I was one happy little monkey

sorabji.com: Who are you?: I was one happy little monkey
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

Check out this test:

http://www.emode.com/tests/animal_past.html

Here's what it said about me:

You will be pleased to know that in your former life you were a tiny monkey named Oompa. Your adorably sweet demeanor coupled with your sharp intellect gave you a direct ticket to work with a street performer named Juan. Juan worshipped you and treated you like his own child. He bought you a gold satin jumpsuit with royal blue ruffles, a matching top hat for your head, and an identical one to carry. He would play your favorite disco tunes on his boom-box and you would dance around, flirt with the crowd, while collecting spare change and picking pockets. Everybody loved you. And you loved everybody. You and Juan took your gig around the country, and were extremely successful in almost every city you toured. You were one happy little monkey.

By semillama on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

This is what I was:

You will be pleased to know that in your former life you were a Beagle named Scooter from Allamakee, Iowa. You were the cutest puppy on the entire farm. In fact, you were so adored that you were chosen to be the mascot for the Allamakee High's Junior Varsity Basketball Team. You absolutely loved the attention, the cheers, the cool purple and yellow jersey, and most of all - the pizza parties after the game. However, you became disenchanted with your fate when your sister gave birth to Niko, the newest recruit for the JV team's mascot position. As Niko became increasingly more coddled, the team began to neglect your needs. They would no longer chant your name while they held you over the basket to slam dunk the ball. They stopped making T-shirts with your face on top of the "Antonio's Chinese Food" logo. And worst of all, they fired you when you bit the point guard's mother on the thigh. However, after much moping and grieving, you decided that you must be happy for little Niko. So, with new found contentment, you were able to support Niko and the JV team -- not from the court, but from your new spot in the bleachers.

I don't know if it means anything, but my first pet was a beagle.

By Margret on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

Hermit Crab

You will be pleased to know that in your former life you were a hermit crab named Marisol. Although you were quite a hit in your community, this is the limited information we've found. You were raised an only child in a small coastal community. You were quite a beautiful crab, but you had always been a little awkward around your peers. After failing your public speaking course three years in a row, and setting the record for the highest "Introvert" score in the history of the Myers Briggs Personality Inventory, the town doctors diagnosed you as having a social anxiety disorder. Due to your fear of open spaces and social situations, you decided to keep your business indoors, away from the public eye. During your time alone, you realized your unmatched sculpting talent, and dedicated all of your time and energy to your art. Today there is a gallery in your honor that is rated "#1 Gallery" by all top crab critics.

By Nate on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 02:30 pm:

Not much is certain in life, but we know this much is true. In your last life you were a leopard named Lola. You were a showgirl. With yellow feathers in your hair, and a dress cut down to there. You would meringue. And do the Cha-Cha. And one night at the Copacabana, (the hottest spot north of Havana), you fell in love with Tony, the bartender. Tony fought with Rico over you (he wore a diamond), but Tony won. The two of you grew old and happy and joyfully danced your lives away at the club.

By patrick on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

I love the idea of a gold jumpsuit......

thats so appropriate nate, a showgirl that is....

me?

Monkey

You will be pleased to know that in your former life you were a tiny monkey named Oompa. Your adorably sweet demeanor coupled with your sharp intellect gave you a direct ticket to work with a street performer named Juan. Juan worshipped you and treated you like his own child. He bought you a gold satin jumpsuit with royal blue ruffles, a matching top hat for your head, and an identical one to carry. He would play your favorite disco tunes on his boom-box and you would dance around, flirt with the crowd, while collecting spare change and picking pockets. Everybody loved you. And you loved everybody. You and Juan took your gig around the country, and were extremely successful in almost every city you toured. You were one happy little monkey.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 04:16 pm:

Hey, we were doppelgangers!

By Markus on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

I got the same as Nate. I think it fits both of us equally poorly.

By droopy on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 05:16 pm:

i'm disappointed - i thought nate made that one up and i was impressed by his working knowledge of barry manilow lyrics. in the song, by the way, rico kills tony and lola ends up an old drunken barhag.

By Nate on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

sorry, i my knowledge of barry manilow lyrics is currently sitting on its fat ass swilling cheap beer and watching daytime television, all the while collecting worker's comp.

By droop on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 05:34 pm:

you've killed any chance of my dreaming about you tonight.

By Margret on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 05:48 pm:

last night, i waved goodbye
    now it seems years...

By Gee on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 04:42 am:

I've had that song stuck in my head for days. I have a craving to listen to it.

I was also a monkey.

By Skooter on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 01:28 pm:

Leopard

Not much is certain in life, but we know this much is true. In your last life you
    were a leopard named Lola. You were a showgirl. With yellow feathers in your
    hair, and a dress cut down to there. You would meringue. And do the Cha-Cha.
    And one night at the Copacabana, (the hottest spot north of Havana), you fell in
    love with Tony, the bartender. Tony fought with Rico over you (he wore a
    diamond), but Tony won. The two of you grew old and happy and joyfully danced
    your lives away at the club.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

there have been way too many of these tests on these pages lately. all forms of self-knowledge, no matter how facetious, are bad for you and should be avoided.

By J on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 02:19 pm:

Yea Droopy the less I know about myself the better and I don,t want anyone else to know either,I,ve already been confirmed as sleezy and lazy assed,all true,so I guess my reputation is pretty much shot.I bet my neighbors think so too.

By Nelly on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 07:10 pm:

how could this be? Rhiannon and I were once the same monkey...

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

Hey, don't forget Patrick and Gee. That poor little multiple-personalitied monkey.

By Gee on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 01:31 am:

can you imagian having multiple personalities like This?? Can't we have just One normal personality?

By Roo on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 06:56 am:

KangaRoo: Your Loony Past Life: Leopard
    Not much is certain in life, but we know this much is true. In your last life you were a leopard named Lola. You were a showgirl. With yellow feathers in your hair, and a dress cut down to there. You would meringue. And do the Cha-Cha. And one night at the Copacabana, (the hottest spot north of Havana), you fell in love with Tony, the bartender. Tony fought with Rico over you (he wore a diamond), but Tony won. The two of you grew old and happy and joyfully danced your lives away at the club.

it just figures don't it? if you saw me you'd only know.... passion over diamonds any day...

By Roo on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 07:03 am:

oh yeah, one more thing. i'll dance my life away until i find a tony. i may or may not become a barhag, but i'll never settle....

By moonit on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 09:43 pm:

dammit i was a monkey too.

By tue on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 06:20 pm:

I gotta say sumthin... I was on that test thing and it told me that I was a tiny monkey named Oompa... So I browsed around on Google to see if it was true and I found loadsa sites which people achually believed!!! So no, as you can see it's not true at all because the people who got the monkey ones etc couldn't all be that tiny monkey called Oompa with all simalarities - it's bull LoL! my msn is tuesdaylp@hotmail.com and my website is www.cheekytue.piczo.com seeya later x x

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact