My Name Is Jim and I'm a WAYD-caholic

sorabji.com: Who are you?: My Name Is Jim and I'm a WAYD-caholic
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 11:17 am:
    I wonder if posting WAYD thingymajigs here will be the same....

What do you think, Ridin' and Dani???

Hmmmmm?

By Dani on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 05:18 pm:
    Well Jim...I think it's a shame that people just cant stand to see other people having fun and making friends and enjoying other people. I voiced my opinion already and I dont feel the need to do it again but I can honestly say that if there were a Internet bad business like complaint department, I'd be the first to file a complaint.
    Anyhoo, I dont give a rats ass who does or does not like our little pet names for one another...And you will always be my JimbabeLoverLips no matter what. I was at work today and this woman cums in and sits at the bar with a brand new baby...she had the baby in one arm and a fuckin' beer in the other so Manuel, the guy that owns the place, says to her..."excuse me ma'am but we dont have your type here..go home and take care of that baby and he refused to serve her.....so she left. Thats what I call good business behavior....that guy will succeed for sure. And oh my God..what a babe Manuel is...I'm skeert to do a LOL so I wont. Being that this aint the WAYD page, I guess I'm allowed to just talk freely about that ever I want so I think I'll talk about Florida and my job. Well, Florida is great so far. Averages about 92-95 each day so far. They say this is rare for June...they say this is August weather. I love the heat though. Beaches are beautiful....people are friendly.....hubby and I are getting along great now. We werent getting along so great at first but we are closer now then we have been in years. My sister Denise and I are also closer then we have been in years. I didnt realize how much I missed her till I got here and spent the last 3 weeks with her. I now live 4 streets away from her and we do everything together. Like sisters should I guess. My brother Mike will be here on June 19th for the summer and I'm looking forward to that also.
    I swore that when I got here, I wasnt going to work in a restaurant again. But, this Greek guy Manuel just built this gorgeous huge Billiards hall , bar, and cafe...absolutely a beautiful place. So, he needs alot help getting the place up and running and organized so when he asked me to help him out, I said sure, why not. So, I cook in the cafe...order all the food and booze for the place and play pool and do happy hour a couple nights or a couple days a week and get paid for it..cool beans if ya ask me. I've met alot of really nice people there too. My mental outlook on people and things is very different since I moved out of NY...I feel much better about everything. I can see things and people for what and who they really are. This move was the smartest thing I have ever done. I came home from work today and the door bell rings..it was a local Florist with this huge bouquet of flowers...they were from Manuel thanking me for all my help over the last week or so. Appreciation is a wonderful thing. I guess I've written enough for now...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 05:34 pm:
    Danidarlinsugarlumpscasementwindowsurgeprotector, You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Dani on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 06:36 pm:
    JimbabeLoverLipsHoneyBunsSweetPotatoePieCinnamonRollHotCakesAppleOfDanisEye....you ROCK too!!!!! I feel all...all....all..all...funky down there...(ha ha ha laugh laugh laugh)...me bad?

By Chordata on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 09:39 pm:
    The difference between this board and a business about which you have the right to complain: in one case, you provide money for services rendered, and in this one, you pay nothing and are guests of the webmaster, who has complete discretion.

Thanks for your work, Sorabji.

By Dani on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 09:57 pm:
    Uh, I dont know what planet your from but out of all the ohhhhhhhh say 100 web sites I frequent, I pay shit there too...And for your info, I thanked Mark already and I didnt kiss his ass in doing so...I did it discreetly and privately...yeah I know I cant fuckin' spell but I'm sure you get my drift oh high and mighty one. You may now wipe the shit off your nose.

By Paul Williams on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 11:22 pm:
    Unfortunately when people are on WAYD they're all doing the same thing, sitting on their asses looking at a computer screen. WAYD was doomed to take other forms by it's very nature.

That said, Eleminating a place on Sorabji.com for people who love Sorabji.com to talk to others who feel the same would be a mistake. I also liked being able to see and visit the posters home pages on WAYD. All this enriched the experience of Sorabji.com as much as the other boards.

What's really funny about this is that I operate over 20,000 individual forums as a partner in People-Talk.com but the only place I ever post is here at Sorabji.com.

Paul Williams
    http://www.josephcharles.com/paulwilliams

By Dani on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 12:12 am:
    Paul Williams....good to see you!! been a long time!!!! I agree completely with all you said...Um, by the way, how are those turtles????? It aint the same here in this Mingles section..WAYD was MUCH better, and easier in my opinion....I post at one other bulletin board and have for a very long time now but the WAYD was always more cozy for me...dont know why but it was. But l guess all good things must come to an end and change...not for the better in this case.

By Kelsey on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 01:25 am:
    dani, not meaning to start a fight, but why do you have to attack everyone that disagrees with you and call them names? can't we all just be-have?

By Chordata on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 01:43 am:
    My posting was not meant at all as an aggression or insult, and I am taken aback to have received such an insulting response. No offense was meant. I am sorry that an area of enjoyment for you was removed. You seem really upset about it. I just want to give credit where credit is due.

I am unclear on how you pay for this site, but no matter.

See you all around.. Enjoy mingling.

By Dave on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 03:34 am:
    For some reason, I'm reminded of being at parties where the host has had enough but the guests have not and in fact are feeling their oats and looking for trouble so when the host of this fine party decides that it's time to say "g'night, everyone", the guests turn on and pick on the host for shutting down their place to party. They think they have some kind of right to be at the host's place as long as they damn well please and who in the hell does this "host" motherfucker think he is anyway? I was going somewhere with this. . . Anyways, Whoa, big wolf spider appears beside me, um, anyways, the daily chatroom event that was WAYD was annoying long ago, sure it was entertaining at times, but it got so I never cared to see what people were doing because LOL smooch baby baby yada yada. G'night, kids.

By Sarah on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 06:28 am:
    Paul.

everyone on a bus is basically doing the same thing. riding from one place to another. but that doesn't mean that other thoughts, ideas, or acts become insalient. WAYD was not doomed to anything at all -- although perhaps some sort of change was inevitable, as is the nature of everything.

mark did not eliminate a place on Sorabji.com for people who love Sorabji.com to talk to others who feel the same way. that's what Mingle is for. as he clearly stated, that was never the intended purpose of WAYD. and i'm possibly as guilty as anyone for misusing that forum. but i respect his wishes to protect whatever the artistic/zen value of WAYD.

also, people are free to post their URL's in this forum as well.

i agree with Chordata and Dave. this is Mark's gig. he can do whatever he wants, he gets to decide what WAYD is for, and none of us have the right to anything. and if someone has a problem with it, then it's exactly that: THEIR problem. no one is asking them to hang around if they don't like the rules. it's that simple. i'm not ass kissing, i'm just stating a fact.

By Dani on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 08:24 am:
    with my walking in shit boots on nice and tight, the fact of the matter is this..there were never any rules or regulations posted at WAYD..As I very nicely put it to Mark yesterday, if he was unhappy with the messages being posted, a simple behave yourselves woulda been cool. Wow, your taken back from THAT message I left? Talk about being a softie...toughen up. One day, you all outta go read all the postings from WAYD from November 1997 till present and see who attacks who. I can guarentee, I never ever started. It was always you people coming out with something mean or ignorant to me. However, I never got all upset about it and felt sorry for myself, you got it right back but only 10 times worse. I'm sure you all have noticed the fun times we have had there....sorry you all were just to lame and jealous to enjoy it the same way we did. Thats your deal not mine. I have fun and get along with everyone no matter where I go...until I get talked to like shit. Thats the way life goes. As any normal human being with red blood running through their veins, it's always sad to see a good thing go...I mean really....duhhhh...I could give a flying fuck what someone does or dont do with their web sites. I intentionally wrote a few things in this Mingle section yesterday and last night cause I wanted to see something. Take notice that when I write about normal, calm, everyday things, they go ignored. BUT..when I get a little fiesty or voice my opinion, the bugs come crawling out of every fuckin' crack. Back in March, I posted in Mingle for the first time under What does it look like where you are and Mark was the only person who had something nice to say about it. It went ignored. Fact of the matter is, you people love it when I'm a bitch....gives ya's something to do I guess..be your normal, judgemental, my shit smells better than yours, rude, and ignorant selves. You dont like what I say?? Get over it.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 10:42 am:
    I agree with parts about what everyone has said. In a private e-mail to our host I said that had I been asked to tone it down, I would have, as this is HIS place. His creation. HIS technology. But, nonetheless, it seems that WAYD is back in all it's glory. As Paul so succinctly put it:

"Unfortunately when people are on WAYD they're all doing the same thing, sitting on their asses looking at a computer screen. WAYD was doomed to take other forms by it's very nature."

Ok... everyone... let's all make up... ok???

***GROUP HUG***

By Dani in her glory on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 10:53 am:
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!! I'm fuckin' DYING here!!!!! WAYD is back!!!!!!!!! as I stick my tongue out at all you lame ass boring people, I give Jim the biggest hug and squeeze him real tight!!!!! As I said in a private e-mail to Mark this morning...he ROCKS!!!!!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 10:56 am:
    Ahhh, Dani. Ever the charmer.

ROTFLMAO

By Dani on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 11:09 am:
    It's a gift...what can I say...HA!!!!!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 12:40 pm:
    HA indeed!

By Blindswine on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 12:46 pm:
    this is the lord of the flies.

who shall we eat first?

By Dani on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 03:23 pm:
    I dunno about the rest of ya's but I love to be eaten...slap a tongue on me and I'm good to go..

By Whatthefuck on Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 09:18 pm:
    What in the hell is WAYD?

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 10:43 pm:
    WAYD = What Are You Doing

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact