Metallica got me 86,d from Napster

sorabji.com: Do you have any regrets?: Metallica got me 86,d from Napster
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 10:56 am:

Those bastards,Ryan had put one of their songs on my Napster library,but I erased it almost 2 weeks ago.I was using it yesterday and everything was good.This morning I tried to get on there and I found out Metallica cut me off.I had to fill out a form and it,s going to take 10 day,s to see if I can get back on.Metallica is unforgiven in my book,the old hacks.

By droop on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 11:26 am:

By agatha on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

james hatfield isn't stupid, though. it is mildly funny.

By Isolde on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

Cute.

By J on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 03:31 am:

Droopy,like always,you always find the best links,I liked the Motley Crue retaliation MPG.

By J on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 12:30 pm:

Watch those bastards sue me, come to find out that Ryan had some of their songs in MY library but he got rid of them,not soon enough.I was having alot of fun with that,damn!

By mistaswine on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 01:08 pm:

By Isolde on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 01:28 pm:

that really bites, guys. I'm sorry.

By mistaswine on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

By mistaswine on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

"Register factoid no.666:
    Our thanks to Register reader Dave Martin who spotted the following: in the liner notes for Metallica's Garage Inc. album, lead singer James Hetfield explains that when he first met Lars Ulrich he would "stay over at his house for days making tapes of his records and sleeping on the carpet".

To misquote those great Brit rockers, Spinal Tap: How much blacker can this pot be from this kettle? None more black..."

By J on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 04:46 pm:

I've been 86'd again,that Goddamn Ryan won't leave my stuff alone,guess who did it this time? Rage Against the Machine!!! I still have the U2 tickets that I didn't make it to because (in part) I didn't want to sit through Rage.The little sell-out pussies.

By dave. on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

j, dear. they've since come out and apologized for that.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    "Rage Apologizes to Fans for Napster Ban Mistake

"Rage Against the Machine would like to sincerely apologize to all of our fans who were kicked off of Napster for downloading 'Renegades,'" said Tom Morello this Thursday, after discovering that the band's management company had instructed Sony Music to ban Rage fans from Napster.

"The move to take action against Rage fans was taken completely unilaterally by our new management," he continued, "In their zeal to keep the record from getting out before the release date, they did not consult the band before instructing Sony Music Corp. to institute the Napster ban. As soon as I was made aware of this horrible mistake on their part, I immediately phoned our management and the record company to see what we could do to get our Napster-using fans reinstated as soon as possible. Per my instructions, no further notices will be sent out, and again, I apologize for this undermining of your right to hear our music."

If you have been banned from Napster for downloading Rage Against the Machine mp3 files, the official way to have your account reinstated is to fill out the "Counter Notification Form," found towards the bottom of the webpage found here. Once Napster receives your email, they will reinstate your account in 10 to 14 business days.

A quicker way to get back on to Napster is to follow these instructions:

1) 1) Uninstall Napster. When the uninstall program asks you if you wish to remove your user information, choose
    "Yes".

2) Once uninstalled, if you are using Internet Explorer, click the following link and choose "Open this file from its current location":

http://www.ratm.com/napster/de-ban.reg

It's only a few bytes. When it's done, you'll be prompted if you really want to add the information to your registry.
    Choose "Yes".

If you are using Netscape, once you have uninstalled Napster, click on the above link using the right mouse button, and choose "Save Link As..." and save the file to your desktop. Then double-click the new file "de-ban.reg", and when you are asked if you want to add this information to the registry, choose "Yes".

3) Re-install Napster.

4) When Napster runs for the first time, be sure to choose yourself a new user name, and a different e-mail address
    to that which you signed up with initially.

If you follow this procedure, you should be able to access Napster normally."

By Resk. kuh. on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 02:55 am:

Comment:

Serves you right for listening to Metallica.

Especially since they turned halway into NSync.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

By patrick on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 11:28 am:

Retort:

Eat a dick ass monkey.

(happy cat?)

By Trace on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 11:36 am:

Since I got on the cable modem, I started using Rapigator, Limewire and Bearshare. I like them better, you can download just about anything you want, programs, movies, music, etc.

By semillama on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

There was a discussion on Stern this morning about "jumping the Shark" which apparently is when a person or group, usually in entertainment, stops being cool. Stern seemed to think that Metallica hasn't jumped the shark yet, whereas many people feel that they jumped the shark they moment they started listening to Bob Rock.

By wisper on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

By Kym on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

I feel so sad by metallica's actions.

i have thought about it.

i want to write them a letter saying what it means to me that they are doing this.

i should have known when they won their first award and lars ulrich says
    "and i would like to thank the raido stations and MTV, without whom, this would still be possible."
    cocky bastards. and in the begining it was cool, somewhat inspiring.

somehow that fire has been directed now at the fans. people who are interested in anything and everything metallica has done. the very people who did make that fucking award possible.
    the pople who give radio stations and MTV something to do with their time.

so i say if metallica wants to be big babies about it. they can keep their music.
    i prefer apocolyptica's versions anyway.

it is kinda fucked up because these guys have been and the front of stuff for a while. they are more than well off. how are they getting dicked over? they have record companies to foot the legal bills etc. but what about the band out in austin texas that is independent and is interested in fans. or even someone who lives in a small ass hick town where everyone listens to stuff but not what they like. the stores don't sell it. and they might never fucking.....

arghhhh

By semillama on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

Fuck them.

Jason Newstead left them and is now jamming with 11-year-old guitar prodigies. Now that is cool.

By Kymical on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 10:26 am:

i think that is way cool.

i wonder how jason feels about the napster thing?

did anyone read the supposed evil playboy interview? it is said it made the band sound like they were pitting against eachother. etc.

i have always liked jason the best.

want to play hide and seek with his trouser snake.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact