and what are you hiding behind?

sorabji.com: Who are you?: and what are you hiding behind?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By heather on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 04:55 pm:

hooray, new topic

i'll show you mine if you show me yours

things i hide behind-

too much hair
    my winter coat
    silence

and that's just the start of things you never really wanted to know in the first place.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 05:28 pm:

*My hands
    *Whoever is standing next to me
    *My glazed-eye "I'm not listening, you do not exist, you cannot hurt me" face

By patrick on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

-a (sometimes) rampant ego
    -my camera (thanks heather this brought this to light. never thought of it before but my camera does serve as a great hiding place)
    -blunt cruelty (in words)

By droopy on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

i hang around on message boards and tell people i'm a paraplegic because i'm tired of being of so damn perfect in the real world.

By agatha on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 07:21 pm:

words.

By semillama on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 08:04 pm:

procrastination
    self-doubt
    and inaction

By moonit on Wednesday, April 26, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

hair
    the 'dontlookatmeibeinvisible' face. - much like rhi's I would say
    jules
    computer

By Gee on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 01:12 am:

the exact opposite of Agatha - I hide behind silence.

and smiles.

By Isolde on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 02:49 am:

hair.
    words.
    my tender femine exterior.
    put ons.
    the computer?

By J on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 02:43 pm:

I only hide when I don,t want to be found.I use pot,booze,and pills to hide.Closets,I,ve hidden in several of those.

By Mavis on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 03:21 pm:

nothing...
    here i am

By moonit on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

yeah - at work I hide behind my screen when clients come in.
    Theres two I forgot that J hides in - booze and pot.
    Once I got really stoned with Jules and we made a tent out of the couch, a clothes horse and some blankets. It was way cool and I wish I had taken a photo. We hid in it. Then KellyBoy turned up and tore it down.

Bastard.

By patrick on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

i loved making forts when i was a kid

By Rhiannon on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

Me, too. We used to flip the rocking chair over and use it as a draw bridge, and then set up the couch cushions around my mother's desk, and then crawl under the desk. That was our fort, and from it we would pretend to be detectives, and I remember the list of our suspects came from the inside lid of a Whitman sampler box, hence the arch-fiend "Filbert" whom we pursued so avidly.

By patrick on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

yeah, we prided ourselves on constructing a network of tunnels using couch cushions for walls and blankets for roofs. sometimes we would have make out sessions with the handful of neighborhood girls in our forts. that way we could be under the supervison of parents but out of direct sight........i was a dirty little kid thanks to my older brother and the devil.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact