Modest Mouse's "Interstate"

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Modest Mouse's "Interstate"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 27, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

You know, I don't even know if I like this, but I can't stop listening to it. It's catchy.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 27, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

I can't find my 16 Horsepower thread, so I'll just stick this here:

Their new album, "Secret South," comes out today. If you like spooky deserted ghost-town music, this is your lucky day.

By cyst on Monday, March 27, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

last time I was in seattle, I went out for lunch on capitol hill and pointed at a couple of guys in the restaurant.

"those guys totally look like they're in a band," I told my companion.

"yeah," he said. "they're in modest mouse."

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

I ordered 16 HP's "Secret South" special from Germany (http://www.glitterhouse.com) and I'm listening to it right now.

God Almighty, but it's good. Jesus.

I'll say this: If "Low Estate" was listening to music recorded in a ghost town, this is like listening to a recording of the ghosts.

Wow.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:56 pm:

i picked up a few cd's sunday. i finally got back a copy of Nation of Ulysses' 13 Point Plan to Detroy America, my tape copy was MIA years ago... Holybejesus i forgot how good it is.

I saw the Make Up recently Rhi, they should be around your way soon, you gotta see them at least once. Although I am starting to tire fo his schitck...this music wasn't as good this time around. Michelle looked less than amused and they now have additional guitar player.....

nonetheless, if you need confirmation of Mr. Ian Z 's rock god status. Check out Nation of Ulysses.........his poop is more punk than i could ever hope to be

By semillama on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:16 pm:

so, for some reason I don't fully understand, I was offered to join Play by Columbia House. I tried to explain that I was already a member, but the Gen-xer on the line said that it didn't matter, if I joined again, I would still only have one account and I would get the mess of free discs. So, I did.

I recall ordering some Husker Du, Pere Ubu, Kool Keith, Busta Rhymes, Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions, George Carlin's latest, Shabba Ranks, Bob Marley, and some others I can't quite remember off the top of my head. So much for my disc acquisition moratorium.

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:50 pm:

I saw George Carlin in concert years ago,he was great.Has anyone tried napster yet? You can put in a search for an artist and it will bring up all the songs that you can play,save and burn on a C.D.,tonight James the computer God is going to show me how to burn C.D.,s.Then I want to learn how to use the scanner,I got the picture of my ass but I was more relaxed than I thought,shows a little more than my ass if you catch my drift but I think I can blot that out with a marker.I can never show my face at the Walgreens by my house again.

By on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

i think i'll fire it up tonight and get the new ween. try before you buy. wink wink.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact