peter's service

sorabji.com: Do you have any regrets?: peter's service
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 01:05 pm:

i am headed out to a memorial service in a few hours for my former boss and artistic mentor, peter ramsey. he was an amazing man. i have visited him once in the past seven or eight months, since he was forced by his illness to retire from the school. he's dead now, and i can't talk to him ever again. i am supposed to say a few words at his service, and i can't think of anything appropriate to say, except that we all fucking let him down in his time of need. i am the worst hypocrite of all.

By Gee on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

I'm sorry Agatha.

By Isolde on Wednesday, October 18, 2000 - 03:18 pm:

It's hard, isn't it? Right now it seems like a lot of my friends are dying on me. And it's painful to deal with, since one feels one could have said so much in life and then forgotten about it. Good luck at the service, I'm sure he understands that you didn't mean to hurt him.

By J on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:06 am:

Agatha,don't beat yourself up,guilt always comes up when someone dies.Personally if I was going to die,and I looked bad,I wouldn't want anyone to see me except my immediate family,and you always look bad in the end.I'd rather they remembered the healthy,goofy me.I had to speak at my mother-in-laws service,I feel guilty about her too.

By agatha on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

it's over. i feel better. thanks for the kind words. he knew i loved him, i just wish i could have said goodbye.

By Agent D on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 06:43 am:

Sorry agatha, you have my condolence. It's hard to let one go.I understand, but just let it go, he knows how you feel, he is at his peace and he loves you so much. :-)

By agatha on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

Wow. Thanks. I wrote that a long time ago. I watched a video of the service not too long ago, it was amazing to see some of the faculty at the school blathering on and on about him, when they damn well never came down to the print studio. The faculty that came to visit him regularly, with the exception of two of them, didn't speak at all. Funny, that.

He was always leaving his coffee cups around the studio. If I didn't throw them out after a day or so, he would continue to drink out of them. When I brought him a coffee and a sesame seed bagel, he would always say, "Oh, wonderful! Thank you so much!" as though it was a big surprise birthday cake, or something.

Every time I see a pale blue subaru driving erratically, I think of him and smile.

By Jeff Ramsey on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:25 pm:

Agatha...I am his son Jeff Ramsey and would love to talk to you. I can be reached at jeff@sagearts.com

By agatha on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:37 pm:

wow. foot in mouth.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact