Lyrics question -- Mule

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Lyrics question -- Mule
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Saturday, April 24, 1999 - 06:29 am:

Okay, has anybody ever heard (note: heard, not heard of) the band Mule? With P.W. Long?

On their "If I Don't Six" album, there's this song "Nowhere's Back": very very ominous and creepy for a Mule song, and unfortunately, I can't understand half of what is being sung.

So! If you know the song, can you help me out with the lyrics? Here's what I've gotten so far:

She's a crowd in a cell [or, a crowded cell, or she's crying in a cell]
    She's a train's beam at the tunnel's end
    She's a night and the day is long

And Jesus, I've tried everything I know
    To stop her lying and running round
    She did not see the shooter man (?)
    She promised me her first baby
    If I promised to go away

She's a giant in the halls of hell
    A famine in the land of milk and honey
    She's a fabulous dancer
    ?

I tried to crawl to the light
    I'm groping through the blackened fields
    A reason there I found (?)
    That's all she left for me to carry

I grinned as she lied there and wondered if she was lying to me (?)
    A hope of running was around the night away (?)
    I came to tell her, I'm trying to tell you
    It seems you always hate the one you love
    She'll leave you on your knees again (?)
    And I've tried everything I know
    And I'll be happy to try again

I tried to crawl to the light
    I'm groping through the blackened fields
    A reason there I found
    That's all she left for me to carry

She's a crowd in a cell
    She's a night and the day is long
    A fabulous dancer
    ?

By Margret on Saturday, April 24, 1999 - 04:24 pm:

dunno the song, but there're lots of TOOL songs I could use lyric-aid with.

By Rhiannon on Friday, April 30, 1999 - 11:38 pm:

Yeah, I've given up hope of ever understanding the guy.

But Tool, them I do I understand. Send on your questions for help.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, November 6, 1999 - 10:03 pm:

Monsieur Semillama --

I know you've heard this song. Can you help?

By Semillama on Sunday, November 7, 1999 - 01:44 pm:

i'll have to dig it out of the car. I'll take a listen to it later. Also, I will look for the lyrics on the web.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 7, 1999 - 02:20 pm:

I've tried the web to no avail. But, oh, I would be so happy if you could try to figure out what he's saying.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 7, 1999 - 02:21 pm:

Hey, check out the date and time on my original message....what was I doing up at 6:30 on a Saturday???

By Boy on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 06:16 am:

i just lookin for the lyrics to fabulous dancer
    by whakoo
    it was in the 60s ok but i never heard of this song its OK

By WHITE FLAG on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 10:31 pm:

I dont think you were born in the 60s.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact