I didn't realize a formal introduction was customary...

sorabji.com: Who are you?: I didn't realize a formal introduction was customary...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Willy Nilly on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 02:21 pm:

Hello!

I found this message board a couple of years ago when I followed a link through Yahoo (payphone project).

From time to time I visit and read, and sometimes I post. In the past I just lurked mainly. I didn't realize that was impolite either.

By now I've revealed quite a bit about myself, so I don't know what else to say. I am female. I live in Brooklyn (where the theme song to the Nanny got displaced only when I saw one of the patrons from the library whose name is Angelina... now I have "Angelina" by Louis Prima in my head... much better!) where I work as a librarian in a small branch library. I am originally from Toronto (or more specifically, North York) and I plan to move back to Canada in a few years. Living here is so expensive that I have to work for a few years to save enough money to make my way back!

Um, despite my sometimes mean streak, I love cats (are you picturing the typical librarian? I don't wear glasses).

Most of the people here seem pretty nice - I am amazed at how many of you seem to be personally acquainted... is there a bar where you all meet regularly? :)

I'll check back from time to time...

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

Even thought my name is Satan, I am not mean, I am rather nice. I just want my head back.

By Zephyr on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

Hey...that's how I discovered Sorabji, too.

I really used to be into lurking, then I faded away, and now I'm semi-involved...kinda.

By Willy Nilly on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

It's funny... I noticed that someone I met through a mailing list posted something nearly 2 years ago (I recognised his story). I find that so bizarre. I had discovered the board before that post by about a year... strange coincidences.

By J on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

Coincidence?? Or could it be...SATAN!

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

HaS AnY ONe seen Mi sebered heag?

By Zephyr on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 06:35 pm:

One of my friends has a horrible habit of ALWAYS saying that line, J. He's also a magician.

By moonit on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 08:12 pm:

Does he pull rabbits out of strange places?

By Zephyr on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 09:25 pm:

Um, not that I know of...I'll ask him. This could be interesting <wink>.

He's actually more of a cards and dissappearing stuff guy.

By Sorabji on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 09:50 pm:

the only bar i meet at regularly is the one in my kitchen

By Cat on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 10:54 pm:

Do you have free pretzels or nuts?

By Gee on Saturday, July 29, 2000 - 06:47 pm:

anyone know any jokes?

By Asdf on Sunday, July 30, 2000 - 05:08 pm:

So this guy's driving down the road with 3 penguins in the back seat. A cop drives by, notices the penguins, and pulls him over. The cop asks "whose penguins are those?" and the guy says "they're mine, officer." So the cop says "you can't keep penguins! Take them to the zoo right now!" and the guy says "OK" and drives off.

The next day, the cop passes the guy on the road again, and the three penguins are in the backseat, wearing panama hats and sunglasses. Of course, the cop pulls him over and says "hey! I thought I told you to take those penguins to the zoo." and the guy says "i did, and we had such a good time, we decided to go to the beach today!"

By Zephyr on Sunday, July 30, 2000 - 09:11 pm:

drum roll.

haha. I love "lame" jokes...

"Did you hear about the new pirate movie?"

"No...I haven't."

"It's rated 'ARRRRR!'!!!"

By Gee on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:57 am:

I always ask Ishmael to tell me this joke.

What did the farmer say when he couldn't find his tractor?

"Where's my tractor?"

heeheeheehaha!!

By John from MN on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 03:49 pm:

Hey Willy Nilly are you still around? I found this site looking for teliphone service and saw the old phone booths and then the "What are you doing" segment and thought it was wild.
    Take care, John

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact