Evita

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: Evita
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dave on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 02:23 am:

I don't even know what to say. Repulsive...

By Spider on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 08:35 am:

Speaking of repulsive...... Dave, you read Stephen Donaldson's Gap Chronicles, didn't you?

Is it just me, or are those books INCREDIBLY BORING? I skimmed through the third book last night -- I couldn't bear to read it properly.

I think part of the reason for the dullness is the way the action unfolds....it's like Donaldson not only tells, not shows, but he tells you all the implications of the events, as well, instead of letting you figure them out for yourself. He describes everything, rather than just letting things happen.

I wish I could think of an example.

Plus, two things: I don't care for technological science fiction in general (so I started with that disadvantage), and if I have to see another "Nick's scars glowered black with blood" or whatever, I will swear off Donaldson forever.

It's a shame because I really like the idea of setting up a abuser/abused/rescuer triangle and then switching everyone's role half-way through the story. He just didn't do a very captivating job of translating the idea onto the page.

By Ophelia on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 10:43 pm:

mmm...evita. dont cry for me argentina, cry or dont, doesn't really make a difference to the old man in the blue coat. why should i have no fear about fear itself when people kill and cry and never love for fear of loss of love? i fear too and fear that. white dress red shoes, so elegant and full of romance, just a face. sparkle like cut glass. hmmm. oh yes.

By Nate on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 00:29 am:

someone needs some rough anal.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 10:15 am:

it definitely makes for a good enema.

By J on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

I seriously wish I could remember the ingrediants my Dr. used the time I couldn't poop for ten days,he called it an mayo enema and I remember thinking after he told me what was in it"Why did I have to go to the emergency room,I could have done this at home and kept my dignity" it had baking soda for sure in it,maybe salt, anyway it was all stuff you had at home 3 or 4 things.I've tried doing a search on mayo enema but I just found a kinky message board.

By wisper on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

oh, i think we could all use some rough anal these days.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 07:51 pm:

grrr...my roommate is nocturnal and its driving me crazy cause she wakes up at 8pm (seriously, shes asleep still right now but should be up soon) and wont stop talking to me so i cant get work done, and i dont really wanna go to the library cause its creepy plus cold and snowy outside and i have trouble sleeping when her light is on and so i fall asleep during the day between classes and its driving me craaazy. so thats why i post shit that makes no sense.

grr.

and i'm going to die on 2 midterms next week but am totally unable to concentrate long enough to study.

these are some of the things wrong with my life right now.

and yes, as you've been so good to point out, there is no sex life. that is a problem too, not an immediate one, but a lurking one.

so yes, i'm a bit grr right now. generally happy, but moody too. thank you, thats all the rant for today.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:09 pm:

im going to step out on a limb here and advocate the memory stick and a good tit fucking, but um in a weird place these days.

what!

By wisper on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

couldn't you hang something like a black sheet aross your bed, so the light wouldn't bother you?

By patrick on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 00:23 am:

gouge your eyeballs. VOILA!

By Ophelia on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 09:02 am:

but i dont want a black sheet hanging across my bed! that would be terribly inconvenient during the day when my bed doubles as sofa, desk, etc. (example i'm sitting on my bed right now)...my desk is too cluttered to actually use. and she's not strictly nocturnal, she just sleeps really unusual hours that are often during the day. bah. but next year i'll have a single, so i can make it through the rest of this year. only a month til finals (yikes thats soon), and then i move out. god i have so much crap in this room, moving out will be real fun.

this morning was excellent. I have 3 friends visiting me, one who might come here next year, which would be so awesome. but she was meeting with a track coach in the morning so i got up early to get her up, but when i woke up i looked out my window and saw the sunrise pouring over the mountains and hitting the snow, making it all golden-rosy colored. and then i took them all to breakfast, and actually sat down and enjoyed my bagel and banana and tea, which i never have time to sit down and relax to. i also didn't mind getting up early since i went to bed last night at 10:30 since i was feeling sick. now i am so awake for calculus. still sick, but on the whole, such a good morning!

By Spider on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 09:16 am:

I had a strange dream this morning.

I dreamt I was in a house with my mother, aunts, uncles, cousins....all these people milling about the living room. I felt sick and tired, so I laid down on the pullout sofa.

I suddenly found myself in the back of a huge station wagon. My head was buzzing about and I felt like I was hallucinating for a few moments, and then I saw that with me in the car were all these old homeless people...and my grandfather.

There was one old guy in particular who was sitting near me and paying way too much attention to me in a creepy way, and it became apparent to me that my grandfather had drugged me and sold me to these people. I decided to pretend that I hadn't figured this out, and I joked with the creepy old guy that I was sooo stoonnned, dude.

They took me to this house where this younger man lived with some dogs and a little girl. I realized *this* was the guy I had been sold to, for the purpose of taking care of his daughter. I played with the guy's dogs for a while and asked him questions about the breeds...trying to be friendly so he wouldn't realize I was aware of the transaction that had taken place. (For some reason, I felt I would be beaten up or killed if I exposed the plan.)

His daughter was about 3 or so, and she kept poking me in my stomach. (This is an occurring theme in my dreams -- people poking or punching me in the stomach. It hurts a lot!) So, you know, I wasn't too thrilled about having to live with her. But I took her aside and told her to stop poking me, because it hurt. Then I worried that maybe I shouldn't have said that -- she might poke me more now that she knows it hurts me.

Then I woke up.

And I was so tired this morning, I got out of bed 1/2 hour after my alarm and didn't take a shower. I'm glad I didn't work out last night.

By Ophelia on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 00:33 pm:

My dream this morning really fit with the sunrise that I saw. I dont remember much detail or plot, but I was trying to make something, a sculpture using various materials, I dont know what they were though. But I think I was really enjoying making it, and it was beautiful. I'm really not much of an artist, and its not something I would normally be doing, but it had something to do with creation and dawn and so when I saw the sunrise I was even happier, and I felt like it was totally meant to go with my sculpture and my dream. My sculpture was made even better by the sunrise, too, with the rosy light on it.

By Ophelia on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

hehe. one of those complaints above was solved last night. ophelia is no longer lonely!

now we're gonna see about that part about the calc midterm...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact