God Damn The Sun

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: God Damn The Sun
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Blindswine on Sunday, June 7, 1998 - 11:01 pm:
    when i was in highschool, i knew this guy named doug who took up the quest to find self at an early age. maybe it was because both his parents died when he was a little kid. maybe it was because his gaurdian screwed him out of all the insurance money; thereby showing him the inherent cruelty in the world while he was young and compromising his innocence.
    i don't know.
    i remember that doug used to like to mountain bike a lot and that he always had copies of RE:search magazine lying around his apartment with articles about people like Genisis P. Orridge and the Temple of Psychick Youth and the Anti-Natural Movement and other entities that exist on the lunatic fringe.
    he gave me this tape by this band called "The Swans". kelsey mentioned them somewhere today or yesterday or some other day and it brought back the memory of listening to this album all fucked up on whatever it was we were fucked up on and thinking how it was this mad-ass sound from some dank abyss that was closer to us all than anyone would feel comfortable with. i think the name of the album was "Children of God"
    the first song went something like this:

...and god is mine...
    ...and god is mine...
    when they call my number i will be there
    when they call my number i will be there
    with my eyes
    wide
    open.
    SO SAVE YOUR SOUL! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!
    SAVE YOUR SOUL! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
    YES SAVE YOUR SOUL!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

yeah... i liked that song a lot. the album sould go from industrial banging and gothic screaming to gentle feminine vocals... children of god...

they released another album a few years later that i bought called "The Burning World."
    it had a cover of "Can't Find My Way Home" on it that i still like, although i haven't listened to it in years.
    (when i'm wasted and i can't find my way home.)
    and the song God Damn The Sun.

"god damn the sun
    god damn the sun
    god damn the light it shines
    and this world it shows.

god damn the sun
    god damn anyone
    who says a kind word to me.
    or smiles..."

i don't know; i can't remember. i'm fucking tired. but that song keeps coming back into my head and thinking about doug and what the fuck happened to that kid cuz he's got nobody. no family. no nothing. i went back home and nobody had heard of him or from home since 1989. the last they heard he was living in los angeles doing god knows what.

shouting curses upon the sun?

who knows.

i'm getting the fuck out of here and going to bed.

By blindswine on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 04:12 pm:

fall victim to a rite of passage,
    hands full with blossoms and knives,
    this city makes a man go savage,
    watch the fallen small run for their lives...

soon come around somebody to save me,
    soon come around something more,
    never gonna let the vices grab me,
    standing tall in the fields of the lord.

think it's time to get this party started,
    loosen up and let the heart run free,
    all the money saved is disregarded,
    for the beginning of the century.

soon come around somebody to save me,
    soon come around something more,
    never gonna let the vices grab me,
    standing tall in the fields of the lord.

cool livin' leads a good boy nowhere,
    stand draggin' temptation run wild,
    nobody seems to know about anything -
    say a prayer for this fortunate child...

By Hal on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 07:56 pm:

Whoa.

By Deadboy on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 05:56 pm:

God damn The Sun....he was right!

By Deadboy on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 05:56 pm:

God damn The Sun....he was right!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact