Caramel lollies

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Caramel lollies
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 04:38 am:

From weight watchers of all places. Absolute rip in price, but if I want to lose 15 kilos by Tarn's wedding I have to do something. She's joined with me, so at least I have someone to laugh with me at the meetings. Which are bad.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 04:40 pm:

I love that big gal on American t.v.ROSANNE,she looks good enough to eat,also that Ruby Wax is so sexy.I hope them big gals dont ever lose any weight.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

p.s. Ruby Wax may not look that big,but i swear she is held together with corsets.

By eri on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 08:15 pm:

Roseanne Barr annoys me to death. I thought she was funny when she did the commercials for Ralphs grocery store, pigging out and being herself, but after that she just annoyed me more and more until I finally can't stand her. She just bugs me.

I have no idea who Ruby Wax is, but I wouldn't mind a corset myself. Maybe, just maybe I would look like I have some boobies then :)

By moonit on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 03:07 am:

Ruby Wax rocks,

I've got 1/2 point left and its dinnertime and I'm hungry fuckit.

Somehow I screwed up?

By moonit on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:18 am:

Sarah - how the fuck did you stop from going hungry? I'm starving and I've eaten heaps today, including stacks of salad, drunk nearly 2 litres of water. eek!

By Hal on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

Crackers and dry ramen, the stable of any good poor diet.

By Spider on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

Moonit, there are amino acids you can take to reduce food cravings -- look in your chemist's or grocery store's vitamin section. Phenylalanine makes you feel less hungry in general, and glutamine reduces sugar cravings.

By spunky on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:31 pm:

the name of this thread reminds me of sugar daddys. I miss the days when I could eat one of those and nothave it kill my teeth.

MMMMM
    Sugar Daddys

By Dougie on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

I lost a filling to those fuckers.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

Drinking lots and lots of water is good for you, You should be able to drink as much as you want.

When's the wedding?

I've heard that if you eat alot of less processed foods that contain high amounts of fiber and water it'll help. Like watermelon or something.

I'm gonna brag here, I'm filling-free!

By moonit on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

Thanks Spidy.

I drink heaps of water Lapis. Working in a/c makes ya do that.

The wedding is in January. 16 weeks.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

Eri,Wonderbra adverts say you can have INTSTANT BIG BOOBS,is this true?

By J on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

Yea it's true

By Nate on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 05:18 pm:

atkins, moonit. you can drop 15 kilo in 16 weeks no problem, and you'll never be hungry.

and i'm filling free, too. suckas.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

Nate,of course the only down side of atkins is the bad breath and severe flatulance,but thats cool cuz my computer has no sence of smell or hearing.

By TBone on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

Amphetamines work too.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:12 pm:

And no flatulance.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

Atkins also is awful for your liver. Didn't he drop dead at 60-something? Pretty young for a so-called health guru.

Cabbage, beans and cucumbers are gonna cause flatulence but they're good for you. Use some bean-o or something if you can find it.

I've heard speed is really good for losing weight, you completely lose the desire for food and run around crazily all the time.

Are you exercising Moonit? Do you walk alot? Increasing your daily physical activity might help too.

By Platypus on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 07:09 pm:

Moonie when I did the WW I found that preplanning my meals was a good call--figuring out what I would eat the next day the night before and budgeting all my points out to the minimum with a few left over in case of emergency.

Also--rice cakes are low point--usually about one points, and they fill you up good. I ate a lot of rice cakes and carrots. So is popcorn. You can GORGE on popcorn w/out toppings and it's like two points for six cups or something crazy.

And yeah, excercise like mad.

By eri on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 09:55 pm:

V.V. the wonderbra is my savior.....My natural A cup appears more like a b/c depending on which bra I wear. My water bra is even better. Natural looking C cup. Looks really good on my small frame.

By Hal on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

Coke, Meth, Various forms of flesh eating virus.

Tried and prooven ways to loose weight.

By dave. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 11:12 pm:

cancer will slim you right up.

mononucleosis, too. my brother got mono when he was 17 or so and lost 20+ lbs in the 2 weeks he was down. and he's skinny to begin with.

he's a skinny bastard. fuck you, bill!!

By Nate on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

atkins is not awful for your liver. that's a myth. and he dropped dead because he slipped on some ice and cracked his head open.

and no farting. the farting goes away on atkins.

the beer is what the farting is from.

By Nate on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 11:58 pm:

i'm down 40lbs from december. i lost 30lbs in just over 2 months.

By Antigone on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:08 am:

It ain't your liver it's hard on, it's your kidneys.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:16 am:

bah. protein is a large molecule and therefore more taxing on your kidney than other molecules.

but, your kidneys can take it.

By Antigone on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:41 am:

It's the ketones, man!

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:17 am:

that's just a misconception about atkins. just because you're in ketosis doesn't mean you're doing damage to your kidneys.

By Lapis on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:46 am:

You do eat less because of the limitations on your diet, I think.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:06 am:

on atkins you eat less because animal fat is what tells the brain to stop eating. it is a natural part of our dietary system.

i ate a ton more food than normal the first few weeks of atkins and i still dropped weight like crazy. ask ehahether, she knows.

you guys are nailing all the standard misconceptions of the atkins diet, though.

By Antigone on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 05:45 am:

And you're hitting all the...all the...FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

By moonit on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 05:51 am:

I'm not discplined enough for atkins. I need a weigh in to keep on track with random strangers.

Today was better foodwise - I went to a health shop and talked to a chick who has me taking spirulina - she thinks it might help the cravings. I guess we'll see.

Have been trying to get to the gym all week - but with the new job have been absolutely knackered. Am going tomorrow with mum, and with Tarn on Sunday.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 09:48 am:

I *deep breath*, I have started aerobics classes again at my apartment complex's gym. We're doing a step-aerobics plus weightlifting method, and it's neat because there are many different ways you can increase your workout as you progress, so it's good for all levels of fitness. Since I just started (on Wednesday), I didn't use any weights and used the smaller steps. As I continue, I can use the bigger steps, or I can add weights of different mass, or I can do a combination of both. Whatever I feel up to that day.

The thing that motivates me the most is seeing how I've progressed each subsequent time. On Wed., for example, we did these modified leg lifts -- I could only do about 5 before the burn set in, and by the end of the routine I could barely lift my leg off the floor. I bet tonight I'll be able to go a little longer before tiring. Last year, I took this same class for a month, and by the end of the month I was able to do the whole leg lift set without tiring.

By semillama on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:13 am:

I'm headed back to the gym next week, and I started a low-carb diet again yesterday. the key to this one is that it's built into a cookbook, so I combine healthy eating with learning to cook better.

I haven't been hitting the FUCKx100 for almost two weeks now....

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:08 am:

i don't want to talk about the FUCKx100.

jesus christ, it just doesn't look good.

By TBone on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:15 am:

I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to eat on Atkins. I'd slim right up because everything I can think of to eat is always mostly carbs.
    I tried out the fitness room at my new apartment complex. It was fun, except the damn super-combo weight thinger is going to take some figuring out. I'm used to different machines for each muscle group.
    This thing's like a transformer.

By kazu on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:25 am:

Today I am going to rent a locker in the gym.

I have found that I'm more likely to go if most of what I need to work out is already there.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:45 am:

TBone, when you start Atkins, basically all you eat is meat (fish, chicken, eggs, beef, etc) and green vegetables. Cheese, butter, cream, mayonnaise, and other low-carb condiments are also allowed. No sugar of any kind -- no fruit, no breads, no starchy vegetables, no pasta, no honey, no nuts, etc.

Your daily carb intake should be less than 20g.

Eat that way for at least two weeks. (Two weeks is the default, but you can stretch it longer if you want.)

After two weeks, increase your carbs so that one week you're eating 25g/day, the next week your eating 30g/day, etc. You can start eating nuts and berries, then moving to (I believe this is the order) more starchy vegetables, other fruits, and finally whole-grain breads.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:46 am:

Oh my God, I used the wrong form of "you're."

By Hal on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

DOOMED!!!

By Czarina on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

I've heard leeches can be helpful with weight loss.

AND, they don't cause flatulence.

By Dougie on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

What, they're low in calories?

By patrick on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

lapis, what do you think is in most diet pills? speed, of one form or another.

i hope i never reach the point where i feel the need to go on any consistant and serious diet. it seems the more you focus on it, the more likely you are to screw it up. sensible and moderate eating and exercise habits are the key of course. but then again, i suppose im lucky, as Im not one to turn to food when depressed, or have an obnoxious sweet tooth. I'll grant its harder and harder to be sensible these days.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

i dunno about that last part, cz. i mean, maybe it was the beer, but the last time i ate a big plate of leeches i had assthunder for days.

By Dougie on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

I ate a 1 lb. 12 oz. can of B&M Baked Beans for dinner last night, with 2 Nathan's hot dogs, an avocado, and a tomato. Talk about assthunder...

By Dougie on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:45 pm:

I always thought the B&M name was very fitting for those beans.

By semillama on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 12:58 pm:

The low-carnb I started isn't as intense as atikins, so we'll see how it works. It works you up to a zone-type diet. It starts you off at 30-40 grams a day. Yesterday I had something like 120 g of protien and 44 g of carbs. I had sizzling ham and tomatoes today for breakfast. probably a salad or something like that with chicken for lunch.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

How do you like that diet, Sem? Were you on Atkins before? (can't remember)

A coworker of mine is on the South Beach diet, which sounds a lot like Atkins (including 2-week induction period), but is a little more lenient. (It allows legumes during the first 2 wks, for ex.) I'll ask her more about it.

By patrick on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

Nate have you ever had Duke's mayo?

I remember you saying once, re: mayo "just give me a spoon".

and i recently had some Duke's, downsouth, and realized I had forgotten what really really good Mayo tasted like.

By Dougie on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

How does it compare with Hellman's? I hate when you ask for mayo and they give you that Miracle Whip crap.

By patrick on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

childsplay dougie.

Dukes is fattening and rich. Southerner's don't cut corners in these matters.

By Czarina on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:41 pm:

You must have been eating Asian leeches, cause everyone knows that they consistently produce the thunder from down-under!

Its genitically engineered leeches you need. They've cleverally spliced 3 different genotypes together, so you get the best all in one amazing leech!

1]They have consistently been proven to reduce your overall weight, by effectively reducing your blood volume.[YES! Its true. Now YOU can decde how fast and how much weight loss you desire,right in the privacy of your own home!]

2] They are so sickening,that you'll be able to eat very little, if any at all.[Watch those pounds melt away!

And, for the most innovative genetic capability of all...............

3] They are completely gas free! And now, you can be,too!Thats right, you heard me correctly!!!!

These little gems have been genitically altered, to ingest any foul and maloderous flatus in your intestinal tract. {You'll never poot in public again!]

However, the manufactuer suggests that you limit your intake of all gas producing foods, as on race occasions, a few clients have reported,undesirable side effects.

It seems, that after ingesting the flatus, the leeches tend to drift/crawl upwards, and try and lodge themselves on the skin of the upper torso, looking somewhat like hemorrhoids. Occasianly, [due to their gas content], they can not maintain their position, and have been known to completely leave the skin surface, and become airborn.

When this occurs, unfortunately, the leeches tend to loose their sphinctor control, and release the noxious gases right there and then.

It is a sight to see! Kinda like a roomful of hemorroids, floating around pooting out juicy poots.

All of the people that have used this method , are all satisfied with their weight loss.

By semillama on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:04 pm:

Praise Czarina! That was great!

Spider, I picked this up. I like how she presents the recipes, it really helps me out. She gives you the order in which to prepare items, a grocery list and a list of things to use that should be in your staples, all in the margin for easy reference. So far, so good, although I have already modified a couple things to make them more convienent.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:13 pm:

Wow, that looks handy. I could use something like that... I have this, but it's not very good. A lot of the recipes are, like, green beans + almonds. Gosh, who would have thought?

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:30 pm:

So,looks like most sorabjis are fat,myself also.,i only have about 3-4 inches of fat on my gut,but even so,i havent seen Mr.Wobbley for ten years [unless i use a mirror]

By Lapis on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

When you cut yourself off the speed, that's the problem.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

i've never had dukes.

i like the best foods/hellmans.

mm. mayo.

By dave. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

i like the saffola kind.

i also like big h sandwich spread with the relish in it.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

Eri,you went from an A cup to a C cup in one go?amazing,so boob inserts may be a thing of the past?myself,i think theres nothing like the real thing [and i dont mean Coca Cola]big or small,dont matter,long as there real.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

This thread allways makes me feel munchy,so i just been pigging out on a giant pork leg from the back of the fridge.

By Spider on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:11 pm:

I'm embarrassed that I write so much about diets.

By kazu on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

Don't worry about it Spider, I still think way too much
    about food. If we are going to talk about strict weight-
    loss the thing that has worked for me for the past year is
    skipping meals and running around all over the place.
    This is due to stress, I don't skip meals on purpose,
    although if it means I lose five pounds without thinking
    about it, I don't complain.

However, this weight is quick to return at the first sign of
    rest and relaxation.

By Hal on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 05:35 pm:

Damnit... I wake up hungry, I think, "food thats a good idea." I swear to god I'm going to Taco Hell now.

By moonit on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

I'm going to be food obsessed for the next month, and then I think I will have this hunger thing under control.

Had pancakes for breakfast this morning. Why is it that I don't feel like I need to eat on weekends, but starve when I'm at work?

Stupid body.

By Lapis on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 07:47 pm:

Can't stop and eat 'til at least six. I had some coke and jojos at work and that's been my food so far today. Bikes and friends and paper are way more important than food.

By eri on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 09:01 pm:

I am back to forcing myself to eat. I have no desire to eat food. I just don't care. If I eat one meal a day, it's normal. I just don't have the desire to eat anymore. If I try to eat two meals a day I end up getting sick like I ate too much.

VV, with my oldest daughter I went from a b cup to a d cup, and then at the end stayed a c cup for the longest time, but after I had micki so early they all shrunk down to an a cup. It depresses me. They may be all mine and all natural, but damn. I would pay the money for a boob job if I had it. I miss the ability to create cleavage, let alone have any naturally.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:09 pm:

I am sitting on the crapper reading a book. I’m pretty much done with the movement, but the book is good so I’m trying to reach the end of the chapter before the red ring develops. That and this particular shit smells good to me. Like bread baking.

Behind me is a small window and behind it is a set of wooden stairs leading to a row of apartments. These are the stairs that creak and wake me in the morning. Two normal sized people and one rather large person go to work at roughly 6 am. I’ve never seen these people, but you get a good indication of their relative sizes by the degree to which the stairs protest as they descend.

As I am sitting, post-shit, reading rapidly towards the end of the chapter, I hear the complaint of the stairs and two female voices. They pause on the stairs and grow silent. I stop reading and start trying to remember if the cheap, off white blinds were turned vanes up or vanes down. From their raised vantage are they peering down into my bathroom? I don’t want to look, just in case the blinds are vanes down and by turning I meet the stares of these women.

I was just wearing shorts when I entered the bathroom. The shorts are now about my ankles and for all intents and purposes I am naked on the throne. I like shitting shirtless, especially on hot days like today. I like the feel of still air on my back, stretched taut as I lean forward, elbows on knees, book in hands. The bathroom is a little stuffy and smells like bread baking. Well, to me anyway. I hope they can smell my shit.

Their voices start again. The stairs groan. The women make odd cackling laugh noises, allowing me to place their ethnicity and socio-economic status with some degree of accuracy. Maybe not great accuracy, considering I tend to make my judgments from behind closed blinds and rarely verify.

As their voices fade into the distance I throw the bookmark in and shut the book. The disruption blew the momentum that made me want to reach the end of the chapter. I start pulling squares from the wall. It’s dark, I’ve been drinking a lot of wine. I like the way my penis looks today.

I reach down and grab my shorts and pull them up as I’m standing up.

I hit my head dead center on the corner of the sink.

By Hal on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:37 pm:

Ow fuck.

By eri on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:43 pm:

Yeah, that hurts just thinking about it. I am so happy that my toilet isn't near my sink or I can't tell you how many times I would have done the exact same thing, though without the noise of the neighbors or the window.

When I am totally sober I tend to walk into the corners of the coffee table and bruise the shit out of my shins and calves, but when I have been drinking, I don't have that problem. I have been drinking frequently lately, so maybe that explains the lack of bruises on my legs :)

By Platypus on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:24 am:

Maybe you and I should trade boobs for a day, Eri.

Sorabji International Boob Trade Day has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Nate, I just manufactured a most impressive poop which actually required two flushes. I thought you should know, oh poop lord.

By eri on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:31 am:

Platypus, we could always put a hose from yours to mine and both have that medium size that isn't too big or too small :)

Boob trade day? I am all for boob trade year!

By moonit on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:30 am:

You can have mine.

The puppies have a mind of their own. Well okay not really. But they're big enough to. You're gonna hate me Eri, but even when I'm normal sized I'm still a C-cup.

By Hal on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 11:31 am:

I keep getting emails telling me I need bigger titties.

By Nate on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

that's because even the penis pill guys know there's no hope for you.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

Round two: The Naticor takes a turn.

Boob Trade Day? No thanks, I like mine.

By eri on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

Moonit, that's what I was like before I had Micki....I miss those days....don't hate you, but I am definately jealous. I would settle for a handfull and the ability to wear a one piece bathing suit not looking like a 12 year old :)

Maybe I can have some of the fat in my ass moved to my boobs and then be proportionate again!

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:25 pm:

eri, i have not say this before,but your tatto is about the best i have seen this summer.

By eri on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:21 pm:

Thank You VV. I like it. I find them to be addictive, though. Thinking about what I will get next.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

Whatever you get,and wherever you have it,i think it needs to be somthing to do with WICCA.

By eri on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 10:55 pm:

I was thinking of something along the lines of my astrological sign. I mean sun/moon.....god/ess? Though most people who know me haven't picked up on that one.

By Hal on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 09:59 am:

No Nate, the penis pill guys just fear making something any bigger then it already is.

It would be like feeding steriods to a rhino.

By eri on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

LOL

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 02:52 pm:

HAL, RIGHT ON BRO.

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 03:46 pm:

Eri,so whats your star sign in Chinese astroligy?I am the white tiger.Check out the book of I CHING.

By eri on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

Scary VV, I am also a tiger. I forget what my earth sign is in conjunction with that, though. Will have to double check. But I don't want a tiger on my back, I would prefer a tiger in my bed!!!

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 06:10 pm:

Eri,its not often im lost for words,but er,i am,and i think i have a hot flush coming on.Now for a cold shower.

By Hal on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

Not to mention a very very ANGRY rhino. Angry, mostly because its lonely most of the time, and doesn't get to play in its favorite place the wet caves. The tall reeds of five wind is all it gets lately.

Speaking of which, time to go feed the rhino.

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

hal,i think we must both be some kind of cellestial,poetic,very underestimated,rampant sex machines,perhaps a tad like Castor and Pollox of Roman mitholigy.,with huge and awe inspiring genitalia.

By eri on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 09:14 pm:

Huge and awe inspiring genetalia? OK then........

By Hal on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 09:24 pm:

His words not mine... I wouldn't quite describe the rhino as awe inspiring but if it charges best if you aren't around.

By heather on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 09:36 pm:

*icky*

By Lapis on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 11:42 pm:

Um..............

By Hal on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By Kebron on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 10:48 am:

uh ok

By Lapis on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 01:46 pm:

We have devolved to using individual syllables.

"In an unbroken sequence of events extending over ten billion years, the universe expands andcools, stars are born and die, the sun and Earth are formed and life arises on the Earth. Finally, man appears on the scene."
    -Robert Jastrow

What are we doing, people? We are the epitome of ten-billion years of natural history! We must be doing great things, not making sound effects!

By Nate on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

epitome?

in the scale of the universe i do not see a significant delta between the greatest of our potential and the slightest of our sound effects. in no way does my existance summarize the death of a star.

epilogue, perhaps?

By Lapis on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

Maybe, that book makes it sound that way. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.

Anything to revitalize the words.

By Hal on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 07:40 pm:

Blah.

By Lapis on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 08:53 pm:

Fuck you you ass.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 07:58 pm:

Anytime.

By Lapis on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 02:39 pm:

Come here then.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

But can you handle huge genitalia?

By Nate on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

She doesn't have to.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 06:53 pm:

Nate,so she allready has huge genitalia at her disposal?shit.

By Lapis on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:21 pm:

No comment.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:48 pm:

Ditto.

By TBone on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:25 am:

Har!

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:39 am:

Har? Yaaaarr!

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:35 am:

TBone often breaks out in Pirate speak, which are the precice moments no one has a clue what the hell he's talking about.

By J on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:18 am:

By J on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

I like the pirate pick-up lines.Avast me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly? You're drinking a salty dog? How'd ya like to try the real thing?

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:53 pm:

They have a quiz! I'm the Cap'n!

How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

By dave. on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:58 pm:

me too.

By semillama on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:52 pm:

me three

By patrick on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:58 pm:

arghhhhh

pirate walks into a bar......

By Platypus on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:23 am:

By patrick on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

do you think they have eye-patches and parrots?

By TBone on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

Modern pirates have colored contacts and eat carrots.

By Lapis on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 07:56 pm:

Or are mushroom ninjas.

Click here and look around.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:21 am:

Lapis,so go on tell us about about the monster size genitallia your comeing to grips with right now[we need to know,just for the record]and we want the PICS in close up and slo mo.I swear all male Sorabjis will back me up on this.

By J on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 03:03 am:

Whatever V.v.is having,I needs some of that.

By Hal on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 10:15 am:

Russian Vodka and Coke. (Both being of the russian order, the vodka and the coke.)

And make it a double order, I'd like to have what she wants.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 05:20 pm:

I don't know where you got the impression that I am dealing with abnormally-sized genitalia. What I have is nicely sized and I don't compare mine with that of other people. It's a personal thing that I hope you can understand.

Can't drink. Work in 40 minutes and again at 7 am.

Bah humbug.

By patrick on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

vodka and coke?

jesus christ.

stop the horror!

By V.V. on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 10:27 pm:

;]

By V.v. on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 01:34 am:

This very strange,to me Russian Vodka tastes like water,i think my taste buds have gone to sleep.

By Lapis on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:07 am:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

That's what I need to do.

By moonit on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 04:09 am:

So originally my goal was to lose 15 kilos by Tarn's wedding.

I've lost 8.2* (slight 200** gram gain last week, but thats okay. I'm back on track now) so far - and the wedding is 5 weeks away. Now, while I'd love to hit that 15*** kilo mark - to lose 6.8**** kilos in five weeks is a fucking ridiculous goal - thats the kind of eating that leads to binging in my opinion (no purging though, can't throw up to save my life) - and with the silly season coming closer (next weekend - friday night, work xmas party - saturday night, pandyr's xmas party - sunday, picnic work thing), there's no way I could, or even would, discpline myself to that degree.

So - I'm not far off the 10% of my (old) fat(ter) self mark, and I figure if I can achieve this by the wedding, then thats good enough for me.

*18 pounds
    ** 0.4 pounds
    *** 33 pounds
    **** 15 pounds

I discovered my cellphone has a handy converter. Not sure if its really that handy, but now I'm speaking your language ; )

By semillama on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 10:25 am:

Moonit, you can speak in metric lengths to me all day and I'll get what you're saying. I still need help with the weights though.

By moonit on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

sweet. I don't understand feet and inches at all. or farenhowever you spell it. whats wrong with celcius?

By Nate on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

what's wrong with C? it's so water centeric, for one thing. how PC could that possibly be?

what's wrong with Kelivns? they actually make sense, and we can ignore the fact that there are a perfect 100 Kelvins between the freezing and boiling of water.

By Mohamd on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

hello
    i am mohamd
    please poster sex sample

By Nate on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

do not take mohamd to the jugs, take the jugs to mohamd.

By wisper on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 06:22 pm:

you want to have sex with posters?!?

that's HOT

By moonit on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:50 am:

wtf? kelvins? did you make that up?

By Nate on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 06:45 am:

no. kelvins start at absolute zero, -273.15 degrees celsius.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:45 am:

Is Farenheit a water-based scale, too? I thought I read somewhere that 0 degrees was set at the temp at which saltwater freezes.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:17 am:

Fahrenheit.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 11:40 am:

gesundheit

By semillama on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

comes out loose

By wisper on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

Zero degrees F = "Lowest temperature Gabriel Fahrenheit could obtain by mixing salt and ice."
    (it's -17.8 C)

kelvins are based on absolute zero, and one kelvin degree is equal to one celsius degree, kelvins just start lower.

go Celsius !

By Nate on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:49 pm:

there is no such thing as 'one kelvin degree'.

go K!

By patrick on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

Kelvin- relating to, conforming to, or having a thermometric scale on which the unit of measurement equals the Celsius degree and according to which absolute zero is 0 K, the equivalent of -273.15°C

-the base unit of temperature in the International System of Units that is equal to 1/273.16 of the Kelvin scale temperature of the triple point of water

you're both wrong.

i think.

moonit, its an obscure measurement that I probably wouldn't know shit about except that its used to measure color temp., which is relavent to photography and film. its a measurement used heavily in physics, astronomy and such where light and color are heavily relied on for data.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:18 pm:

i'm not wrong. one K is equal to one degree C.

there are no degrees kelvin.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:46 pm:

"one degree Kelvin" <- wrong
    "one Kelvin" <- right
    The Kelvin scale is good for doing calculations on temperature.
    Want to know if something is "twice as hot" as something else?
    100 Kelvins times two is 200 Kelvins. 200 K is twice as hot as 100 K.
    What's twice the temperature of 100 degrees C? 473 degrees C.
    Kelvins make sense.

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:52 pm:

these kelvins are making me thirsty

By eri on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:34 pm:

I always thought that Kelvins made sense, but figured that the geniuses in charge decided on fahrenheit for a reason.

Silly high school brain of mine...too bad I can't seem to get past it. Well who knows. As soon as we have income figured out Eri is applying to school again. Probably SAC but it's a start. Finish Sac and then see where to move from there, I mean, where in Texas do they have any good earth sciences? Anyways.......

By moonit on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 10:57 pm:

i'd just like to say...

I've lost 10.1 kilos - or 22.something pounds.

The puppies have gone down a cup size - so I guess I'll have to rename them.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm so pleased with myself.

By wisper on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 11:43 pm:

ya moonit!

By Lapis on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:40 am:

Good for you.

By semillama on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 11:04 am:

I need to get back on the ball after Mexico. I gained 10 pounds and am as heavy as I have ever been. (all those carbs from the freaking tortillas in everything, and all that bread)

I've been considering the South Beach thing - my mom is on it and Kazu's parents are too - they really like it.

but all that must wait until this report is done.

By kazu on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:58 pm:

My friend Jim in California lost 19 pounds in 5 weeks and my brother lost 5 pounds in one week.

So, I am doing a modified version of the South Beach diet with a friend. I started today and while I had no problem avoiding things, today is not a good day to judge as my appetite was totally down due to the UTI. Also, what was hard about today was that I didn't really have any food besides beans and rice and one thing of tofu until just a few hours ago.

For me it's not really about losing weight, though I wouldn't mind dropping 6-7 pounds, but more or less the challenge of eating differently and to see how my body reacts to it.

I'm taking a few liberties. You're not supposed to have yogurt in the first two weeks and after this, it's supposed to be low-fat and/or light. However, I am not getting rid of my plain whole-milk yogurt, especially since I can eat it now without fruit. It will be one of my snacks. Also, all the cheese they recommend is low-fat and blue cheese isn't even mentioned in the book, but I'll be putting a little bit on my spinach salads along with a sprinkle of walnuts.

Today I ate:

B: yogurt
    L: tofu fried in a little oil and then simmered in a sauce (soy sauce, lime juice, chili paste, ginger powder and garlic).
    D: left over tofu and big ole spinach salad with the aforementioned cheese and walnuts and a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vineagar.

By kazu on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:47 pm:

I feel wierd.

Not bad, not tired, jittery but not-insane-too-much-coffee-jittery.

My body feels foreign to me...although I think the jitters may be subsiding a bit...I'm not tired, but I'm starting to feel as though I could take a nap.

I don't know how much this has to do with what I've eaten. I've had less carbs than normal, but this doesn't feel like my usual low-carb reaction. And, I'm not hungry AT ALL.

So far today:

B: I tried to make an omelet (that is an odd looking word) with some chopped peppers but in the end it just looked like a sad egg pancake with green polka-dots. It tasted okay though.

AMS: Hummus and Peppers

L: tofu salad (tofu, mayo, scallions, sliced almonds, salt and pepper) on a bed of greens.

For beverages, I've had plenty of water and two cups of green tea. The jitters didn't start until a couple of hours after the tea.

I plan on having:

PMS: (no, I don't plan on having PMS, that stands for PM snack.) yogurt and/or some nuts.

D: Some kind of fish thing, and the spinach salad.

I meant to have yogurt and/or nuts in the AM, but I didn't have enough clean containers for all of my food, but I will be doing that tomorrow.

By TBone on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 08:24 pm:

I haven't eaten anything at all today. Can't have anything to eat for 6 hours before the surgery, and now with my mouth all swollen and numb, I don't think I could manage. Not hungry anway.
    A couple hours ago, the pain started. That was less that great. Somehow I managed to get a hydrocodone in me, so I'm feeling better.
    It's been 8 hour or so, and I'm starting to get some tingly sensation back in my face.
    Maybe I am alittle hungry. Weak, anway.

By Spider on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:52 pm:

Did you get the MI-5 DVDs I recommended? Did you? GET THEM.

Oh, and I hope you feel better soon! Pain sucks.

By TBone on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:12 am:

My girlfriend just went to Crazy Mike's to rent me a mess of movies since it's 88-cent Tuesday. But they had no MI-5. I'll look into it.

By dave. on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 03:04 am:

dude, you pop the pills BEFORE it hurts. the first day, double up on the dose and pop an extra before you go to bed. in addition, hit the off hours with a few advil.

so it's opiates every 4 hours and ibuprofen every 4 hours.

staggered in 2 hour increments.

if you're in serious pain, it's your own damn fault.

the big message being, don't even let it start hurting.

agatha said i was super sweet on vicodin.

By TBone on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 04:25 am:

Oh, I'm not in pain now. Before, my tongue and lips were still under alien control, so trying to pop a pill seemed like not such a good idea.
    I'm eating Jell-o and pudding and all I really want is a nice, greasy, salty pizza.
    Swelling sucks. My head is spherical. But I've got my big-dose IB's in addition to my hydrocodone.
    Ripped through a 400-page book like it was standing still. I'll have my little bookworm bring home a refill from the library tomorrow.
    Whenever I sit up all the way or stand up, I get hickups.

By semillama on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:46 am:

You should rent the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is out now on DVD.

Especial the first disc with 'Porno Gil'

By moonit on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:48 am:

Tomorrow morning, I get up at 6, eat, be at ww by 7, get out at 8, go down town to buy some comfy clothing (i only own jeans people), then back where I came from to hit the library, take out my 20 book limit. On my way home go to the dvd store to get the 5 movies for 7 dollars for 7 days deal, bring everything home. Freak out for a bit, do some housework, be taken to the clinic at 1. Operation, recover, get home about 4ish, then I can take it easy.

By semillama on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:59 am:

good luck, moonit. take any opportunity that presents itself to enjoy the time off (not to trivialize the stress of an operation, but it's a good time to watch and read things you want to, on your on schedule. Not too many chances for that today.

By The Watcher on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:10 pm:

What kind of operation?

My mother used to think of going to the hospital as taking a vacation. She loved it.

She used to go to the maternity ward and look at the babies. Of course that was before people started snatching the new borns.

By moonit on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:53 pm:

Its a chick one. I've got some kind of growth on my uterus, so they're gonna cut the fucker off.

By dave. on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:04 pm:

abortion??

By Lapis on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:14 pm:

I don't think it'd be abortion, this is moonit after all.

A growth? A cyst? A tumor?

Tell me about it. Be well.

By semillama on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:45 pm:

I think that was dave. humor.

By Lapis on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 06:57 pm:

Ah. Humor. Something I seem to ignore at times.

By kazu on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:47 am:

I hope you are doing well moonit.

speaking of assthunder, I had some sugar free peanut butter cups yesterday, and yeah, assthunder. the kind that you can hear rolling around and building up in your intestines beforehand. no more maltitol or lactitol for me.

By moonit on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:23 am:

sugar free? wierd.

I am home now, but have wicked wicked cramps, and the growth - they couldn't find one, so it was basically just a d&c or hysterscopy thing.

Going back to see the gynae on thurs, so hopefully he can tell me what the fuck is going on.

I have a bruise in my hand from the needle, little mini bruises round my arm from the blood pressure thing, and the worse cramps ever.

By The Watcher on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

Hope you're feeling better soon.

By The Watcher on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 02:00 pm:

It sounds like kazu found the Hershey's sugar free candies.

My wife is diabetic so I've been going nuts trying to find her stuff she can eat. She tried the Hershey's stuff and couldn't take it.

We don't know what the difference is with Hershey's. But, she really had a bad time with that stuff.

By kazu on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 02:12 pm:

Moonit, hope you are doing well.

I've been eating sugar free pudding which doesn't make me sick, but only a little at a time since after a few bites it doesn't taste good anymore and the ingredients otherwise scare me. It's aspartame rather than alcohol sugar which I try to avoid in general, because asparatame has been shown to cause laboratory tests in rats.

I weighed myself on Saturday morning for the first time since starting the SB last Monday and I was down 5.4 pounds. Now I'm up 1.8 pounds, but I thought that was pretty impressive. My mom was concerned but I figure that as long as I am not calorie deficient I will plateau sooner or later.

By kazu on Monday, April 5, 2004 - 10:23 am:

I hope everyone is feeling better and fully recovered from their respective procedures.

So, I thought I steadied off at 140.4, but then I was down to 138 for a while, which is good. I was certain that I would stop there. Certain. Then I weighed myself this morning.

HOLY FUCKAMOLY!

135.4. I am not kidding when I say that I can't remember the last time I weighed this little. It's so strange. And, in the last three weeks that I've been on this diet, I've cheated with 4 pints of Ben and Jerry's and two small pizzas (one had whole wheat crust though).

Anyway, I know that this weekend when Shannon visits and the following when Sem arrives I will put some of it back, but still...holy shit. Sorry. I'm still in shock. I had to weigh myself three times to be absolutely sure.

P.S. Don't tell my mother. I got a lecture on Friday about how *some* fat is okay. If I wasn't eating anything, I would understand. But I am...I swear.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

zu, i'm too lazy to read all the stuff up there.

i know you (like me) are always trying to lose weight. did you do anything to get down to 135?

how are you feeling these days?

i have been having bizarre food cravings lately. today and yesterday it is cottage cheese. i can't eat enough of it!

By kazu on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

I was doing a modified South Beach for a while.

For the last week I've just been failing to get enough food in because of all the work. I weighed in at 134.6 this morning and my mother said something to me she's never said before:

Stop losing weight.

Otherwise, I'm back to eating normally and generally hanging comfy around 138-139. Now that my work is done, I'm feeling good.

I can't remember the last time I ate cottage cheese. I used to love cottage cheese with chive when I was in high school. I would put it on Melba toasts. Today at Whole Foods I ate some peanut butter made with white chocolate.

It was awesome!!! the same company makes cinnamon swirl pb.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 03:49 pm:

Me like cottage cheese too. With salt, pepper, and tobasco on it. Just had some for lunch. With a peanut butter and butter sandwich, and Welch's purple grape juice.

By Antigone on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:24 pm:

I'm down below 250 again, now that I'm walking, doing the lo-carb, and taking these carb inhibiting supplements. (Made from kidney beans. They make me fart up a shitstorm, though.)

By J on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:40 pm:

I quit drinking one week ago and lost 8 pounds.It just wasn't fun anymore,and it wasn't helping my severe depression,plus I woke up every morning with stomach pains.I'm actually feeling more like my old self(alive)than I have in two years.I've been spending more time in my garden and that always perks me up.I have to get some netting now that we're in triple digits or my plants will burn up,but I have tomatoes,habaneros,jalapenos,bell peppers,corn,squash,cantelope,and watermelon.This summer I perfect my salsa.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:51 pm:

wow J that's awesome! my friend Kristi's dad stopped drinking a month ago - after being a heavy drinker for 30+ years - and he lost 10 lbs and is going fishing with his wife and stuff now.

anyway, keep it up J.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:53 pm:

i have an appointment next week w/ a licensed dietician. something is wrong - namely an insatiable appetite - and it's been this way for a year now. and i can't live like this anymore. and no other physician has been able to help. so... one last try!

By wisper on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 08:54 pm:

go J! keep up the good work.
    Somebody else can drink for you.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 08:58 pm:

*raises hand*

got it covered.

By agatha on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:51 pm:

I'm really proud of you, J. Get a support system, pronto. Besides us, of course.

By jack on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:58 pm:

i am happy for you, j, and pulling for you to feel good all of the time.

By kazu on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 01:04 am:

keep it up J! Feeling good is swell.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact