I am not sure.

sorabji.com: Who are you?: I am not sure.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Star on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 08:34 pm:

You know, I just realized today, that I have absolutly no idea who 'I' really am. I saw that I fit into no group, not that that matters. I saw that people walk around every day, knowing who they are, and what they want, and all that, but I have no idea who I am. I mean, I know what my name is, and where I live, all the basic things, but I do not know who I am inside. I am Star, the lonely and unconfident Star. I have a crush on one of my best friends Beth, and I don't know if she feels the same. I am Star, who sings in the shower, has a system for everything, like eating, sleeping, and going into a movie theater. I am Star, who likes cream cheese on saltine crackers, and ketchup on potato chips. I am Star, who grew up on a farm, in the same house forever. I am Star, who is the only person in my immediate family who likes Tori Amos, and the beach. I am Star, who a guy I didn't even know once drove 6 hours to see. I know all this, but yet I don't, I don't know who I am at all...

By Gee on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 11:08 pm:

who does?

anyone who says they know exactly who they are is either lying or misguided.

By Isolde on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 11:28 pm:

Too true.
    It seems impossible to capture the essence of human nature, at any rate. It is wierd how the internet impersonalizes people--it's really hard to capture someone's character in words alone, so everyone gets preconceptions about other people, which are either shattered or realized in eerie detail whent hey meet in person.
    Peculiar.
    Anyway. Enough of my blithering.

By Wraith on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

In this morass of human existance, thank the heavens people are still wondering who they are.
    Too bad none of us will never know.
    Sure, we can associate our "selves" with external characteristics like:
    "I am a stock-broker with bags of money, and I am important"
    Or
    "I am a psycho-tronic love commando and my thingie is bigger than yours so all woman should pay homage".
    Or
    "I am a loser; the world is against me"
    Or I am a nerd, a queer, a rebel, etc.etc.
    But these are all transient qualities that are unimportant labels.
    How one define him/herself is very telling as too whether they are truly exploring life, or know it all already.
    I for one, and it sounds like Star, too, do not know, but must not depair.
    The very act of sharing the little details of life means that you are a lot of things:
    Sensitive
    Adventurous
    Curious
    Free-spirited
    Not bad for starters.
    99% of people that we all dal with on a day to day basis can even get near this.

Listen to a song called Ripple by the Grateful Dead and read Henry David Thoreau's Walden Pond.
    Then think about who you are and be that person.

By dave. on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 01:05 pm:

i am the transitional link between my parents and my child. my purpose is served. undeniably.

By Wraith on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

That was fuckin' a-right Dave.
    I tend to the metaphysical, but there ain't no denying down to earth truth and common sense.

Blessed Be for the straight-shooters.

By OnePercent on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 01:34 pm:

Hey Star,
    Can I watch you and Beth sing in the shower and eat saltines with cream cheese?

Hee-Hee-Hee-Hee

By Jay on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 02:07 pm:

I am a spiritual being having a human experience. I am not a stock broker with bags of money. I am not a movie star with a house in the hills. I am higher than that. I am on a quest to truly live my life at at higher level. In touch with the creative power of the universe and aware of my insignificance.
    why do people pay such homage to movie stars? it's not like they really do anything important. they fucking act for chrissake. they pretend for a living. the only reason actors are put on this pedastal is because americans put them there.
    what about all the doctors and scientists making the world a better place. they are the important ones.
    suckers think that they can fake this,
    but i'm a drop it at a higher level.

By dave. on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

i just spout shit like that to make me feel better about my own personal non-greatness. by pointing out the non-greatness inherent in all of us, i can conclude that i'm doing just fine. that's the theory, anyway.

you guys are.

have a day.

By Star on Friday, June 16, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

Okay....To OnePercent, I say..maybe..but, you see, there is a problem. Beth's boyfriend is basicly "forbiding" her to have lesbian sex...and, to make it all the more fun, I am now dating her cousin...sounds juicy huh...and yes, her cousin is a girl..oh, and on top of this, I have an ex-boyfriend that is wanting to get back with me because he "misses me"....ahhhh....I love the fun and complications, and since my parents don't know I am bi, it makes it all the more interesting...I am like some damn soap opera...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact