Unplugged

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Unplugged
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 03:49 am:

The ceiling's too familiar
    Lying slackjawed on my back
    And the words spit out like puzzles
    As she tries to fill the gap

But my lover's not my mother
    and the hands that wipe my ass
    are the hands that once caressed me
    I don't want them to detest me

I will not burden those I love
    I will not be a spoon fed bird
    Or beg for mercy from above
    Oh let my cord become unplugged

The man from Holland left the room
    But he never left his bed
    On his birthday, after brandy
    He chose angel choirs instead

The first one was for sleeping
    The next one took his breath
    His wife left his bedside to reflect
    In a rocking chair with a cigarette

and I will not burden those I love
    I will not be a spoon fed bird
    or beg for mercy from above
    oh let my cord become unplugged

- Kelly/Mann -
    (Spirit of the West)

By Spider on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 09:41 am:

Do you listen to any other music besides this band?

(I don't mean that in a snotty way. I'm just curious.)

By WanderingWillyTheWhacker on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 08:23 pm:

Mommy stroked his dinger

Daddy got a stinky finger

In those days of long ago

She'd complain
    He'd refrain

He'd go home and hone his bone

By Gee on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 02:43 am:

Sure I do. But they're the ones I listen to the most. I just bought three more albums of theirs a few days ago, so I'm into those right now. that song was from their "Two Headed" album.

I think the main thing is that of all the people I listen to, Spirit of the West seem to ME to have the most profound lyrics. Others may disagree, but that's my opinion. I like to share the things that are important to me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact