You know you want to know

sorabji.com: Who are you?: You know you want to know
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 08:05 pm:

Go here, please, and take the test. It should only take about 15 minutes max. Then post your results here so you can compare yourselves to one another.

Please. Don't make me beg.

By Agatha on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 11:33 pm:

types two, seven and nine were within two points of each other, and the highest scores. what does that tell you?

By friendly on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 12:05 am:

i got a 1/4 way through it and realized it was gonna tell me i'm a loser dork so i quit. like i need to hear that again.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 03:42 am:

I didn't like this test. There weren't enough options in the questions. I kept thinking I don't apply to either of the choices given for some questions, and for others I thought I applied to Both the options. Here's me:

Type 1 - 9
    Type 2 - 24
    Type 3 - 10
    Type 4 - 26
    Type 5 - 19
    Type 6 - 15
    Type 7 - 10
    Type 8 - 6
    Type 9 - 25

By Agatha on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 10:46 am:

looks like we are similar, gee. whatever that means.

By Swine on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 11:31 am:

it means that you both actually spent the time to answer 150 pointless questions instead of just blowing it off and cracking open another beer.
    (like i did.)

i asked joe what kind of "personality type" that makes me.

answer:

"drunken asshole"

oh well. at least i didn't have to spend any time filling out HTML forms to get that conclusion.

By Pink on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 12:34 pm:

you go with what ya know.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 12:46 pm:

Your loss.

It's weird that both of you, Agatha and Gee, had three numbers as your highest ones. Usually what happens is that one number is significantly higher than the rest, and then the next highest number is a number right next to it (eg. 8 is highest, then 7 or 9 is next highest).

As for your troubles, Gee, what you should have done is leave the questions that didn't apply to you blank, and if two answers to a question both applied to you, you could check them both. That would give you the most accurate results.

The test is long, I agree, and not perfect. There are other formats, one being a true-false list of statements. I don't like that either.

What's best is when you talk to someone who knows the system. I know the system. But I can't talk to you, so I thought taking a test would be best.

Seeing as you each had three numbers as your highest, I can't really tell you what your results mean. From a scientific standpoint, the best thing you could do would be to take another version of the test and see how your second results compare to your first. But that's not going to happen.

The enneagram is very very involved, and each type (each number) is very complicated, with different levels of development, different directions of integration and disintegration, different subtypes, and different "prime addictions," as they call them.

I have to go to class in a few minutes, so I can't explain further, but if you're interested, ask me again or email me (if you want a *really* detailed response, which I'm too lazy to give now anyway, and I don't have the book with me either, so...). I don't want to bore you (even more :) ) if you don't want to hear it all.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 12:53 pm:

ok Rhi, you owe me a beer and smoke for that shit

Type
    1 21 Reformer
    2 18
    3 16
    4 12
    5 9
    6 16
    7 21 Generalist
    8 23 Leader
    9 8

wtf?

i think the last half might have been skewed, i was cursing the damned test around question # 100

By Nate on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 02:42 pm:

1 17
    2 7
    3 16
    4 13
    5 23 Thinker
    6 9
    7 24 Generalist
    8 16
    9 19 Peacemaker HAHAHAHA

you can't choose more than one...i think that my personality is situational, and this test kind of proves that.

By heather on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 03:43 pm:

i had to skip a few where the answers seemed insanely irrelevant

but 5 was the highest (thinker)
    and 4 was the next (artist)

but for some reason mine came out relatively even

By Gee on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 05:15 pm:

I would like to hear more, Rhia.

I like to call you Rhia, because it looks like Rhea. I just realized that.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

Gee, you have Greece on the brain. As do I, seeing that I have a Classics midterm in two days, skipped all last weeks' and Monday's classes, haven't done the reading in two weeks, and have spent all afternoon and will spend all tomorrow afternoon and evening studying for the godforsaken thing.

Hence, all explanations will have to wait until this weekend, when I'll be at my house, where my book explaining all this stuff is at.

Oh, would you like to know what my results are? I'm a 4 at level 4 with a 5-wing (meaning, 5 is my next highest type). But I have strong 6 leanings, and I'm integrating toward type 1. Yep.

By Simon on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 07:50 pm:

I got to #20 and realized that too many of those questions gave me "either-or" choices where both were not mutually exclusive and both were applicable to me. Then I decided I'm far too complex for such trivial pigeon-holing and finished my beer.

Y'all can decide better than a test can.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 08:07 pm:

GODDAMNIT.

here i took your fucking test and now i'm slowly realizing that the alternative was a BEER.

WHAT THE FUCK.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 08:12 pm:

i've been bangin my head against the wall for about 15 minutes now nate...i know i know......ain't that a bitch

By Nate on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 08:57 pm:

i just went downstairs and killed a receptionist. i feel much better now.

daisy....daisy...

By friendly on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 09:29 pm:

1 - 20
    2 - 11
    3 - 15
    4 - 22
    5 - 22
    6 - 23
    7 - 3
    8 - 7
    9 - 21

see, i knew it. sixes are lame.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 09:57 pm:

No, dude, sixes kick ass. Just you wait until I get a chance to tell you in more detail...

By friendly on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 12:01 am:

well, maybe.

but fours are lame. i'm telling you all:

I AM LAME! DO NOT ARGUE WITH LAMENESS, IT IS A BOTTOMLESS PIT!

By Gee on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 03:44 am:

Hey!! Four was my highest type! Hoser!

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 09:11 am:

*grrrr* Mine too. How do you like that? I stick up for the guy, he bites me in the back! Must be that counterphobic insecurity he has.

By J on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 10:19 am:

I took that test twice,and couldn,t figure out the score.

By friendly on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 08:52 pm:

hey! you're the hoser! you . . . HOSER!

anyways, can't i kick my own ass without all this interfering guilt-tripping from everybody else? i don't need this shit from you people.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 09:37 pm:

We would let you kick your own ass, Mr. Grumpy-pants, but then how would we have any fun?

By The sss on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 10:35 pm:

you could watch maybe. it'd be interesting.
    well, sort of.

By Gee on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 02:49 am:

LOL "Mr. Grumpy-pants" Hahahahaahahaaaa!!!

whew. That was good.

By J on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

I can kick my own ass but why would I want to?

By Semillama on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

My highest scores were type 5: 21 (thinker), type 9:20 (peacemaker), type 6: 19 (skeptic) and type 4: 18 (romantic).

Even though I am skeptical about these things, It does seem to be fairly accurate, at least for me. My highest scores were all in categroies I would have placed myself in anyway, although in a different order. I would still have put the Type 5 first, but followed by type four, then 6 and finally 9. This may be because I had teh same problem with the questions as everyone else, where I had to choose between tow that were not only not mutually excaptable but equally accurate in describing my motivations. And I did try to select both and it wouldn't let me.

What's interesting is how a lot of us have high scores in a significant amount of the same types. Lots of romantic thinking peacemakers out there...

By friendly on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 07:16 pm:

in other words: geeks and nerds and wimps.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 09:47 pm:

Here's my scores. Also is it just me or has the board been kind of dull the past 2 or 3 days?
    #1 reformer 23
    #2 helper 9
    #3 motivator 20
    #4 artist 14
    #5 thinker 15
    #6 skeptic 22
    #7 generalist 10
    #8 leader 20
    #9 peacemaker 10

and one other thing, FUCK THE FRENCH!

By Semillama on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 09:49 pm:

that's it.

You har a lot of stuff lately on the news about relative percentages of the major ethnic groups in america being on line. I think someone should correlate that with how much of the population of that ethnic group is likely to be percieved as geeks and nerds. I bet there's a direct correlation.

By Antigone on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 11:54 pm:

Type 1 9
    Type 2 18
    Type 3 11
    Type 4 22
    Type 5 25
    Type 6 8
    Type 7 13
    Type 8 14
    Type 9 24

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 3, 1999 - 10:05 pm:

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 3, 1999 - 10:10 pm:

Shoot. I misspelled the link for Type 3, so if you're trying to go there...just type out the link, but take out that "p" in "enneagram."

By Slacker on Monday, October 4, 1999 - 09:18 am:

i gave up after the procrastination question

By Skooter on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 01:08 pm:

My highest scores were 26-Enthusiastic, 21-Artist, 18-Thinker, 16-Peacemaker. Interesting.

By J on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 09:52 am:

Type 1-14 Type2-15 Type3-17 Type4-13 Type5-11 Type6-16 Type-7-22 Type8-18 Type9-18, So if my highest score is 22,I must be a Generalist:the enthusiastic,productive type. Why am I laughing?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact