Recipes that, in retrospect, were a bad idea.

sorabji.com: Do you have any regrets?: Recipes that, in retrospect, were a bad idea.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By TBone on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 11:06 am:

Deadhead Breadball Casarole:

1 loaf Wonder Bread
    2 Eggs
    1 tsp. butter
    2 tsp. salt
    1 cup pre-grated cheddar cheese
    1 can new potatoes
    1 can creamed corn
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    1 cup bread crumbs

1. Put bread on a clean counter or in a large
    bowl. Crack eggs over the top of the bread and
    mix thoroughly until the loaf is one large, sticky
    mass. Ball up single slices by cupping the bread
    between your hands and pressing tightly. For
    better presentation, poke the crusts into the
    center of each ball. Set aside. Wipe your hands
    on a clean dishtowel.

2. In a large saucepan, quickly melt the butter.
    Add the breadballs and saute until they are
    browned on all sides. Stir gently or flip a la
    Galloping Gourmet.

3. Combine all of the remaining ingredients except
    the bread crumbs. Stir until mixture is hot and
    cheese has melted completely. Add water if
    mixture is too sticky.

4. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top and
    server directly from the pan.

Serves 1 or 2.

We decided to make it a double batch to server 4
    of us. We barely choked down half of it, and we
    were damned hungry. I think the creamed corn was
    particularly damaging.

By TBone on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 11:12 am:

And for desert:

Twinkie Casserole:

2 dozen Twinkies
    1 large jar caramel topping
    1 bag miniature marshmellows
    1 large jar hot fudge
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    dash brown sugar
    2 dozen Oreos

1. Line the bottom of the casserole dish or a
    large plate with the Twinkies.

2. Pour the caramel topping evenly over the
    Twinkies and smooth with a knife.

3. Pour the miniature marshmellows over the top of
    the caramel until it is completely hidden

4. Pour the hot fudge over the marshmallows

5. Sprinkle the spices over the hot fudge.

6. Layer the Oreos on top of the casserole

7. Serve immediately.

Serves 2 or 3

Variation:
    Before putting the Oreos on top, add a thick layer
    of vanilla or coffee ice creeam on top.

4 of us ate maybe a quarter of this. It's
    insanely sweet. Dangerous stuff.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

we built a twinkie casserole on the air once. i ate a 4 oreo piece.

i got such a sugar high. i've never had such a sugar high before.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

Interesting. I get sugar lows. If I ate that, I'd fall asleep about 10 minutes later.

By moonit on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:42 am:

Can somebody send me twinkies?

T-bone I found something for you the other day that I thought I had posted.

I'm a bad bad Moonit.

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 09:23 am:

I will!

By TBone on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 09:58 am:

It's cool. I'm bad about getting stuff sent out
    myself. In fact, I don't think I've successfully
    sent out any boxes at all.

Damn. I should get crackin'.

We still have leftover twinkies. If there was a
    way to safely mail the rest of the casserole, I'd
    send it to anyone who wanted it.

By Nate on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

i haven't eaten a twinkie since i ate that casserole.

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:02 pm:

my father used to bring home twinkies and hershey bars and put them in the freezer. he'd break off a few squares of chocolate or slice off a little bit of twinkie every so often, and wrap the rest of it up and put it back in the freezer for later. he'd get upset if my sister or i ate any.

By sarah on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

wolfing down half of t-bone's twinkie recipe, *that* i get. but a slice of twinkie? one square of chocolate? i don't understand people like that. does not compute.

By sarah on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

i made banana coconut bread this morning, with real coconut. it's cooling on the rack right now.

i also made tossed salad, george foreman grilled steak, and homemade tahini salad dressing.

last night i ate miso salmon steak on bok choy with asian slaw.

there is a fresh pineapple and a fennel bulb rotting in the refrigerator.

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:52 pm:

i have two theories about that thing with my dad:

1. it's an irish thing - something leftover from his grandparents who were dirt poor livin' off potatoes and got to preserve every morsel micks, or

2. he is anal-retentive. which is what my mother thinks.

i've till got mangos and "mexican beauty" papayas in my fridge.

By cyst on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

the worst thing I eat regularly nowadays is grocery store-bought, plastic-wrapped whole-wheat bread.

I know it contains some crazy preservatives to make it stay soft for a week. real bread goes stale overnight.

but I cannot buy bread for sandwiches each morning! this is not europe!

I buy all my other groceries (except my coffee and granny smith apples) at trader joe's, whose food contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. wait, that cannot be true. what about the lunch meat? what about sulfites?

anyway. I've recently decided not to eat much mediocre unhealthful food. so I'll eat imported dark chocolate but nothing from a vending machine. tuscan bread drenched in a fine olive oil, sure, but no steak fries. german chocolate cake yes, ho-ho no. since I seldom go to fancy restaurants anymore and I never ever bring fattening food into my home, I've been losing some weight without feeling like I'm dieting.

I have yet to take a firm position on the issue of chips and salsa, however. well, yeah, I guess I have. I eat them.

By spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:02 pm:

sarah, post your recipe for the banana coconut bread, please.

By sarah on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:15 pm:

ok, well, first you gotta get a coconut, break it open,(drink the milk immediately), dry the fruit out for a day, and then shred it up using a very sturdy cheese grater. otherwise you can use dessicated raw coconut, which you can buy at a health food store generally. don't use that sweetened or even unsweetened flaked coconut you get in a bag at the grocery store because it just won't taste as yummy.

there is a tiny little spider hopping around on my desk right now. coincidence? I THINK NOT!

ok, from memory:

Ingredients

2 eggs
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 stick butter, soft
    2 tbs sour cream
    3 medium way overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 to 1-1/2 cups)
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 tea almond extract
    1/2 tea vanilla extract

1-1/2 cup flour
    1-1/2 tea baking powder
    1/2 tea baking soda
    1/2 tea salt
    1 tea cinnamon

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
    In one bowl, mix or beat eggs, sugar, butter, and sour cream until well blended/fluffy. Add bananas, coconut, extracts, and mix well.

In another bowl combine everything else but the walnuts. Stir it up and then pour it bit by bit into the banana mixture until just combined. Stir in the walnuts.

Spoon the batter into a well greased standard bread loaf. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.

By cyst on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

the best way to get fresh coconut is to fly to ixtapa, mexico, and from there take a taxi to zihuatanejo. check in at one of the downtown hotels. work up a sweat walking up nd down to playa la ropa. lie in the sand, get a little tan going, go for a swim.

then ask one of the local boys to climb up a palm tree and pick you the biggest, ripest coconut. then have him split it open for you. give him a few pesos.

if, after all that, all you can think that you wish the coconut milk were cold, then I have no more advice for you, you pathetic, miserable wretch.

By Nate on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

like a poem

By spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:56 pm:

Can two big way ripe bananaz be substituted for 3 medium ones?

That sounds really, really good. There's a Trader Joe's in Bethesda...think they'd have the right coconut?

By cyst on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

trader joe's produce is really hit or miss. I cannot advise buying any fresh vegetables there except the baby spinach and baby carrots. and maybe the bananas. what a great fruit, so disingenuous. they never surprise you.

what I buy there every week:

corn tortillas, 49 cents
    half-gallon skim milk, $1.49
    marinara sauce, $1.79 or something
    eggplant parmigiana, $1.99
    ratatouille, $2.99
    frozen mango chunks, 99 cents or something
    raspberry jam, $2.49
    shrimp stir-fry, $3.99
    stir-fry vegetables, $1.99 or something
    ginger black bean sauce, $1.99
    chunky salsa, $1.79
    pineapple salsa, $1.69
    beans, 99 cents
    non-fat plain yogurt, 99 cents a pint

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

i like that marinara sauce, because its pretty plain jane and you can snaz it up with peppers, onions garlic or whatever you like.

i don't like the chunky or pineapple salsa, so i stick with the regular....i like salsa thin and damn spicy.

i don't usually buy veggeies there...but onions and peppers are usually ok. the bag-o-salads are usually fine too. Although they always have the sweet maui onions, which are fine, but id like to see other kinds.

they have those little cups of soup and mashed potatoes which are pretty decent for lunch.

By cyst on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 07:37 pm:

sometimes they sell "northwest sweet onions" in seattle, but that may just be a regional thing.

oh yeah, I've consistently had good luck with the zucchini there. and I got very good grapes once.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

they have those too.

i want yellow onions....or vidalia onions....and red onions from time to time....or sometimes just plain white onions.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

they have those too.

i want yellow onions....or vidalia onions....and red onions from time to time....or sometimes just plain white onions.

By NATE - STUPID on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 08:34 pm:

FUCK YOU GFUCK ONINONS.

By patrick on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 11:34 am:

i hear ya man...no, really i do!

By pez on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

an alternative to steak fries:

preheat oven to (i belive) 425 degrees.
    scrub a large baking potato.
    slice in wedges (eight or more...sometimes as many as 24+)
    spread olive oil on baking sheet and arrange potato wedges.
    bake for 50 minutes to an hour, pulling out once to use a spatula and prevent sticking.

eat with tons of ketchup.

yum.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 02:48 pm:

i came across soemthing absolutely tasty this weekend.

asparagus wrapped with a slice of bacon and grilled.

actually grilled asparagus is the only way i eat the damn things....if you have never tried grilled asparagus...you must. Marinated in garlic, oil and onions works well too.

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

Yum,I used to pick wild asparigus when I resided in Oregon.Most veggies are quite tasty when grilled.A light coating of lemon butter,and a seasoned salt preperation........uuummmmm.
    Add a pinch of nutmeg to yellow squash,for a true tasty delight.

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

Anything's made better with a slice of bacon wrapped around it. This Chinese place I used to go to made these great appetizers: they'd cut a chicken liver in half, put a water chestnut in the middle, put a slice of bacon around and put a toothpick through it and broil it. Mmm dogies, that's good eatin'.

I love asparagus just steamed, with butter & salt.

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

oooooooh,I just remembered I have some fresh artichokes in the fridge.Now thats some good eatin.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

i made little pizzas that came out pretty good, especially for someone who loathes pizza.

i took huge round eggplants and sliced them thickly and roasted them in the oven for 20 minutes. these were the crusts. you don't need to brush them with olive oil because eventually the fat from the cheese oozes down into it. anyway, then i put homemade tomato sauce* on top of the eggplants. then i put slices of habenero spiced sausage on top of that. then on top of that i put julienned zucchini and red pepper. and on top of that i sprinkled parmesean and mozerella cheese. and then i baked broiled it for 10-15 minutes.

homemade tomato sauce. you can cook it in a pot if you feel like it for the pizza recipe, but you don't have to.

in a blender:

2 cans whole, sliced, or crushed peeled tomatoes.
    1 can tomato paste.
    6 cloves raw garlic.
    1 tbs crushed red chili pepper
    italian spices of your choice
    salt to taste

By sarah on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

almost forgot... make sure you drain the canned tomatoes!!

By sarah on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

a bunch of folks i work with all agree that their urine smells really, really pungent and different after they eat asparagus. i've never noticed such a thing.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

im thinking with assloads of beer, such was the case the other day, it didn't matter. dilution factor.

By TBone on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

asparic acid. It doesn't happen to everyone.
    Something in your genes.

Asparagus sure works on me... Whooeee..

And I can never get my artichokes to work. How do
    you prepare yours?

By sarah on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

ok, here's another recipe i thought up and made this weekend. it's sorta like lasagna. i've been on an italian kick.

ingredients:

1 large pkg firm tofu (15 or 16 oz?)
    2/3 cup ricotta cheese
    2 large zucchinis, sliced
    1 bunch fresh spinach, washed, stems removed
    1 cup parmesean cheese
    homemade tomato sauce (see above :)

directions:
    ok, first you drain the tofu and put it in a blender with the ricotta cheese and blend until it's well combined. divide it in half.

line the bottom of a small square pan with a layer of sliced zucchini. on top of that put on a thick layer of fresh spinach. on top of that put a thick layer of 1/2 of the tofu/ricotta and mash it down. on top of that put a thick layer of tomato sauce. on top of that sprinkle 1/2 cup (or however much or little you want) of parmesean cheese. repeat all the layers once more.

cover pan tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes. drain liquids from pan and serve hot.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 07:12 pm:

just steam your artichokes until the outer petals are loose. about 45-50 minutes, i think.

aspargus makes my piss reek.

i hear it also makes cum taste foul.

which is funny, because i've always been under the impression that cum tastes foul period.

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 8, 2001 - 11:50 pm:

Nates right.Steam em or sometimes I boil them.If I boil them I add a little cooking oil,and toss in a clove of garlic,about 35 minuets does it,when the outer leaves come off easily,and are nice and tender.Melt some butter,usually I add some lemon juice,and definitely some salt,then start dipping.Sometimes when I'm feeling adventuresome,I add a little Marsala wine to the butter,uuuummmmm.[actually,I add Marsala wine to several things I cook,its delightful in homemade Thousand Island dressing,and I never saute shrooms without adding it]

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 12:20 am:

just dip the shit in mayo.

i'm about 45 minutes from the artichoke capital of the world.

By Czarina on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 12:25 am:

ooooooooh,Nirvana!

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 01:17 am:

I like artichokes dipped in Wishbone Italian dressing.

By Nelly on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 02:44 am:

Put a few drops of red wine vinegar in the mayo. Just enough to make it smooth. your artichoke will thank you.

By Cat on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:26 am:

Sarah bella, if you have a little Mediterranean thing happening, you have to try this layered salad-sorta-terrine thing -

*large eggplant, roasted and sliced
    *2-3 red bell peppers, grilled, skins removed
    *3 zucchini sliced
    *heap of mushrooms thickly sliced
    *small block of fetta cheese
    *English spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)

Cook up the zucchini and mushrooms in a little red wine and garlic. Use a glass salad bowl and layer in the eggplant, red bell peppers, fetta, spinach, zucchini and the mushrooms. Press down as you go so it all hangs together. Pour over 3-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar mixed with a few teaspoons sugar. Put something heavy on top of it, refrigerate. If you're trying to impress, line the bowl first with cling wrap, then turn it out after refrigerating overnight and decorate with some cherry tomatoes or basil or olives or whatever.

Yummy with steak or chicken and it lasts ages in the fridge for lunches. You could probably make it with other things like artichokes too.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 09:38 am:

Last night I took a raw boneless chicken breast, cut it into strips, and set it aside. Then I heated up some olive oil in a frying pan, threw a diced plum tomato (minus seeds), a bit of chopped onion, and some mushrooms in the pan. Added salt, pepper, basil, parsley, and oregano. Sauteed until the tomatoes were somewhat reduced. Threw in the chicken and lots of fresh baby spinach. Sauteed more. Added just a little splash of chianti. Cooked until done. Served with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese on top. Yum.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 09:48 am:

Yeah Nate Asparugus will do that to you... Actually talked with a good female friend of mine on this subject last night... If you want your jizzum to taste "good" (her words not mine) eat celery, and avoid things like asparugus and garlic. But apparently celery will make it taste nice and sweet.

Who fucking knew?

By patrick on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 11:54 am:

aaaack

celery? fuck.

i wish i liked things like eggplant, artichokes and mushrooms.

my palate needs expanding.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 12:09 pm:

Its all about how their cooked my friend, all about how their cooked... I gurentee that you would love stuffed/deepfried aritichoke... Mmmm the goodness.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 02:53 pm:

jesus. that's so unnecessary.

i'll expand your palate, patrick.

just bring it up here.

By J on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

I've never met an marinated artichoke heart that I didn't like,same for mushrooms and eggplant,both are wonderful in a tempura batter and fried.Gosh,I thought I had a few minutes of peace but I hear partyboy,gotta go.I love fresh asparugus,hate the canned kind.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

you just can't say things like that nate and not recall some of the mpgs you have posted lately.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:12 pm:

BBWWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! whoooo that was a good one!

nate, the man's got a point. ;-)

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

there is no such thing as canned asparagus. what you speak of isn't even food.

here you go patty:

go buy some mushrooms. decent size generic white mushrooms. clean them with a wet paper towel. don't run them under water unless you find stubborn dirt. mushrooms are sponges.

pull all the stems out.

put a little mound of creamcheese in each cap and line them up on a baking sheet. sprinkle lemon pepper over everything.

put the sheet of shrooms under the broiler. watch them, pull them out when the cheese starts to go golden.

if you don't like that shit, you're beyond hope.

eggplant: cut into 3/4 inch thick disks. dredge in a beaten egg, then a mixture of dry parm, fine breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, oregeno. fry in olive oil over med-low heat until golden brown on both sides. plate with marinara and fresh shredded parm. maybe a little sauteed zuchs and bellpepper, onion and garlic on the side.

a little spring of basil would look nice, too.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

jesus sarah, patrick don't never have a point.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

cat, that sounds absolutely nectar. i have all the ingredients except the mushrooms. i'm going to make that this weekend. thanks!

marinating in the fridge:

1 block fresh ahi in sesame oil, rice vinegar, an obscene quanitity of wasabi, shoyu, ginger, and honey. dredge in ginger and ground black pepper and roasted or raw sesame seeds, then sear. fuck yeah.

By Nate citizen maguro on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:24 pm:

hmmmmmmmmm. i going to the market. i hope they have ahi today.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 04:56 pm:

i used to wail on my brother when he called me patty. then he wailed back, 7 years stronger.

the eggplant deal sounds good.

mushrooms just freak me out.

By pez on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

fancy crackers, cream cheese and pickled asparagus make for good eating.

a nice "fancy" appetizer for when you're camping or even at home.

nothing is like a good grilled portabello.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 05:47 pm:

especially when you fill the portabello cap with balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic.

hm.. my asparagus is done steaming.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 08:15 pm:

here's what i'm going to do with my asparagus... i think it will go well with the ahi.

1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch
    1 1/2 cups English cucumber - chopped
    3 green onions, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, julienned
    1-2 oz feta, crumbled

2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed

Steam asparagus about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Put asparagus, cucumber, red bell pepper, green onions, and feta in a bowl.

Whisk together the mustard, honey, vinegar, dry mustard, oil and chopped dill. Cover salad and dressing separately. Refrigerate until chilled.

Pour dressing into salad and season with salt and pepper. Line large bowl with lettuce and mound salad in bowl. Garnish with dill sprigs.

and if you all are good and play nice, tomorrow i will report on the smell of my urine.

By pez on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 08:28 pm:

yay!

By Nate on Wednesday, May 9, 2001 - 09:33 pm:

my piss smelled... odd.

By pez on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 12:03 am:

i'd rather be stabbed by a carrot than by a knife.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 08:56 am:

instead of filling the shrooms with cream cheese,stuff with Jimmy Dean hot sausage,and put them under the broiler.......yum

By J on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 11:52 am:

Or some bread crumbs and minced onion.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 12:04 pm:

Jalapenos stuffed with Jimmy Dean sausauge and then broiled. A taste treat for the entire family.

By sarah on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

Dougie, did you ever receive the mango butter i mailed to you?

By Nate on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

hm, i don't do jimmy dean.

creamcheese + lemon pepper sounds so much better.

HOT LOAD DIRTY SANCHEZ.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact