To torture.

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: To torture.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 07:32 pm:

If you had the opportunity to torture somebody
    by playing the same song over and over and
    over for about 12 hours what would you pick
    and why.

I'm thinkin that stupid cotton eyed joe song
    that was out a few years ago would be a good
    candidate...

By semillama on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:05 pm:

The "Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm" song would be ideal.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:38 pm:

I liked that song! Don't hurt me.

**Anything by:

Blink-182 and all the thousands of bands who sound like them.

Steely Dan (pity me because my roommate loves them)

**Almost any R&B song.

**I know it's old, but Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know."

By TBone on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

I am impervious to infinite repetitions of Cotton Eyed Joe. I don't know why.

Any of that other crap would have me frothing at the mouth on the third one.

I once brought someone to the brink of insanity with a combination of Spoonman and that Filter song... Hey man, nice shot. Is that what it's called? anyhow... yeah.

That Barbi song... That would kill me.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

I'm pretty much impervious to repitition, because I just start tuning it out. My friend Hans has "The Annoying Music CD." I think "Special Kind of Place" off that CD would be the way to go.
    I've been listening to the Pi soundtrack over and over again.

By pez on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 12:58 am:

"da da da", anything by the spice girls, anything that's country, "it's a small world", the titanic song, and the stupid mix that z100 did of wonderful where they added a bunch of voices saying 'wonderful' over and over and over...glad i don't listen to z100 much anymore.

By Gecko on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

Who let the dogs out? Woof Woof Woof Woof

By J on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

Gypsy's,Tramps and Thieves by Cher.

By N.b. on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 10:56 pm:

I was once tortured with "The Streak" by Ray Stevens. I was working in the radio station that "broke" the song, and for awhile it was #1 ... which meant it came on about twice and hour and we were required to listen to the station all day...

By N.b. on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 10:57 pm:

...it was enough to make a person tear off their clothes and run screaming through the streets...

By crimson on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 12:46 am:

there's nothing like being a DJ to burn you out on certain types of music. i've been a jock at a lot of different stations. the worst was when i worked at a country station. i hate country music. it was ALL torture. i've played tons of george jones records & hope i never hear another one.

at a pop station, i had to continuously play "my baby takes the morning train" by sheena easton. horrifying. i never could stand sheena easton. that song is like nails on a chalkboard.

but to REALLY torture somebody, there's always that late 60s/early 70s song that starts off "my name is michael, i've got a nickel" (i think the actual title is "playground in my mind", something like that)...remember that one?

also: "run, joey, run", "billy, don't be a hero", "disco duck", "convoy" & "seasons in the sun". those songs run through my head more often than i care to admit. pure torture.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 01:21 am:

My name is Isolde...I have a dime!

By moonit on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

we had joy we had fun we had jesus in the
    sun.

my mum told me off for singing that.

she said i had a dirty mind

i think its all in the interpretation.

By Ladi da on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 06:39 am:

detachable penis

By TBone on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 10:16 am:

How could someone NOT like King Missile? Incredible.

By Dougie on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 10:21 am:

That "Don't Worry Be Happy" song. That "I Will Take You Higher" song with that inane guitar mordent -- betcha the dude had to practice for a year before he nailed that lick.

By Da ka on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:57 pm:

Skunk Anansie - Hedonism

no way to survive more than two repetitions of this song.

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:04 am:

Hamster dance

By Lapis on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:27 pm:

almost any song where the singer sings through their nose.

eugh.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact