Years Ago - Super Deluxe

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Years Ago - Super Deluxe
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Carrie Ann on Tuesday, June 16, 1998 - 05:41 am:
    "I lost my heart to you years ago... where are you, where.. are you now...?"

Pretty cool group/song. I love the harmony in this one. I just got back from seeing The Truman Show (GO SEE IT) with my friend, Otto and we were listening to Super D in the car, so now this song is stuck in my head. But that's ok, cuz I like it. So hey, guess it works.

OW.. that was one hard mofo sneeze. Damn, my ears are ringing and my nose is numb now. Don't think I've ever sneezed that hard in my life. It gave me major chills. Heh, thought I'd share. Must be the pollen. I've been sneezing all day. :p I bought some disposable violet contacts when I was in Canada last week and because my eyes are watering so much due to allergies, I haven't been able to get them in. That and the fact that I've never really worn contacts before and I'm having a helluva time getting them in and then getting them to stay. They're really lightweight, soft ones and I haven't found the best technique to putting them in yet. Anyone have suggestions? My sister and I were in absolute hysterics the other night, after having spent 30 mins in the bathroom trying to get these blasted things in my eyes. Such a bonding experience. Heh.

By Pete on Tuesday, June 16, 1998 - 06:24 am:
    Make sure you're putting them on right side up (or down, or in, or whatever....)

Me? I just pop the fuckers in....what's bad is trying to take a lens out, you spend 5 minutes searching, and then realize that you already removed it. Or putting 2 lenses in one eye.

I would not recommend trying to put it in while looking in the bathroom mirror....that always confuses me. Just look away, and put it in.

(I just called for a free certificate yesterday for colored lenses....and idea what looks best on dark brown eyes?)

By CarrieAnn on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 07:06 am:
    Hrmm, ok cool. I'll have to try that. Thanks Pete. :]

I've been doing just that too. Staring straight at it in the bathroom mirror and all I succeed in doing is psyching myself out of it before I've even gotten within an inch of my eyeball. I tried again today and still to no avail. I tried a number of different ways, but they just don't seem to want to go in. I get them all the way so they are touching my eyeball, but then I go to look on my finger and they've bended back around to the form of that finger. I try to make sure they're the right amount of wet so they don't stick to my finger and just kinda float right in my eye. Blah! I'm determined though, that's for sure. I'll try until I either get the fuckers in or they expire. (Which isnt until June of 2000, so I'm hopin its the first.)

I have funky eyes. They change color.. diff shades of blue, to diff shades of gray to diff shades of green. It all depends on my mood and what I am wearing. My boyfriend was looking at me the other day and mentioned that my eyes were this bluish/misty gray color with little green flecks around the edges. Kinda cool. But I bought violet ones because I've always liked my friend's violet contacts. She has brown eyes come to think of it. So maybe those would look cool. It all depends on what look you're going for. I think for the most part, they will all "work" on any eye color, but they will pick up a little of the natural color so maybe if there's a way you could try diff. sets on first. The place I went to gave me that option. Course it was an extra $20 or $30 to do so, heh. I've always been a fan of brown eyes, myself. *smile* My boyfriend has this huge brown puppy dog eyes, not to mention beautiful, thick, long eyelashes. Damn him, heh. But they melt me everytime.

By Pete on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 01:30 pm:
    People always ask me how can I stick my finger in my eye? It really isn't that big a deal to me anymore....as long as the hands are clean : )

But I remember my first pair of contacts....age 16. My Christmas present. After getting them home, I tried taking them out and putting them back in again....and it took me at least 30 minutes of cursing, sweating, wondering what I had gotten myself into.

Just remember: Practice makes perfect

By Pete on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 01:34 pm:
    Ah....but it could be due to the allergies as well. I used to have pretty severe hayfever in the fall, and every day around 1pm, like clockwork, my right lens would decide to abandon ship, and either jump out of my head or travel waaaaay back into the furthest recesses of my eyeball....(which is none too pleasant)

By Blindswine on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 03:08 pm:
    i used to get *mad* squeamish at the idea of touching my own eyeball. now after 8 years of wearing gas permeables, i can pretty much stick my fingers in my eye at will...
    just remember to wash your hands and trimming your fingernails before poking yourself in the peepers.
    i won't even bring up all the horror stories about nasty eye infections as a result of bad contact hygeine...
    but all leave you this.
    anyone ever advise you to use your own saliva as cleansing solution when you run out?

don't.

By Pete on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 10:33 pm:
    now that is something i had never considered doing....until now.

so i guess saliva ISN'T god/nature's own cleaning solution? i guess the kids in the hall lied to me about that....

but yeah, i can run my finger over my eyeball if i want....not that i really want to, but you never know.

HA!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 11:08 pm:
    ewwww ewwww ewwwww I could NEVER do the Contact thing...

By CarrieAnn on Friday, June 19, 1998 - 07:18 am:
    Well woo! About freaking time. 5 days and countless hours later heh... I got them in. Or I should say, I got ONE in. I stood there, staring in the mirror (tried the whole looking away from the mirror and just putting it in, guess my aim is bad. Don't really need to see outta my nose.) and after a few times of getting it half in, freaking out and yanking it back out, it went in partially and I just slid it up and over. Except, the color sucked. :p Well, not entirely. But my eyes are already a teal and I bought violet thinking they would change my eye color somewhat drastically. It turned them more of a light bluish-purpley silver. Kinda weird, kinda cool. I gave up after the 3rd try of getting the other in because the 1st had taken so much outta me. Heh. Getting them out wasn't nearly as hard. And not only did my eye water like a fountain but because they aren't correction and the color was in streaks rather than solid, everytime it moved with my eye, I could see a little fuzziness outta the corner of my eye. Made me feel like rubbing me eyes. I'm pretty disappointed with them, but will probably end up wearing them at least once or twice to try to get some of my money's worth. Was thinking about wearing them to a party I'm going to tonight, but don't think that's the time/place to try out a new pair of contacts. Unless I wanna be miserable the whole night. Heh.

Thanks again for the advice, Pete. :)

By Pete on Friday, June 19, 1998 - 01:52 pm:
    anytime CarrieAnn....

By
Amy on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 01:13 am:

It's years later. Do you still check this?

I lived your contact experience, and thought I'd lived though the worst horrors of them. (trying to get them in)

I recently learned two new things that can go wrong with colored contacts:

1. buying Freshlook Colorblends - they SUCK. They are a total rip-off. I have brown eyes, I bought amethyst, and my eyes look BROWN with them in. No different than usual. I used to have some kind of violet contacts that came in vials and they were AWESOME. These amethyst Colorblends were just a total ripoff.

2. I also got honey colored Colorblends. For the first time in my life, I am losing the contacts in the back of my head. I find them the next morning when I wake up. I know a guy who said that used to happen to him, and one of his contacts never did reappear!!! It spooks me to put a contact in, then have it roll back into my head, and just hoping it shows up on my eyeball the next morning. It's happened twice to me so far, and I'm hoping it never happens again. The second time it happened, it didn't show up in the morning until I bent over to put food in my cat's dish. That's when I felt it roll forward. YUCK.

Contacts are weird. But I like them- when the color works! Try TruColor on the visiondirect.com website. No prescription and they work AWESOME. Total real color- no fake Colorblend "technology"

By Big foot on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 10:06 pm:

my eyes are red in the morning ,but blue/green in the afternoon,yet i wish they were purple,any ideas.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:39 am:

I've lost a couple contacts behind my eyes (temporarily)...you can get them back my sort of massaging your eyelids against your eyes and then openingn wide and looking sharply left or right.

I've done the two contacts in one eye thing, too.

There's a particular brand of colored lenses that is good for dark eyes, but damned if I can remember its name. My eyes are almost black, and I tried on the grey colored lenses of this brand, and they looked pretty good. The problem is that the color is applied to the lens in such a way that it looks like the color in a newspaper photo -- there are little circles of color...you know what I mean? So your eyes look like they've been colored by a newspaper printer, too -- not too realistic.

By Big foot on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

in matrix reloaded,they solve this problem with shades.

By J on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 06:29 pm:

When I use to wear contacts,I had a pair of reddish tinted contacts to make my blue eyes look purple.

By Big foot on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

j,if i find them contacts,the gurllys will be like putty in my hands [i hope]

By Nathan on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 08:03 pm:

I think the contacts you mean are Elegance/Natural touch lenses. I have very dark brown eyes and I ordered a pair of Baby Blue's. I was AMAZED. I have been wearing coloured lenses for 5 years and only just tried these.

I would recommend them to anyone with dark eyes.
    BUT TAKE NOTE.
    The ones they ship as 'monthly disposable's' (these are mostly availible around europe) DO NOT give the same results as they yearly replacements....

PS. The guy who said they made his eyes red when he woke up.... I dont think your supposed to sleep with freshlook lenses in...

By Monika on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 08:57 pm:

I just got my first pair of contacts and was thinking about colors. I want to make my light brown/green eyes into aqua. I ordered the tru color and they work GREAT!! They look a lil bold but they change the color really good!

By J on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 03:25 am:

But you can tell it's contacts.

By Monika on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

not really

By Vyvyan on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 11:02 pm:

yes really

By Monika on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 11:28 pm:

they look sorta fake but they look natural too

By kazu on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 12:43 am:

no they don't

By Monika on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 09:35 pm:

they do look a lil natural

By Vyvyan on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 09:54 pm:

no.

By Monika on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 04:37 pm:

whatever

By Vyvyan on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 05:15 pm:

fwqwgads

By Mike on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

Rock rock on!

By Monika on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 08:17 pm:

ummmmmm ok once again whatever

By Vyvyan on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 09:13 pm:

EVERYBODY TO THE LIMIT!!!

By Thnikkaman on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 10:37 pm:

DELETED!!

By Monika on Saturday, June 5, 2004 - 06:29 pm:

??

By Punk_rock_grl on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 04:10 pm:

8 o clock monday night and i'm waiting to finally talk to a grl a lil cooler than me her name is nona she's a rocker with a nose ring she wears a 2 way but im not quite sure what that means and wen she walks all the wind blows and the angels sings but she doesn't notice me cuz she's watching wresting creaming over tough guys listening to rap metal turntables in her eyes

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact