The theme Tune to the muppets.....anyone know the lyrics?

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: The theme Tune to the muppets.....anyone know the lyrics?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Garbo on Thursday, September 24, 1998 - 07:29 am:

I think I remember this much:-

Its time to play the music,
    Its time to light the lights
    Its time to get things moving
    on the muoppet show tonight

By MoonUnit on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 12:45 am:

its time to look things over
    its time to get things right
    its time to get things started
    why dont you get things started

on the most sensational insperational celebrational this is what we call the muppppetttt shoowoowwoooooo

well thats as much as what I can remember... damn it now i'm gonna look for the lyrics

By Moonie on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 12:50 am:

oh I forgot muppetational fits in there somewhere

By Garbo on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 03:51 am:

Cheers!

By Carrie Ann on Sunday, September 27, 1998 - 03:46 am:

It's time to play the music
    It's time to light the lights
    It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight

It's time to put on make up
    It's time to dress up right
    It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight

To introduce this record
    That's what I'm here to do
    So it really makes me happy
    To introduce to you

The first, original, genuine, no money back guarantee
    Muppet Show Cast Album!

It''s time to put on make up
    It's time to dress up right
    It's time to get things started on the most sensational
    Inspirational, celebrational, muppetational
    This is what we call the Muppet Show!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*Staggers off to get another Pina Colada* wOo!

By MoonUnit on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 12:08 am:

*clapping* Well done Carrie Ann

By Karia on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 10:52 am:

Excellent and mucho gracias!

K.

By Pembridge on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 09:42 pm:

There was also the part in the opening of the show where the two old guys up in the balcony sang

Why do we always come here?
    I guess we'll never know...
    It's like a kind of torture,
    to have to watch the show!

By MoonUnit on Tuesday, September 29, 1998 - 07:31 pm:

i loved those two old guys... I've forgotten their names....

By Slacker on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 12:45 am:

mortimer and snerd
    or somthin'

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 01:03 am:

Hehe, Starchy.

Statler and Waldorf, pretty sure.

By Karia on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 06:23 am:

As a kid I could never understand why Kermit didnt leave Miss Piggy...what was the attraction there?

k.

By Quidam on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 02:16 pm:

In this life you gotta take love where you find it, even if that means a swine shaped piece of felt with a man's hand stuck up it's ass.

I know I did.

By NZAngel on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 06:27 pm:

When I was a kid I had a Miss Piggy Poster. She was in a satin karate suit saying "HaaaYeeaaa!"

My favorite character was Cookie Monster.

By Sheila on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 08:13 pm:

I split logs for a couple of hours this p.m. (all I can tolerate is a couple of hours, it's painful) the entire time using the Muppets Theme Song as an infinitely adjustable metronome to drive those last few blows to the wedge until the split happens. The crescendo of the last line, with syncopation, is a power tool for making firewood. Not only did it work perfectly, I was lost in a Muppets daze, remembering the show in its prime. Thanks, Carrie Ann.

By Hummmmmer on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 09:53 pm:

I spread legs for a couple of hours this p.m. (all I can tolerate
    is a couple of hours, it's painful) the entire time using the
    Muppets Theme Song as an infinitely adjustable metronome to
    take those driving blows to the bone until the split
    happens. The crescendo of the last line, with syncopation, is a
    power tool for making love. Not only did it work
    perfectly, I was lost in a Muppets daze, remembering the
    show in its prime. Thanks, Carrie Ann

By Sheila on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 09:59 pm:

Why didn't I think of that? Never mind; I know why.

By Terry on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 10:14 pm:

why?

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 10:47 pm:

You're verrrry welcome, Sheila dear. Glad to know my ability to maintain seemingly useless info can actually come in handy once in awhile. ;)

In other news:
    I got a whole lot of sleep last night.. that is until someone fired 12 shots (from a shotgun, not pistol) right outside my window. (staying at my mom's now) Quite a pleasant way to awaken at 6am. They were in sets of 3 and got closer and closer until 12 total (that I heard when it jolted me awake) were fired, the last 3 sounding as though the gunman were right under the window. Needless to say I didn't fall back asleep anytime soon & called the cops. They said they'd received numerous calls and wanted to know if we'd seen anything. Haven't heard anything about it again as of yet. Nice lil suburban neighborhood full of older people... or is it? Heh, fun stuff!

By Garbo on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 12:16 pm:

You must have wonderful neighbours CarrieAnn!

By Quidam on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 02:29 pm:

If you're sure it was gun fire, you might want to go outside your window and see if you can find any spent brass or shells. This would tell the cops alot about what kinds of gun(s) they were using and possibly even identify the particular gun used. Assuming the cops are willing to go that far to figure it out. Which they probably aren't.

Just a thought.

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, October 1, 1998 - 11:12 pm:

Heh, all my mom's neighbors (I live in Seattle.. was just visiting her) are older.. like in their 60's and up. Never had any problem in the 20 yrs I had lived here. Craziness! Well, there isn't anything in our backyard, but it sounded like it were that close. Yeah, I'm 100% positive it were gunfire. The police had already received numerous calls on the matter. Anyway, yeah haven't heard any more on the matter so I haven't a clue as to who it was or what the deal was. C'est la vie, I suppose!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, January 7, 1999 - 10:31 am:

Umm... like... I'm sorry, Carrie Ann sweetykins, but you did not get the theme right.

Almost, but not quite...

The first verse goes:

It's time to play the music
    It's time to light the lights
    It's time to get things started on the Muppet Show tonight

There. You now have it.

By Wisper on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 05:45 pm:

I just remembered.
    There was this one muppets character that, as a child, would cause me to throw my ViewMaster (tm) across the room and run away crying. He was a skinny guy with large crazy eyes and black messy hair...I have no idea what his name was, but he would appear on the show at irregular intervals and blow things up. I think he was friends with the guy who threw boomerang fish. He had one of those TNT boxes with a plunger on top like Coyote used to use for Roadrunner, and he would laugh this crazy laugh. I remember wondering why the hell Kermit would let the guy into the studio every night, and why the big brown furry monster didn't get pissed off and just eat the little pyro.

Now however I realize that was possibly the most interesting character on the show, and I really must find that ViewMaster card.

(This isn't a crackhead dream, he really did exist!!)

By Nate on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 06:51 pm:

i remember him.

he inspired me.n

By Mala-Dicta on Thursday, June 10, 1999 - 05:52 pm:

I don,t remember him,but got all excited when everyone besides Big Bird could see Snuffaluffigas.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact