If you had 24 hours to live, what would you do?

sorabji.com: Who are you?: If you had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Cutie_b on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 09:39 am:
    I would rob a bank...but I had a conversation with one man, and I asked him, if he had 24 hours to live, what would he do? He replied,"I would f*ck anything that moved." He asked me what I would do. I replied," I would try to stand perfectly still!!!" heehheehee!!!!

By Slacker on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 01:35 pm:
    i would make ammends with dave and ask for my rock back. then i'd twist a fatty.

By Dave on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 04:46 pm:
    That's so sweet! Gosh.

By Dave on Friday, March 20, 1998 - 04:58 pm:
    I'd be hugging the family and crying a lot. Then, I'd regain my composure and for my last 3 or 4 hours, I'd steal a big gnarly old Chevy 2ton and fuck up as many yuppie-mobiles as I possibly could. BMWs, Lexuses, Infinitis, and every goddam SUV I could find that looks like it gets regularly detailed. Dirty sonofabitches. . .

By Horny_J on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 12:05 am:
    I would fuck Cutie_b because she would be standing still and wouldn't be able to run from me.

By Slacker on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 12:45 am:
    i'd quit my job.

By Wisper on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 03:08 pm:
    I agree with you dave ('specially since my town's built around a golf course, and everyone is too goddamned SOMETHING to park their BMWs in their driveways, much less their two-car garages.....even when their driveways are totally empty......like they're afraid to get their precious red-and-grey-interlocking-custom-stone driveways dirty or something so everyone driving down the street has to swerve around their damn cars.....BOY would I love to take THEM out!!!!.......)
    Anyway:
    Remember back a few years ago there was this guy, a simple, average guy, who one day got his power and water turned off because he didn't pay his bill? So he went apeshit and decided to go borrow a tank from the local army reserve and go for a joyride? How fondly I remember the newclips....cars, fire hydrants, a camper trailer, nothing was safe! he led the police chase out onto the highway...where the tale ends. I couldn't belive they shot him. Gunned him down, un-armed and ironically trapped in his own metal prision. I nearly cried. That guy was my hero! he didn't hurt anyone....I remember an interview with one particular (now crushed) car owner, he recounted the story of the untimely death of his car, laughing all the time and content in the fact that insurance would make it all better.
    they killed him. (but what a way to go)
    Poor tank boy. I miss you man.

*oh, that's not what I'd do if I had 24 hours to live, I was just reminded.*

By Hannah on Sunday, March 22, 1998 - 02:07 am:
    If I had 24 hours to live, I'd go sky diving, make love for a few hours, and then perhaps go smoke a fat bowl, but if I couldn't do that, ice cream would be just as good.

I would kiss all the people I wanted to get the hook-up with but never did, and then kiss all my friends good-bye, and I'd die with a slurpee in my hands. Watching Jerry Springer.

By Katie on Friday, April 17, 1998 - 12:26 pm:
    Hannah, that's probably one of the best things I've ever heard anyone say.

By Pete on Saturday, April 18, 1998 - 08:29 am:
    Until she got to the Slurpee and Jerry Springer...those things will rot your brain.

Not that it matters if you will be dead in 24 hours.

But wouldn't a beautiful sunset be better than watching trailer-trash throw chairs at each other?

Just asking.....

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, April 18, 1998 - 05:05 pm:
    You're my kind of dreamer Pete.

Springer is ridiculous. Didja hear the new owner of the sindication company is changing the format? No more brawling. If there is it will be edited out. There goes the end of that show. Thank GOD!

Preferably that sunset would be overlooking the Pacifc Ocean, and with someone you loved and who loved you.

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 06:54 am:
    I would take a massive amount of LSD and drink myself silly and go for THE LONG WALK IN THE WOODS.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 10:17 am:
    Pick a direction, start walking, and never stop until I found the PERFECT place to give up the ghost. There, I'd sit.

That's all.

By KRKL on Monday, July 27, 1998 - 11:23 am:
    I would die...

By Bud on Saturday, February 19, 2000 - 02:30 am:

I believe in oDDBALL oDD.

By S on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

I would get down on my knees in a church and pray to God that he will save my soul. I would do this for a full 24 hours.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

Go buy a motercycle.... And ride till I died.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

Draw up a quick will, tell my parents and friends I loved them, give my cat to one of my parents, spend last hours on top of Brockway Mountain in the Keweenaw Peninsula staring out into Lake Superior.

Better than any church, hands down.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 11:51 pm:

I'd run around town,buck naked,and moon everyone I dislike,while cackling wickedly.

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 11:32 am:

I'd go on a police car chase... but only in the last few minutes of my day... would suck to spend the last day of your life in jail....

"But officer, I *swear* I'll be good if you let me out. No more speeding or running from the cops. I only have a little time left!"

By Ophelia on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 03:40 pm:

I'd kiss everyone I ever had the urge to kiss.

I'd smash an SUV or two.

I'd listen to the Beatles (the white album)

I'd sightread something on my flute that I've never heard before (because i love how the music comes alive the first time)

I'd go climb a mountain. Naked. and stand on the top and yell into the wind, and when i was tired of yelling i would just sit and look at the stars.

By Ophelia on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

but if it wasn't summer i probably would skip the naked part.

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

Hmm. Naked could still be painful. At least wear hiking boots... comfy ones. Would suck to have a blister on your last day alive.

By Ophelia on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

well, maybe i could strip at the top of the mountain...

By pez on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 12:51 am:

i would...

*not go to work.
    *kiss all the people i've wanted to kiss for ages.
    *have a one-night stand (hey, i mean, it wouldn't go on any longer than that) or just sleep with someone i trust.
    *jam with some funky music friends on my flute.
    *i'd walk to the center of the i-5 bridge over the columbia river, strip and dive into the river.

By dave. on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:32 am:

the lewis and clark bridge would be just as good, if not better.

i think i'd go on a diet.

quit drinking.

start saving money.

get a new job doing something interesting.

stuff like that.

By Pug on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

It wouldn't matter.....anything I really wanted to do, somebody wouldn't let me do it.
    I hate life. Can ya tell?

By pez on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

if i had 24 hours to live and someone wouldn't let me do what i wanted, i hope i'd have the courage to tell them to fuck off.

By crimson on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

in my final 24 hours, i'd liberally exercise the right to tell people to fuck off.

i'd also go to the beach, swim naked, make love, write a poem, play guitar, pass out money to street beggars & listen to any music that ever mattered to me. then i'd eat an entire box of krispy kreme donuts, followed by a gallon of peppermint ice cream. then i'd watch the sun set on the beach & hope i lived long enough to watch moonlight dancing on the nighttime waves.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

I would hug lots and lots of people. Like hey I'm dying so heres a hug ya bastard. I would go danceing down the street hugging folks and smiling. I would spend lots of time with my family and my friends and my boy friend who has been so good to me. I'd like to die at Mardi Gras. Some body really did that last year she died on a float while throwen beads it sux to die but wow what a happy time and place I wish it was Mardi Gras forever.

By pez on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 08:43 pm:

i'd go hitchhiking.

By Pug on Saturday, October 6, 2001 - 10:03 am:

Yeah....but if I told them to fuck off....it'd be construed as Rape.

By pez on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

you'd be dead in 24 hours... therefore, they can't really bring charges against you.

By ALL THE SHIT IN THE WORLD... THATS ME FUCKER on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 05:28 am:

I would get beat up

By ... on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 06:13 am:

a woman walked up to me and stuck her finger in my chest and said I'M 104 YEARS OLD I'VE LIVED HERE SINCE 1943 I REMEMBER WHEN THAT BUILDING DIDN'T EXIST I REMEMBER WHEN THAT BUILDING WAS A BREWERY I REMEMBER WHEN THE POPE VISITED I REMEMBER and i'm thinking if i make it to 104 i'll say what the fuck and do what she's doing. you can't go to jail for walking up to people and talking to them and if they give me the chair for it and i fry at 118 years then no one will care anyway

By Dodi on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:08 am:

no, I would...:(

By V on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 08:19 pm:

hi..

By Rega on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 03:13 am:

I would write a simple will; clean my house and organize it by the itemization in my will, and go to sleep on clean sheets so that everythings would be in order and as simple as possible for those that found me.

By wisper on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 06:57 pm:

oh, Tank Boy!!

*sob*

By Rega on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 02:45 am:

Nothing to Sob about. I'd just rather have everything in order. No sense leaving a big mess for someone else to deal with. It's (hopefully) gonna be hard enough that you're gone. And if it ain't hard on em..maybe the extra time to party will aloow for enough shots that they'll do something stupid and end up in St.peters waiting line sitting next to me feeling like a real dick.

By Spiracle on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 02:33 pm:

expanding on that thought..

one of the things would be to find and throw out anything you don't want your family/friends to find and remember you for...

By TBone on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

And maybe plant a few things to make them wonder.

By Rega on Sunday, February 6, 2005 - 03:55 am:

plant a few things to make them wonder
    tear their precious views asunder
    underwear in the ceiling fan?
    a goat tied up with a naked man.
    naked pics of arthur, bea.
    Your son would do that? no not me.
    I pray to god.. I drink the wine...
    just not quite at communion time.
    A drunken lush who's quite perverse...
    but I'm your kid so it could be worse,
    I could have had it publicized
    let Jerry Springer know that I
    did things that would turn a hooker red.
    But that don't matter. Now I'm dead.
    Remember me as your sweet little boy
    who never picked up all his toys.
    I said please and thanks, and was always nice.
    That's who's lying there in his suit and tie.
    All dressed up for the pearly gates
    where I'll wait in line and masturbate
    just to see what St. Peter says.
    So it could be worse....but I'm already dead.

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:05 pm:

My self,I would take out a lot of people with a shotgun...

By V on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 03:05 pm:

...y,know them people that give you shitty looks when your just out for a drive down town?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact