overhead the albatross

sorabji.com: Who are you?: overhead the albatross
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 03:03 pm:

yesterday smelled of the apocalypse. the fourth day of insomnia crazy caffeine wired arms and legs and thudthud heart, blue milk pale, immobile frown unshaven lockjaw, glancing suspicious through grey sky air, slip through angry buildings and zombies in gunmetal suits and skirts, black rivet teeth and wraught iron high heels.

paused by the wells fargo atms, by the piss sidewalk doors of il massimo, across the street from the long line of immigrant, bored or hopeful, blue guards with guns and 9/11 concrete carbomb posts and glass doors of the federal building. you look up and one window in the whole federal building has an airconditioner hanging, oldman drool waiting to drip, to crush the tired, the poor, the masses huddled in line.

on the sidewalk, by the wells fargo atms, the wings of a pigeon, alone, incorpreal, vaguely connected to each other where they were once connected to the bird. i looked around, up for the predator, some hawk perhaps picking bones in its urban aerie, unlikely.

around the corner, stopped worrying about running into someone, they make extra effort to avoid me, my wan meat, pallid rot; my fishcold complexion. past the big red engines, firemen in firement clothes, japanese girl, unnecessary accessories. across the street the motion of a man pushing a cart up the curb, supplies in bags. from the end a bag falls, catches in the wheels of the cart before the man notices. another, tan man, stormsea green suit, unnecessary accessories, pauses to look, bag, man, adjust course, step around bag, cart, walk walk.

it wouldn't have been hard to bend, lift, replace. help a man out.

mindseye, cold textured metal, grip fills my palm, finger slips between trigger and guard, slips into violent cunt, squeeze drop man drop drop. mindseye, the cuncussion from my outstretched palm, vump! vump! compressed air dents BMW hoods, vump! pigeons dissolve into clouds of feathers, vump! vump! knocks toupes from heads, breasts from bras, life from vain agents of mediocracy and enemies of freedom.

push through the glass doors of the Cage and into the elevator up six to the badge access door to the cubicle with my name my number in the penal colony.

but the stimulants run free and legal.

last night i slept, and when i arrived my feet on the window sill and 'echos' in my headphones and a seagull slipped in long, slow circles in the blue sky around the flagpole atop the federal building. the long stone walls and the mauve window seperations and the solitary in window air conditioner. two flagpoles and an anti-aircraft gun.

you can't have mine, enemies of freedom.

By Antigone on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 03:54 pm:

How's the NSA treatin' you these days, my man?

By Rick james on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 04:25 pm:

they mostly leave me alone.

though i know they planted the pigeon wings.

i'm dead, bitch!

By Rowlfe on Saturday, August 7, 2004 - 12:39 am:

how clever of you

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact