im pissed

sorabji.com: Who are you?: im pissed
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Wormfreeze on Sunday, September 27, 1998 - 03:46 am:

happy is offensive to me, due to a depraved childhood, where my creativeness and opinions were worthless, and a masichistic desire to harm myself while protecting others
    i dont like user-friendly, i dont like easy, i dont like the idea of our world becoming a self made Utopia
    it bothers me
    easy is good sometimes, i mean, some things are just uncalled for. im not going for 12 hours of homework a night or anything; homework is to make the teacher's life easy, and we dont benefit from it, but also, our lives will never be easy, and when there's no homework, something else will bother us more, making us bitter old people, while our grandchildren grow up to "refine our world" to only disappoint themselves
    i'm reading a book called brave new world, i've read it before
    it talks about where our world is going, with religion taken away to protect, when it only protects the weak, and lives made generic with manufacturing until people dont even have families anymore and babies are made from semen and eggs taken from people, and when they grow up, they're all raised the same, so nobody has opinions, and nobody gets hurt, until all challenge is taken out of life, and people take drugs given to them from the goverment they are raised to support, as happiness, but even the drugs are refined and have no side affects except addiction.
    nothings real, and everyone loses, and nobody could tell you what a soul is, becuase they're whole lives revolve around being truly content, when life isn't supposed to be content, and cannot be content because we are greedy, and there's always more to want, thats why there's a Heaven
    thats where Microsoft and Apple are taking our businesses so far
    kids are forced to take computer classes over generic computers without learning what happens, but how to use a computer. the computers are all the same, with many little twins producing identicle files, that are considered worthless when they are different than how the product was supposed to be generated. high-dollar computer companies are making everything easy, so you have no control over it, but it gets a generated job done. the people who take time to learn about whats going on, (people using linux as an example) have control, and its just as easy as hours spent complaining that they aren't content. it isn't expected to be easy.
    i've watched it in my dad for ever, everyone using a computer, its everywhere

and thats why i'll hack, to specifically make it hard on people who wont learn whats going on, but will still complain about imperfections.

By Kelsey on Sunday, September 27, 1998 - 12:01 pm:

there's the logic. (?)

By Quidam on Sunday, September 27, 1998 - 06:18 pm:

So the secret to happiness is learning Linux?

"The End Is Coming! Recompile Your Kernal!"

By Starchy on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 10:34 am:

Sorry, kid. Running Crackerjack on the town library's /etc/passwd isn't gonna change the world. Sure, I used to do it - for the sake of learning Unix. I only had a 286, so I could run Linux myself, and I couldn't afford to pay for a shell account. Pretty soon, though, I realised what a pathetic attempt at rebellion it was. I used all that teenaged rebellion energy in better ways - not any more productive, but a lot more fun.

Instead of breaking into someone's computer system to prove your superiority, try doing something real. Something that gives you an honest-to-Reinhold-Weege adrenalin rush. Either way, you're putting your neck on the line, but wouldn't you rather have some *real* excitement doing it?

By HaHa on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 12:59 pm:

I kind of agree with you until you got to the part about the computer.

There is, and will always be, the minority that won't take the pill. I personally don't follow trends nor will I fall for any propagandist bullshit. I respect anyone who can think for themselves. Not leaders, not intelectuals, not elitist, but individual free thinkers.

By Quidam on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 01:45 pm:

When I was younger I was really into phreaking. I used to build boxes and hang out on BBS and learn new ways to play with phones. An aquaintance of mine even got busted for it.

But it didn't matter. His arrest made us think we were rebels, part of some goofy "information longs to be free" underground bullshit. It was stupid. All we were was kids making free phone calls.

And one day that hit me. I was sitting at a payphone, my red box singing (to give you an idea about how long ago that was. Red boxes still worked, pretty much anywhere.) it's song. I had my way with the system. Practically unlimited long distance if I wanted.

And you know what I did with that "power"?

I called my friend and asked him if he wanted to do something later in the weekend.

Wee.

Hack if you must, but don't expect enlightenment from it. I've been there. And nobody's home.

By Skachick on Sunday, October 4, 1998 - 01:41 pm:

Wormfreeze-
    What do YOU want out of life? Yes, the government is a screwed up thing but if you spend so much time dwelling on it you're going to waste your life. all i want in life is to have as much fun as possible while I'm here. If that means rejecting the government drug, so be it. I don't want to be rich, or famous. I just want to be happy and to have fun. Everyone is so stuck on this power struggle.
    So you need to find out what YOU want out of life and go for it. Stop worring about what other people are doing and do what you want. If that means throwing homework in your teachers face and saying shove this up your......... you know what I mean. But also realize that somethings lead to other things. For example..... I do my bullshit, time wasting homework because I know that if the institution called school tells the world that I am smart (do the work but don't understand it) I will get a good job. If I don't like my job, I quit. Sometimes happieness cost good grades or even money. So while we hate the system=school, work,.... we do it anyways. I like to create masterpieces of art, but art supplies cost money, so therefore I work. I work at a childcare, how great is that? Perfect.... paid for playing with litle people who think like me.("I don't wanna do math.... I wanna play on the playground") I don't know what I am getting at but it sounded pretty good while I was thinking it. I'll post it anyways.

Fuck the Government!!
    But.... your writting is very good. You made me think. I like that. How old are you anyways?If you don't mind me asking. I am 16 by the way. Now that you know my age you will disregard everything I just wrote right? That's another funny thing about the system.

By Skachick on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 03:44 am:

I wrote that almost a year ago and I was right! Ha! People don't listen to young adults.

By Lawanda on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 01:12 pm:

Hmmm. I read that thread, and what did it have to do with listening to young adults? Seemed to be about "the system" and how some young people were coping with their non-conformity issues.

I try to listen, buy I've passed the whiny young phase and already proceeded into the pissed off middle age sect.

By Jane on Saturday, August 21, 1999 - 12:37 pm:

Lawanda: I'm curious. Why "pissed-off" middle age sect? Disillusionment?

This is what I like about the middle-ages, which seem like a renaissance to me. Non-conformity issues become legitimate choices instead of issues. While I secretly cared about other people's perceptions when I was, um, younger and half drowning in such issues, now I simply don't care. And my interactions with other people are no longer a series of dire warnings about my future.

If I'd known it was going to be like this, I would have arrived here much sooner.

By Lawanda on Saturday, August 21, 1999 - 09:45 pm:

Yup. That's it. I'm not middle aged yet (36), but I have my beliefs,and if anyone doesn't like them, well, pppttthhhbbb! Don't care what people think.

If I'm in a situation (being in a small very conservative town, I get in them a lot) where my opinion is opposite of everyone elses, if it isn't important, I shut the hell up. Most of my opinions are very important though.

One thing I have learned, is that even if I don't agree with someone, I am always willing to listen to someone making sense. The problem is that I don't find many people that disagree with me make sense.

The worst case of hoof in mouth was when I heard this great Princess Diana joke, told it at a little league thing, in front of a lady (that I like) come to find out, that COLLECTS Princess Diana memorabilia for god's sake. She acted shocked. I just shrugged my shoulders and went "Oh well." We're still freinds, but I never bring up the highniness anymore.

By J on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 12:11 am:

I,ve done it too,one time I told this gal in the health club a joke,it was Q:why does the chicken cross the road?A:to get to the other side.Q:Why did the pervert cross the road?A:Had his dick stuck in the chicken.She told me it wasn,t funny,I asked her "then why am I laughing?"I never spoke to her again.

By Czarak1012000yahoo.com on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 09:39 am:

Out Of Order comes Chaos

By H on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 09:41 pm:

Uhmm indeed. The United States Government is out of Order... ppp uhhh hahahahahaha!

By Agent D on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:18 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact