Satan Misunderstood

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Satan Misunderstood
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Tom Merritt on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 04:55 pm:

Contrary to his reputation, the Dark Lord claims he's a decent guy just doing his job.

HOUSTON -- In a press conference near his suburban home, Satan told reporters he's starting a campaign to clear his name. He also introduced a new book to support his efforts.

"It's not surprising in a country where the average student can't find Missouri on a map that there'd be no knowledge of proper history," the devil said.

Lucifer's new book, "Am I Evil? No," focuses on the misconceptions of both himself and the true nature of wickedness and temptation.

"There's just a lot of Zoroastrian and Jainist crap that really obscures the issue," Beelzebub said. "Then the pantheon of demons and devils, plus the so-called 'Church of Satan,' which really muddies the waters."

The Prince of Darkness wants to clarify the difference between unmitigated evil and just being against God.

"Of course if you're on God's side, it's all the same thing, innit? But my whole point is there are two sides to every issue and it's my job to give the opposing viewpoint. The loyal opposition so to speak. I'm really not out to hurt anyone. I just want my voice to be heard. Why do you think Rupert Murdoch is so successful? If you don't like me, fine, I'm OK with that. I don't want love, just understanding. There's too much hate in the world already. Maybe when I was younger I liked to flout that, but I'm too old for that sort of thing now."

The Demon of Hell also said you can boil his message down to three main points.

God and heaven aren't all that.
    Sin is just another word for nothing left to do. Idle hands are his playground. And it's a fun playground.
    Reality TV is good and it's here to stay.

His remarks on the Church of Satan raised many an eyebrow. The accuser made it clear that the church has nothing to do with him. "I hate that church," he said. "I know that's a strong word, but they really give me a bad name. I believe in what they do. It's all about individuality. I support individuality. But why they had to name it after me, I'll never know. I thought about suing for libel, but that's just not my style. I figure, live and let live. But still, it irks me that I get associated with them unfairly. That said, they seem like perfectly nice people."

An army of demons issued a statement following the press conference claiming no affiliation with the angel of the bottomless pit but supporting his statements.

God did not comment specifically, but He remarked at the end of an unrelated speaking engagement that He wished the old serpent well, and that He hoped to get around to binding him for eternity soon.

By Antigone on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 05:16 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact