My fascination with blindfolded figures in art continues to this day.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 09:34 am:

Wisper, when I was in high school, I made my own deck of 36 cards of symbols found in fairy tales and Celtic mythology. (Let's see....for example, the swan, the nettles, the rowan tree, the hazel nut, the wren, the mouse, the horse, etc.) I painted them in acrylics and watercolors on heavy-stock watercolor paper. I might still have them at my dad's house...

I was very much into researching paganism and Wicca, etc. at that time, and I remember planning to "officially" become pagan when I went away to college. Instead, though I went to a school with a large pagan population, I became a much more serious Catholic! Funny how that worked out.

It's funny, too, that though I completely accept the Catholic theology and moral framework, and I have no desire to leave the church, I sometimes miss the days when I seriously believed in magic.

By Antigone on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 10:21 am:

Become a Cleric, then. You get to carry a mace and cast all the healing spells you want.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 10:25 am:

Yeah! I could even resurrect people!

By semillama on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 11:48 am:

Plus you could turn undead!

Spider would make a really good cleric, good call Antigone.

She'd also make a great paladin.

I was in an AD&D game once where one guy was playign a lawful good paladin, and he kept getting us into barfights because he was always defending the honor of barmaids. That was a hoot.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:02 pm:

I'm neutral good, myself, so I think that bars me from being a paladin. Besides, I don't like to get my hands dirty -- long-range magic it is!

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

you guys are getting scary dorky again.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

Patrick, I swear, I almost posted about how I had spent 15 minutes searching for the AD&D 3rd edition rules online so I could provide a source for my claim that paladins had to be lawful good, just so you could laugh at me, but then I was interrupted.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

Where the hell is everybody today? WRITE MORE.

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:54 pm:

well duh. when you get into the suppa-dork you kinda scare people away.

i see no one wants to talk abotu Grenadian twin pop stars either.

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

i havent felt like workin for a week now.

so, im not one to talk. i've chatting up the mundane for a while.

ive never been more distracted. they realize this, thankfully and let me slide.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

Hey, we're all dorks here, one way or another.

What do you do all day? I mean, literally -- do you work on spreadsheets or make tons of phone calls to suppliers or....what? What does your job entail?

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:59 pm:

When I was in junior high I didn't have enough friends for D&D so I become addicted to Infocom computer games like the Zork series and Wishbringer and stuff like that.

That's the kind of dork I was...am...you know

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

yes to all of the above spider. phone calls are rarely more than 3 minutes. emails are brief, spreadsheets are terribly mundane but i can so rock the 10-key that they take me no time to update.

there's very little growth these days in my industry so we are kinda riding out a storm. they know this, so these days the expectations are bit low.

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

"i havent felt like workin for a week now"

I wonder why. Maybe we can help out:

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby

come on! everyone...give a shout for the wee bairn!

MILKDUD!!! COME OUT AND PLAY MILKDUD!!! DADDY'S WAITING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

exactly. today is her due actual date, revised from the 1st a few months back.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

see. i can even form cohesive sentences.

"look at me baby, im hysterical."

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

can I still call her milkdud after she's born?

By patrick on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:44 pm:

of course

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:46 pm:

How can you stand it? I mean you prepare and prepare, but just over the course of a day or so, you are going to go from not having the baby to OH MY GOD THAT'S MY BABY THERE ON THAT BLANKET.

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

It must be weirder for the mother -- I can't imagine what it must feel like to know that there is someone else living inside your body!

And then 20 years later, looking at the 6' hairy monster your son has become and thinking, "he used to be that tiny creature that lived in my abdomen"...freaky!

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

"And then 20 years later, looking at the 6' hairy monster your son has become and thinking, "he used to be that tiny creature that lived in my abdomen"...freaky!"

That mussbe how misses chewbacca felt

By eri on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:12 pm:

I don't know about 20 years later. I haven't got that far yet. As they get older you get distracted from that with all of the other things you have to take care of with them. Sometimes, though, when I am rocking with Micki, I still get that warm fuzzy you get when you are rocking your baby and I miss that.

I just look at the girls and I can't believe how much time has flown by and how quickly it has.

Micki is almost 4 now. Hayley is almost 9. Shit, I am almost 29. The last 10 years have been a blur they have passed me by so quickly with all of the things I have had to do to try and be a good parent. I am just glad that I am done with potty training completely!!!!!!! Forever!!!!!!!

By kazoo on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:20 pm:

By Spider on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

Holy cow, Eri, you're only 4 years older than I am. I'm such an overgrown kid compared to you.

I'll be 25 in June, and oh brother, is that a shock. I usually feel 20 or so.

Except when I'm righteously pissed off. Then I feel like some primeval force of nature freshly awakened from a 2-million-year slumber. Those are good times.

By eri on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:43 pm:

Kazoo, that is great. You have NO IDEA how true that is with my two girls! Hayley is a big WIMP, I mean worse of a wimp than I ever was. Micki is my wild child who isn't about to take much shit off of anyone.

Sometimes, when I can get a break from the everyday routine, I feel young. When I have a girls night out (that is comfortable) then I feel young and 21 and sexy and alive, but that hasn't happened since I have been in Texas.

Shit, Hayley just got in from school and she asked if she could split a package of starburst with her sister and the next thing that happened was Hayley saying "Mom, I think I chipped a tooth" and she handed me one of her molars! Fuck, I didn't lose those teeth until I was like 12!!!! This shit makes me feel OLD!!! She just walked in and asked me to check if it stopped bleeding and the adult molar is halfway through already. DAMN.

Sometimes I feel like I am one step away from being a poster child of a suburban house wife.
    Hi, my name is Eri. I am a "homemaker". I drive a minivan. I joined the PTA. I buy my children preppy, brand name clothes from the Gap. I wear jeans and t-shirts with a vest and always have a perfect hair do. My house is immaculately clean.

Fuck I hate that image. I hate it when I look around and that is what I see. June Cleaver in the year 2003. I hate it.

I love it when I feel hot and young and pretty and maybe even wild. Where I dance around like an idiot (it doesn't matter where I am so long as the music is good) and don't have ten tons of parental worries, if only for a short time. Where I can be just like any other person in their 20's and just enjoy myself.

Damn do I need a night out. Shit. It has been over a year since I have actually gone out and just had fun. Maybe this is part of why I feel so damned old lately.

By trace on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

I am sorry you are so miserable....

By eri on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

It isn't your fault.

By Lapis on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 02:11 am:

By Lapis on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 05:41 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact