A Krispy Kreme donut

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: A Krispy Kreme donut
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By N on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 12:08 am:
    actually, already ate it, and it was the variation where they leave the hole in. somehow that looks slightly obscene, like it's some kind of birth control device or something. it had a tinch of cinnamon flavor.

By Pete on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 02:08 am:
    What's a tinch?

By Tarmac on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 02:18 am:
    Something that's only found on birth control shaped foods.

By N on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 07:46 am:
    tinch=soupçon

By Keef on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 02:26 pm:
    Thank you, Jeff Smith!

By Pete on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 10:55 pm:
    Isn't Jeff Smith gay? That's what I heard...not that there's anything wrong with that. Why, some of my best friends are gay. Wait a minute....I'm gay! Holy cow, I'd forgotten....

By Hannah on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 12:58 am:
    No no, Pete. He was a child molester. I dunno, he was probably gay, too. It seems like everyone I know is coming out of the closet and telling me that they're gay. I'm probably the last straight female on this planet! I have many friends that are gay. My best friend is a lesbian... WAIT! This is heading off into a tangent. It has nothing to do with Krispy Kreme donuts.

Question: What in the hell is a krispy kreme donut? I have never heard of that.

Right now I'm sucking down a coke slurpee, which is my #1 passion.

By Pete on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 06:51 pm:
    Krispy Kreme's are popular in DC although they probably originated in some other part of the country. The best thing is when you drive past a Krispy Kreme store and the HOT DONUTS NOW sign is lit up. Ahhhhhh......

By Chief Wiggum on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 06:58 pm:
    Pete - Ever considered a career in law enforcement? You have the donut passion...

By Pete on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 06:48 am:
    Thanks Wiggy, but I already have a career.

By Hannah on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 08:27 pm:
    Oh, well over here on the west coast, I guess I don't get the luxury of eating a Krispy Kreme donut. next time I go to DC (I've been there once) I'll look for 'em.

I like donuts.

By XAVIER on Tuesday, July 7, 1998 - 04:24 pm:
    HAD KRISPY KREMES IN DESTIN, FLORIDA
    EXCELLENT! TRY THE DONUT HOLE IN DESTIN TOO, THERE GREAT.

By Swine on Tuesday, July 7, 1998 - 08:29 pm:
    yeah.

dough sugar chocolate icing

tonguesweet digest digest headache

bigfuckingsugarcomaheadache

they call that shit breakfast around here every friday.

at least they're free.

By Kelsey on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 03:57 pm:
    who is jeff smith? my favorite kinda doughnut is plain or glazed. i like the plain with the cinnamon and sugar on them, too.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 04:32 pm:
    jeff smith is the Frugal Gourmet... from PBS.. the chef... who just settled OUT OF COURT with a bunch of guys that claimed he molested them as teenagers. Yet his settling did NOT mean he was guilty.

HA!

And I can fit into a size 30" waisted jeans.

By Blindswine on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 05:41 pm:
    jeff smith lives in seattle, kelsey.

keep your daughter away from him.

i guess he's only into little boys,
    but like they say:
    it's better to be safe than murderous.

By Kelsey on Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 05:16 pm:
    ohhh, the tacoma guy. that was a freaky story. trust nobody.

By SGT. Todd M. Wiseman on Friday, July 24, 1998 - 11:58 am:
    KK DO-NUTZ RULE THE EARTH !! i routinely drive an hour away to get them haha being the devoted officer that i am : )

good news the biggest grocery chain n the USA --Kroger now carries krispy kremes at their bakery yummmmMMMM !! KK rivals far behind as dunkin donuts r almost always DO-EEE cant stand 'em (no quality control here) jolly pirate same deal i refuse to eat a DO-EEE donut !! mchappys chain better but....no KK !! KK's melt n your mouth and n your hand HA but o well. they go great with chocolate milk definately. 3 KK's get me thru a shift and put a smile on my face and stomach : )

By Elizabeth on Thursday, January 14, 1999 - 02:43 pm:

I love Krispy Kreme! I live in Boston and I never get to have them but my ex from from Richmond and at XMAS we'd go down to visit his Mom and stop by the KK when they had the hot glazed and nearly eat the whole fucking thing in one swift sitting then feel like we were going to die. It was so awesome 'cuz the shop there has a glass wall in back where you can watch women pick donuts off the line as soon as they are glazed and pop them in your box. Sheer heaven! We have Dunkin; Donuts here and it isn't the same. Tho if the ol' KK was up here I'd decidedly be unable to stop myself from consuming.

By Scootin1 on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

I've never had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut. I want one. They're supposed to be availabe in the Oakland Coluseum during A's games. I'll have one then.

By TBone on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:31 pm:

Uncle Russel had a Krispy Kreme Swimsuit Calandar on his counter last week. The bikinis on these women were made of more fabric than my 2-man tent.

By spunky on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

i miss krispy kremes...
    KK SWIMSUIT CALANDER.....um, yuck

By sarah on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

they got 'em here all the time in the break room. i don't know what the big deal is. like some sort of doughnut cult or something.

i ate too much carbolite chocolate today. still gives you sucralose coma.

By Officer Wiggum on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:39 pm:

I like women in Krispy Kreme Doughnut Swim Suits, How 'bout you Homer?

mmmmmm, donuts

By Marge Simpson on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:45 pm:

mmmmmmm, Homer

By Nate on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:50 pm:

krispy kremes are a fad.

nothing beats donuts from stan's on homestead between san tomas and lawrence.

i steal one from customer support whenever they buy a box. a buttermilk old fashioned bigger than my fist.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:57 pm:

thats my gripe about krispy kreme's. they have gotten smaller.

not a fad for me.....been eating those fuckers (when I do eat donuts, which is rarely) since i can remember.

By Nate on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

they are a fad in that they are over hyped.

they aren't -that- good.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:05 pm:

Never had Krispy Kreme's. I rarely eat donuts. When I used to spend summers with my Grandparent's every Saturday morning my Grandfather would get up at 4 am and would be at Dunkin Donuts when they opened bringing some back for us. When we moved to Kansas City my father always bragged on Lamar's donuts. Frankly none of them seem anything special to me.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 08:03 pm:

San Tomas and Lawrence?

I'll have to go there one of these days.

Maybe this weekend.

I have to be here at school on Saturday for a Networking Boot Camp class. Those of us who blew the exam get a chance to boost our score by listening to him review the semester in four hours and then take a retest the next week.

yay

LS

By Nate on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 11:31 pm:

stan's is in the same shopping center as the safeway, but on the side near the taco bell.

right next to the armadillo willy's.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 07:15 pm:

Is that right off of the 280?

LS

By patrick on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

GOD DAMN IT LS!!!!!!!

lets roll.

By Nate on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 09:53 pm:

no, not really.

if you take the 280 lawrence exit and then turn right onto homestead, you're there. it's on your right, two blocks down or so.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 07:16 pm:

Hrm. Maybe I'll make a run there tomorrow and buy a dozen.

Or maybe just to sit and eat a doughnut and drink milk or coffee.

Would that qualify as Doughnut Wednesday?

LS

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact