Godowsky's Passacaglia (44 variations, cadenza and fugue on the opening of Schubert's 'Unfinished' Symphony)

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Godowsky's Passacaglia (44 variations, cadenza and fugue on the opening of Schubert's 'Unfinished' Symphony)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By ISLANDMAN on Sunday, April 5, 1998 - 07:56 pm:
    AWESOME piece of piano music. Can't get it outta my head. A must for any pianist who appreciates technical proficiency. Get the Rian de Waal CD "Piano Music by Leopold Godowsky" (Hyperion CDA66496).

islandman@islandman.com

By PetRock on Sunday, April 5, 1998 - 10:35 pm:
    Jeezus...what a coincidence! That's what I was just thinking of too!

By
G.Albers on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

I'm searching the piano score of Godowsky's Passacaglia. Anybody could help me?

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

Damn, all he could come up with was a measly 44 variations on the opening of Schubert's Unfinished? Hell, I come up with that many in my head just taking a quick dump. Should write them down some day.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

horseshit. break it out, dougie.

By Fan on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 09:11 pm:

yeah, where are the mp3s? should be pretty easy for an inspired guy like you to knock them out quickly. can't wait.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 09:13 pm:

Well whaddya know -- just heard on the radio that it's old Franzie's birthday. Happy Bday Mister S.
    Thanks for all the wonderful tunes you gave us, especially the most glorious chamber music work ever created, your string quintet. (To all you unitiated philistines out there, get it, listen to it, revel in it.)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact