A big ole chickenshit!

sorabji.com: Who are you?: A big ole chickenshit!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:15 am:

So, there i am, getting on the bus, 7:30am. and BAM there is this bombshell redhead sitting up front. Instinctively, I sit across from her. Shes curious. Thinking to myself i observe: Not a highschool kid getting off on the next stop. She clearly is transferring with the pass in her hand. She looks a little nervous. She would make a great model for Nico's winter sweaters! That long red hair in a fluffy white sweater....hot! Prentending, or half-assedly reading, these things run though my head. Also it keeps me from gawking. Shes looks tall by the size of her feet and her lanky legs propped up. Long curly red hair. Glancing up, i catch her looking at me. She turns and fumbles her feet propped on the seat in front of her. She has that perfect mix of naivety and coy. She HAS to know shes hot, shes just not quite sure how to hold herself, but with a little coaching she could spill out of her shell. YES, i think to myself, I will run, for the first time, the:

"I know this sounds creepy but have you ever done any modeling.....see my WIFE is a designer and I, THE HUSBAND is a photographer.....blah blah blah here's my card"

Im all set to go. She MUST be getting off at subway stop, this bus doesnt really go anywhere else interesting, almost everybody empties at the subway.

Then, a strange thing happens. In hindsight, it may have been a sign. But a BIRD IS TRAPPED IN THER BUS UP BY THE DRIVER!!! Oh my god, there is this bird that must have came in his window and is fluttering around. I start laughing, the driver pulls over and lets it out, she looks a little scared at first but snickers as well. I turn to her and say "Geeeze I hate it when that happens" My sarcasm sinks like the titanic. She looks a little confused. FUCK!! No worries, you've established verbal contact. No worries.

The subway comes.

She stays on.

Chickenshit, I should have said something sooner.

Chickenshit.

Chickenshit.

Chickenshit.

I don't know why but I am terrified to approach women, muchless men, about letting me take their picture. Im afraid men will instantly think Im a big ole queer. Women Im afraid will think Im hitting on them.

Hell today Im even wearing one of nico's sweaters, and I even have my camera on me!!! IM SO LEGIT, yet i feel like a sleeze. I always feel like Im in the negative already that any man approaching a woman has one thing in mind. And Im the first to admit, this woman was a knockout red head, but I can't go there, so whats the problem you say?

Im a chickenshit, thats why?

are you a chickenshit?

By Spider on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:27 am:

Hell, yeah. Even with people I do know, I can't say half the things I want to say. (I mean compliments.)

By semillama on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:37 am:

I am obviously a chicken shit.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:42 am:

It just sounds like you're an introvert, patrick.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:46 am:

othertimes, im the center of attention. im the funny guy. Im quite extroverted at times. It really depends on environment i think

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Oh, absolutely. With strangers and in most social situations I'm generally an introvert. But put me in front of a classroom and I become a complete extrovert. It drains me, though.

By heather on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

i am often an introvert

but i am not a chickenshit

there

By Gee on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 04:28 pm:

I prefer the more technical term of "scaredycat".

By J on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 05:00 pm:

I'm an extrovert,so's Czarina.Shy is a word I can't comprehend.

By Hal on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

Chickenshit!

Not that I can say much, in the presence of a red head as you have described, I'd have trouble speaking, walking, or doing anything that requires motor skills.

By wisper on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:09 am:

i'll be loud and social with people if i have to, at a gathering of some kind.
    it is an act. I want to crawl in a corner.

By semillama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 09:20 am:

I can be pretty quiet.

Until I strap on a guitar.

then,

BLLLLAAAAAAAOOOOOOOUUUUUUWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

By Antigone on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 11:13 am:

Note to self: bring guitar to NO.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact