Pickle-o

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Pickle-o
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Mnelly on Wednesday, March 18, 1998 - 10:17 pm:
    Try going into a restaurant and asking for sweet pickle relish to put on your scrambled eggs.

That used to be the only way i could eat them. Stemming from childhood trauma...

Later it got to where I could stomach them with crumpled up bacon, and from there branched off into mushrooms, artichokes, etc. and the whole modern gamut of things found in scrambled eggs...

But there's still a soft spot in my heart for pickle-o. Scrambled eggs with relish, and buttered toast with strawberry jam, and hot chocolate. A perfect breakfast.

By Hannah on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 12:55 am:
    scrambled eggs with relish?! whoa, that's quite a combo. but then to add all the rest, you know, the mushrooms, articokes, was there any eggs left?

my mother finds canned corn disgusting, but it reminds me of my childhood.

By Slacker on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 01:06 am:
    i'm eating a beer

By Timmy on Friday, March 19, 1999 - 01:39 pm:

where can i get a picture of a huge pickle?

By MoonUnit on Saturday, March 20, 1999 - 12:36 am:

marinate some meat in garlic, ginger, soy sauce and worcester sauce, then cook in a wok until brown... throw half a jar of tomato relish over top until relish is heated....mmmmm *drool* and serve with rice, cucumber (helps to take the zing out of your mouth if its too hot)

thats really got nothing to do with pickle has it... but still its a condiment story

thats the right word isnt it?

going to look for the dictonary

By Gee on Saturday, March 20, 1999 - 04:58 am:

Pickles...preferably the little ones that you can take tiny bites out of...taste really good with vanilla ice cream. Just take tiny bits of both at the same time, and it's amazing. It's like sticking your finger in an electric socket. I had to stop eating it in public because I'd close my eyes and shudder and people would stare.

This is a night for confessions.

By MoonUnit on Sunday, March 21, 1999 - 04:09 am:

McDonalds Fries dipped in their chocolate sundae...mmmmm

By Margret on Sunday, March 21, 1999 - 05:03 am:

I sometimes make this sandwich that causes pregnancy anxiety in boyfriends: toasted wheat bread, crunchy peanut butter, ham, cheddar cheese and hamburger dill slices just recklessly heaped inside. It's fabulous -- sour, tangy and super salty. I also like to eat sweet gherkins at the same time as toasted bread with peanut butter and my mom's potatoe soup. Yummers.

By Slacker on Sunday, March 21, 1999 - 06:04 am:

eat my shorts

By Punka on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

im eating a beer too..

lmao and pizza

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:57 pm:

What does the "o" stand for in "pickle-o"?...and how come you have an "o" at the end of so many American products?...you guys dont have an answer,do you?...and I will tell you in advance,the only guys that may post an idea back are droopy and Sem,see if im right.,the rest of you are eating doughnuts,and are far too fat to post.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:30 pm:

By droopy on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:30 pm:

i've never hear of them. a google search shows them to be deep-fried pickle slices. clearly an invention of the american south, if not texas.

excluding any possible relation to "piccolo", i'm going to say that they are pickles shaped like an "o".

they only other american product i can think of with an "-o" at the end is "bac-o's". which, paradoxically, is neither o-shaped nor bacon.

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:59 pm:

droopy...how about the famous "jell-o"...and I still say you have zillions of products ending in "o"...I remember "brill-o" iron wool soap filled pads for ovens,I think they are still sold,also, I remember "brass-o" for cleaning brass.

By agatha on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:05 pm:

Cheerio? Rollo?

By droopy on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:09 pm:

jeez, how could i forget jell-o? mormon soul food.

you realize that this is so tantalizingly meaningless that i'm going to have to find out why "-o" gets tacked onto the end of products.

the truth is out there.

By heather on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:13 pm:

deep fried pickle slices are good. addictive even.

you can get them in new orleans

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:14 pm:

droopy,Albert Einstien was a relation to you,so find the "o" factor...

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:17 pm:

Anti,thank you for the pic of some gay guy eating a piccolo.

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:21 pm:

agatha,thank you for putting the Sorabji brains from "park" into "drive"

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:24 pm:

heather :)

By droopy on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:31 pm:

actually, i'm due to go rooting around in an old, unbearably hot garage for old movie stills from the 1920's.

here's what i found on the jell-o front:

"In 1897, Pearle Wait, a carpenter in LeRoy, was putting up a cough remedy and laxative tea in his home. He experimented with gelatine and came up with a fruit flavored dessert which his wife, May, named Jell-O. He tried to market his product but he lacked the capital and the experience. In 1899 he sold his formula to a fellow townsman."

later it says that the company that did have the capital to market jell-o was a coffee substitute company called grain-o.

this is only going to get worse.

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:44 pm:

...what was "jell-o" like in 1899,did it make you pass blood?

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:48 pm:

...and can it still do that?

By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 11:11 pm:

i love pickles! they're, like, my fav food!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact