None of your god damn business.

sorabji.com: Who are you?: None of your god damn business.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 05:46 pm:

Obviously the feds are...

By wisper on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:02 pm:

dude, if people paid attention to every dumbass or questionable or moraly wrong thing they do lately, the country would clear out in mere minutes.

I'm on vacation from paying attention.
    Do any of you guys still listen to Air America Radio? Rowlfe had it on for a month straight before the election, then the next day....i haven't heard it since. It is just 24/7 screaming and sobbing or what? I'm scared to even load it.

We've got our own problems over here. The conservatives are using some scandal to call the Liberal government into question and call another eleciton and hope that they win control. And then the whole gay marriage thing will blow up because the conservative leader is so obviously a robot with his DEAD EYES.

This puts me (and many) in a nasty position. If there's another election this year, do i vote Liberal- like i have to, or NDP- like i want to. At that point, why the fuck not? The government will be in chaos anyway. So fuckkit.

gah.

Anyway, there's a new pope now and he's got a cooler name than the last one. Let's all take heart in that.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:29 pm:

some days i think, that i will look back on my life present and past and say to myself, 'man,those were the good ole days.' somes days i really see this planet becoming one big Barter Town. and who controls Barter Town?

I've never listened to Air America. It's still propaganda.

By kazu on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

I got to rant on Air America a few weeks ago.

I made Mark Riley laugh and that made my day.

Patrick, I love how you can say you've never heard
    something and completely dismiss it at the same time
    --how very spunky of you.

Anyway...yeah, some of it's whining, some of it sounds
    more or less like a liberal "party line," but some of it is
    actually informed and intelligent. Imagine that!

Personally, I like the way that Randi Rhodes lays out her
    analysis. I don't always agree with her, but I think she does
    a good job of setting up her argument and laying out evidence.
    She references a lot of *primary* sources, C-Span and actual
    legislation, rather than just rehashing news stories.

I also like Mike Malloy because I love his voice--the mellow
    Mike and the aggro, psycho Mike.

By kazu on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

I used to like Rachel Maddow; she was smart,
    but not terribly entertaining. I find Jerry Springer's
    voice annoying and his analysis boring.

It's all really about entertainment for me, which is why
    i like Morning Sedition.

I get my news first from Yahoo! and then I hit the BBC
    and buzzflash.

I read Salon.com, The New Republic (sometimes), and the
    Rude Pundit for opinion and criticism.

I don't have to be as well rounded as I used to be.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:53 pm:

Im dismissing political radio with a very deliberate bend to it. Air America makes no issue with its liberal stance. The whole premise behind its creation was a balance to conservative radio. Its propaganda. Just because I probably agree with most of the ideas put forth, doesnt make it less propaganda.

Just because Im a whore, doesnt mean I like to be called one.

By kazu on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:53 pm:

That should read, "I don't have TIME to be as well
    rounded as I used to be."

Speaking of Time...did anyone read the Time bit about
    Ann Coutler? I only read the Rude Pundit's rant, which was
    hilarious.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:58 pm:

i didnt read it, but i thought the cover was pretty awesome. the photographer did a great job in how to present her.

By kazu on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 07:06 pm:

i just don't believe in dismissing propaganda just for
    being such. Especially when some of it can be really
    provocative and engaging.

Though talk radio can be really annoying just because.

i don't really see what the Time photographer did
    that was so interesting...you would know better than
    I. To me, she looks the same as she always does,
    except leggier. Is that even a word?

And her shoes are hideous.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 07:30 pm:

I think her shoes pretty stylish. they fit with everything about her and the photo. overall, she looks like a fucking witch. like a smart assed petulant little girl. shes at a sharp, sharp point shoes, her naturally sharp pointy head and the over angle which is very relavent to who she is as an on-air personality. the POV being below her, it conveys her sense of authority. Shes almost floating over you in that throne of a chair, which is an awesome chair btw.

for those who havent seen it
    http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2005/1101050425_400.jpg

By dave. on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 08:58 pm:

i listen to air america almost every day. like i've said before, i've liked talk radio for years, since way back when i was a delivery driver. i'm fucking thrilled to have a full slate of shows talking about exactly how fucking shitty the republican party is. talk radio used to be all right wing with maybe a left-leaning independent to serve as whipping boy. now, i get stuff like mike malloy and the majority report. i'm getting a little tired of franken and rhodes but they still have enough moments when they're really good.

frankly, i don't care if it's biased. i like the bias. there's absolutely no hope that the mainstream media will do to this administration what they did to clinton, gore and kerry. they're fully in the pockets of the republicans, who are giving everything to the corporations as fast as they can before it all falls apart. so it's air america or nothing at all.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 12:48 am:

By dave. on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 01:00 am:

fucking guy even looks like the emperor from star wars.

looks like a boy buggerer.

By Gee on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 09:18 am:

nobody cares about our tiny politics.

wisper, I think that if everyone who wanted to vote NDP just did, they'd probably end up winning. but nowadays people vote Against a party rather than For one, and who wants to chance the conservatives getting in?

so even though I want to vote NDP, I will be voting liberal.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 11:31 am:

By wisper on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 02:03 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 02:31 pm:

By semillama on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 09:26 pm:

I thought he looked like Dracula emerging from the tomb in that clip of him coming out onto the balcony.

I'm glad he's an old fart, so the Family Guy "Pope" routine still fits.

By D on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 11:37 pm:

probably he looks like a Count Dracula from Sesame Street....

By jinx on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 06:43 am:

no. count dracula was cute. and nice. and not evil
    looking.

By Benoit on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 09:17 am:

I believe you are speaking of my testicles.

By Lapis on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:20 am:

Benoit ,don't let them bit your testicle.......

By Nate on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:30 am:

Okay "Lapis" ,I won't let them bit my testicle.

By Bahl on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:07 pm:

a bit of testicle?

By J on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 03:37 pm:

Is that like a dollars worth of testicle?

By dave. on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 01:27 am:

12½ cents. of testicle.

did anyone see the fear factor where they had to eat bull balls?

By D on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 11:19 am:

dave, were talking about men's balls, not bull's balls.

By jinx on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 11:52 am:

i saw that episode. truth be told, i'd rather eat bull's balls than live spiders.

By Antigone on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:03 pm:

Oh, come on. Bull's balls with a little fava beans and a nice chianti... Delish!

By patrick on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:50 pm:

hey dave, you heard the new prefuse 73?

By Benoit on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 01:59 pm:

Funny, I'm listening to that now.

I asked my friend "what the fuck is blip-hop" and he burned me the CD.

By patrick on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 02:11 pm:

scott brought the blips and bleeps way back to a band me and the ex were in. none of us wanted to bother with the blips and beeps. he did. scott brought it. now he plays coachella and garners $15 a head in athens ga which is steep for a cover in a small college town. good for him. he brings it. the album cover is funny because he was notoriously mumbly and shy with the women at least during the year we hung out.

By jinx on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 03:38 pm:

ACTING!

i just had my first *acting* job.

i got to play a researcher in Emory's archive studying original Flannery O'Connor type-scripts on how to be a writer.

i'm awesome

i'm also a big dork

By dave. on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 03:33 am:

yeah, patrick. i have. not as special as his earlier stuff. if i wanna hear underground rap, i prefer sole or the pedestrian. fuck the macho shit, say something meaningful, or at least intereting. scott fucking rulez the sampler, though. i still really love the savath and savalas, catalan g\f stuff.

By dave. on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 03:36 am:

say something intereting!

SAY SOMETHING INTERETING!!!

By D on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 11:12 am:

dave, actually ,it is "INTERESTING".

By V on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 01:12 pm:

Dave,so you dont speak English?you need lessons from v.I understand English plenty good.,if you dont mind a Russian accent.This I will give you for free.You will be the most cool kid on your block.

By dave. on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 12:22 am:

By dave. on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 12:29 am:

"I also like Mike Malloy because I love his voice--the mellow
    Mike and the aggro, psycho Mike. "

i love it when he quacks over scott mclellan and when he impersonates bush, sounding like an irritating 6 year old. fucking cracks me up.

gawd, i'm a dork.

By dave. on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 12:34 am:

and, while i'm here blathering, is anyone else appalled at how high up in rank you find posts from sorabji.com when googling various things? i can't think of any particular thing at the moment, but on several occasions, i've seen this site on the 1st or 2nd page of search results. whazzup wit dat?

By jack on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 12:55 am:

hey dave. i didn't know about that yet. i can't make the only show that is not yet sold out. if i don't run into tickets for the fringe dates i'll probably check it out if/when he does it again. i hardly ever read that blog but the show sounds worthwhile.

what were you googling to get sorabji? i only see it up top when i google stuff like "agatha fluffah" "rtc industries" "payphone" "iqbal khan" "witchfest shithead" "jack is fat and gay" "blindswine" "chosen one flatulence" etc.

By droopy on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 01:58 am:

i don't think sorabji has ever come up on any search i've ever done. and i've typed a lot of weird, random shit into that google box.

By dave. on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 02:26 am:

like i said, i can't remember what, specifically, i was searching for. on these occasions, i gave a brief thought to posting about it, but i didn't. next time, i will.

jack, you should bookmark the rude pundit. humor, insight, assfucking. it's a beautiful thing.

By droopy on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 02:29 am:

"glowing moles" works.

By dave. on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 02:38 am:

no, it was more along the lines of kerry gored. although sorabji.com doesn't show up in at least the first 4 pages.

By jack on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 10:29 am:

dude...i just went to bookmark it on your recommendation and discovered that i already have it bookmarked. no doubt as a result of one of your previous recommendations or links.

i've never been able to habitually read blogs. i'll try to give it another shot.

By Karla on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 10:00 pm:

I'm a little embarrased to admit this, but I discovered this site via Google. I was googling a former crush and it came back with a a link to Sorabji.com. He was quoted in a story about wine labels that someone posted on one of the threads. After wandering around for a few minutes, I realized that this site was created by the same guy who did the Payphone Project who happened to grow up in my hometown. (The Tampa paper ran a version of the NYT story about Mark and and the Payphone Project.) I thought it was an interesting coincidence and I've been trolling this site ever since.

By wisper on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 10:04 pm:

hello Karla.
    I think the funnest Google thing that happened here was Spider told a story about a boy she had a crush on in highschool. A few years after she posted it, the guy showed up in the thread and said hello, after he found his name in Google. I can't imagine how freaked she must have been.

By ... on Monday, August 8, 2005 - 06:09 pm:

By Karla on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

Yep, that'd be a kick in the pants, all right. That's why I didn't use his name in this thread. I'm sure he's Googled himself (haven't we all?) and seen the other link already.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

where does one find that thread about spider and her high school crush? i'd like to see that.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 04:37 pm:

and then there is the three-name principle. if you should be able to find two names, posters here, other than your own that when you put the three names into google you'll see a sorabji link on the first page.

ie. dave agatha nate

By Nate on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 04:38 pm:

or shit, the droopy principle.

does droopy + your name return a sorabji page?

By patrick on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 07:04 pm:

i think im fairly convinced who jack is now.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 07:05 pm:

i probably missed something, somewhere. i mean, jack is jack. we know this.

shit

the droopy principle?

sounds as prolific as wwnd

By jack on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 07:39 pm:

jack who?

By patrick on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 07:55 pm:

as much as Id love to lead this into a "Who's on First" type of word play, Im totally a loss right now.

sorry jack.

By lapis on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 01:30 am:

droopy principle worked for me...

sorabji.com: naked pictures
    droopy,is it correct Lapis does nude snowboarding? if
    so,can you post the pics?...I mean,she posts that she
    thinks she is a bit boreing and dull,but I dont ...

By Patrick on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 07:26 pm:

lapis,you cant be boreing and dull if you do nude snowboarding,we just want to see the pics.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 01:27 pm:

Droop, it's in this thread.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 01:30 pm:

And yes, I was freaked out.

A distant cousin of mine has recently contacted me based on something I wrote here, I'm sure based on a google search. That's been cool, because she's created a family tree involving my mother's mother's mother's family, going back to the 1700s, and all that information is new to me.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

"based on...based on..."

Um, you know what I mean.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 02:38 pm:

did you just blow off (ignore) that nice bennet boy?

By Spider on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:12 pm:

Hehehe. Heeheehee.

Yes.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 05:32 pm:

hearbreaker.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 05:34 pm:

son of a bitch, i thought i stopped that post in time.

heartbreaker.

By wisper on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 09:29 pm:

Spider, you never replied to Google boy!
    You bitch!

By jack on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 11:01 pm:

By jack on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 11:03 pm:

(one of them, anyway)

By dave. on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 02:42 am:

yo, i saw that. and this one:

http://blondesense.blogspot.com/2005/08/day-of-living-rudely-rude-pundit-show.html

even reading between the lines of some of the favorable reviews, sounds like the show might have been a bit disappointing to me.

i really, really like his political analysis. his conclusions are generally impeccable, even if and especially when he arrives at them through scatological and irreverent simile and metaphor. blow up dolls, to me, cheapen and diminish the effect of the message. too easy. too obvious.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 01:39 pm:

Pshaw.

Plus, I was laughing at droopy's need for the parenthetical. How else would I have blown him off, huh?

By wisper on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 07:38 pm:

oh happy day!
    I just got off the phone with my car insurance people, and it turns out that because of my recent birthday, total lack of any tickets/fines/collisions, and because i finally got my full license years ago but forgot to tell them... my insurance is going down. DOWN down.
    When the guy punched it into the computer he started laughing: it used to be $120 a month, and now it's going to be 27.
    dollars
    a month

I asked him to repeat that several times.
    Sometimes it's good to be a female i guess.

By platypus on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 07:40 pm:

I am so jealous. Mine just went up again, for no apparent reason. I really hate that in California the rural counties subsidize Los Angeles and San Francisco. Patrick!

By patrick on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 12:25 pm:

uh how is that?

When I move zip codes my car insurance changes. Seems to me, you pay according to where you live and local statistical data on traffic accidents, theft etc.

By dave. on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 12:54 pm:

no, patrick. it's you. sorry.

By patrick on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 01:20 pm:

oh.

well alright then.

i should be the one apologizing then.

sorry.

By platypus on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 07:52 pm:

No, you do pay according to where you live.

But, insurance for people in urban areas, like PATRICK! would be even more expensive if it weren't for people like me in rural areas, who subsidize them. I think they passed that law around 1996. I wish I could remember what it was called so I could point you to it, in all it's unjust glory. They were going to raise premiums in the cities and the insurance companies had a hissy fit about it. As a result, everyone's premiums went up...and the premiums of those in rural areas went up even more to compensate for the money insurance agencies weren't getting from people in the city.

It just pisses me off because I happen to think that you should pay prices based on your location. And should not be paying for idiots who live in other locations and apparently don't know how to drive. (That last wasn't aimed at you Patrick. Just your fellow city dwellers.) I think my car insurance is exorbitant, especially when one considers that I have a clean record and almost never drive.

But you can still apologize if you want.

By patrick on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 01:37 pm:

i still don't believe you.

By platypus on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 05:35 pm:

Well, start by looking: here

There was also prop 103, which was hailed in urban areas because of skyrocketing insurance rates. Let us agree that some kind of insurance reform was needed, because rates were getting crazy statewide. However, the end result of the passage of the act was that since insurers were no longer allowed to "discriminate" against consumers in higher risk areas, they had to raise rates in others to make a profit. Take at look here and read this exact line on the first page: "RATES WILL INCREASE by an average 22% for two-thirds of the states drivers, according to the State Department of Insurance, because PROP 103 eliminates rating based on the driving safety record of your neighborhood and forces suburban and rural drivers to subsidize motorists in high-risk areas."

Is your insurance more expensive than mine because of where you live? Yes, it probably is, but not excessively so, because of measures like 103. I would imagine that we drive different vehicles and carry different types of policies, so it would be difficult to compare ourselves directly. But is my insurance MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IT SHOULD BE because insurers are not allowed to charge city dwellers a rate which is deemed "excessive"? Also yes. I believe that people who live in high risk (i.e. urban) areas SHOULD pay more for their car insurace. The worst thing that could happen to me is a cow collision, not a freeway pileup, and I think that should be taken into account when issuing a policy, personally.

So, uh, I humbly submit that's it's time for you to....

EAT HOT FUCK!

By patrick on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:11 pm:

do i get to eat more hot fuck because it could arguable that city dwellers eat more hot fuck in general? i think so.

By platypus on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:03 pm:

I absolutely agree. Out here in the back-country, we don't have the 24-hour eat hot fuck cafes that you do in the big city.

By V on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 07:05 pm:

...now regarding that hot fuck,is it o.k. if you re-heat it the next day?

By Dodi on Monday, February 6, 2006 - 02:39 pm:

Hey V!

That's funny! I don't understand the whole "hot fuck" thing.

By V on Tuesday, February 7, 2006 - 05:31 pm:

...nor do I...

By V on Tuesday, February 7, 2006 - 07:49 pm:

...its just something put out by the resident troll...and he has put it out a lot in the past.,if you take a shot at him,he says "eat hot fuck",,,allways.I am still trying to find out what it is...perhaps its something with garlic,or hot chilli peppers. :)

By V on Wednesday, February 8, 2006 - 04:51 pm:

...or its been in the microwave for 30 mins.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact