a right-wing extremist

sorabji.com: Who are you?: a right-wing extremist
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By rwtrace on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 05:20 pm:

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.

Republican Sen. Barry Goldwater" in his 1961 book The Conscience of a Conservative

By Nate on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 05:34 pm:

that's what the rw stands for. shit.

rw always translates to Rogue Wave in my head first. goddamn bastards.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

To bad the Republicans never follow through on that promice.

We'd need to elect a Libertarian for that.

But, I don't think one will be elected for decades.

By patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:57 pm:

fucking A.

where did my post go?

hey Trace, you support queers in the military? sissies in uniform?

Goldwater is actually one of the more fly Repubs in office, and he's a big ole queer to boot!

By trace on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

"hey Trace, you support queers in the military? sissies in uniform? "

I support anyone who wants to serve in the military to be able to serve.
    "Queers" as you so elequently put it are not the problem.
    My beef is with those who go in, thinking they will get a free ride to college, and have a fit when they are deployed to a forward unit...

By patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

so you think Barry Goldwater an extremist?

so if he's an extremist, what does that make someone like P.Buchanan?

By trace on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:01 pm:

Pat Buchanan?
    Traitor

By semillama on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:51 am:

you sure like tossing that word around.

By patrick on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:47 pm:

if this thread doesnt demonstrate your idealogical confusion trace, i dont know what does.

By trace on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

why?

By patrick on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:13 pm:

Goldwater embodies true conservative and republican ideals that you claim to desire yet to you, he's an extremist.

and why P the B is a traitor to you, is beyond me. You two have more in common than you probably know, based on positions you've stated here.

By trace on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:33 pm:

Hmmm
    I did not call him an extremist, his own book did that. I was quoting from his book, confessions of a right wing conservative.

Pat B is a traitor because he left the republican party for a third party.

i am trying to recall which one, but I am wanting to say libertarian?

Phil Graham, now there's my man...

By patrick on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

PB he left for the Reform party i think. Perot's screwball party.

Unless we read the book, we would not know he views himself as an extremist. It looks like you are calling him an extremist and using his book except as example.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact