makes the foods and eats it.

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: makes the foods and eats it.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By la on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 11:50 pm:

Initiate breakup and cry for three days. Start a new term. Get sick. Get better. Write a paper. Put off writing second paper. Start feeling sneezy. Start feeling sneezy. Sit down to write paper. Realize you're getting sick and cancel plans to go to friend's blanket-fort-building birthday party and make a "what's in the fridge" casserole instead.

Mixture 1:
    1 chopped onion
    6 cloves minced garlic
    8 sliced (I used cremini) mushrooms
    1 cup brown rice
    Rosemary and sage

Mixture 2:
    1 chopped apple
    1/4 shredded red cabbage
    1 sliced jalepeno
    1 chopped sweet potato

2 skillets and a 2L casserole dish. Olive oil.

Preheat oven to 350 and drizzle olive oil in skillets.

Saute onion until it starts to soften. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms start to shrink, stirring occasionally. Add rice and herbs and stir to incorporate, cook for a couple minutes and turn the heat down to low.

Saute apple, jalepeno and cabbage for a hot minute, then toss in the sweet potato. Turn down to low, but it's so little time before you turn the heat off that it won't make much of a difference at all.

Spread mixture 1 over bottom of casserole, be exceptionally proud that the skillet is spotless and you won't have to clean it. Layer mixture 2 on top, repeating internal monologue regarding skillet. Pour 2 1/2 cups water over the whole thing and put in the oven for 35 minutes.

Season to taste when it's on your plate.

By Nelly on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 01:48 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact