getting up this morning

sorabji.com: Do you have any regrets?: getting up this morning
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

i wake up to ice and snow all over the parking lot.

i can't find the scraper (sp?) so i have to use my defrost and a benfolds five cd case.

i get to my damn meeting half an hour late only to find out the meeting is canceled.

THEN I slip and fall outside of work.

i'm going back to bed.

By agatha on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 12:05 pm:

sweet dreams. you can play in the snow this afternoon.

By Isolde on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

I played in the snow earlier, I enjoyed it very much.

By semillama on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

Naomi the cat came and perched on my chest at 5:30 this morning. then I moved her to my side.

It's really too much to ask me to get up when I am sandwiched between cats. I did it though. four below outside.

By droopy on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

it's 30 degrees or so and it's supposed to snow tonight or this afternoon. i bought food this morning in case i get iced into my apartment. and some cat food - i think i've been adopted by a cat.

By Isolde on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

What sort of cat?

By Trace on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:35 pm:

it is 4 degrees here, and we have ice covered with a dusting of snow, and so is the wind chill

By patrick on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:41 pm:

pfffft heh...

its 65 degrees here. I would like to sees some snow.

By sarah on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

i woke up after a glorious night of deep, valium-induced sleep. walked out onto the lanai and there was not one single cloud in the sky. the early morning sun made diamond head glow a little pink. i drank a cup of decaf and made a decision. i'm going to quit my job on March 15th and leave hawaii for a long time.

By droopy on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

i'm not very good at identifying cats. last night, as it happens in texas, it was warm enough for me to keep the doors to my apartment open. while i was vegging(sp?) out on the couch a small, young cat with a white coat and greyish splotches on it came in and started exploring the place. - up on ever counter, table, almost got himself trapped behind the bookcase. when he go tired of that he got on the couch with me and we took a nap. i put him out when i went to bed. this morning he was meowing around my door. he has no collar.

By Trace on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:49 pm:

Why would you want to leave Hawaii?????

By Isolde on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 01:57 pm:

Kitty! I miss my kitties so much. I'll be there to visit them soon...and take them back with me.
    What spurred this descision, Sarah? Where will you go?

By Hal on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

HA!!!! WEAKLINGS....

Its -25 here, snow up to our ears, and we knew it was coming and we await more...

We Montanans have some serious issues to work out.

By semillama on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

Are you trying to make me jealous?

Your mission is to adopt the kittie, droopy.

I have discovered that Naomi the cat has zits all over her chin from eating out of a plastic bowl. I thought it was something serious at first, but now I just make fun of her.

By Daniel sssshiver on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 11:48 pm:

Rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow. Missed most of it. Could get out of and back into my creek bed which doubled as a driveway for three quarters of a mile. Very windy, my damper is still stuck open on my living room fireplace and I can't have a fire in it so it sucks the heat up like a venturi. And it is ten degrees INSIDE my car, inside the garage.

It starts. It has a heater. Wish I would have fixed the hottub. It doesn't. It doesn't. Some beach is this.

By moonit on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 12:26 am:

sunnny sunnnnnyyyy. warm. sunnny. sat at a cafe today in the sunnnn sipping champers (we won a big big account it was a celebration)

i love summer

By Hal on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 12:57 am:

Shut the hell up...

I drive a 1969 Volkswagon Beetle, it will start in the 40 below with windchill it is right now, but there is no heater and its cold in there...

And your out eating at a cafe under the sun... Come here, I'll show you an outdoor cafe', no matter what happens your food comes to you frozen... But that doesn't matter because if your outside for more than 30 minutes your dead.

Got I hate Montana sometimes...

By Tom on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 01:42 am:

Oh. What Ben Folds Five album was it?

My roommate just got back from applying for a job.

She says it's snowing now up north of town. Crazy.

She thinks she got hired, though. 95%. Making lots of money. So there. (that's all verbatim.)

and on the upside, she gets to get naked for money. My roomie the stripper, due out in paperback in late 2002. Damnit. not fair. Why can't guys show off their bodies for cash?

ah, well. Later, kids.

By droopy on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 03:27 am:

you've gotten your wish, semillama. it's around 2:20 here; and when i opened my back back door to check to see if the cat was still around, there he was at my back porch. i left the door open and he came in out of the cold (low 20's). i put a bowl of food out for him and he's munching out right now.

he's just wandered into the room with me. he's looking at me and meowing like i'm supposed to answer back. he's wandering around and exploring just like last time. the meowing is tripping me out - it seems like it's adressed to me but i don't know how to answer.

anyway, he's out of the cold and he's got something to eat.

By Isolde on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 08:27 am:

Yay!
    I'm so happy. He'll probably not meow as much after a bit. I might be wrong, I don't know. Apparently my cats in California are meowing like crazy, they just won't stop. Every time I call I can hear them. Poor kitties.
    Have you figured out a nameish sort of thing yet?

By agatha on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

Damnit. not fair. Why can't guys show off their bodies for cash?

you're fucking kidding, right?

droop, post a good story on the blog. and change the background color, while you're at it.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

meow back, mock his inflection. i find with my isabella, we can keep this up for a minute or so

By pez on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

i do this with my kitties...it's a lot of fun. i remember practicing one evening in the basement after everyone had gone to bed, my dad came down looking for the injured cat. i toned it down.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

he must have heard a perceived injured domestic animal and had thoughts of supper.....

(sorry it was there for the taking)

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 12:33 am:

My Cabriolet Always started. But it was cold, even with heater on, like any rag top is. The Mazda's heater keeps me warm and toasty, but it's not as much fun as the VW.

Just spent the last hour working on the fireplace...damper still stuck, wind howling down into the living room. Can't retalliate by stoking up a fire...So it is plugged, taped and sealed for the time being. I WISH I were on some warm beach, moon watching. I enjoy the cold, but I am getting too cranky for this stuff.

By pez on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 02:50 am:

cold and finals don't mix. i'm sorry, but averaging 4 hours of sleep per night is one thing, with the addition of biting cold its something else entirely.

i'd love it if classes were cancelled for tomorrow, so i could have an extra day...

By Hal on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 02:29 pm:

I'm a youngin' and I already have arthritis from several injuries I had years back...

Knee, tore a ligiment back in highschool and got if fixed, but I still get arthritis in it...

Forehead, I have 4 steel plates and 16 screws in my forehead where I was kicked with a steel toed boot... Fun eh?

And when it gets this cold, it fucking hurts...

but its warming up now, above zero anyway... Thats good.

By J on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 03:03 pm:

Jesus,who the fuck tried to kill you?

By Trace on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 03:04 pm:

By semillama on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

So what?

Color me unimpressed.

(Winter weather is the only thing that people from my homeland can look down their noses on other people about. we take advantage of that at every opportunity.)

By sarah on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

when i got up this morning it was another cloudless sky. i made an omelet and decaf. on the counter was a note from my housemate, informing me that i had a flat tire on my car.

figures.

so i put on the spare and rode down to the goodyear place and got a new tire. the kid i got the car from put on expensive tires, which are nice to look at, but tough on my pocketbook to replace. when i got to work i had a gazillion voice mail messages and paperwork and all this crap that i hate, including YAUM after lunch, which i will choke down as i have been doing for the past 30 days or so.

then the interview for new job in the afternoon. if i get this job, i'll hang out in hawaii until the end of May instead of blowing out in March. then a birthday party later tonight, after the gym.

the bloating is back.

6 days til i'm back in The D. can't wait.

that's all. over and out.

By Hal on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 03:51 pm:

Oh, the summer before my senior year in Highschool, six drunk SOB's decided they were going to beat the hell outta someone... And they thought I would be an easy target...

Granted I ended up with the ability to set off metal detectors at the federal building, they were wrong... I set one on fire with a road flair, two probably won't ever have children, and if that one guy ever walks straight again I'll be amazed.

God I hate violence, its pointless, all I was doing was spending some time hanging out with friends... Next thing I know I'm knee deep in shit...

And again I re-affirm my motto in life-

"People Suck."

By sarah on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 04:35 pm:

i am this close to quitting my job today.

By Isolde on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 04:41 pm:

Quit, Sarah, join the ranks of the temporarily unemployed!

By sarah on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 05:28 pm:

all i have to do is keep it together for the next 6 days.

the problem is that i think the PMS symptoms are finally on their way back in. i've been in remission for a much longer time span than one typical menstrual cycle. really though, i should not feel this upset, this irritable... the anxiety, panic, fatigue, headaches, bloating, violent mood swings.

the compulsive behavior.

i think all of it may be on its way back and i'm beginning to worry. it gets really, really ugly.

i don't know, though. right now... i could go either way right now. i think i can do it for six more days. i'll see how i feel after this job interview.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 09:49 pm:

well well. it wasn't a completely worthless piece of shit day after all. the interview went really well. it's so funny. all tech jobs here are in such high demand, there are just no qualified applicants in hawaii for even basic internet type jobs. just like my current job did when i interviewed last year, this interviewer showed all her cards in the first interview. they need someone badly, and i'm the most qualified they've interviewed. period.

at the end of two hours, i told her, "it looks like we're on the same page." and she eagerly agreed.

salary. bonus. options. real real good.

another "meeting" on monday, with a recent university grad, Jason, and that will be his first day at work (!!), and another woman who is an html programmer.

i'm not going to jinx myself with expectations, but this feels really good. hot damn, just what i needed. just in time. i can't stand it in this place much longer. i simply don't belong here. all these fuckin suits.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 10:13 pm:

nate. you still diggin' your job? as i recall, we both got our jobs at the same time.

By Hal on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 02:29 am:

I acctually just got offered a job in Spokane (which is cool because my G/F is going to college there...) The job was offered from innuity.com, they do web sites like IBM and Micron... So I'm pretty psyched, I'm just wondering how the fuck do I get there.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 03:31 am:

Walk.

You can thank me later.

By Hal on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 05:20 am:

Thank you Antigone...

It might acctually be faster than driving my car... (volkswagon)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact