Cindy Sheehan

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Cindy Sheehan
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 12:16 pm:

I think she's being propped up too much, she's not all that bright, and some (repeat some) of the dirt being dug up on her will legitimately turn people off (like her divorce over the issue)... but what Bush said over the weekend made me realize...

this is working.

this is what he told FOX News was the reason he had time for a bike ride but not to meet with Sheehan:

"I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say. But I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life ... I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy. And part of my being is to be outside exercising. So I'm mindful of what goes on around me. On the other hand, I'm also mindful that I've got a life to live and will do so."

this has become a complete lose/lose situation for Bush, he's absolutely cluless how to handle it, and its making him look weaker than he's ever looked, and that includes his debate stumbling and that press conference from hell... if he was so into 'resolve' about the war as being oh so great he'd meet with Sheehan. but now its too late, if he met with her now he'd look even worse.

By kazu on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 12:41 pm:

I don't think divorce is a legitimate reason for people
    people to be turned off by her. I mean, I can understand
    that people will be turned off, but that's a personal issue.
    Also its myunderstanding that their separation isn't about
    a dividedposition on the war, but of stresses related to losing
    their son and that their separation preceeded her activism.
    I think that's what she said. I also read that her husband wasn't
    opposed to her position/activism, but his family is.

Anyway...

Salon had a decent article today which compared (among
    other things) Johnson's anguish over the loss of soldiers
    with Bush's total lack of empathy.

By dave. on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 01:49 pm:

bush's spirituality is a complete and total sham. the man has no soul. if cindy sheehan can expose this fact, and either she or someone else can then somehow wrap it up in a simple statement, and hammer this statement at every opportunity, i think this might well be the achilles heel of the bush regime.

even better, at camp casey this morning, some slack-jawed yokel ran over 500 or so white crosses and a dozen american flags with his pickup. http://www.bradblog.com/archives/00001708.htm

that's the spirit! that and their pathetic counterprotest last week where they chanted "we don't care" for about an hour before getting back in the bus really show their true nature.

they don't care. it's the core of their whole philosophy.

we need to use this opportunity to conflate bush's non-existent compassion with his supporters' innate meanness and bring it up at every opportunity, in every red/blue discussion.

and while i don't think sheehan's a genius, she's been pretty amazing so far for having excellent responses to all of the criticisms aimed at her.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 02:33 pm:

i've been meaning to visit crawford one of these days. let's see, south down i-35, take a right at waco.

obligatory link

texas iconoclast click "cindy watch".

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:31 pm:

It's not uncommon for a marriage to break up over the death of a child, not matter what the circumstances.

I'm thinking of heading down to Crawford some time this month. I have the free time, just not much money for gas. I figure a good time to go would be when support has died down and they need someone to help carry heavy stuff. :)

Besides, I figure that since I'm searched every time I board an airplane for no reason, I might as well give them one. That and it'd make a great addition to my FBI file. :P

By droopy on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 05:29 pm:

according to "cindy watch" (3:20 today) they're moving camp casey tomorrow. some guy is letting them use his property.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 02:06 am:

Larry Northern (aka pickup truck guy) has a business website where you can send him email. heh. inbox probably full already.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 12:13 am:

so sick of the Bush thing but you know, the entire history of the two party system is a sham. it is meant to create racism, class division, and apathy, while providing the illusion that the "People" have any say in anything, specifically a choice between some one rich white guy andanother rich white guy. Note: No persons of color, poverty, or female genitalia need apply.

Besides, being president is a pretty thanksless job excpet for the fringebenefits... which you and I pay fo. The rich are getter richer, the poor, well, more invisible. And poorer.

No democracy, no republic, but an oligarchy of the rich and business interests. Shame and sham.

But don't get me started. (they'll have to flush me out of the woods...)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact