Everclear, Everlast, and any band name with ever.

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: Everclear, Everlast, and any band name with ever.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zaphod on Thursday, April 8, 1999 - 05:55 pm:

There might be some great bands with ever in their first name, but I haven't heard them.

Enlighten me please.

By Gee on Friday, April 9, 1999 - 04:48 am:

EVERything But the Girl? Do two people count as a band? ahh, I only Kinda like them anyway, so nevermind.

By Cyst on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 06:23 am:

(because I couldn't get to drunken ramblings)

my friend A. played everclear at his party where I got drunk tonight.

there were pretentious people in the living room and he knew that "santa monica" would clear them out. it did.

“I should never get drunk,” I told him as I took another handful of tortilla chips.

“Yeah. You never know what you’ll eat.”

Earlier I had hit on one of his guests. The guy showed up with a lawyer chick who looked like she was too old to still be pretending to be an extra on “Friends.” My female companion had pointed him out as soon as he walked in, and when he was talking to us I told him, “My friend and I think you’re really cute.”

He said, “I think you guys are really hot.”

We were. My friend was not only really pretty but had huge tits. I was wearing a dress A. had compared to a washcloth.

“Not in color or texture, but size,” he clarified.

A. told me I needed to see “Fight Club.”

“The more I think about it, the more I think you’ll like it. Helena Bonham Carter.”

‘Does she play me?” I asked.

“Yes. Yes. She plays you.”

He also told me the cute guy was a slimeball. I'm sure he was right.

The "Friends" lawyer girl kept hinting to the cute guy, who brought her, that she wanted to leave.

"My contacts are drying up in my eyes," she kept telling him.

"Just one more drink," he kept telling her back.

I danced because I felt like it. No one else was. I stopped and he said, "Don't stop. You're so amazing."

I realized I'd vastly overestimated the amount of encouragement he needed.

I asked him what kind of gun he shoots and put the note with his email address on it in my boot.

By Sarah on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 03:32 am:

i was at a party friday night at my friend Faydra's house. i went alone. i wore my denim mini skirt and a raver type shirt (Ross Dress For Less $10.99) because i knew the party would contain a few of my close friends, but moreso a whole slew of people i don't know, including a large faction of Self Important Beautiful People, and i figured the denim mini would keep the shitheads away.

Faydra lives right on the water.

I arrived at midnight. Within the hour i was surrounded by a variety of surfer men, all at various stages of drunkenness. i liked Kevin, the medium drunk one, the silliest craziest one. the cabinet maker slash artist with a ridiculous sense of humor. he told me he is the Mayor of Suicides. Suicides being the name of a break just a half mile east of where were standing at that moment. he said he would take me surfing there.

i was also wearing this great choker necklace that my friend Michelle had made for me and had given to me earlier that day. Kevin kept staring at it, so i showed it to him. See? i said, jutting out my chin, pointing out the huge tigers eye stone in the middle. Let me see, he said. he stood very close to me and slowly he reached out and put his hands in my hair, pulling my hair back from my neck and laying it softly behind my right shoulder.

God I love doing that, he said.

It was good for me too, i told him.

He kissed me. I gave him my number.

before going home, i did however, have the unfortunate experience of talking to one of the pretentious people. Andrew. i've known of him and his ivy league education and trust fun. i somehow got roped into an actual conversation with him. i was talking to someone else about writing and meeting that publisher and he overheard.

"You're a writer?" he interrupted.

"Yes."

"What do you write about?"

"Sex, drugs, and religion, philosophy, morality, and the dark side of human nature."

"Oh, yeah. That's easy. Easy topics." he said, with a tone of over educated disdain.

"Easy?" I said. "Sure, it's easy. Not quite as easy as living off of a trust fund and running a low-class B&B just to keep yourself amused. But certainly it makes me a more interesting person to talk to."

He stared at me for a moment. My friend laughed right aloud.

"Oh, and I get laid more often than you do too."

Then I walked away.

I didn't dance at all at that party and went home early.

By Waffles on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 01:01 pm:

when I get loose enougbh and the music is right, i dance........i like, it feels good, plus my wife says it turns her on, if she told me hula hoops turned her on I think i'd do it.......we danced athe the party i mentioned i was heading to on friday, the link to the article about eh performance artists ...the dj rocked, he played everything from Garage Days Revisited (of which I did not dance to), Ramsey Lewis, and of course the Mr. the super, the Mr Mr. MR james Brown, GOD damn clear yer shit, wanna see waffles shake his ass better than the average white guy, play me JB tune............Saturday night, we went to see some other over commercialized celebrity "commerical photographer"...he stuff was crap, over saturated and a rip off of David LaChappell who is the master at color surreal fantasy.......we went to another party, a gorgeous house in the hills, very cool, a bunch of music video peeps, intimate, low key, no hollywood lala to deal with, althought I hate parties in and around pools, i am always afraid i will fall in........I danced there too.....i danced good, everyone was dancing...I think it was crystal method they were playing, or perhaps the chemical bros....not something i would buy, but alright to dance to.......they had three big beautiful dogs. one was an alaskan malmute, they were all pigged out from the bar b q earlier, one got caught eating the chocolate cake (bad bad bad bad if you didn't know never feed your pup chocolate) but they were sweet, i sat with the malmute for along time, just rubbing and petting her huge hair, she just layed there and soaked it up, the power, the beauty the understanding she has a creature who could bite my head off is exhilerating.

By Margret on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

I love Malamutes.
    We had a Malamute when I was a kid. She died of Parvo. Only time I saw my father cry (other than when HIS dad died) that I didn't think was a pretentious pseudo-European culture Pavlovian response (he cries every year when Christopher Plummer sings Edelweiss in the Sound of Music -- ack).

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:45 pm:

we had two malamutes. they were beautiful and sweet and desperate for attention. my dad kept them in the back yard on a run, and they had a huge pen with two doghouses, and nobody ever walked them. i can't stand to think about it anymore. it was the source of much contention in our household.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:53 pm:

neglected pets makes me angry and sad.....when 101 dalmations was re-released recently, dalmation adoptions sky rocketed, then about a year later, the animal control noticed a spike dalmation strays.......same thing now with the god damn chiuauauauauauauaus whatever....

it makes me extremely sad to see a stray cat or dog, i curse the selfish bastards who want the cute and cuddly lil cartoon characters, then end up neglecting the animal when the thrill wears off...........i now want a malmute, the beauty, the loyalty, the strength those anuimals has just fascinates me......

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:04 pm:

I remember taking Amee to the pound whe she was about 3,this one little dog was so ugly and scared,I thought nobody would want it,It only had a little hair at the end of it,s tail,and on it,s ankles and face.In the dog world I thought it was a freak,so out of pity,that was the one we picked to adopt.We had to come back the following a.m. to adopt it.There as only one person ahead of us,turns out she wanted the same dog,it was a dog called a chineese cresent and they were rare,so we went home dogless.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 09:27 pm:

that's pretty funny.

By Rarebit on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 10:14 pm:

I got a newborn malamute around 7 months ago. He's a HUGE ol sucker (already around 90 lbs). He's got a hot spot on his back right now, so he has to wear one of those big white cone things for the next couple days, poor thing.

When are dogs no longer considered puppies?

By J on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 09:46 am:

When they have puppies? What,s a hot spot?

By Gee on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:41 pm:

I think after two years, Rarebit.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact