Ramen Noodles! Woo! You can survive for years on the stuff!

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Ramen Noodles! Woo! You can survive for years on the stuff!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By TBone on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 02:10 pm:
    You can do so much with Ramen Noodles! I can taste the difference between brands now. I'm what you'd call a Ramen connoiseur. When Ramen itself is not enough, you can just add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and make it a power meal. Best of all...

IT'S CHEAP!

Like 19˘apiece if you're a good shopper. $3.50 or so will get you a pack of 24 at costco. I love the stuff. Carbos!

By Spiracle on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 04:33 pm:
    cream of mushroom soup..
    hmm..
    there should be another board all about
    'making the most of ramen'
    wonder what other people add..

By Spiracle on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 04:57 pm:

By Pete on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 06:45 pm:
    Spiracle - I add water to mine. It was too dry and crunchy without...

By Spiracle on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 08:46 pm:
    i see

By Pete on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 06:40 am:
    Try it...really does works better with water!

By Spiracle on Monday, March 23, 1998 - 08:34 am:
    so you say

By
S on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 10:55 am:

I like Shrimp Ramen noodles and Chicken
    They cost like 1.00 for 12 packages at Save A Lot in Frankfort, Ky

By Hal on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

5.00 $ at costco will get you 50 of them now... It rules.

By pez on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:18 pm:

$0.50 for ten with a coupon.

By Spider on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:23 pm:

Holy cow. They're 5 for $1 here.

By pez on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

don't pay it. there's top ramen and marauchan ramen. top ramen is generally 10-12 for $1, marauchan 5 for $1. if you watch the ads and clip coupons, you can find the odd $0.05 per coupon for marauchan. usually with a limit. either get top ramen or use a coupon. 5/$1.00 is a rip off.

By Hal on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

Wow I bougt the Maurchan at costco, and I got the deal they usually aren't more then .05 $ in difference here.

By Nate on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

ramen is $10 per packet here. it's considered a delicacy.

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

I bet the spicey chicken is more

By Dougie on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

Do ramen noodles have any food value whatsoever? Beside the RDA of MSG and sodium?

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

Yep. The original recipe requires water. Water's good for you, but not really food...hmm.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Spider, the expression HOLY COW brings back memories.......eat my shorts.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:03 pm:

Don't try Tomato flavored Ramen noodles, talkin about Nasty.

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:18 pm:

i find reading minutes from Library of Congress' janitorial staff meetings more interesting than you.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

go shove your head up your grannys anus patrick

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

..maybe you'll find some Ramen noodles up there....ramen noodles from the 30's

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

Ramen is too expensive here. You could go to Save A Lot and buy mac n cheese for less. I think they are like 30 cents each. It sux. Actually, I can't really make it anyways, because my oldest daughter is on a low sodium, high postassium diet. Of course, she is 7 now and only weighs 40 lbs. ( she just finished a huge growth spurt, she was at 28 lbs for 2 years) so if any of you know something packed with carbs but low in sodium, let me know.

I think that Patrick is looking for a debate today. All he is finding is touchy feely stuff or a conversation on ramen. Fun fun fun.

By Antipasta on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

thatsa brilliant!

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:30 pm:

yes.

yes, i will find some ramen noodles in my grandma's anus from the 30s. its a well known fact gramma hasn't made a doody since the 30s
    you're a sharp one S.

not debate eri.

just something mildly interesting.

that and my head hurts....

i haven't beat off (as nate would say) in ages...

i wanna go home, and im barely into the 2nd hour at this joint....

im mad at my wife for various reasons...

in general im a bitch today.

By Dougie on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

"i find reading minutes from Library of Congress' janitorial staff meetings more interesting than you"

ROFLMAO!

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

That's allright patty. I am a bitch every day.

I am sorry that you are mad at your wife. I hope you can work things out. Oops, am I being touchy feely again?

How do you feel about child abuse. We have a situation in my family (not like my house, but like siblings) and I could always discuss this. I have very pointed views and low tolerance for abuse of helpless infants. The fact that it is within my family only makes it more complicated. Of course, right now, my family thinks I am a total bitch now too.

By J on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

Trace has shared the "situation" with us,you two did the right thing,I'm not trying to be rude,but your family sounds pretty screwy. We had an exceptionally brutal murder of a 10 year old girl here,they have the man in jail,but I think the mother who left her 3 kids with some man she had just met in a park should be in jail too,and her living 2 kids taken away from her too.

By Spider on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

I was a total bitch yesterday, but today I am only 25% bitch.

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

J, don't worry about being rude. I am the first one to admit that my family puts the fun in disfunction. They are all screwy, in need of better medication for their problems, etc. I keep saying it must be nice to live on their planet of delusion.

Scary thing is that my sister is now planning her next pregnancy. She won't stop until she gets the girl she wants. She is a strong case for involuntary sterilization.

You would think with the controversy over the Bass triplet murders, and DFS's failure to help these kids, that they wouldn't write off a case with a baby who had a skull fracture as easily as this. It is just disappointing that she got off, and can get him back to do it again.

When it comes to them, let them think I am a bitch, the safety of my children is more important than their feelings at this point.

By Czarina on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

I keep my bitch mode on "ready,alert" standby,so I can implement it in a seconds notice,if necessary.

Its always good to be prepared.

By Hal on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

Never go into Bitch mode, but Asshole mode does pop up every time its necissary.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact