cows

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: cows
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By BK on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 02:15 am:
    hi don't you just love to eat cows?

By R.C. on Monday, February 23, 1998 - 08:13 pm:
    Yes! I am an unrepentant carnivore. Give me a thick slice of cow/rubbed with fresh crushed garlic cloves/cayenne pepper/a little cumin powder & some black pepper/grilled til it's med. rare yet almost tender enuf to cut with a fork/& I Am In Heaven! I love steak. I'm not really into roast beef/or burgers/or ribs/or any other cow parts. But a porterhouse or a t-bone/esp. from Coleman's.... ummmmmm.

By Golden Boy on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 09:17 am:
    Went to Ruth Chris' steak house recently, if you ever been any commercial airliner with their own sky magazine you see these steakhouse ads plastered over them {something about steak and flying} anyhow there is one in NY, Chicago, LA, Miami, and Seattle)

Anyhooow, I had their Angus Beef steak...med. rare. It was a slice of heaven..1/3 pound of steak (COOKED!) with sweet redness flowing from under it with a slice cut out to show it's pinkish insides and a dash of cilantro sitting on top of the black pepper chunks on the steak...hmmmmm.... i could never be a full vegetarian for that reason alone...
    come to think of it, i practically am with the exception of steaks.....

or how about steak fajitas??!?!!!

damn i need to eat something...

By PetRock on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 01:28 pm:
    There is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Washington DC too...never been there though. And what's with that name?

By Spiracle on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 01:41 pm:
    *grumble*
    damn you all...
    i just had a
    totinos frozen
    pizza, regular
    price 99 cents
    and all i can think
    about are moist,
    and tender filet mingon!
    argh!!!

thanks, thanks alot..

By Markus on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 01:53 pm:
    There are two around DC (Dupont Circle and Crystal City) and another in Baltimore. I had one of the best meals of my life at the Dupont one. Eight years ago and I still remember it well (and I'm a westerner who knows his grain fed beef). If you've got about $70 a head to do it right (al a carte sides, good wine, armagnac and cappucino afterwards) I definitely recommend it.

The original Chris Steak House in New Orleans was bought years ago by a woman named Ruth who tacked her name on the front. Now the things are all over, including two in Taiwan. Beats McDonalds.

By Semi-vegi on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 03:50 pm:
    I don't eat cows anymore, haven't for at least 10 years. Or chickens or lambys or piggies either. Fishies, sometimes. Lobsters, whenever and wherever I can get somebody to buy me one...

I'm not "religious" about it, but have reached the point where, even if provided an opportunity and I take a bite, the taste is unappetizing and the texture is like fatty leather... (yes, even the good cuts). Hamburgers are almost inedible - it's just a collection of grease and gristle... Chicken, likewise, tastes like bloody sawdust.

However, I still have memories of meat tasting delicious. Those memories are probably locked away in an inaccessible room now, labeled Desires Which Will Never be Fulfilled Again... Maybe it was the A-1 sauce... If I could just find a way to do A-1 sauce with eggplant...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 04:37 pm:
    I think Chris is the way the steak is cooked. Ruth is the proprietor. Wanna go sometime Petrock?

By Ruths CHRISTOPHER steakhouse. on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 05:25 pm:
    Christopher is the way steak SHOULD be cooked. No one cooks steak like ME. dammit. And that Ruth has got some explaining to do, what with her trying to fool the public. I'll gladly have a barbeque showdown anytime Ruth is ready.

By R.C. on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 07:43 pm:
    I wd give up meat forever if someone agreed to buy me lobster & shrimp & blue crab (backfin meat only, pls.) every day. Shellfish is my real addiction. Beef may be bad for ya/but at least it's affordable. Truthfully/I think anyone can eat one steak a week & stay healthy. It's the BGH & antibiotics & ground-up carcasses they feed the cattle that ruin them -- & you/if you eat too much beef. Which is why once a week is pretty much my limit. One day/I will go to Argentina -- where I'm told the finest beef on the planet is raised -- find the best restaurant in the country & order an enormous steak dinner with the works!

By Spiracle on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 09:57 pm:
    what about all that polluted water that
    crustacians swim around in and filter through
    their flesh?? this may be a dumb guestion,
    but what's so great about back fin meat?
    and um..where is it? like..iunno..
    i didn't think there was much meat in their
    back fins..if any at all..but i don't
    claim to know..

um..so..

By Kandi on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 06:55 pm:
    Okay, so, like what's so great about vegetables? I mean, they're grown in the ground... which is, like, DIRT! I mean, I'm sure! It's all dirty and there's worms and stuff! EEEWWWW! Vegetarians gross me out the door!

By Pete on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 08:39 pm:
    I don't understand any of this! CHRIS is the way the steak should be cooked??? What does THAT mean?

IMHO, the name is fukked up and that's all there is to it. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse my ass.

Didn't know there was one in Crystal City though...

By Markus on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 08:58 pm:
    Nice view of the new National, with planes coming in and taking off. Otherwise, the ambiance is better at Dupont.

By Hannah on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 09:13 pm:
    I am sorry to say that I'm turning more and more vegetarian. All I eat that is considered meat is chicken. No red meat, pork, seafood...

I am even more so now ever since this last Friday, my mom ran over a racoon while it was crossing the street, and it went bump. She couldn't avoid it - it was dark. My friend's grandpa did that on the way home from a Sonics game, and I thought I was going to puke.

I just hate hurting animals... and then I start thinking, what if that racoon was a mother, and was bringing food to her young, or if it was pregnant?

I once saw a pregnant snake dead in front of my house, and I saw the little snakes moving inside of it.

By PetRock on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 10:53 pm:
    Oh, I think I'm gonna projectile vomit here...

By Hannah on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 11:33 pm:
    And hey, I actually saw it, so how do you think I feel? Don't you think I have a right to not like eating animals?

Actually this summer, I stayed in France, and the family I stayed with made stuff with pork and roast. I ate it, but damn did I feel guilty. One time we went to a restaurant and I had pigeon and a piece of duck. I've also had quail.

Right now, my cat is licking her butt, damn does that make ME hungry.

By PetRock on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 06:19 am:
    Nuthin' like a good piece of cat ass to make one hungry!

By Huffy on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 09:26 pm:

I happen to run a Ruths Chris Steakhouse in FL. If you want the story of the name, ask me, and I'll tell ya ! EAT BEEF EVERYDAY !!

By Spiral on Monday, July 2, 2001 - 10:28 am:

I'll bite. What's with the name?

By Dougie on Monday, July 2, 2001 - 10:50 am:

Whatever the answer is, it's still a pretty dumb name. I think Ruth is the mother and Chris is the son. They do have good steaks though, served on a plate with melted butter.

By Nate on Monday, July 2, 2001 - 11:17 am:

if you eat beef every day you'll have colon troubles.

your ass is your most important organ. take good care of it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact