~*~ To Make You Feel My Love ~*~

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: ~*~ To Make You Feel My Love ~*~
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Carrie Ann on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 12:41 pm:

This song was written by Bob Dylan & re-recorded by Billy Joel and Garth Brooks. What a random trio. Heh. Anyway, I have only heard Garth's version from my box set (Limited Series) and love it. It was also on the soundtrack of the somewhat recent flick, 'Hope Floats.' (Harry Connick Jr. & Sandra Bullock - 2 of my favs.) I'd love to hear how Dylan did it though. It's a great song.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"To Make You Feel My Love" - Bob Dylan

When the rain is blowing in your face
    and the whole world is on your case
    I would offer you a warm embrace
    to make you feel my love

When evening shadows
    and the stars appear
    and there is no one there
    to dry your tears
    I could hold you for a million years
    To make you feel my love

I know you haven't nade your
    mind up yet
    But I would never do you wrong
    I've known it from the moment
    that we met
    No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
    I'd go crawling down the avenue
    No, there's nothing I wouldn't do
    To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rollin' sea
    Down the highway of regret
    The winds of change are blowing
    wild and free
    You ain't seen nothing like me yet

Nothing that I wouldn't do
    Go to the ends of the earth for you
    I could make you happy, make your
    dreams come true
    To make you feel my love

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 08:34 pm:

In addition to Brooks' version, Trisha Yearwood sings the same song on the Hope Floats soundtrack. I have not heard it though.

It is a marvelous song.

By Carrie Ann on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 05:05 am:

Cool, PJ. :) I love Trisha. I saw her when I went to the Garth Brooks concert a couple weeks ago. She opened for him & it was awesome. Total adrenaline rush thru the whole concert. Just something about performances (concerts, plays, ballets...) in general that do it to me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact