and who do you love?

sorabji.com: Who are you?: and who do you love?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Saturday, August 4, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

we talk about ourselves.
    now tell us about your other

By Desmond Ernesto Alzevaro on Sunday, August 5, 2001 - 01:13 am:

i stood on a moonlit beach in 1996.

sober, but high. i stood with my shoes planted in the sand. the earth breathed up through the soles of my feet. silver waves rolled in seven deep. the moon an open eye over the ocean. tiny frogs sang in the freshwater streams that bubble from the cliffs that circle the cove.

i didn't know her then. i hadn't heard her name then. i didn't have any idea what was coming. but when i think back it is as if she was standing next to me on the beach. add the slight touch of my fingertip tracing slow ovals on the palm of her hand, and the memory is no less honest. add her breath twisting into mine and rising in unison to the moon, and the memory is no less honest. add her glorious blue eyes reflecting ocean, and the memory is intact.

somehow.

i wrote her tonight. i told her, she is a miracle.

from that night a path chose me and i started moving on it. from that night i was on the path that would lead me to her. that would find me walking beside her. it is one path.

i can't encompass her. this suprised me at first. i am used to having my person engulf another. i am used to being the word.

but not her. she is huge. which is not to say that she encompasses me. how would i know if she did? but i don't believe she does. she would be bored early and gone.

she shines. she glows by my side. she is one hundred feet tall with giant golden wings.

i've lay on my back with her head on my chest. her arm across my belly and her leg over mine. from her pours this quiet. this quiet that fills me. quiet, itallicised. warm calm. she listens to my heart tick.

she looks into my eyes when we make love and my doors open. we make love. she has given me monagamy. i never understood before.

she doesn't get angry at me. when i ask her if she is angry, she wonders why. i feel guilty that i would think such petty things would anger her. she seperates words from intentions. she assumes my intentions correctly. always.

she writes. not poems, because she refuses to be a poet. she writes words that combine and vibrate and sing inside of me.

she creates. her soul is soaked with the need to create. she is an artist and wants to live as an artist. she wants to surround herself with artists. she wants to be.

she wants to BE. BE BE BE BE BE.

this is most important. she knows how to live. she knows the basic steps of the dance and everything else can be learned. she wants to learn with me.

ME.

she wants me to teach her. i want her to teach me. and together we can figure out the rest.

she is a miracle.

By Cat on Sunday, August 5, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

The one I love is too precious to talk about out loud. But he's smarter than me and so funny he makes me laugh 'til I'm all warm inside.

By semillama on Monday, August 6, 2001 - 08:59 am:

Bomp-ba-bomp ba-bomp ba-bomp-bomp!

Whooo dooo yooouu llluuuvvvvv?

Bomp-ba-bomp ba-bomp ba-bomp-bomp!

By droopy on Monday, August 6, 2001 - 10:46 am:

i walked 47 miles of barbed wire, got a cobra snake for a necktie....

By Spider on Monday, August 6, 2001 - 11:11 am:

How dryyyyyyyyy I am...

By patrick on Monday, August 6, 2001 - 11:21 am:

its early, im tired, you all suck

By patrick on Monday, August 6, 2001 - 11:22 am:

i figured i've talked about mrs. waffles enough to bore you.

ite early, im tired, i suck

By Gee on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

that's why all the boys like you.

I love a boy, but not in a romantic way. although I realise I act as though it were a romantic love. He's the bestbest friend I've ever had, and he's done more for me than anyone. everything I am, I feel that he's helped me become. I owe him everything.

He's probably the love of my life, but it's not a romantic love. I wonder what it would be like if it were?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:42 pm:

You'd be miserable. Hell, one of you may be miserable already, who knows?

I think I have possession of the bitter and jaded stick from Patrick today.

By J on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:51 pm:

I'm sure you've all seen that picture of a man with his head up his ass,that's pretty much my s/o.

By moonti on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

He's very serious, and pretends to be grown up, but sometimes in front of other people he lets that guard down and shocks the room. He woke me last night by putting his nose to mind and making a dog sniffing noise. He can make me laugh, and he can make me cry, but when we are together it feels right. He doesn't care if I diet, he doesn't care if I don't brush my hair, he thinks I own too many shoes, he hates to kiss me when I'm wearing lipstick, he reads almost as much as I do. He's a good cook and he treats his cat Bear as tho it is his flesh and blood child. (bloody spoilt cat) He shares my love for wierd american junk food (thanks Platypus, Mavis, Pez). He smokes. He's the only man to ever... umm... well I'll let you guess that bit.

By TBone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

My s/o is probably the sweest person I've ever met. She makes me feel silly for taking my past relationships so seriously. Before I met her, I'd have said that I had a fair number of girlfriends in the past. Now, those past relationship seem so trivial and meaningless. I even thought I was in love.

Now I am in love. Especially now. She's starting to gain some confidence in herself and discover herself. As a consequence, I don't see her as often... but she's beginning to like who she is. And that's worth anything.

She's probably the only person around whom I NEVER feel like I have to mask my faults and weaknesses.

She's beautiful and loving and perfect and I love everything about her. She had and still has a tendancy to let a ripple of self-doubt become a wave that keeps growing until it finally crashes. But I even love her tears. I especially love that smile just after the tears. That smile that tells me that I actually said the right thing this time. That smile when she remembers one silly little amazing good thing that I always overlook and may never understand. She loves me anyway.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 06:30 pm:

"thats why all the boys like you?"

cause im tired hungover and i suck or Ive talked about mrs wafflesa t great length?

you confused me, again.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

Cause you said you sucked.

Gee-ese is easy once you learn the vowels.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

im a boy, and i wouldnt like a sucker who is tired.

i gave her the credit that there was more to it, but maybe she lost her edge there for a minute.

By dave. on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 10:42 pm:

that's MY stick, fucker.

By Pupchop on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 12:04 am:

Did someone say geese?

Women and men can never be just friends.
    Believe me; I am old, and I know. Of course,
    until last week I was still undecided on the
    subject, after the thousands of false hopes.

They all fall from grace.

By Gee on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:16 am:

semillama, don't you love anyone? isn't there anyone who's special to you that you can tell us about?

romantic love is not the be-all-end-all. trust me. If someone told me I could choose between the romance of a century and keeping my friend in my life, I'd choose my friend.

By agatha on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:05 am:

i would tell you about he whom i love, but he would get all mad and embarrassed.

HE ROCKS, THOUGH.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 08:41 am:

Not at the moment, gee. and I would say the reverse has always been true.

By bell_jar on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 12:21 pm:

i feel wrong saying this, but i think i'd rather have the romance too.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

why feel wrong?

its totally human.

By pez on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

it's hard to judge like/love. like is friendship, going to do things together and hang out. love is more romantic.

it always ends up somewhere in between, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

you hear about my bumpy relationship life quite a bit, so i don't need to say anymore about it.

what i'll say instead is that i consider the majority of sorabjites to be a surrogate family, i feel a lot closer to you guys than i ever have with my parents and sister.

thank you.

By TBone on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 03:07 pm:

I've always thought the word "like" as a noun sounded funny.

I often use the word love when speaking of close friends. If I need to make the distiction between the love I feel toward my girlfriend and the love I feel toward my best friend, I tend to use "platonic affection" vs "romantic affection". Or I'd jokingly say that I loved my best friend, but not physically.

It reminds me of some of the different degrees of seriousness in a relationship that people would try to express. Seeing vs Dating vs Going Out vs... Fucking? I dunno.
    I could never remember what order they went in, and what each level entailed.

I think it's because relationships are confusing things. It's hard to classify them and to describe your feelings, especially in High School.

I used to be openly critical of such descriptons and thought that the people who used them were too stupid to just have a relationship with someone and too busy naming it and playing their game to enjoy their company. But I've since realized that vocabulary has nothing to do with emotion, and that the words don't matter.
    I wasn't any more in touch with my feelings than they were. Despite the stricter definitions of my words, I wasn't any more specific than they were if you knew the code.

So I don't really have a point. Reminiscing, I suppose.
    Thanks to you too, Pez.

Love,
    TBone

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

I love my folks. I love Aunt Crimson and Uncle Pug and Uncle Ren and most all animals. My kid bro too he is a neat kid even if he is relate to me. I love this guy Dorian and he is real hot with blonde hair. I talk about him alot so every ones probly sick of hearing about him but I cant' help it. I do not have blonde hair like him I wish I did but I have real dark hair and brown eyes we look like oposates but we are alike in spirit. He is my best friend and my boy friend and some day he will be my live in lover. Some days I feel like I will fall apart if I don't see him. I met him in the mall and it was like love at first site and we click right away. If we both did not go to the mall that nite and sit in the food cort we would never meet so, it was fate. Fate was good to give me a family friends and some one to love. And I love God tho I do not under stand him. Or her. I love gerbils too they are cool little animals. Do animals ever think about God and does he look like a great big animal to them. Bow down before the Mighty Gerbil God or he will smite thy ass with stale sun flower seeds! The world is like a rodent wheel you run and you run and you don't get any damn place at all.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

"Bow down before the Mighty Gerbil God or he will smite thy ass with stale sun flower seeds!"

Ha!

By pez on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

oswald, benjamin really looks up to you.

By Gee on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 05:00 pm:

why do you people think romantic love is Everything? I mean it's nice, but life carries on just great without it. there are other types of love and experiences that are So much more fulfilling.

I wish all of you people lived in Toronto so you could be my pals, because I'm so supercool that once you had me you wouldn't need anyone else.

there's no shortage of ego in GeeLand.

By J on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 05:05 pm:

And that's why we love you Gee:)What about practical love? Say somebody that goes out and bust their nuts working overtime,to make life better for you instead of partying with you all blinded by romantic love.But that's just me,and I'm a virgo.

By wisper on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 01:48 am:

he is shiny like the sun. "sometimes you are so clear," i thought "sometimes it's like you're pure light." I thought it, but he said it, to me.
    What do you say when the kindest, sweetest person you know says that you are the greatest person in the whole world? How does that work?

Everyone knows.
    He thinks i'm not insane. He loves everything that makes me so. Everything. Loves my indecision. Loves my crappy car. Loves my kitsch and toys. Loves every thought in my head. Loves my Jesus memorabilia collection.
    Watches as much if not more christian television than i do. That is disturbing.

He smells so good, even when he sweats.

he didn't know how to cook pasta before i taught him to. He just never learned. I want to do things for him that i would never dream of doing before for anyone. I want to clean. I want to make food for him. I am not domesticated. I want to help him do his laundry. I want to do all these crazy things just for him. Things i normally hate.
    Fuck, i can't cook.

He will never grow up.
    Bleached hair and the brightest eyes. A bass guitar. The Big Lebowski. He will be Beetlejuice and i will be Lydia. He will be Jack Van Impe and i will be Rexella. He would leave me for Kevin Spacey. I would leave him for Laetitia Casta. He will be Dali and i will be Gala (but without the infidelity).

Hes a dog, i'm a cat. I'm a panda, he's a lion. He wakes up at 10:30, i wake up at 3. While i sleep he draws me. While he sleeps i draw other things. I stroke his hair until he wakes up and looks right into my eyes and he says "kiss me, just kiss me please"
    "i can't, i have morning stink breath"
    "..i don't care, damnit."

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:55 am:

i love life in general, but men make me confused.

two in particular.

By pez on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 03:52 am:

why do people fuck with my head all the time???????

it hurts.

By patrick on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:20 am:

you are a teenager.

i know that doesnt make anything better per se

but just remember its never as bad as it seems.

i thought, for a turn, i would share something mrs waffles wrote me the other day:

i had to go slave away at the darkroom right after work:

"ah love, you left without dropping a kiss on me (like you do in the morning). i sat on the porch looking for you, watching mountains and sky mix into sunset's arrival. i know you'll be back later, dinner and game and home. it's this time, this quiet, that lets my thoughts wander and wonder what i've forgotten to tell you. i want to love you and teach you what i see, what i find again and again in this life. sometimes i think i'm going in circles and other times it's so clear it's new.

i see big sur everyday. i think about our lives and when i'm barefoot. small houses on the hill look like pebbles at goleta, skin smells like salt air. remind me when my heart speeds, my energy rests quietly in you. "

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact