Have You Ever Been Mistaken For a Mannequin ??

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Have You Ever Been Mistaken For a Mannequin ??
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Me.......... on Friday, December 11, 1998 - 02:23 pm:

I'm at work.......I go downstairs and outside on the street corner in front of our building, to smoke a cigarette.......a city bus stops to let out some passengers.......As this one lady gets down off the bus, she glances up at me, as I take a drag of the ciggy, and she screams !!! She grabbed her chest and cried,'Oh,My God !! I thought you were a mannequin !!! So now I'm just not too sure who or what I am..........Should I be offended, complimented, or just forget it ??

By News11 on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 03:35 pm:

Apparently, you are a dummy.

By Corkbutt on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 03:36 pm:

I think you're a wooden head.!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 04:22 pm:

Or a.... um.... blow-up sex doll?

I mean, what was it she shrieked at? Were you losing air?

*pj prepares to be smacked*

By Me........... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 04:34 pm:

I try not to in public, PJ............

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 04:50 pm:

um... try not to smack people or lose air?

By Me......... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 05:29 pm:

Oh......lose air.........SURE, I'll smack you !!
    THWACK !!! and again !!!!THWACK !!!!! SMACK!!!!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 06:44 pm:

LOL

By Me........... on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 10:57 am:

I think I would hate to be mistaken for a blow-up doll...........................

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 11:30 am:

you THINK you would? Hmmm.. shows there's some doubt if you say 'think.'

*g*

By Me......... on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 11:42 am:

Might be fun.............for a while..........

*g*

By PetRock on Monday, January 4, 1999 - 09:07 pm:

A TRUE STORY!!!

The Time: The late 70's

The Place: High School

The What: Health Class

The Details: CPR class. We had to practice giving mouth to mouth on different types of CPR dummies (or is it more accurate to say "Dummys"?). It was our final test for the CPR portion of the class. We had to walk up to the front of the class and draw a slip out of a fishbowl. 1 meant you would demonstrate CPR on the life size male dummy who who was very stiff, very rigid, very immobile. Very hard to manipulate. If you didn't do the compressions just right, the lights on a little console wouldn't light up. Nobody could get the damn things to light up.

Draw a 2 and you got the infant dummy. Don't breathe in too hard or you'll blow the damn baby's stomach up.

Number 3 means you get the female track star, dressed in a warm-up suit and she was inflatable to boot.

I drew 3. Poor Ms. Track-Star had been developing a slow leak all class long. By the time it was my turn to walk up to the front of the class, all nervous, all eyes on me, Ms. Track-Star had a severe case of air leakage. Doing a compression on her chest would cause her legs to fly up in the air. Which would make the class laugh. Which would make me laugh. And it is hard to do the breathing right (tip the head back, sweep the mouth, pinch the nostrils closed, breathe out) when you've got a laughing fit going on.

The poor teacher was so frustrated, and tried so hard to be cool in front of the students, that when I was done, he grabbed poor Ms. Track-Star, pulled her sweatpants down and cut her in half.

A week later he received a bill for Ms. Track-Star. Who knew that CPR dummies with air leaks could cost so much? He asked us for donations to help cover his pain.

Ms. Track-Star was never the same.

By Liam on Tuesday, January 5, 1999 - 04:11 pm:

Very good story. I trust you didn't pay for the repair.

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 5, 1999 - 06:59 pm:

Mistaken for a mannequin?
    And slicing up CPR dummies?

Have you 2 been skipping yr meds again...?

Me -- you might want to consider a career change. I remember years ago seeing a piece on some window display genius who set up a store window (for Barney's, I think -- but don't quote me on that) using live mannequins. They got paid a mint to stand perfectly still in the window for hours on end. It was during Xmas & the display was a huge hit w/the passers-by. But I cdn't figure out how they kept themselves from blinking when people wd stand outside & stare at them/waiting for them to show some sign of life.

Or (if you're male) you cd apply for a job guarding Buckingham Palace.

By PetRock on Wednesday, January 6, 1999 - 01:07 pm:

Liam - not a chance....

Which reminds me of another (TRUE) story that this teacher told us. Of a male CPR dummy that some kid had ripped off from the school a fews years previous. And proceded to use that dummy for uhmm, his amorous, amateurish conquests.

Know what I mean???

By Liam on Wednesday, January 6, 1999 - 02:23 pm:

You went to a strage school PetRock.

By PetRock on Thursday, January 7, 1999 - 09:31 pm:

Are you saying I went to a "straight" school or a "strange" school? I just want to clarify....

Actually, it was just the teachers who were strange....the school itself was pretty normal.

(and I find that you can get a lot done at 9:30 at night when you're still at work....ha!)

By Liam on Friday, January 8, 1999 - 11:46 am:

Strange. My schols typeign classs were notroisouly baf.

By PetRock on Tuesday, January 12, 1999 - 12:56 pm:

I took typing in high school. It was an easy 'A' class.

I can't type worth a damn now. Stupid teachers!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact