End of the World

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: End of the World
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:25 am:

OH MY GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Umm, Ok so I really like wings of desire and I've never seen Until the End of the World, even though I kind of want to, but I developed some sort of sick fetish for the soundtrack and now Bono is singing about the end of the world inside my head all the time. I didn't encourage him, I liked the song, but I didn't like it THAT much and I don't want to have to resort to Edith Piaf to chase him away and I forgot to bring my Aretha to work.

By J on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:42 am:

Margret,you just reminded me of spending $110.00 to see U2 last time they were here,we got so fucked up,started arguing,never made it to the concert,God I was pissed,I was going to send them to Agatha for the mail art project,but I couldn,t find them.

By Nate on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

i don't know what you're talking about, but i now have that europe song "the final countdown" running through my head.

because of you.

sublex my patella.

By JusMiceElf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

Three words, Margaret:

Rock me, Amadaeus.

By semillama on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 01:35 pm:

Fuck all of you, now the last two songs are playing AT THE SAME TIME IN MY BRAIN.

I must exact revenge: "She's My Cherry Pie.."

HA!

By Mendel on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

europe song "the final countdown"

quel fromage

my regrets to you Nate

By sarah on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 06:09 pm:

Mendel. who are you? and where do you live?

By JusMiceElf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 07:10 pm:

he's the little man who lives in the fridge and turns out the light.

By agatha on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

"total eclipse of the heart."

damn you all.

By Mendel on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

Sarah, I'm from New Jersey. That may be why you find me annoying. What else do you want to know?

By Gee on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 11:47 pm:

How very sad.

By Mendel on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 01:12 am:

Sorry to have saddened you Gee. It's just that I find you all to be the most interesting people I have ever come across. I seriously hope I haven't offended or annoyed anyone and I wish you all a very good night.

By cyst on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 02:07 am:

ok then. schmuck.

you know, people are always putting new jersey down. none of my friends can actually believe I live here but that's just because they don't get it. I'm living in a state of irony.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 08:46 am:

I wasn't talking about you, Mendel. I was talking about all the poor little people with bad songs stuck in their heads.

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 09:24 am:

Heard this on the way to work today on one of the oldies stations. It'll definitely stick in your head:

"Skyrockets in flight,
    Afternoon Delight
    Afternoon Delight
    Afternoon Delight"

By J on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 09:43 am:

That,s a shame

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 11:26 am:

"The bells, the bells!"

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

i am thinking Night Ranger, of course i have aguy in my jury pool who looks like Dee Snider, so what do you expect.

i figure this is as good a place as any to tell all about my dream about another sorabjite.

this one involved Margret. I don't know where we were or why were there, i don't even remember what we said, other than it was a little uncomfortable, i was a little shy. here is the kicker, as I have said from day one around here, she reminds me of an old girlfriend named margret, and in my dream she looked just like her. I kept saying "are your sure you never lived in NC?????" The whole dream seemed to be surrounded with this coincidence that i couldn't accept as a coincidence. Stranger yet, there is a girl in my studio lighting class as of last night that is a spitting image of this ex. What the fuck? I don't know if her name is margret or not, and i don't know why this ex is back in my life so to speak...i haven't talked to her or thought of her in months.......

anyway, the dream itself was uneventful otherwise,,,,,,,,,

and i did see the fern in the corner......i put my cigarette out in it's soil......bastard!

By semillama on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

Nyahh Nyahh, your Night Ranger can't get me, I'm listening to Band of Gypsys.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 01:54 pm:

this coffee is delicious.

the "friends" theme song.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 03:59 pm:

"total eclipse of the heart"

jeeezis agatha.... thanks a lot.

mendel, you don't annoy me at all. why would you assume that? the reason i asked who you are is because i was secretly hoping you were someone i know in real life. but if you live in new jersey, you are not he.

alas.

but i'm sure you're a fine person anyway.

if anyone around here gives you shit or roughs you up at all, come talk to me and i'll handle it.

By Margret on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

Today it's been a lot of They Might Be Giants.

I've got a match, you're embracing my collapse.

By Markus on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 06:09 pm:

Oddly enough, Margret was in a dream of mine last night as well. ("I dreamed about you last night" is one of the more potentially creepy lines to hear from someone, such as a coworker, for example.) That's it. I rarely remember my dreams, unfortunately, other than vague feelings and small scraps from the cutting room floor. Don't remember what she looked like or what was going on. Probably another chase dream or transportation dream; that's all I seem to have.

By Margret on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

I am so excited! People are dreaming about me!
    Chase or transportation dream, woohoo!
    My bad dreams, as I have mentioned elsewhere, are about my inabilities to rescue kittens and cats in danger. And the personal danger ones, where I call people to tell them I'm very sick or in some peril but the phone won't dial or my throat is so swollen up they can't hear me, or the voice thing on the phone isn't working.
    Then there's my recurrent dream that I'm in 2nd grade trying to drive my mom's red opel wagon across the bay bridge with my little brother in the back, palm sweating scary.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact