And in the beginning...

sorabji.com: Who are you?: And in the beginning...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Sunday, November 12, 2000 - 04:47 pm:

i have been searching through the archives of sorabji out of boredom. and i must ask, who are you sorabji?

a tale about the beginning of sorabji...

who besides mark thomas was here in the beginning? the adams, the eves, the snakes and the fruit?

does anyone know? will anyone tell?

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, November 12, 2000 - 11:03 pm:

No One was here in the beginning. I certainly wasn't. Then again, I am not here now. I am only posting because I am being followed. These posts are the only trails these sorabjites leave. There is nothing else. Nothing. Just crumbs every five feet or so, insoluable crumbs.

By Latecomer on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 02:22 am:

*hungry aura* OOH! look! crumbs! *eats crumbs*

*sigh*

By Gee on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

my heart values his vulgar ways,
    refuses to admit my rage,
    feels strangely elated,
    and keeps denying his guilt.
    when he steals away without me
    to indulge his craving
    for more young women,
    my perverse heart
    only wants Krishna back.
    what can I do?

By Nate on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

mark thomas does not exist. he is a creation of your need for answers. something to fill the void of your unknowing.

there is no mark thomas.

sorabji evolved over the years. from before the beginning of the internet, bits began to align. data converged. colors. light. all falling into place randomly. producing this.

it was not created.

and there is no mark thomas.

By J on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

Just a man behind the curtain.

By Nate on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 04:38 pm:

THERE IS NO CURTAIN.

By pez on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 08:29 pm:

there is no caps.

By Nate on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

you're wrong, sweet thang.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 11:42 pm:

Gee, no truer words ever spoken on these boards. And how appropriate. It is not pertinent how he stole away, only that he did and does, and what message is there in that, I wonder. Some of us know the unknowable here.

Some unknowingly eat only the crumbs. As for myself, in the beginning, there was only the music. There are the notes, and rythyms, and the occasional meaningful pause.

Putting it another way: Why give credence to crumbs when one can cut one's teeth on the cookie, and be cryptic consciously as well as anonymous effortlessly? Such is the origin of longing: clinging to the crumbs, knowing the cookie is out there.

Someone knows, and apparently you do. You still refusing flowers? Good. Keep up the good work.

By pez on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 12:53 am:

well, i don't belive in caps. occasionally shift is allowed, but not caps. there's a career for satan and other weirdos (not that you're not, nate).

By agatha on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 12:20 pm:

in the beginning there was the Yacatizma.

Mark Thomas emerged from this in his primordial slug-like form millions of years ago, befreo even Nate's ass was but a glimmer in his pituitary gland.

It's all gone downhill since.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

there is no mark thomas. you're deluded by your need for answers.

this embodies zen:

there's a career for satan and other weirdos (not that you're not, nate).

at least, i think it's a koan.

By pez on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

zen's fun. i have a book of zen stories on my bookshelf.

if you spell "zen" backwards, you have "nez" which is french for nose and sometimes referred to as a...piece of fruit (or a potato. i can't find my french slang sheet).

"ton the t-a-t-il ote ta toux?"

By semillama on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

Toilet Train your Money in 30 Days!

By Nate on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

toux.

pez backwards is zep.

nate backwards is etan.

www.mp3.com/etan

By Eiguod on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

"ton the t-a-t-il ote ta toux?"

WTF does that mean?

By Tom on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 04:47 pm:

perhaps it means

xout at ote li-t-a-t eht not?

ohm_.

By Dougie on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 05:16 pm:

Possibly, quite possibly, Mot. BTW, are you a hoople? Or a Bon?

By Nate on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 07:30 pm:

el pooh? nob?

By Tom on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 08:07 pm:

I enjoy a good nob-hoopling as much as the next yug, sure. Why? You selling?

By pez on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 02:46 am:

c'est a francais. c'est une tombe-bouche (tongue twister, i don't know the idiom). say five times fast "ton the t-a-t-il ote ta toux" (ton tay ta til otay ta too).

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact