music to vomit to

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: music to vomit to
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Yseult on Monday, July 19, 1999 - 05:07 am:

hmmm... Shakespeare's Sister! sweet jesus, they suck...

american popular music, or as some would call it "alternative." i think it is more aptly described as modern rock. 311, sugar ray, everclear, ad nauseum...

some stuff i've heard playing in goth clubs. yeechy...

By Gee on Monday, July 19, 1999 - 10:15 am:

As ren would say: blah.

I liked Shakespeare's Sister for a little while, back in the day. I bought an album of theirs and then somehow lost it somewhere before I ever got to hear it...that ticked me off.

I still can't decide if I like Sugar Ray or not. I'm really not sure.

Have I mentioned that I really like Spirit of the West?

By J on Tuesday, July 20, 1999 - 03:23 pm:

I like Sugar Ray,just saw them last Friday,that Mark McGrath is babealisious!!!

By Semillama on Saturday, July 24, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

Pukalicious tunes to play in the vomitorium:

anything by the Meatmen
    the Macarena
    Limp Bizkit ( you could pretend it ws the soundtrack tune and you were in a teensploitaion movie...)
    "Monster Ballads" for when you are seriously drunk and miserable. "Fuckin' bitch left me! <sob> i curse the day we met! < drink, drink> I'll never meet another girl like her! <drink, sob> Maybe I'll put on "monster Ballads", oh, it's 'love of a lifetime', that was our song...<HURL>"

By Swine on Saturday, July 24, 1999 - 07:11 pm:

i fucking hate the violent femmes.
    and depeche mode.
    and the smiths.

and that song i wrote in seattle after breaking up with my ex and going on a whiskey binge.
    i just found a tape of me playing bad blues keys and passionately singing (mostly belching) away at it like a lovesick wharf rat.

"just me, muh-self, an' muh OOOOHHH-pen wooounds, i ain' got nuthin' but muh-self an' muh OOOHHH-pen wounds, yeah![BWAAAAARP!] ughafugabdkjgfkj! fuggin' heartless bitch..."

i'm destroying that evidence right now as i type.
    god knows i'd never hear the end of it if the vicious bastards i call friends ever got their hands on that shit.

By Pink Eye on Saturday, July 24, 1999 - 09:52 pm:

Nothing wrong with 311, in my opnion. Have all of their CDs and a vid of 'em. They are one fuckin' tight band...for being smoked up before they play.

Swine, I need a copy of "the" tape.

By on Saturday, July 24, 1999 - 11:09 pm:

Aerosmith AND THE LIKE

By Huh on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 02:50 am:

you have to start with the classics

who brought us:

One Hell of a Woman

In the Ghetto

I Believe in Music

Baby Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me

?

By J on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 03:07 am:

Muskrat love(Captain and Tennile),Cracklin
    Rosie(Neil Diamond),anything by Jethro Tull,Bleeeech.Dreck.

By Spirit of the Gee on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 04:28 am:

ugh. whatever. Hosers. You're bent, Swine. the Smiths rock. There's something very cute about their songs.

I absolutly freaking HATE Guns n roses. I like Captain Tractor and Moxy Fruvous. And...well...you know who. CT's playing at Lee's Palace on august 6th. I need to find someone to go with me for my first live tractor event!

By Swine on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 04:58 am:

shiiiiiiit.

you can call whatever "The Smiths" do whatever you want. but god dammmit, woman. don't try to tell me they "rock".

funkadelic "rocks"
    bad brains "rock"
    jimi hendrix "rocks"
    rage against the machine "rocks"
    led zeppelin "rocks".
    soundgarden "rocks"
    BDP "rocks"
    GBH "rocks"
    the clash "rock"
    vernon reid "rocks"
    jane's addiction "rocks"
    black sabbath "rocks"
    early van halen "rocks"
    fishbone "rocks"

but The Smiths?
    uh-uh.
    they don't rock.

they whine and squirm.

By Sarah on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 07:46 am:

swine gets my vote for best post of the week.

p.s. Captain and Tenylle rocks!

By Margret on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 09:12 am:

Ummm, Swine, you know I don't have what it takes to stand up to you, really.
    But you should try this, because I hated the Smiths for a long time until I stopped listening to the Morrissey bits and started listening to the music. Pick up a copy of "Hatful of Hollow," and start tracking the guitar licks. "You Handsome Devil," by the time you've heard it the 3rd time, will have effected a paradigm shift, and you may even find yourself cutting Morrissey some slack eventually as I did because he is such a good part of the ensemble.
    The Smiths Fucking Rock.
    Johnny Marr, while not my guitar god, is one of my guitar heroes.
    He fucking rocks.
    Damn.

By Semillama on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 02:40 pm:

I really have to say "AMEN" to swine, but Margret also makes a damn good point. I still don't like the Smiths, but I changed my mind about Marr at least after I came across the transcription to "Bigmouth Strikes Again" in a guitar mag. Very talented man, Johhny Marr, but too bad he was in the Smiths.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Lately, I have been exploring backwards in time, so to speak, for new music to listen to. I have been getting into Bob Mould and Sugar, finally tracked down Killing Joke's first two albums, and the Butthole Surfer's first album. I have bought some brand spanking new music by new bands, but nothing I have been hearing lately, even on the underground scene, has inspired me to go out and buy albums.

So, am I just getting old, or is today's music on cruise control?

By Agatha on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

i hate korn. hatehatehate.

i hate frank sinatra. i hate james brown. i know that's going to provoke a strong negative reaction, but i can't help it. although i appreciate all that he's done for us in the realm of funk, i just can't stand him.

i hate sinead oconnor, who i used to like when i was sixteen. shutup already with your whining, sinead. she has got to be among the five most self absorbed women in music, along with courtney fucking love. i heard she tried to kill herself recently. so nice of her to think only of herself now that she's brought two children into the world. go, sinead!

who else. i don't like the voice of the lead singer of primus, but i think he's an amazing bassist.

i can't think of anyone else right now, except of course for bands like queensryche and the like. maybe i will think of more later.

By Sheila on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 03:43 pm:

i used to feel that way about sinead, until i saw her do that pope picture thing. even for all the wrong reasons, it was such a magnificent gesture that i can let her go on the whiny irish crap. of course, i never listen to her or any other whiny irish crap.

agatha, i'm glad to know someone shares my extreme opinions, not shares my opinions, but shares the extremity of them.

i used to like james brown, until i met Swine.

By Swine on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 03:51 pm:

who stole the soul?

By Swine on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 03:53 pm:

that's right,
    i forgot.

you have no soul.

By Sarah on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 04:32 pm:

the zombies got her.

and just for that agatha, i'm going to go put my james brown box set into the CD changer and turn the volume up to 10. :-)

By Sarah on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 04:36 pm:

music to vomit to: whoever the band was that played on David Letterman thursday night.

jesus, did they blow chunks.

By Moonunit on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 09:53 pm:

The Feelers

okay i know its a location band (seeing as they are from NZ and who knows if any of this side of the worlds music makes it to yours?)

this is a so called 'hard rock' band who apparently got their record deal as a joke

jokes on the gulliable teenage public i guess

By Friendly on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 11:07 pm:

i can't stand bands like throwing muses and sleater-kinney. it's not the music as much as it's the vocals. my s/o likes to tell people that i don't like music by women or books by women. it's only half true. women don't tend to play music or write books that i like. it's not that they can't, they just don't. i totally love carla bozulich and i also really like nylene schmiechel. maybe it's because i've got a big crush on them. no, it's gotta be more than that or i'd like lisa loeb, too.

i can't stand the smiths. treepeople did an amazing cover of big mouth strikes again so i can understand what those people above were talking about. but morrisey is way too irritating. i hope i never hear them again.

can't stand:

99% of rockabilly
    opera
    "christian" music but i can watch it for hours on TBN. it's such a spectacle, i can't look away.
    madonna
    depeche mode
    lou reed
    kiss
    beach boys
    beatles

By Dumbass on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 11:36 pm:

lou reed? how could you do this to your mom?

By Old enough to remember Velvet Undergroound and panted for ol Lou once but... on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 12:05 am:

lou reed's last 7 or 8 records, let's face it, generally suck. now that he's become this Major Artist, this Seminal Figure... "Fuck Your Parents" indeed...all that therapy may have made him feel better but do I have to hear about it...

By Sheila on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 12:21 am:

yes, but Heroin is his Stardust. and it's sex with your parents, i think. okay, he has fallen into the vanity fair trap, nevertheless...

the best part is that we don't have to hear about anything, we can close our ears and our brains and our mouths, too

By Swine on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 12:27 am:

i liked "new york".

By Willy on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 01:00 am:

wow. i don't even think i have musical tastes anymore. depends on where i am at the time. i remember when i first moved south i promised i would never ever listen to country music. then one night i find myself in this bluegrass jam at some ramshackle amityville horror looking house. it was in an all black neighborhood, too. every so often somebody would drive or walk by and give us this "what the fuck are these white people doing?" look. anyway, i'm a bass player and all i had to do is do my root and fifth thing and drink shitloads of bourbon. there was this one old guitar player there who would tell stories about playing with hank williams and how he used to get paralyzed on drugs and they'd have to prop him in front of a microphone and watch him to make sure he didn't fall off stage.

"and hell, i remember playing in alaska. wadn't even a state then. whole town would just be this one long main street with a bar, liquor store, a bar, a general store, a bar, a bar, and this big 'ol boarding house over off here. Whole town of fuckin' miners 'n all they wanted to do was get drunk, get some pussy, and listen to music."

all the way redneck, motherfuckerrrrrrr. i still don't like country music, but it was an interesting night.

By Gee on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 01:31 am:

Agatha are you nuts?? Frank Sinatra is Great!! Young Frank, not so much old Frank. I notice that when he was younger and did his movies and wotnot, he Sang and his voice was always strong and smooth. But then in his older days he just seemed to Talk in time to the music. It was like he figured he didn't Have to sing anymore, or something. I don't know if that's what he thought, but that's how it Felt, and it ticked me off. Listening to his Duet albums is very annoying, cuz he talks while the other people all sing, so it's back and forth back and forth.

Plus, once he put a few pounds on, he was really cute.

Has anyone ever heard of the Headstones? I've heard one song of theirs, but it was interesting enough for me to keep looking for them. Darn HMV never carries anything I want anymore.

By Agatha on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 01:54 am:

frank sinatra was a horrible man. consequently, i have trouble enjoying his music. plus, he's totally corny. give me neil diamond any day over frankie.

By Waffleboy on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

ok, (laying soap box down in front of my feet, taking a step).....
    in no particular order.....

Lou Reed does SUCK NOW...I saw him a few years ago and he sucked a big one. HOWEVER, with VU and his first 4-5 solo records were the best. Berlin, Transformer (produced by Bowie), and if you want to get experimental and you can find the ultra rare Metal Machine Music, talk about pretentious.

James Brown does rip a new asshole eveytime he goes on my turntable or CD player. Better yet the JB's, Bootsy and all the other's in the band rock far harder. We all owe something to him.

Joe TEx is another we owe something to, if ya dig early James get a load of him.

The Violent Femmes are classic, their first and only (as far as I am concerned) record is the best.

Swine...GBH????? Wow it's been to long to see that name, (sic) high school skateboard punk o rama with my bitchin combat boots and safty pins....closet classics aka The Exploited.

Soundgarden puts my grandma to sleep, fuck seattle and fuck that whole period of shit music to proliferate from that town, i want to kill myself.

and The Smiths, though there was a time in my life in which I dug it, I have to say..."I DON"T wear black on the outside cause black is NOT how I feel on the inside...."

Oh and Agatha, Don't ever say anything about Frank , EVER EVER EVER EVER again, I have my people working with his people and you will hear from them very very very......wait , I have said to much,.....carry on......

Waffleboy's "THIS ROCKS" list....

Can
    Klaus Schulze (pre-Kraftwerk)
    Neu
    Velvet Underground
    Rolling Stones (pre-1977)
    The Beatles (Sgt Pep/YllwSub/Rubber Soul era)
    Flaming Lips
    James Brown
    Junior Wells
    Muddy Waters
    Charlie PArker
    Miles
    'trane
    Roland Kirk
    Cecil Taylor
    Ornette Colman
    The Ramones (classic man)
    Televison
    Galaxy 500
    David Bowie
    T-Rex
    Dead Kennedy's
    Pixies (Breeders and Frank Black did nothing for me)
    Stereolab
    Faust
    Black Sabbath (and none of that Ronny Dio shit either)
    James Chance aka The Contortions aka James White and The Blacks(Swine you are in NYC, every heard of him? been around since the late 70's, if you you dig JB, then you MUST hear this guy, he still gigs every now and then I hear)
    Pussy Galore/JSBX

thats it for now..................

waffles out

By Swine on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 01:59 pm:

never heard of James White and The Blacks.
    i'll have to look 'em up and check them out sometime.

GBH was an early high-school favorite. used to listen to "city baby's revenge" and break shit in my spare time.

you're mixing up your jazz geniuses with your rock stars.

i could have never walked up to miles davis, john coltrane, mccoy tyner, or any of the other greats and told them "they rock."

it just aint right.

By Waffles on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 02:08 pm:

well yes you are right, they rock me in a different way, Elvin Jones is my idol, next to Max of course......James White and the Blacks music is hard to find. It may be easier in NYC, he also did some compiltiosn with Lydia Lunch during the early 80's

and yeah GBH had the exact same effect,. it was the most obvious "punk" at the time, (next to The Exploited, the Clash and Misfits) I was seeking the identify with something, anything...

By Waffleboy on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 02:25 pm:

i was blessed to catch Max Roach about 2 years ago at the Atlanta Jazz Festival (free concert I might add in the park) He was 74 years, played solo and turned that park upside inside out the fucking door. Pharoh Sanders also played and I must say I feel blessed to have seena few of the greats (who are still alive)......oh yeah, I also saw Art Davis here recently at a free show as well. I am waiting for Cecil to come back to town.

By Forgetfulwaffles on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

ohhh, I forgot to add ...Silver Apples

By Agatha on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 08:24 pm:

ummm, waffles? i will say WHATEVER I WANT, WHENEVER I WANT. carry on.

(ps, frank sinatra bites)

By Liverneck on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 09:33 pm:

i want to start by saying that i have liked lots of awful music in my time (yes, i listened to eazy-e on purpose--all the time--when i was a bit younger). There's something fun about watching people cringe or shake their heads when you list off the CD's/tapes/whatever that you own.

But has anyone ever listened to the Soup Dragons?
    Oh My God!!!!

By Waffleboy on Monday, July 26, 1999 - 10:32 pm:

i heard em......one time........................

once....

By Gee on Tuesday, July 27, 1999 - 05:33 am:

Agatha is so cute when she's sassy.

I realize this is going to sound ridiculous, but....I like the Chipmunks. I had to look long and hard for volume's one and two of their christmas albums. Now *they* rock.

By Floored on Tuesday, July 27, 1999 - 10:59 am:

"Cracklin Rose you're a store-bought woman" .. . please. . . . i must hurl this caffeinated beverage.

By Agatha on Tuesday, July 27, 1999 - 08:47 pm:

there's no talking to people like you. you just won't listen.

By Silly on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 01:56 am:

24 hours a day...I need to be sedated,then I could beat on the brat with a baseball bat.

By Sillier waffles on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 02:09 am:

...just put me in the wheelchair and take me to the show.....hurry hurry hurry...

By Otis ramone on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 08:37 am:

fa fa fafa fa fa fa fafa fa

By Swine on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 12:54 pm:

dee dee ramone has a lisp and spits when he sings.

i own his mom.

By J on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 03:06 pm:

That,s two moms that I know of you own,one for cleaning,one for cooking?How many mothers do you own?How much did they cost?I always wanted a mother,can you make monthly payments?

By Swine on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 03:42 pm:

i collect them for fun and profit.

but i sell you yo momma on de installment plan, sugar.

$99.95/month, 10 year contract, 18.99% interest rate adjustable at any time without notice.

mothers are expensive.

you may wanna just settle for a motherfucker.

after all, motherfuckers are cheap.

By Simon on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 04:32 pm:

plenty of cheap motherfuckers where I come from.

By Semillama on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 06:50 pm:

No dissing soundgarden on my watch, especially if you are a Sabbath fan, cause that ain't right.

I just want to know how it is whenever I hit a low point in my life, I mean a real low point, the Peppers put out another album? Saves my life every damn time. "Right on Time", indeed.

By Sarah on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 08:17 pm:

what's the name of that seattle grunge band that did "Creep"? the lead singer had short bright orange hair and may have killed himself with heroin.

anyone?

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 08:21 pm:

radio head and I don't think he is dead.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

By Mrgrt on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 08:35 pm:

Well, RadioHead has a song called creep.

But so does, umm, is it Stone Temple Pilots, the lead-singer of whom is Scott Weiland, who has been inanoutta rehab for the smackity smackity?

Yeah.

By Agatha on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 09:12 pm:

i think he is dead. either he is dead, or he is in jail. it sucks that i can't remember which option is true. he was friends with mark lanegan, who is close to death and can't seem to kick the habit for good. i like mark lanegan.

By Agatha on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 09:13 pm:

by the way, guess who i am going to see in concert in august? ROCK.

By Waffles on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 10:00 pm:

scott weiland is not dead, he was on Howard Stern right before he had his last run in with da law with heroin. Howard is a fan and I listen almost daily and I would have heard if Scott Weiland croaked on that shit. By the way just out of curiosity, has anyone here ever done it??? Snort, smoke, shoot??

do tell

By J on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 10:36 pm:

I did heroin when I was younger.it made me itch,and puke,I,D RATHER BE up than DOWN

By Gee on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 02:34 am:

Did somebody mention Radiohead?

John Mann and Geoffrey Kelly from Spirit of the West wrote a song about one of those guys. Thom somebodyorother. It's called "Let the Ass Bray"

Someday I just might stop talking about Spirit of the West everytime the music subject comes up. But don't hold your breath.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 12:08 pm:

I have done it once, I snorted it, it was slowing going at first, but then I smoked pot and popped a couple of 10mg valium and with in seconds, literally, i was high as a kite, I have never shot it up, I did however shoot coke once, i was with some junky friends who couldn't score and well, coke is the next best thing. So they were fixing up and I thought I would give it a shot. Ever heard the song by Velvet Underground called white light white heat?? I was there, teetering on a fence between black and white, beads of sweat broke out instantly on my chest and forehead. I thought I was dying...scary. J, every speedball? it's too good and very dangerous, I prefer to be right in the middle, too up is bad and too down is bad, there is a happy medium but it's way too dnagerous

my wife once had a script of demerol, and we were popping those and doing lines, talk about bliss, OI VEY, but the risk for a stroke goes through the roof when you mix like that

By J on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 02:15 pm:

How in the hell did your wife get demerol?You have to be in some major pain to get that.I,m ashamed to say that after my Dad passed away,I thougt no use in wasting these,his demerol,now thats a high(low)that I liked.The best I can do is percoset.After the time I O.D.on speed I never did much of anything except pot and snorted a little coke now and then.Before that though when I was in my teens,I did heroin,I couldn,t shoot myself up,but would let others do it for me.I never did speedball though.A friend of mine,his nephew did that with crystal and he didn,t make it.He was 20,he was on life support for 2 days,you could see his heart beating out of his chest,it,s so sad.Yea Waffles,I know that white light,white heat,and I don,t ever want to see it again.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 02:51 pm:

well were at our rehersal studio and a buddy was playing with a large pushcart and she was on the flatbed part being pushed around the narrow corridors of the studio. her hands were grasping the side of the cart. he cut a corner too hard and one of her fingers got jammed between the metal corner of the flatbed and the metal corner brace on the wall. she almost lost the tip of her index finger. Anyway,the plastic surgeon she had to see there after prescribed it too her in the beginning. Then he dropped her down to darvocet (same as percocets I believe). Eitherway, we stayed high for a good week. I am good at manipulating doctors into getting what I want. I once had a bad flight into Chicago, bumpy as hell, took the fucker three trys to finally land the damn plane. I was convicned one of the stewardesses was blowing him in the COCKpit. After that I went to the doc proclaiming my fear of flying. next thing you know I am getting scripts for valium. Now I just go to the HMO, show them my medical records and play a little dumb about the medication ("um yes Doctor, whatver it is that my last doc prescribed seemed to work real well, if I could get the same medication i would be happy") and tell em I am flying to fucking brazil non stop.

the most exotic thing i have ever tried was a "skeletal relaxer" it's for bone marrow patients, it literally leaves you incapacitated. I was with friends who haad just returned from miam iwith a bucnh of shit and no one was daring enough to try it except me. I didn't get off the floor until the next day.

By J on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 05:00 pm:

I took some thorzine once and didn,t wake up for 2 days,I,m pretty good at working the doctors too.To my credit,when I had my cleaning buisness,one of my accounts was a Dental Group,man was I tempted,but I didn,t.

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 05:19 pm:

Just for clarification:

Percocet is a schedule II narcotic.
    Darvocet is a schedule IV narcotic.
    Darvocet is to Percocet like soda pop is to beer.

In the medical community there is a term "diverted". A diverted drug is a drug that was prescribed for a patient but actually stolen by a health care worker. The number one diverted drug is Vicodin. I find this interesting because I've seen more than one person here mention it here. Sorry, just rambling trivia.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 05:45 pm:

i see, I have one of those big assed pill books I use as a reference so i can read up on the pills i come across. Vicodin is fun and all, but frankly valium are better, although Vicodin is good because it doesn't always put you out in the end. I think the best for my tastes are demerol or dilaudid (spell doc?). As I understand it, those are basically synthetic heroin. They come from the opiate family, yes?

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

Yep, you're right. Here's an interesting tidbit. We use Phenergan with these narcotics to potentiate them (more bang for the buck). You will notice that Dilaudid and Demerol are phenothiazide derivatives and so is phenergan even though it is not a narcotic. Is there a chemist in the house to explain that.

By WAFFLES on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 06:37 pm:

HOW BOUT A PHARMACISTS INSTEAD? I AM SINISTER THAT WAY.

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 06:46 pm:

Funny memory just popped in my head. When I was in
    the Air force we had a Dr. who always looked
    fucked up, everyone called him Captain Qualude.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 06:47 pm:

I would not last as a doctor AT ALL

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, July 29, 1999 - 06:55 pm:

Hand in the cookie jar eh...

gotta go but here's a joke

Walgreen's Pharmacy was robbed at gunpoint today. The robbers stole all the Viagra. Local police are warning citizens to be on the lookout for four hardened criminals.

By Swine on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 04:08 am:

goddammit! muddy waters and little richard started goddam-muhfuckin' rock'n'roll, the beasties co-opted the east village/brooklyn vibe, lee scratch gave the clash all their fucking dub, graceland should be sold off and the proceeds given to poor memphis folk, keb mo fucking rocks!, saul williams is on intergalactic hip hop futurelove, mos def and talib kweli are phat! all hail dj premier, KRS ONE REIGNS SUPREME, prince paul is the shit, AXL ROSE SHOULD FUCKING DIE!, zap mama is FINE, FELA KUTI IS KING, MILES makes me smile, KICK LIKE BRUCE SWING LIKE CASSIUS - MUHAMMAD ALI IS A LIVING GOD! ALI! BOOH BAY YAH! ALI! BOOH BAY YAH!, bruce springsteen is gonna get props even after i've dissed his jersey ass all these years just cuz that's the way it's gonna be, THE ROOTS WILL INHERIT A P-FUNK NATION (for better or for worse), THE LAST POETS WILL CONTINUE TO RISE UP!, ella fitzgerald cools me, nina simone smooths me, TOOL is some crazy shit, i'm a nighthawk at the diner, i wanna keep riding the coltrane, flea is the muhfuckin' man BUT ANTHONY KEIDIS IS TOO DAMN LIGHT IN THE ASS, fruciante may be a damn good guitarist but i still aint buying the album, SONNY ROLLINS MAKES SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC TO LISTEN TO WHILE DRIVING AROUND MANHATTAN SMOKING POT AND WATCHING PEOPLE DO THEIR THING, sonic youth is over-rated, the velvet underground are guilty but i still dig it, GULIANI SUCKS!, i wish i had that brazillian pop cd that david byrne produced that i had back in 1989, YAMAHA KICKS ASS!, i should have never went to college in upstate new york, DEATH TO THE WACK!, rawkus is the muhfuckin' shit, I WANT A ROLAND JP8080!, de la soul are releasing a three-cd tour de force later this year, TRIBE SHOULD HAVE NEVER DISBANDED, i'm sick of the punk-assed bitch-assed no talent fucks who are always tryin' to talk shit but have NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE RUNNIN' THEIR JIBS ABOUT, sick of going out, sick of insane women,sick of knuckleheads, chickenheads, chuckleheads, and scrubbed-out motherfuckers, sick of CLUBS, sick of FASHION, sick of LA, sick of being sick, sick of realizing that i'm fucking quoting DE LA in STAKES IS HIGH, sick of running out of beer, sick of being drunk, pissed off that MY GOD DAMN COMPANY SHORT CHANGED ME $1400 ON THE LAST DIRECT DEPOSIT BECAUSE I FUCKING QUIT AND YOU MISERABLE FUCKING SLAVE DRIVERS OWE ME MY GOD DAMNED VACATION TIME!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i should be ok now.

thank you,

and goodnight.

motherfucker.

By Mom on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 10:58 am:

sounds like someone needs his weenie rubbed.

By Semillama on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 03:04 pm:

or needs to listen to SOD turned up all the way.

By Swine on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 03:23 pm:

stormtroopers of death?

i think i'll stick with the weenie-rubbing.

By Semillama on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 03:42 pm:

thought so!

hey is that "mom' one of yours, swine?

By Swine on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 05:13 pm:

yeah.

picked her up with one of those "buy 4 get 1 free" deals.

not much good for cooking and cleaning, but she rubs a mean weenie.

By Mom on Saturday, July 31, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

mean weenies are my specialité.

the meaner, the better.

i would be so disappointed if this surprises you.

By Cyst on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 12:33 pm:

I don't think radiohead is from seattle. are they?

limp bizkit paid for radio airplay in portland. supposedly it was the first time any radio station ever acknowledged on air that they were being paid to play a song (there'd be a little announcement before each time they'd play it. this was two years ago, I think.)

I once wore cute underwear for mark lanegan.

I got the guy who produced the screaming trees' first few albums to take me as his plus one to an invite-only show (a radio station's first birthday party), because the screaming trees didn't play seattle often and I had to go to every show possible. besides, I had a huge crush on the then-leonine lanegan.

so I thought, maybe! I! will! get! to! meet! mark! lanegan! (and maybe he will fall in love with me and we will live happily ever after.) so I wore my cutest underwear under my dinosaur jr. t-shirt.

(when we got to the show we talked to this guy from seaweed, a band I never liked. many years later he randomly talked to me in an rarely visited city-history museum in merida, mexico, and it was very weird that we had met before. anyway.)

then I saw a friend of mine, who now does naked performance art in the midwest, and we talked to him. then steve, my date (platonic -- I think he had a common-law wife at the time), said that he was going to go talk to the band.

he didn't invite me (and I didn't ask if I could come) even though (or maybe because) he knew I worshipped this band. he knew how I begged him to tape the out-of-print album, clairvoyance, for me.

so I missed my chance to meet mark lanegan. all I ever got to do was play his first solo album in the dark and pretend that all the songs were about me.

By Waffles on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 01:52 pm:

Robert Johnson, started Rock AND or Roll, Muddy, Lil Rich just encouraged it, the english did rip it with the stones, beatles, clapton etc, but a few managed to do it well, RL Brunside and the delta blues is TOPS on a hot sweaty night with a pint of cold beer in yer hands, KRS and Chuck D still top my charts like it was 1989, and whatever happend to Q-tip, Junior Wells is the best to cop a feel with a lil school girl, Sun Ra is the intergalactic prince, but maybe i missed something, Sonny sucked Bird's dick but still managed to hold his own, and Miles had a right to be pissed and angry at the white jazz scene, fucks like Brubeck and chet baker sucked his dick and the establishment left him to dry, but we all know the score long after he is dead, The Roots did revolutionize Philly, just as the Stooges put "motor" in the MOTOR CITY,

swine when are we gonna spin some vinyl these days.........

By Agatha on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 03:38 pm:

it's better that you enjoy his music, cyst. he's fucked up.

By Semillama on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 06:24 pm:

listening to the Cramps. I'm damn certain that VH-1 overlooked the guitarist in their "100 top Women of Rock" list.

By Cyst on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

http://eatthestate.org/02-32/AmericanNewspeak.htm

In the 1950's it was called "payola" and it created a major scandal. But in the 1990's, making payments to record stations to play a song has earned a new name. This has evolved into the production of "infomercials" and it's all quite legal, as long as the station announces the song has been sponsored. For example, Flip/Interscope will be paying KUFO-FM $5,000 to play the song "Counterfeit" by Limp Bizkit over 150 times to its listeners. And Jacor Communications, owners of a chain of 194 stations, has announced it is considering similar "collaborations,"(a term borrowed, I believe, from the French Resistance of WW II). Radio consultant Tom Barnes is quoted as saying such payments act "as lubrication to get more artistically advanced music on the air." Thank goodness that's all they're used for. (NYT 3/31)

By Lawanda on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 11:01 am:

Oh, that's bad news. I can't get any college radio around here. I miss that.

Tom Barnes must have "artistically advanced" confused with "backed by big bucks."

By Waffleboy on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 01:22 pm:

ok, so i went to see The Flaming Lips, Robyn Hitchcock, Sebadoh, EAR-Sonic Boom show last night. REcap:

It's a part of a tour they have come up with (brainchild from WAyne of the Lips) called MABD Revue, Music Against Brain Degeneration Revue. it's at an old theater called the Palace, While they have em, you can get headphones for the show, they is an extra facet to be heard, again brainchild of the Lips), however they ran out before i could get a pair. They had 500 pairs and there were about 800 people at the show. Anyway, Wayne did come on and apologize. Sonic Boom was first, we come in and managed to get seats in the upper level, I have my newly precscribed glasses, I can see for once, and our drinks are stiff as usual.. Sonic Boom used to rock with Spacemen 3 back in the day, now he is set up with about 5 Speak & Spell's, going through what appeared to be and 16/24 channel mixer witha few effect pedals, anyway, he makes this trippy music you want to take muscle relaxers too, nothing new here. it's good, plus all through out the show, they have a huge screen behind the stage with two spy cams placed up and around the microphones, so they keep swapping images, back and forth. They keep the set short, 30 minutes. Then the great Robyn Hitchcock comes on, I don't know much about his music, I just know he has been around for a long time, I did recall seeing a video of his way back when my mom paid for cable and 120minutes was all the rage on MTV, it didn't move me then. BUT, he was absolutely the best, it was him on accoustic and another guy on accoustic. He is kinda like Syd Barrett with his guitar and (obvious) accent melded together with Jonathon Richman lyrical wit and stage persona. Anyway, he is great, fun! Nothing more nothing less. Then Sebadoh, now Lou Barlow has always spelled pretention in the indie rock scene but i give him a chance and Sebadoh have never produced anything but consistant and somewhat creative indie rock. So they turn things up a bit with a full indie rock set, drums, bass, guitar. it's good it gets us moving. Then finally, after 4 Jack and cokes, the Lips come on, it's good, they do a quick song to "tune up" their gongs, keyboards, and guitars (and Wayne has to find his puppets)He tells us to pretend that we have been waiting for 3 hours to see him and that they have to go offstage and make a few technical adjustments, so when he comes back on, "it's as if the choppers and cops have escorted him here" so he wants us real jazzed, in a pep rally kinda way, so we comply. It's great, even though they don't have drums and a lot of the music is on tape, it frees them up a bit to have some fun, I can only imagine what it sounded like on the headphones, i was not so lucky. The images beind the screen vary from images of open heart surgery to the cutsy videos (She Don't use Jelly)to images of Wayne and his puppets right at stage, to David Letterman announcing their appearance on his show and so on....they rock out to 3 encores, and I am in bed by 1pm, up at 7, at work 8, good morning...

at first i was alittle diusgruntled with the fact that they didn't have the full band, with bass, drums more guitars etc etc. i resented the fact that most of their shit was on tape, but then again, they have proved themselves for years now, they are allowed I think,...anyway....thats all

By Rhiannon on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 03:10 pm:

Glad to hear Sebadoh came through. A friend of mine went to one of their shows a few years ago and actually fell asleep. And that's a bad thing.

Re: VH1's "100 women of rock" -- what on earth was Sheryl Crow doing on that list?! God, I can't stand that woman. She can't sing, she can't play, her lyrics are crap, and excuse me, but I was not aware that these qualities made someone *influential*. Music to vomit to is right!

However, they redeemed themselves by placing Ella Fitzgerald so high. She's a goddess.

By Flash Gordons Ape on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 04:17 pm:

How about Aretha Franklin and James Brown jamming at Carnegie Hall with a very very big band aura. And Chef of SouthPark namely Issac Hayes.

By Ida Lupino on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 04:19 pm:

Who played Shaft? that's the one,

By Appleboy on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 02:51 pm:

Aerosmith is the absolute shittiest music i have heard in years, with a close competition with any of those damn teenybopper "boy-bands"

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 03:59 pm:

I have a 13-year-old cousin that jest looooooovves
    those boy bands. When we saw her a few weeks ago,
    her dad was saying one group was
    better than the others, because they could
    actually harmonize. She got mad (!) and said "NO!
    They're all the same! THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!!!"
    And the great thing is, she meant that as a way to
    defend them.

Later that evening, she tried to get us to agree
    that she looks like Brittany Spears. It went
    down-hill from there

By Silly on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 03:59 pm:

Look how a band that put out that dreck Dreamweaver song has made all hat $$$$,I don,t get it.

By Gee on Friday, August 13, 1999 - 03:01 am:

Which band was the one that could harmonize?

My friend Tommy is a bouncer and he did an N'Sync (sp?) concert once. Even though he didn't care for their sound, he came away with a teensy bit of respect for them cuz they donated all the teddy bears and wotnot that their fans had given them to charity. Tommy said most bands just throw them out. I was horrified that they don't all Keep them. If ninty thousand people all gave me a teddy bear each, I'd keep them.

The next teddy bear I get I'm going to name "Swine".

By Rhiannon on Friday, August 13, 1999 - 10:00 am:

It was NSync, or however you write it.

By Irratated on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:56 am:

i hate britney spears she totally soundws like she's on helium or something!!!!i ,can't stand her at all.how can people stand her annoying voice.like,what the hell is the whole deal with being in space with her video.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 08:43 am:

I sense inebriation here.

By Jay on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 09:08 am:

i have to agree. britney spears is pretty fucking aggravating.
    i'd still fuck her and all don't get me wrong, but god she's irritating.

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 11:38 am:

Just the name Britney Spears is like scraping a fork across a plate. Cher, now there is one awful singer, also George MIchael, UGH. I have to go puke .............

By Hoover hoover on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:08 pm:

irRATTated-----RATT's comeback album
    in stores now!

By Isolde on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

"oops, I did it again...I played with your heart..."
    It's the only thing that ever plays on the pop station here, and one of the people at work is obsessed with pop. When the woman who listens to country is out to lunch, I get pop. Pop. Pop. Fargh.

By Skooter on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 10:51 am:

Okay, Okay....Now Everyone is entitled to their own god-damn ideas about what music sucks, and what does not suck, but I just have to pitch in my two cents. (Whether anyone cares or not). First off- Music That is Pukeworthy.
    Limp Dicksuck- Do I have to go on? Co-op, rip-off, frat boy- Fred Durst isn't worthy to like the shit off the bottom of my bands shoes, and we dont even have a decent demo tape. Fuck him....I like Wes Borlands contacts though.
    Any of those "Boy Bands"- Does anyone remember when this shit was popular in the 80's? Donnie Wahlberg, where are you?...Fuck them too.
    Cutie Nympho Schoolgirl Debbie Gibson Wannabes- Is anything worse than a Debbie Gibson wannabe? I'd like to put my genie in Christina Aguaillas bottle however.
    Overkill and Grim Reaper- Oh, my God. Truley scary, absoulty horrible cheesy 80's metal, whose videos make me wanna piss myself, beacuse I laugh so god-damn hard
    Pimp Daddy Welfare- My housemate listens to this shit. A Wesley Willis Wannabe. Is anything sadder than that? And I love Wesley Willis.
    Primus- Sucks (If you don't understand, you aren't in the Sea of Cheese with me)
    Country Music- Sucks- Except Hank Williams SR, Patsy Cline, and Johnny Cash. These new dudes don't even know how to ride a horse. (They might know hot to fuck one though).
    WannaBe Punk rock- The whole god-damn new "So-Cal" scence ala Blink 182. Love the old Cali punk, do like Rancid.
    Elwood- Sundown sucks. Beck rip-off, plus have we really gotten to the point where people are covering Gorden Lightfoot? Yeesh.
    Music that ROKS!
    Henry Rollins- Black Flag, Rollins Band. Great workout music, a daily inspriation to me.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- Been a member of the Brothers Blood since way back in their EMI days. Plus I saw them put on a wonderful show in Madison this year. So glad Johns back with them. That motherfucka can play guitar. If he keeps it up, he might be our generations only tie to the Hendrix legacy.
    Korn- I know, you don't like them, but I do, so what? "Won't you get the fuck out of my face...? NOW!"
    Fear Factory, Soulfly- Two newer metal bands that I like very much.
    Kittie- I worship the ground they walk on. I would like the sweat out of the inside of their bras if they would let me.
    Mile Davis- Get stoned and listen to Miles, then it makes a lot of sense.
    Mr Bungle- Big Mike Patton Fan, since FNM days.
    Ani Difranco, Tori, Fiona Apple, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon-- Luv, Luv, Luv, Luv, strong independent femal songwriters.
    ManRay 19- My favorite local band, with wheelchairs, deer, KRUG, Kent the weenie boy and Evan the goathearder.
    P.S Don't like Soundgarden? Chris Cornell has a better voice than Robert Plant, so fuck you.
    Radiohead is from Oxford.
    Lou Reed sold out, but as Tool says "I may have sold my soul to make a record...dip shit...I sold out long before you ever heard my name....The you bought one."

By Jay on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 11:17 am:

ahhh nothing like a good "hooker with a penis" reference.
    i don't understand. you say primus sucks but you like Mr. Bungle? they're both up there on the strange-o-meter if you dig that sort of shit.
    agree with most of the rest. i'm going to see sonic youth in august and i can't fucking wait.
    and as bradley nowell said, "nowadays the songs on the radio, all drive me crazy".

By Spdr on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 11:47 am:

Friends of mine saw SY in June and said they were great (and the first song they played was "Tom Violence," followed by "Schizophrenia"...oh, how I wish I had gone!)

Is Tool ready with a new album yet? Anybody know?

By redipS on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 11:47 am:

PS. Is our Isolde related to the Yseult who first posted here?

By Skooter on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 12:28 pm:

Jay...Primus Sucks. (Thats the absoultly most high complement you can give them) Fans Chant "Primus Sucks" The band itself says it sucks as well.

By Jay on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:05 pm:

i figured if you knew about the whole seas of cheese thing i was either reading it wrong or it was some inside thing. well, yeah they fucking suck.
    i think the whole reason homeboy from tool is doing that perfect circle thing is because tool has some sort of contract shit going on. they're in breach or some shit. so legally i guess they aren't allowed to make an album. from what i've heard they have shit ready to go they just have to take care of bidness first.
    now tool. they really fucking suck.

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

Um...no.
    I realize that the origional spelling of Isolde was Yseult (See Tristan and Yseult, Gottfried von Straussburg), but I choose to use the modern corrupted spelling.
    Plus--do I look like I fucked a 27 year old Kosovar med student?

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

Also, please to note before all you crazy IP address people bother looking:
    Yseult: 216.89.101.87
    Me: 216.119.46.148

By trap-door spider on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 02:55 pm:

Sorry, Isolde.

Jay: "now tool. they really fucking suck." -- those are fighting words, I tell you.

By Nelly on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 12:09 am:

things i didn't listen to enough to get to really hate:

Squirrel Nut Zippers
    Kenny G. (but it's cool to hate him in some jazzbo circles, which this is obviously not one)
    sometimes moby has made me cringe. but mainly, it's the visuals.

with the death of top 40 radio, you don't get forced to listen to awful music over and over to the point of wanting to kill as much. you have to depend on roomates and spouses and stuff for that. I have neither.

By Jay on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 12:28 am:

i meant if primus "sucks" meaning a compliment like they're really good. then tool would really "suck" as in they're really good.
    get it?
    why am i even explaining myself.

By Adesola oladele on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 08:21 am:

people dont know ebora they have until it is no more

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact