Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Lawmaker!

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Lawmaker!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 07:38 pm:

Senate majority leader endorses gay marriage ban

My favorite quote is from the very end:

"Generally, I think matters such as sodomy should be addressed by the state legislatures," Frist said. "That's where those decisions with the local norms, the local mores are being able to have their input in reflected.

"And that's where it should be decided, and not in the courts."

M'kay. Last I checked, state legislatures passed laws.

Courts interpret laws.

So far so good.

So, if a legislature passes a law about sodomy, the court should interpret it. Right?

Obviously, Frist's training as a doctor didn't prepare him for this complicated law stuff...

It's all moot, anyway. Any time a politician says they support a constitutional amendment to for anything, they're basically saying, "OK. I give up. But I'm going to back this meaningless amendment that has no chance of passing just to cover my political ass."

By wisper on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

Meanwhile, in Canada....

What a great GayDay it was on sunday. Perfect slightly cool weather and everything.
    The two lawyer guys, Michael Leshner and Michael Stark, who overturned the marriage laws here and were the first gay people to get legally married, led the parade in a big white limo with a 'Just Married' sign on the back! The cheering was intense! I'm so glad i got to see them, i would have screamed out that they were heroes or something but to tell you the truth i was all teary with pride i was in no shape to talk.
    Followd by 10 or 20 other couples, some carrying american flags that said: 'Just Married- Thank You Canada!'
    Almost started crying all over the place.
    What a marvelous time to be here.

the newspaper says:
    "More than 250 gay couples have been married at Toronto City Hall and at local non-denominational churches since the ruling, including about 30 American couples."

But i'm the most excited about this- Fred Phelps is coming HERE! We finally got his attention! That walking pile of festerting trash behind godhatesfags.com is on his way here now!
    His press release about it (watch out, it's a PDF) is the most brilliant thing i've ever read. I feel smarter just by looking at it.
    Highlights include:

"WBC withh sue Canada in the United Nations & the World Court for violating religious freedoms -- worse than CHINA!"

"WBC to picket the monstrous sodomite whorehouse masquerading as a nation - CANADA- ....God hates Canada and her fascist pink swastika government!"

shit, can i get that on a t-shirt?

By Antigone on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

Don't worry. He'll leave by the first snowfall. :)

By eri on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

I just went to that website and looked at his protest links....hehehehe.....it appears that he is holding almost all of them in KANSAS CITY!!! I never knew this fuckhole was in Kansas City. That's funny.

Too bad I don't have adobe acrobat. I am curious what other insanity would spew forth.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact